[PP-F1] Nice to meat you!

Teleporting to floor one, Caspar looked around as he got his bearings down. The Town of Beginings always seemed to have a positive atmosphere about it whenever he arrived. It was almost as if the game was designed that way, as a way to make players feel comfortable being here. Walking through the city streets, Caspar couldn't help but smell all the great food that was being prepared around him. "Man... I am so sick of eating bread and drinking water. I need some actual good tasting food." Caspar said aloud as he felt his stomach growl and grumble. "Maybe I should have picked a cooking profession... Then I wouldn't have to worry about food. Ever." He continued as he walked down the street.

Chiyoko was intently watching one of the food vendors on the street as they took bitter greens from boiling water...and then dumped the water. She shook her head. It was such a waste. More soy moron! Chiyoko shouted at the vendor mentally as the entire dish was ruined before her eyes. She glanced up to the name of the stall. Golden Egg huh? More like Rotten Egg. That was one place Chiyoko would NOT be eating at. 

"Dumb broad can't cook for $h!t..." Now her voice could have been a mumble for a level of respect but with such a lack of culinary skill, Chiyoko felt no remorse that she was loud enough for those around her to hear. In fact, she was a bit salty that day over a loss of greens she had spotted and was waiting to mature. So spotting some random dude Chiyoko decided to give him a warning.

"Hey!" She pointed at the stall with her thumb, "If you want a decent meal that's NOT the place to go." 

Ronin licked his lips as he came strolling up to the little stall.  It was one of his favorite places to eat as of late and he just couldn't wait to put his order in.  "Ah yes, The Golden Egg!" he cheered under his breath, his stomach grumbling and growling as it too anticipated the delicious meal to come.  As he came sauntering up to the little stall with his Col at the ready, he greeted the NPC running the joint and announced his desire for tasty grub.  "Eyo!  'Member me?" he wondered aloud, though he imagined that NPCs might not even be capable of such a thing.  "...anyhoo, I'll take the usual..."  he insisted, though the NPC just stared at him blankly.  "Ah [censored], fine fine... I'll take the damn veggie dumplings, PLEASE!"

"Eh?" Caspar noised as he looked over his shoulder at the girl behind him. As he did he saw her pointing behind her shoulder with her thumb at The Golden Egg. Looking at her then over at the food vendor, he then saw Ronin standing there ordering... his usual. "Oh yeah? Whys that?" Caspar asked as he turned and faced the girl, folding his arms across his chest. "What about that guy whose ordering his usual right now... You think he has bad taste in food?" Caspar asked casually as he eyed the girl up and down. 

The actual response from the stranger was unexpected. Chiyoko had just wanted to run her mouth a little and move on but it turned into actual engagement with another user. Just her fu©≤ing luck. But why the hell not give her opinion, he asked for it. Turning her head and upper body enough to see the man the stranger was talking about, Chiyoko watched him get some dumplings passed to him by the vendor. She laughed shortly.

"I would bet there's zero flavor to those mush pockets. And as for texture...you may as well vomit and eat it again. Now THAT would have more flavor than the spew that dude's about to shove down his throat." Chiyoko shook her head. They were stuck in a digital world where they could eat whatever the hell they wanted without worry and they chose to eat sh!╪. 

As Ronin placed his order and received his veggie dumplings, he turned 'round rather happy to find there were two other players nearby.  He arched an eyebrow as he took his first generous bite of his dumpling.  They appeared to be discussing something in regards to the little food stand he had just gotten food from and he wondered if they were debating over whether or not to try it out.  As he took a closer look, he suddenly recognized one of the players to be none other than his comrade Caspar.  "Eyo Caspar!  Have you tried this place yet?!  It's GREAT!  ...who's yer friend here?" he wondered, turning his attention toward the girl.

Chiyoko blinked rapidly twice and her mouth slightly hung agape. Great? He thought that food tasted great?!  Chiyoko thought to herself as she looked at half eaten dumpling. How the hell could he be remotely serious? Unless the poor fucker had messed up gear that didn't let him taste. Which was not out of the realm of possibility. Once the blonde guy noticed her Chiyoko got her bearings back. She also learned that the other dude was named Caspar. Never heard of him.

"How can you stomach that garbage? Do your taste settings not work? That NPC can't cook for sh!t!" It perhaps was not the best of introductions. But it was an honest one in the least. 

"Oh?  so... you're sayin' you can do better?" wondered Ronin aloud, looking from his food to the girl who had spoken up.  He itched his ass with his free hand, before taking another bite at his dumpling.  He tongued it, teethed it and turned it over several times in his mouth before swallowing.  "Hmm... maybe she's right... though, I dunno' if I've found anythin' better than this 'round here?  And [censored], it took me weeks to discover this place..."  Ronin grumbled to himself, thinking it over.  His gaze shifted back toward the chick.  "So...?"

The confrontation about her skills  took Chiyoko aback for a moment. Could she do better? In the living world hell yeah, but here? Perhaps. It depended on the limits and if her own knowledge even mattered without the skill. But she wasn't about to tell him that.

"Of course." She replied without hesitation or insecurity with her voice. Besides, it wasn't like she was going to have to prove her skills to this stranger. Chiyoko caught a few words here and there as the dude b!tched to himself. 

"So?" She answered the guy, what else did he want? "Perhaps try food from a user who actually knows what they are doing? Surely there is a shop set up somewhere. Unless...you can't afford it?" Chiyoko didn't know this guy from another asshole, so maybe he hadn't leveled up either. 

Ronin pulled another generous teethful off his dumpling and chewed at it fiendishly as he considered what the girl had said.  "Hmm... ya' know... I think you've got yourself a deal.." he answered back after a moment of thinking it over.  While the girl hadn't really presented any sort of offer, Ronin understood it as such.  She had said that she could do far better than the apparent crap he was grubbing on now, so he wanted to see or rather, taste, exactly what she could do.  He was too damn curious to let it pass on by, so it was time to throw down a little somethin' as incentive... maybe she'd bite.

"I've got a lil' blacksmith operation runnin' here in town.  It's a little shanty down the way, but I can make some pretty damn good [censored].  You make me some good grub, I'll make you some kick ass gear.  Deal?"  The smoker's stomach grumbled at the mere thought of delicious food.  He had come to enjoy the little stand where he got his dumplings, but deep in his heart he knew very well; she was right, they were [censored].

Sh!t, sh!t, sh!t....could she even make any better? Honestly, Chioko hadn't really tried. Hell, she wasn't even a legitimate cook. Her mouth had seemed to get her into trouble. Nothing dangerous per say, but her ego and reputation were on the line. This left her with two options, try and fail or be honest. 

"uh...." Chiyoko scratched the side of her head nervously, "I kind of...cook really well outside of the game. Maybe some day I can?" It seemed like a good deal to get some gear for food but there was no way there would be an equal trade at that point. Some would call it depression but Chiyoko liked to tell herself it was some sort of stance against being stuck in the game that had prevented her from trying to level up. 

"I've just been low key. Never really had a reason to bother with stats and the like. So I'd probably burn water if I tried at this point." Chiyoko smiled awkwardly and made a strange noise that was supposed to be a laugh. It was rather embarrassing to say the least. 

"Bah!" spat the dumpling wielder, gobbling up the last bite and tossing the rest of his [censored] to the ground.  As the leftover food hit, it suddenly burst into a thousand crystalline shards with the sound of breaking glass rushing it off into nonexistence.  Wiping gloved backhand across his lips, the blacksmith eyeballed the chick a little more closely now.  So it seemed she had a pretty strong opinion on things, and perhaps an over-inflated ego as well?  He pursed his lips and fished a cigarette outta' his pack, before promptly lighting it up and thinking it over.  "Never ya' mind all that... let's give it a go.  Ya?"  

Despite the girl finally confessing about her skills, or rather the lack their of; Ronin wasn't phased.  Truth be told, the dumplings didn't really do it for him and he had been craving something, more.  He licked his lips and puffed at his cigarette, day dreaming of some delicious grub.  Even if this girl had chosen a cooking profession and hadn't leveled it up at all yet, there was still always the chance she could make something amazing right off the bat.  He remembered his very first attempt at smithing and how he had crafted a rare item without even knowing what the hell he was doing.  Yeah, this was too good a prospect to pass up, especially for someone as curious, greedy and hungry as Ronin was. 

"So then, where's yer shop?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and peering at her through swirling tobacco smoke.