[F3-SP] Removing the Unwanted. <<Worn Out Welcome>>

Waking up early, Nikodemus decided he wanted to have some fun. He left his shop and traveled to the 3rd floor of Aincrad and roamed around the main settlement attempting to play impromtu games of hide and seek or tag. He impishly ran through the settlement tagging people, and catching them off guard knocking a few over, and then running off scream "TAG!!! YOUR IT!!! CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!!!" He kept this up for some time and then swapped to hide and seek. This involved counting to ten loudly and then running through town searching every nook and cranny for a particular person. They would make him laugh by running away screaming things like "Stalker" or "Madman" and hide, just for Nikodemus to find them again. He kept this game up for a lot longer than the first. When he tired, around mid-day, Nikodemus stopped and wandered the town. He saw many shops and houses, people galore, and even animals that weren't figments of his imagination.

Spoiler

<<Worn Out Welcome>>

This quest takes place on Floor 3
This quest is repeatable
This RP will not count in the benchmark

The master NPC Armorsmiths Griswold, and his wife Hanna, have opened his services to new players of SAO a custom armor shop. He takes orders for no price, but instead asks for materials. That's right. YOU, the player, have to tell Griswold what kind of armor you want. He'll give you the material names and how to get them, and it's up to you to retrieve them.

Entering the shop on Floor 3, you encounter a surly smith and his loving wife. After describing the type of armor you desire (Cloth, Leather, Light Metal, or Heavy Metal) Griswold works with you to determine the right type of material, before sending you on your way to collect the needed materials. Upon returning with the correct materials in the proper quantities, Griswold and Hanna will create your very own set of Uncommon Armor. These materials can be found from fighting a dark elf in the Forest of Wavering Mists.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)
-Defeat Dark Elf

Dark Elf Information:
<<Dark Elf>> is a mob and has the following statistics:
HP: 12
Damage per Attack: 9

Rewards:

1. Leather Coat/Dragon Bone Cuirass (Light/Heavy): An uncommon armor with any standard armor enhancement chosen by the earner of the weapon which fits the armor type chosen. Only one person may earn this armor per thread.
  2. 1 Skill Point

Recommended Level: 3

He finally stopped at a Blacksmith's shop. He knew the smith Griswold helped players out, and Nikodemus decided he would repay the smith the favor. Stopping in, Nikodemus waved at the old man. "Hey Griswold. Anything I can do to help?" His fractured mind didn't recognize that the NPC was just that, and that it was scripted in most senses of the word. The old man hrmphed about and spluttered about helping players and how they needed to go slay a dark elf to get the materials needed for their reward. Shortly after the scripted speech, a pop box opened and asked if Nikodemus wanted to accept or deny the quest <<Worn Out Welcome>> and to click one of the options. In Nikodemus' broken mind he heard that the old man needed a Dark Elf removed and that was it. Smiling wide, Nikodemus accepted the quest. "You got it Griswold. I'll get rid of that Dark Elf for you."

Having accepted the quest, Nikodemus left the smiths shop and began to enter the Forest of Wavering Mists. Within, Nikodemus could smell the damp air and feel the cool precipitation upon his face and neck. Breathing out, he could see light streams of mist part before his mouth in wisps and curl around before reforming. The trees were large and thick here, with moss covering them and turning their multiple colored barks into the same blueish green hue, like oxidized copper. Nikodemus was careful not to trip on upturned roots or get tangled in bushes or shrubs. Whistling, he made good progress towards the area where he knew the Dark Elf spawned. Looking about, Nikodemus smiled and was happy that the mission was one of such ease that he could clear it within minutes.

After a few moments, Nikodemus realized he had gotten turned around. His mind had slipped him and he had made a turn somewhere that got him back to a familiar path. With a sigh, Nikodemus shook his head angrily and returned to walking down the path towards the spawn area. As he did so and made his way down, he realized he was being watched from within the forest. Eyes followed him, and he prepared himself for any random encounter. As he made his way forward, he realized he was half way to the spawn point for the dark elf. With a grin, he relaxed a little and was return his axe to it's chain when a dart the size of a large index finger flew past his ear and stuck into a tree behind him. Looking around, he saw a <Dark Elf Guard> standing off the path and to the left, waiting for him to get in range of it's throwing darts.

Nikodemus: Lvl: 4 | 16/16 HP | Energy: 4/4 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 14 (7+7)

<Dark Elf Guard>

HP: 9

DMG: 5

MIT: 0

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood

Seeing the <Dark Elf Guard> in the mists, Nikodemus was angry and charged at it. He knew he had been watched after he got turned around, and realize that it may have not been his entire fault he did circle back, With a cry of rage, Nikodemus closed the gap between him and the new enemy and swung his axe outward in an arc and cleaved the <Dark Elf Guard>'s left arm at the elbow joint. The skin split and the bone broken, but the arm remained intact. With a growl, the <Dark Elf Guard> swiped with a small dagger and hit Nikodemus with it's flat edge in the face. A mere slap from a startled opponent was all it was. Kicking off and diving backwards, Nikodemus rolled and landed by a nearby tree with his shield up, scanning for more mobs. "Damn random spawns... Of course it would happen. Gotta finish this quick before more come..."

ID# 55413 results: Me Critical Hit +1 | Mob Crit Hit +2

Battle: 9

Craft: 3

Loot: 16

MOB: 10

My DMG: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

Mob DMG: 5 + 2 = 7 - 12 + 1 = 1

Nikodemus: Lvl: 4 | 15/16 HP | Energy: 4/4 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 14 (7+7)

<Dark Elf Guard>

HP: 6/9 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 0

With another charge, Nikodemus closed the gap again and swung hard and high, he cleaved the <Dark Elf Guard> in the arm once more, this at the shoulder. His anger seeped into each hit and he made sure the mob would feel the pain of it's extermination. With a growl, Nikodemus ripped the blade of his axe from the <Dark Elf Guard>'s arm and leapt away once more avoiding another feeble attack with the knife the mob carried. Landing safely, Nikodemus rolled his shoulders and prepared once more to lunge in and finish off the mob. "You should have stayed away. Your death will be in vain and cannot even serve as a message for others to avoid me whilst I am on this mission."

ID# 55414 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 8

Loot: 1

MOB: 3

My DMG:  My DMG: 1 + 1 + 2 = 4

<Dark Elf Guard>

HP: 2/9 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 0

As Nikodemus got ready to once more lunge in and finish the <Dark Elf Guard>, the mob caught him off guard and charged in of it's own accord. Seeing the attack to late to dodge it, Nikodemus smirked and met it head on. his Axe swung down in a sharp arc and connected with the <Dark Elf Guard> 'supper right shoulder, severing it down and killing the mob. Just before it shattered into pixels, It thrust it's dagger forward and into Nikodemus left side grazing him through a gap in the plates of his armor. Grunting hard, Nikodemus kicked the <Dark Elf Guard> square in the chest and tore his axe through it's leather jerkin. As it's corpse fell, it exploded into pixelated data and vanished into the mists. Shaking his head, Nikodemus moved onwards grumbling hatefully.

ID# 55416 results:

Battle: 8

Craft: 6

Loot: 7

MOB: 10

My DMG: 1 + 1 = 2

Mob DMG: 5 + 2 = 7 - 12 + 1 = 1

Nikodemus: Lvl: 4 | 14/16 HP | Energy: 4/4 | MIT: 12 (3+9) | Thorns: 14 (7+7)

<Dark Elf Guard>

HP: 0/9 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 0 DED

Having slain the mob, Nikodemus resumed the trek towards the spawn area where the <Dark Elf> would be. Grunting for them exertion Nikodemus kept a moderate before sitting down to rest. His health would tick back up to full after a couple minutes, and he would be back at full energy once more. Had he not have forgotten any of his newly forged weapons or armor, that battle would have been over quicker, but he didn't expect to be doing this quest, nor running into any mobs that randomly spawned. Within a few muinutes, Nikodemus health hit full and he smiled at this. Standing once more, He began to move again towards the spawn area and was about to start whistling when the thought occured to him that he would bring any other random mobs in the area to him if he did. Stopping himself, he looked about and decided he was alone. If a simple whistling could bring mobs, then surely the fight with the <Dark Elf> will. He would have to be ready with any potions he had, and he would need to sprint towards the safe zone as fast as he could.

Having continued onwards towards the Nikodemus struggled the last few hundred feet as the undergrowth covered the forest floor in a thick carpet of foliage and roots. Respecting nature, Nikodemus refused to cut the undergrowth away, and so instead traversed it lightly and made sure he arrived to the center of the forest safely. Upon entering the center of the forest, a large wide circular area  clear of any rampant growth and covered with a fine grass carpet, Nikodemus noticed the light shining down from the forest canopy illuminated the area, showing a fresh water spring and small pond. As he took in it's beauty, Nikodemus sighed and turned in one full circle to capture as much of the beauty as he could. Upon completing the full revolution, Nikodemus realized he wasn't alone any longer. A large figure stood by the pond, its back to Nikodemus. Long white hair hung down the back of the figure, it's body cloaked in a ragged black cloak. From the sides of it's head, through parts in the hair, two long pointed ears the color of ash protruded. Nikodemus realized that the <Dark Elf> had been spawned while he was looking around. With a smirk, Nikodemus spoke to the being.

"Hey there. I'm Nikodemus. I am afraid I am going to have to fight you, and slay you. No hard feelings?"

Hearing Nikodemus speak, the <Dark Elf> turned and scowled at him. It's features were not horrible or ugly, but they were not beautiful either. The <Dark Elf> muttered something under it's breathe, and then drew a large curved sword from it's sheath and pointed at Nikodemus. "I am Drakshiel, <Dark Elf>. I will slay you for intruding on this sacred place. Prepare to meet your end at my blade!" With those words, the Dark Elf lunged at Nikodemus and made 3 quick strikes with it's blade. Even without the games built in telegraphing mechanics, Nikodemus saw that the <Dark Elf> was swinging widely and slowly. The attacks were meant to gauge Nikodemus defense and attack patterns. With a sigh, Nikodemus side-stepped the strikes and then leapt backwards and rolled to a stop a few feet from the <Dark Elf>, the pond at his back. "Well I shant be giving you any advantages. So no need to be so open about your probing."

ID# 55434 results: Fail all around

Battle: 5

Craft: 5

Loot: 18

<Dark Elf>

!2/12 HP | DMG 9 | MIT 0

The <Dark Elf> growled and spat a string of curses at Nikodemus. Words like coward and fool were used, but Nikodemus didn't fall for the bait. With a sigh, Nikodemus closed his eyes and spoke calmly. "Your not going to get me to foolishly attack you in a rage. So enough." Opening his eyes, Nikodemus saw the blade of the <Dark Elf>'s curved sword slash down his chest plate. His axe was not at the ready, and neither was his shield. With a grunt, Nikodemus dropped to one knee as his <Thorns> Effect kicked in. A buff of damage shot from Nikodemus armor and tore through the <Dark Elf> wounding him badly. The <Dark Elf> took a few steps backwards and dropped to it's knees, breathing raggedly.

Standing up, Nikodemus sighed and walked over to the <Dark Elf>, pity in his eyes. "Well, you tried a dirty handed tactic, and it came back and bit you badly. My armor is strong and well crafted. Your sword hurt me, but not by much. And you activated my <Thorns> effect by striking me. I feel sorry for you. I gave you the chance to duel with honor, but you took the cheap shot and ended up losing. You are a pathetic being, and I am glad I have removed your ilk from this place of beauty, even if only for a short time." With that, Nikodemus walked to the small pond and sat before it. The <Dark Elf> fell face first into the grass and ruptured into a burst of pixelated data. A small screen appeared listing off some materials that the <Dark Elf> held. Accepting them, Nikodemus relaxed and stared at the sky through the trees.

ID# 55438 results: Me fail | Mob hit <Thorns> activated.

Battle: 1

Craft: 10

Loot: 15

MOB: 8

My DMG: 14  = 14

Mob DMG: 9 - 12 = 0 + 1 = 1

<Dark Elf>: 0/12 HP | DMG 9 | MIT 0 DED.

Having rested for a moment, Nikodemus stood and turned towards the tree line and began to head back to the settlement. Walking along the same path, he kept an eye out for an eye out for anything that would attempt to ambush him. As he crossed over a large upturned root, Nikodemus noticed the fine glint of steel reflecting light as another thin dart shot through the trees and stuck into the root where he had just been standing. Rolling out of the way, Nikodemus found himself face to face with another <Dark Elf Guard> armed with a dagger and throwing darts. Grumbling about being right all the time, Nikodemus brought his shield up and then chopped at the <Dark Elf Guard>'s left leg, crunching the kneecap with one blow.

ID# 55555 results:

Battle: 9

Craft: 2

MOB: 5

My DMG: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3

<Dark Elf Guard>

The wounded <Dark Elf Guard> grunted with pain and limped as it tried to move about it's prey. Nikodemus saw it begin to traverse an arc pattern, and he matched it, make the 2 combatants turn in a circle as they waited for an opening to strike at. The <Dark Elf Guard>'s knee was a mangled mess of broken bone and rent flesh, blood running down it's leg and soaking it's black cloth and leather greaves. It limped more as the two of them circled, and the <Dark Elf Guard> knew it would need to tend to it's wound soon, forcing it to lunge forward and swipe with furious but sloppy swings of it's dagger. Nikodemus batted the blade aside with the edge of his shield and swung for the wrist holding the dagger, and then the arm that belonged to the wrist. Each swing of his axe were half-hearted and not meant to actually do any damage if the connected, but to make the creature drop it's weapon. Both swings missed their target as the <Dark Elf Guard> yanked his arm back at the first, and then pivoted it's shoulder on the second to avoid the blade. Both combatants resumed their circle.

ID# 55563 results:

Battle: 3

Loot: 8

MOB: 2

<Dark Elf Guard>

Having gauged the <Dark Elf Guard>'s range of movement due to the wound, Nikodemus knew his time to strike was approaching quickly. He would feint a swing and knew the <Dark Elf Guard> would try to swipe furiously once more, dodging the axe's telegraphed move. When this happened and the <Dark Elf Guard> moved to dodge, Nikodemus would use the beard of his axe to catch it's wrist and the dagger's collar and yank it forward. He would then bring the axe up, tilting it slightly to expose the blade and would make a slicing motion to cut one of the <Dark Elf Guards> eyes.

Once he thought this out and the <Dark Elf Guard> made a move onto it's wounded leg, Nikodemus went through with his plan. Feinting a swing, The <Dark Elf Guard> fell into the trap and began swinging feebly and using the swings as an out to dodging back. When it began to, Nikodemus hooked it's wrist and yanked the dagger free and brought the <Dark Elf Guard> close enough to his reach limit. Once it was within that range, Nikodemus tilted his blade slightly and made an upward cutting motion with it. Hitting his target, The axe blade cut through the <Dark Elf Guard>'s cheek and up past the eye socket, rending the orb asunder and then craving a gouge through it's forehead. With a howl of pain, the <Dark Elf Guard> took a step too many back, and when all of it's weight went on it's wounded knee, the leg gave out and it fell upon it's back on the ground, holding the bloody wound of it's eye with one hand, the other cradling it's knee.

ID# 55595 results:

Battle: 10

Craft: 6

Loot: 19

MOB: 1

My DMG: 1 + 1 + 2 = 4

<Dark Elf Guard>

HP: 2/9 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 0

The <Dark Elf Guard> continued to lay upon the forest floor howling in pain. It had let it's mangled leg go and began to grope about the dirt for it's fallen dagger. Nikodemus saw this and stepped on it's hand, crushing the bones within it. The <Dark Elf Guard> Growled and tried to jerk it's hand free, but failed. Shaking his head, Nikodemus looked down at the creature and muttered beneath his breath. "Foolish thing. Why must you try to kill me and I try to kill you? It is but a waste of time and life. Goodbye." Without a further word, Nikodemus lifted his axe and brought it down upon the <Dark Elf Guard>'s chest. The creature let out one final yowl and then burst into pixelated data. Popping his neck and rolling his shoulders, Nikodemus turned from where the mob had once lain and resumed walking towards the shop.

ID# 55600 results:

Battle: 7

Loot: 12

<Dark Elf Guard>

HP: 0/9 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 0 DED

Making good time, Nikodemus watched the sunset through the trees overhead. He knew he would be back to the safezone soon. Forgetting about the random mob spawns, he began to whistle as he moved through forest. Smiling as he began to see the edge of the forest ahead of him. Upping his pace a bit, he moved onwards and relaxed. As he merged from the tree-line, Nikodemus noticed 2 <Dark Elf Guards> waiting for him. With a sigh, Nikodemus then cursed loudly and looked for a way to end this quickly. Seeing no way around this fight, Nikodemus raised his axe and prepared to charge.

<Dark Elf Guard>

HP: 9/9 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 0

<Dark Elf Guard>

With a quick glance, Nikodemus charged forward and slashed the first <Dark Elf Guard> down the chest. His axe bit deep and caught him off guard, knocking him down and unable to retaliate. The second <Dark Elf Guard> didn't waste the advantage given to it and struck Nikodemus in the back with it's sword. Nikodemus armor absorbed the brunt of the damage, but he still felt the thud jar him. Rolling away from the 2 combatants he regained his footing and posture, bringing his shield up and preparing to strike once more.

55604 results: Me hit | Mob 1 miss | Mob 2 Crit

Battle: 7

Craft: 11

Loot: 2

ID# 55605 results:

MOB: 9

Mob DMG: 5 + 2 - 12 + 1 = 1

<Dark Elf Guard>

HP: 7/9 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 0

<Dark Elf Guard>

Charging towards the wounded <Dark Elf Guard> Nikodemus made sure his shield was up and ready for any incoming attack of opportunity from the second <Dark Elf Guard> that was looming close to it's comrade. Nikodemus clashed his axe with the wounded mob's sword and fought to break it's guard and make an attack, but it held strong. Seeing the second <Dark Elf Guard> come in with a slashing attack, Nikodemus broke off his attack from the wounded one and turned, blocking part of the slash with his shield, but the blade slid left and hit his upper arm between the plating and cut him, activating his <Thorns> effect. A buff of damaging energy shot through the full healthed <Dark Elf Guard> and turned it into pixelated data. Now faced with the wounded <Dark Elf Guard>, Nikodemus felt a twisted grin creep across his face. "Leave now, or we shall play a game that you will not enjoy."

ID# 55716 results: Me Miss | Mob 1 Miss | Mob 2 hit <Thorns> activated

Battle: 3

Loot: 7

MOB: 5

ID# 55717 results:

MOB: 8 <Thorns> activated

My DMG: 14 (Thorns)

Mob DMG: 5 -12 = 0 + 1 = 1

<Dark Elf Guard>

<Dark Elf Guard>

Circling each other, The hurt <Dark Elf Guard> spluttered in it's own language. Nikodemus paid it no heed, and pointed his axe blade towards the trees. "I said, go now. This is your last chance. Your wearing my patience thin, and with that my broken mind will become more chaotic." Not getting a response, Nikodemus made an exaggerated swipe at the <Dark Elf Guard> hoping that it would get spooked and run off. The <Dark Elf Guard> did get spooked, but instead of running, simply swung it's sword about wildly. Neither combatants were close enough to do any harm, and the display of weapon swinging was just that, simple display.

ID# 55718 results:

Battle: 4

Loot: 1

<Dark Elf Guard>

<Dark Elf Guard>

The <Dark Elf Guard> had still not run, and was showing a bit of defiance in the face of defeat. With a sigh, Nikodemus shook his head and then lunged in unexpectedly. His axe came in at an upward slashing arc, smashing into the <Dark Elf Guard>'s abdomen and cutting upward. It was a fairly shallow cut, the blade not going in more than an inch, so there would be blood, but nothing more. Nikodemus grumbled and leapt back before the <Dark Elf Guard> could gather himself for a counter attack. "Last chance..." was all Nikodemus said.

ID#: 55721

Battle: 6

Craft: 7

Mob: 4

<Dark Elf Guard>

HP: 5/9 | DMG: 5 | MIT: 0

<Dark Elf Guard>