[PP-F1] Passenger <<Feeding The Enemy>>

Ronin couldn't be happier having Jambin in this virtual world with him and even though he knew it was dangerous, not only for himself but for her now as well, he wouldn't have it any other way.  With her here, no longer would he be fighting alone.  He had been straining to get as strong as he could in order to clear this game and get back to her in the real world.  But now, with her by his side, he could use her help to improve quicker than ever before and the two of them together truly had the potential to get to the front lines and achieve what no one else had.  One thing that would help them, is if Ronin were able to get his hands on a familiar, just as Jambi had...

@Jambi

"Did that silly boy get lost?!" Jambi asked aloud. Today was the day Ronin was going to meet Jambi's dearest friend in Aincrad. She had arrived a little earlier than her and Ronin had planned to talk with Twist alone.. but now Ronin was fifteen minutes late. Jambi was jumping up and down in anticipation for this meeting. Her two favorite people in this world were about to meet! Between jumping up and down and pacing around Twists trunk, Jambi didn't notice someone approaching behind her.

Edited by Jambi

The blacksmith chain smoker had lost track of the time... "What was I suppose to be doing again?" he wondered aloud, laying on his back out in the grass and staring up at the sky.  He watched as the fluffy clouds drifted slowly past.  Today was a beautiful day, but he wondered if it would last.  Apparently there was supposed to be some snow in the forecast.  Crazy to think, one day it could be blue skies and sunny and the next, big fat snowflakes falling from above.  He sighed and closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of the sun on his skin. 

"Oh [censored]!" he cried, suddenly sitting up and popping his eyes open.  He remembered in that instant that he was supposed to go and meet up with Jambi!  Something important, something about meeting a dear friend of hers?  "Damnit! She's gunna' kill me!" he cringed, scrambling to his feet and racing back toward town.  As he finally came rushing around the corner to the area they were supposed to meet, he spotted the girl walking around near a giant tree, though she had her back turned toward him.  He smirked, having an idea that he might sneak up and scare her.  Slowly, he began creeping his way closer and closer... snickering and preparing to reach out and grab her from behind!

"Whereeeeeee issss heeee?! I was so excited for today and this is bringing me down Twist!" Jambi uttered stomping around. "Doesn't he know how important this is to me?! Ughhhh!"... "Ah, you're right Twist, I don't want to be all grumpy pants when and if he does get here. I shouldn't let his lateness ruin the rest of my day... If he doesn't get here in 10 minutes though, I am going to go get a donut and he'll just have to wait on me!" Jambi plumped down onto the ground, sitting indian style with her arms crossed. "Breath Jambi, breath.."

"AHA!" barked the swordsman, suddenly reaching out and grabbing at Jambi from behind.  "Hey you little booger!  Where you been?!  I've been waiting here for you for a while now... I was jus... right over here, on the other side of this big ole' tree here..."  Ronin lied, trying to make up a story so that he wouldn't get into trouble for being so late.  He tried to do his best to keep his poker face intact, knowing if he let his little grin slip out, he'd surely be busted!  This girl was cute as a little button and she was certainly no fool.  Ronin had to play it cool and hope she took the bait.

"So then, now that you're finally here, where's this friend of yours that you wanted me to meet?!"

Jambi's eyes lit up as she heard the familiar smoky raspy voice she loved so much. It was impossible for her to stay mad at him for long. "You liarrrrr!" Jambi yelled jokingly at him while giving him a little pinch in his tummy. "Why are you so late mister?" She asked shooting him a pout face. "Anywayssss.. this is Twist!" Jambi announced as she turned towards the willowy tree. "and do you see his sweater?! I made that for him. Japhy is up there in the branches, they love to play together! I am so glad you are finally here. I have told Twist all about you! He was my first and really only friend in Aincrad. I have spent many days sitting under his shade and talking about the world."

Walking up behind the two of them, Caspar looked up at the giant tree as he eyed it up and down casually. "Why is it called  Twist?" Caspar asked. Caspar didn't feel like asking Jambi if there was something wrong with her, after all, she did say her friend was a tree. Plus it was wearing a sweater. Folding his arms across his chest, Caspar stood in place as he looked around the area for anyone else that was seeing this. Turning his attention back to Ronin and Jambi, Caspar then awaited in place as he looked back at the tree. "Hmm... maybe she means this tree is an event or there is a secret character or NPC trapped inside." Caspar thought to himself.. 

Despite his best efforts, Jambi had been able to see through his lie and called him out on it.  Thankfully, she wasn't truly mad about it and just seemed to be glad that he had finally shown up.  He grinned and turned his attention toward the massive tree with the fancy looking, colorful sweater.  "Oh... this is Twist?" he asked, his eyes growing large as he tilted his chin upward, trying to see the entirety of the mammoth tree.  "Wow... he's a big one...  Well then, hello Mr.  Twist, I'm Ronin... nice ta' meet ya'!"  he greeted, before peering up into the higher branches and spotting a cat's tail swishing back and forth.  "Ah yes, and there's Japhy just like you said...  Oh Jaaaaphy, yoo hoo, what's up little one?"

While he was marveling over the tree and trying to taunt Japhy into coming down to say hello, Ronin suddenly heard a familiar voice join their little scene.  "Eh?  Oh [censored], Caspar!  What's up man!"  Ronin turned to welcome his comrade, giving the man a slap on the shoulder.  When he heard Caspar ask his question about why the tree was called Twist, he decided he was kinda' curious as well and turned his gaze toward Jambi, waiting to hear the girl's response.  The tree was kinda' twisty, but perhaps there was more to the story... 

"How ya doin Caspar, I'm glad you met up with us! This is Twist... He is my best friend here in SAO! He is not too talkative with new people though.. I met him on the first day here. I was feeling pretty wacked out after learning I was stuck in this game so I retreated here and took a nap under his branches.. When I was sleeping I had this vivid dream that the tree had come to life and began to talk to me, consoling my worries and when I woke up what do you know, the tree I was resting under lowered one of his branches into my hand and introduced himself as Twist.. Ever since then he has been a friend and an advisor. He is like my personal guru here, he has really kept my head on straight you know what I mean? Kept me from getting all twisty, hehehe... Anyway boys, let's go find a freaking familiar!"

Caspar stood in place as he heard the story of Twist being shared to him by Jambi. It was an interesting story to say the least, but the way he saw it was that some people handled the stress of being stuck in here different than others. In this case, she had a tree that talked to her and helped guide her. Accepting it for what it was, Caspar nodded to Jambi as she concluded her tale of her friend. "Sounds good to me." Caspar said as he then looked up at the tree. "Hey Jambi, by any chance is your friend here a fruit tree? I think we still need some food to help lure a familiar out." Caspar mentioned. 

"Eh, don't worry bout the food this time around..." interrupted Ronin, stepping forth and lifting his hand to garner Caspar's attention.  "...After what happened last time," he began, pausing for dramatic effect and to let his comrades remember how they had forgotten the food.  "...I went ahead and picked up the food earlier, as well as met with that wild haired gypsy woman and accepted the quest.  All we needa' do now is go and find this damn familiar.  I just hope this time we actually track one down.   Last time I didn't even see any...  But, I guess that lake turned out to be pretty cool anyway..."  After his little announcement, Ronin stepped away from the others, but not before giving Twist a little pat on the trunk.  "See ya' later dude," he said, before sniffing at the air and wondering where in the hell they might go searching for a familiar this time...

"Actually Caspar... Twist here does bare fruit. A magical fruit.. I don't think we have anything like it in the real world. I call them dingle berries. They are so delicious they make you feel like you are floating on unicorn farts.  He only blossoms the fruit at midnight though so thank you Roninnn.. for remembering this time to bring some food. It was such a bust last time when you forgot... heheh" She chuckled to herself as she turned away, remembering how upset Ronin had been last time when they all forgot the food item. "Anyway, I have an idea of where we can go.. I hiked down this trail the other day and it spits you out into this super secluded hot spring. It is absolutely magical and I am sure there are some familiars wandering around. Plus, the trail head is not to far away. Follow meeeeee!" She shouted as she began to skate away.

"Dingle berries huh?" Caspar questioned as he thought the name sounded interesting. "Well as long as they don't taste like [censored], I guess that's all that matters." Caspar said as he then turned his attention to Ronin. "Perfect, sounds good to me, that will save us a ton of time if you already accepted the quest. I guess there is nothing left to do but to follow Jambi to this... hot spring area." Caspar said as he then unfolded his arms from his chest and started to make his way in the direction Jambi was skating off to. He had never been to his area before, so it would be interesting what type of familiars would be roaming around... if they had the luck of even seeing one.. 

"Hmmm, if I remember correctly I think it was over here..." Jambi stated as she turned down a little side street. As she made her way to the end, she realized this wasn't right. "Oh, wait... I think it was the other way... Sorry boys.." She apologized as she back tracked down the street. "Ahhh, yess, here is the trail.. You guys coming?!" Jambi noticed they couldn't get around as quickly as she could without skates. "Maybe on this dirt trail you guys can keep up with me!" As Jambi took her first few steps down the path, she noticed something rustling in the bushes. "Guys come quickly! but quietly.. we don't want to scare the creature away.. it might be a familiar!"

The smoker did his best to keep up with the girl on her roller skates.  He cursed under his breath and grumbled the whole way, doing his best to keep her in sight.  As she disappeared 'round one corner, he finally came after here and found that she was heading back in the opposite direction.  "'The hell?!" he grumbled, seeing that she seemed to be lost.  "Jambi, do you know where the hell you're--" he began, before she went skating off in the other direction and soon announced that she had found the way.  

Finally catching up to the girl again, the smoker stopped in his tracks as he heard Jambi's words.  "Hm?  Oh yeaa... there is something in there..." he whispered, looking toward the bushes and holding his breath.  Carefully pulling the food out of his pocket, he waved it in the air trying to lure the creature out of hiding.  "C'mere.... come on..." he coaxed.  Suddenly, a pair of eyes could be seen looking at it from inside the bushes and he stood very still, hoping he wasn't about to get eaten.  Then... the creature stepped out into view...  "Holy [censored]..." he breathed.

ID# 56190 results:

Loot: 13+6=19 = Familiar Found!

Edited by Ronin

Stopping suddenly at the discretion of Jambi, Caspar looked around and listened intently for whatever it was she had heard. As nothing but the ringing sound of silence filled his ears, Caspar then heard something coming from the bushes nearby. Watching his friend pull food out from his pocket, Caspar then slowly reached behind his back as he pulled his sword free from his sheath. As the blade freed itself, Caspar then observed the unknown creature slowly make his way out of the confines of the thick brush. Stepping into view was what looked to be a large cat like creature that had a burnt orange coat of fur. On top of its head was bright red hair that stuck straight upwards in a spiky fashion as it even had what looked to be an Indian feather lodged behind each of its ears. His face was well defined as his one eye glared at the three of them. His other eye seemed to have been taken away from him as it had a scar running vertically down it. It was clear this large cat had seen some battles and was experienced in the game of survival, which meant this familiar was far more hostile than they thought. Pacing back and forth like a caged lion ready to decide on which prey to kill, Caspar noticed the tattoos that were inked on the familiar's left arm and rear left leg. Its tail held a flame at the end as it whipped it around furiously while little embers spat from it with each swing. 

As the fire themed cat turned and faced the other direction with a growl, Caspar knew now was the best chance to strike. Leaping from his position without notice, Caspar landed in front of the beast as it then growled loudly and arched its back as it got ready to pounce on the swordsman. With his sword equipped, Caspar then readied himself for the familiar to attack. Kicking off the ground, the one eyed large cat jumped at Caspar as it knocked him backwards and to the ground. With a hard thud, Caspar lodged the side of his blade in between the creature's massively sharp rows of teeth as he gritted his own. The creature was definitely a feisty one as he could hear it hissing at him right in his face through the sharp blade in between its jaws. Freeing his hand that helped brace the blade, Caspar then punched the familiar in the face as a distraction so he could get his leg up and foot across the beast's stomach. With a loud grunt Caspar rolled backwards as he threw the beast off him and let him sail through the air until he struck a tree behind him hard. Flipping up off the ground, Caspar then yelled as he ran towards the beast with his sword in tow as sparks flew up off the ground as it was being drug. Likewise, the fire themed beast raced directly toward's Caspar as the flame on its tail was now larger and more wild. As the two finally meet each other full speed, Caspar gripped his handle with his other hand as he then slashed his sword in a horizontal fashion, almost mimicking a baseball swing. Meanwhile, the familiar then produced its large claws from his hand as it slashed horizontally as well. 

*SHIEEEKK!!*

... Frozen in place the two of them stood still as nothing but silence filled the air. Looking straight ahead the two of them remained like statues as if they were waiting for the command to move again. Slowly a gentle breeze blew through the area as it ruffled Caspar and the familiar's hair delicately. Upon closer inspection the flame that made up the tip of the familiar's tail slowly started to diminish as it started to flicker more and more. Slowly closing its eyes, the cat like beast then let out a moan as it slumped over to its side and laid there. 

Slowly standing upright, Caspar then conducted a few twirling moves with his sword before returning it to his sheath behind his back. As the sword was secured the sheath and the sword itself instantly vanished as crystal shards shot in all different directions since Caspar unequipped it. Swiping his finger downward, he then accessed his menu as he selected a potion. As it appeared in his hand, he then turned around and made his way over to the familiar. Crouching down next to it and lifting it's head up, he then positioned his body so that his lap would act like a pillow.  Lifting its head upwards, Caspar then gave the familiar a potion in order to keep it alive. As soon as he did, he then saw the flame on its tail start to grow larger and larger until his attention was then turned to a warmth on his hand. 

Looking down, he then saw the familiar lick his hand as if it was thankful for him saving his life, even after Caspar showed to be the more dominate one of the two. "Gotcha..." Caspar whispered aloud. 

Jambi watched as Ronin drew the food from his pocket; almost simultaneously the creatures eyes appeared followed by a huge orange body of what seemed to be a mutant cat. Jambi was so fixated on the beast that she didn't realize Caspar had unsheathed his sword and was preparing to battle the animal. As Caspar ran at the beast Jambi shouted.. "Noooooo don't hurt him!" She was so worried that Caspar was going to kill the only chance the trio had gotten to find another familiar since finding Japhy. She peered on as Caspar and the beast struggled. "Oh my god, I can't watch this." Jambi quickly slapped her hands over her eyes... it was only a few seconds before she started peaking out between her fingers. 

It appeared Caspar had killed the creature as he began to twirl his sword around like a dancer with his baton. "Ahhh shittt! Whad ya do that for?" Jambi asked and was then instantly surprised and thrilled when she saw Caspar feeding the beast a potion. "He is taming the beast Ronin!

The smoker stood in complete awe as he watched the whole scene unfold between Caspar and the wild orange furred beast.  "Holy hell man, ya' killed it..." he said, watching as his comrade sheathed his blade and the animal lay motionless on the ground, looking like it would surely be a goner in another moment or so...  While Ronin couldn't argue that the little skirmish had been brutal and violent, he had wondered if Caspar might've been able to win without slaying the beast.  All of the smoker's wonders and doubts were put to rest however, as he spotted the fellow swordsman moving in with a potion now and healing the beast.  "Wow..." he breathed, unable to believe his eyes.  "Well if that don't earn you the beast's trust for life... i dunno' what will," he said, before lookin' toward Jambi.  "Welp, onward to the hot spring!  I'm sure Caspar's new friend could use a soak after that action!"

Sitting on the ground as his newly acquired familiar slowly got up on its feet, Caspar grabbed the large fire cat creature by its head and looked him over carefully. After eyeing it left and right, up and down, it appeared as though his new friend would be just fine. Using his black gloved hand to pet him, he then could hear a thundering purr come from deep inside the familiar's throat. It was clear to Caspar that this creature had taken a liking to him and would aid him in anyway it could. Standing upright, Caspar then looked down at the creature as he folded his arms across his chest. As he did, the familiar sat down and looked up at Caspar with its one eye and began to wag its tail back and forth. 

"...Hmm, a scar on your face just like mine. Looks like we have more in common than I thought. Now I just gotta think of a name for you." Caspar said as he continued to eye him up and down. "Well, apparently you are a fire themed familiar and given your experienced look of being around for a long time, I think I'll name you... Mars." Caspar concluded. 

Looking over his shoulder at Ronin and Jambi, Caspar then motioned with his head for Mars to follow him. Then, just like an obedient dog, Mars followed right next to Caspar, keeping up with his pace. "Guys, meet Mars... Mars, this is Ronin and Jambi." Caspar said as he introduced them to the fellow scarred face familiar. As Caspar did, Mars got into a defensive stance as if he was protective of either himself, or his new master Caspar... 

redxiii_zpsaontit7w.png

Edited by Caspar

"Hi Mars..." Jambi was hesitant of how she should react to the events that had just occurred. It looked like Mars was a little sketched out too but he seemed to obey Caspar. "Well Caspar.. you did it.. I think you have found a familar." This wasn't anything like what Jambi had pictured.. when she found Japhy it was so sweet and they had connected instantly.. but maybe this was the perfect match for Caspar. She couldn't really imagine the same sort of situation that happened between her and Japhy happen with him.. Yeah this is suitable, honestly I think this was the only way for him to tame a beast.

Edited by Jambi