[PP-F9] An Outing of a Hunter and a Dragoon <Iron Guardian> (Hirru)

Looking at the cloth banner that Hirru picked up after felling the Iron guard, Lawfer smiled. "That matches the description.... Time to take that sucker back and finish the quest." The dragoon responded as he motioned for the two of them to return to the wagon. Both had hoped on and began their return journey when Lawfer looked over to Hirru. "Good job out there." He stated with a warm expression. "I would have been done for if i took this quest by myself." 

----

Hours passed as the two finally made it back the the shack that the information broker used on the outside of town. "Its a good thing hes an NPC... couldnt imagin a shop out here that would be safe." He commented as he hoped out of the wagon. As the info broke came out of the cabin, LAwfer smiled. "Here you are." He stated as he handed the mangled banner back to the NPC.

"You're jsut giving me it back?" He asked. "Don't try to trick me i know your kind!" the broker screamed as he lunged after Lawfer. With a flick of its hand, it tried to cut down Lawfer as he tuned his back. Ducking, Lawfer managed to avoid any damage.

"I wont let you lead me into a trap you little twerps." 

<<Battle engaged>> Info Brokers turn:

[ID: 56189]
[BD: 4]
[CD:11] Healed +13

[H-2] Lawfer - [95 / 104 hp // 11 / 26 en] 
[H-1] Hirru - [96 / 100 hp // 14 / 25 en]

Info Broker 150/150

Edited by Lawfer

"I think that you would have been fine.  It would have just taken you longer."

The hunter would say to Lawfer as they rode back to the cabin, in which the information broker stayed.  Sometime would pass which gave the hunter some time to process his wares in the back of the wagon.  Seemingly not taking as long of a ride as last time, they had arrived at their destination with the help of Lawfer pointing them in the right direction.  Stopping outside of the cabin, they were greeted by the information broker, whom seemed quite odd.  Normally, information brokers were players or green crystal people.  No, this one was yellow, like any of the NPCs out on the floors.

It was at that point that the information broker attacked us, even though we were going to give it back.  

"Hold on!  We're not trying to trick you!"

The hunter realized that the yellow crystal had turned orange, signifying that he wasn't going to listen to reason.  He was now a criminal, and could be easily killed for his actions. 

"Fine..."

With the broker wide open, the hunter let loose an eight count fierce sword art.  Jumping back before the cooldown could start, he would give space for the dragoon.

[ID: 56205]
[BD: 8]
[Sword Art: Howling Octave] 8x8=64

Lawfer - [95 / 104 hp // 11 / 26 en] 
Hirru - [96 / 100 hp // 7 / 25 en] (+1 en / -8 en)

Info Broker 86/150 (-64 hp)

Edited by Hirru

"What the [censored]!!!" Lawfer exclaimed as he grasped the handle of his Highwind as he picoted and turned to the broker. "You know I was just trying to help you out!!!" He yelled as the broker was intercepted by the Jade Hunter. "Thanks Hirru..." He stated with a smiled as he watched the borkers moves.... He had power... but no accuracy... that would cost him. Dashing towards the broker, his spear began to glow yellow and silver. This was going to be the attack that finished the broker off. Lawfer was sure of it. <Vent Forth> Activated and with three spinning slashes, the dragoon plunged the dual pronged spear head into the broker to have him shatter and fill the air with digital dust.

"That was ridiculous." He stated as he turned his head to the hunter. "Thanks for getting my back though." He stated as he knelt down and picked up the banner that now lay on the ground, but now with its stats exposed. "This will be useful."

[ID: 56222]
[BD: 9]
[Sword Art: Vent Forth -8EN] 11+1= 12*2*4= 96DMG

Lawfer - [95 / 104 hp // 4 / 26 en] (+1/-8) 
Hirru - [96 / 100 hp // 7 / 25 en] 

Info Broker 0/150 - 96DMG 

+Banner of Support

Edited by Lawfer

The fight would end with a quick back to back attack pattern from the duo.  The Broker would fall ever so gracefully before shattering into several pieces of light.  The hunter would have to look away for a second, though.  The man was only an NPC, but he was still human in build.  It was discomforting to kill something that would have the same physique as a brother-in-arms.  Lawfer would give his thanks to the hunter for his support.

"No problem.  Let's check this cabin.  Maybe, it will give us some reason for him to be scared of us."

Looking into the cabin, the hunter searched around for anything that would give them evidence towards the broker's fate.  Unfortunately, there would be nothing of note.  Papers lay scattered, but none had anything legible.  A bed lay tattered in the corner, and a small stove smoldered as if there were something inside, but it was only embers.

"Well, that's great.  Wonder what caused him to become enraged like that?"

The hunter would think on this for a short moment before realizing that he was on a mission himself.  Quickly heading back to the wagon, he would jump on while shouting to Lawfer.

"See you back at the hall!  Mack probably has another mission lined up for us!"

[ID: 56224]
[LD: 5+3] Nothing

Edited by Hirru