[SP-F2] A Test of Sword <<Let There Be Light>>

Ratatosk was having a decent day, had a few troubles going on around the third floor, but everything was good. "Any quests today? What the [censored]! The bulletin board is all empty!" He kicked it and walked out of Urbus, "Damnit, no good quests mean I have to grind for materials again, [censored]!" It wasn't long until a crying lady came up to him, begging for him to rescue her child, "What? Rescuing? Sure, I'll do it." Immediately, a notification appeared above his head, "So this is a quest? Time for some exterminating!" The blonde ran quickly to the area the NPC told him to go to, now was the time for him to fight.

"Alright, time to exterminate some bats!" Ratatosk arrived quickly at the cave and peered inside of it, "Uh oh, looks like there's no light." Suddenly, he heard the sounds of a little girl crying. "What the...." His heart began to ache, and then a flashback played in his head. "NOO!" The blonde stopped the flashback from coming back and unsheathed his blade. Entering the cave, he could feel the presence  of two monsters behind him. "Die!" He activated Lightning Fall and blindly landed on the ground. "That was easy, two dead monsters." The reward screen provided him with light, two materials was better than nothing. "Huh? Some col, awesome!"

ID# 55768

Battle 7 (5+2+1 (Disguise) -1)

Ratatosk: 68/68 HP, 3/17 Energy

DMG: 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skill) x 7 (Sword Art) = 56

Giant Bat: -6/50 HP, Dead

Giant Bat: -6/50 HP, Dead

+2 Mats

LD 13:

+500 Col

LD: 13

13 x 25 = 325

325 + 500 = 825 Col

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk opened up his HUD for a bit of light, "This'll help, at least I hope." He spotted the lost child crying in a corner. The blonde was actually an expert at dealing with kids, conveniently he had some bread and water for the girl and gave it to her. "It's okay, the monsters are gone now." His eyes turned a shade of emerald green, and his voice became more welcoming. "C'mon, your mom is waiting for you outside." He took the child's hand and they both walked out of the cave, there the child's mom was waiting. The mother and daughter hugged and thanked him for rescuing her. "Yeah, don't sweat it."

Ratatosk: 68/68 HP, 4/17 Energy

Edited by Ratatosk

Ventus tried to do a few tricks with his sword but failed, "I don't get how Ratatosk can do them so easily, I'm such a failure..." He looked pitiful moping at the ground, that sword trick made him drop his weapon. "Well, guess I need to pick it up, I think Ratatosk told me to do something about materials, maybe gather them? Alright, back to it then!" The blonde yawned, "There's no way I can do this, I need to take a rest from all this business." Ventus used his sword to cut off a tree branch and gather an apple from it, turning it into little stars. "These are really good... I wonder what they're made of."

Ratatosk: 68/68 HP, 5/17 Energy

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk took control again, "Ventus! This is a test of the sword, not a day to lollygag and laze around like that. You need to become a front liner remember? Now get back to it!" There was no point in saying that since Ventus wasn't there, but he could still hear it. "Yup, more waiting, damn. This [censored] really is boring, wish I had someone to hang out with. It would make my days go by faster, and make things a lot more fun. Probably going to help a noob do one of those quests, maybe Amelie from the other day."

Ratatosk: 68/68 HP, 17/17 Energy

Edited by Ratatosk

"Time to kill some monsters again, looks like boars and nepents still exist around here. Sucks how they're going to die though, but as long as I get materials, I'm not complaining." The blonde took his Anneal Blade and used an AoE sword art to hit all the monsters, "Good, now that they're all pixie dust and magic, I can rest for a little while." Four materials per fight was pretty good, he didn't need a steady source of income, at least for now. "And then I'll get my first unique... Seems a bit far away if I think of it."

ID# 55914

Battle 9

DMG: 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skill) + 1 (Crit) x 7 (Sword Art) = 63

Big Nepent: -20/34 HP, 9 MIT, Dead

Big Boar: -20/34 HP, 9 MIT, Dead

Big Boar: -20/34 HP,  9 MIT, Dead

+4 Mats

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk was just getting warmed up for his power leveling for today, "RIght, today I should be able to level up at least once! Twice if I'm lucky, I'm going to need to work my ass off!" The Anneal Blade went back into its scabbard as he took a seat on the grass. "Guilds, they keep talking about those things... I wonder what they're like anyways." He checked his HUD again and noticed his equipment was getting a little beat up, "Nah, it's not going to break. They were both made pretty well." The only way they'd break is from a unique weapon clashing against his sword.

Ratatosk: 68/68 HP, 4/17 Energy

"How many people have I watched die? In here I mean... A bit too much, on the first day there were a lot of suicides..." Almost everyone in Aincrad had some mental damage, after all who wouldn't after being stuck in a game like this? "At least it's fun as hell, and then once we beat floor one hundred we're back in the real world. Man, that's going to take one hell of a while though, and what about when we get back in the real world? How much will change, and what about school? Well actually, I couldn't care less about school, that [censored] is boring."

Ratatosk: 68/68 HP, 5/17 Energy

Ratatosk's energy reached seventeen again, that meant another wave of monster killing. "This is getting a bit hard, maybe I should stop doing this for a while. Nah, you can't get anything from being a chicken, you gotta fight to live!" It was true in SAO, most of the people who were lazy lived on the first floor, sure they were safe from danger, but what would happen when there are no more front liners? That's why certain people needed to rise up and become powerful, for the sake of beating the game. "And that's why I want to become a front liner!"

Ratatosk: 68/68 HP, 17/17 Energy

Ratatosk decided that grinding for mobs was getting pretty boring, after all he had enough materials already. "Just going to look for materials then, it'll be much easier, and I don't need to kill things and wait." What he actually had in mind was another philosophical talk, and that was very overdue. "White knights, stalkers, creeps, perverts, they all annoy me in some way. Probably the one that annoys me the most is the white knigh- OWWW!" A nearby rock fell on his head, sadly it wasn't a material.

ID# 55920

Loot 6

Edited by Ratatosk

Ratatosk kept searching for materials, but somehow he couldn't find anything at all! "[censored] damnit, dumb floor loot system." He kicked a rock and sat on it cross legged, "Hey Ventus, maybe if you came out it'd be better, huh? How about coming out right now, I dare you to... No? No response, [censored] you asshole!" His fingers traveled across the ground but he found nothing while searching. "Ratatosk must be really good at doing this, he has a lot of materials just by doing this..."

ID# 55927

Loot 1

Edited by Ratatosk

"Alright, let's try this again!" It seems like Ventus really did follow Ratatosk's orders and come out on his own. Ventus did it quite subtly too, Ratatosk didn't even notice the change at all. "I think I should kill some monsters like he wanted me to, here goes nothing!" The blonde unsheathed the Anneal Blade and walked to a group of boars, activating the sword art Lightning Fall instantly ending them. "That was easier than I thought! Maybe I should be a little more confident in myself now."

ID# 55931

Battle 8 (6+2)

DMG: 1 (Base) + 3 (Weapon) + 4 (Skill) + 1 (Crit) x 7 (Sword Art) = 63

Big Boar: -20/34 HP, 9 MIT, Dead

Big Boar: -20/34 HP,  9 MIT, Dead

LD 19:

+8 Mats

Edited by Ratatosk

Ventus sheathed his Anneal Blade and looked at the awesome scenery again. "It reminds me of the times I had with that one girl... What was her name again? Damn it! I forgot, I thought I'd remember meeting a cute girl like her..." He sighed, "Oh well, it's not like she'd remember me anyways... Not many people notice where I am whenever I'm at a party, it's almost as if I'm invisible." The blonde saw that the sun was beginning to set, "Uh oh, better get back to town soon. I heard monsters come out during the night and eat people, yuck."

Edited by Ratatosk

"Here I am! Town, finally. Urbus is a lot smaller than the first floor, but I guess it's just as good." Ventus spotted Amelie from the corner of his eye, "Amelie? H-Hey! Wait up!" She looked behind and saw Ventus approach her, "Oh hey Ratatosk, how's it going? You're a bit different actually, a lot different... Did you get a haircut?" The blonde was a bit confused, how did he know her if only Ratatosk met her? "Huh? N-No! It's just that I... I'm nervous when I'm around girls... Sorry..." He blushed redder than a rose, a side effect of shyness.

Amelie laughed and playfully punched his shoulder, "Well that's obvious. What are you doing on this floor though? I thought you wanted to be a front liner." Ventus's thoughts gathered in his head, what did Ratatosk say to her? "U-Uhh... Yeah! That's right, I want to be a front liner. You know what, I gotta go now. Y'know, front liner prep business!" He rushed his butt to the teleport pad and shouted, "Teleport, Town of Beginnings!" And in a second, he was at the first floor again. "Phew, that was a tough situation. Maybe I shouldn't have walked out on her like that... Aww... Now I look like a jerk..."

Edited by Ratatosk

"I should go out on another nature walk, maybe I can see those samurai again." A few short moments after he began walking, the samurai appeared. "Hey Ratatosk! What's up? We've been hearing quite a bit about you actually, a few groups have been talking about a blonde haired swordsman getting loads of materials from monster hunts, mind filling us in on the secret?" Ventus looked into their eyes with shock, "W-What? People were watching me!" The blonde knew he had a stalker on his tail, but who was that stalker, and were they even a danger to him?

The samurai nodded, "Yup, actually other people have been looking too. Like us for example, while you were fighting those bats we saw you kill them in a single hit, or when you fought the minotaurs." Ventus finally realized who his stalkers were, them. "Seriously? So you guys were my stalkers! Aww man... I'm going to need to go to higher floors to train now." He knew the samurai didn't have the guts to go to the intermediate floors, at least he hoped so. "Sure! That means we can get some better loot and level up faster, we can help you out too!"

"Seriously?" Ventus was dumbfounded by their reactions, he thought they'd back off but they did the exact opposite. "Guys, we'd probably die hunting on that floor! Do you know how strong the monsters are there? It just seems a bit unrealistic for us to be out on the highest achieved floors without even having tier two equipment... Sorry for sounding like a coward guys... I just don't want to see anyone die like that." The samurai were touched by his words, nodding in approval. "Yeah, you're right. We should've thought that through before saying it, sorry Ratatosk."

Ventus shook his head, "No, I should be the one to apologize. I knew I shouldn't have told you guys about that, but I did anyways... Sorry..." The plaza became a place of sadness, everyone was reminded of how SAO was a death game. "I... I need to go, c'ya guys." He ran off into the woods, the time was around sunset but he didn't care, his character was strong enough to fend off almost anything on the first floor, minus players of course. "Right, now I need just a little bit of peace and quiet... And then I'll be able to set things straight!"

There was no going back to the Town of Beginnings, apparently more campers started to go around the south exit of the city. "Seriously? Campers again! Damn it! I wish Ratatosk was here to help me... He'd know what to do." His only option was to hide out in one of the trees, nobody on this floor had good vision anyways in the forest. "Yup, no Nepents will attack me, not at all! I'm safe right here where I am." The blonde was on the top of a tree, out of sight from everyone else. "This is actually as relaxing as a nature walk, I should indulge myself more often."