(PP-F1) The Easy Way Out (Crimsa)

Manta glanced around the inn room sadly. It had only been a month or so ago that she had opened a shop with Erin. That was the one thing that she regretted. She didn’t want to leave Erin all alone here in SAO, but at least she could trust Ariel to take care of her. The things that had happened just weren’t right. It was like something out of a nightmare, and Manta felt certain of the sort of person that she would become if she continued on like this. Sousuke had disappeared, Zel and Dom had been murdered in front of her, Zelrius being murdered by no one other than one of her old guild members, someone who had earned her trust with a duel. She was more than upset, she was distraught. She knew that the future her wouldn’t understand, but she also knew that the future her would understand the importance of what she wrote in this message. She finished scrawling and sat down slowly in the new inn room she had rented on the first floor. She unequipped her non-vanity equipment and stowed it away in her inventory, glancing through it sadly, her eyes alighting on the ring she had ordered back when she and Erin had gotten together. It represented her feelings for Erin, and her loyalty. She tapped it, equipping it. She wasn’t ever going to take it off, and maybe someday Erin would recognize the ring, and through it, her. She sat down gingerly on the bed and pulled out a few potions.

She drank the first one quickly, her hair changing color from its customary white to a deep, dark red. That was enough of her appearance changed for her, and likely for anyone else. She had already gotten a new haircut, that change in appearance alone being enough to radically alter how she looked. The change in hair color was the next bit to changing that. She didn’t want people recognizing her. That would just make things harder. Now it was time for the big deal. She stared at the potion momentarily, thinking back on all of the good and bad times she had had so far. Maybe she would regain them someday. She uncorked the vial and drank it down, slowly collapsing back on the bed as the potion did its work, her memories slowly slipping away as she fell into a deep sleep.

Strange things happened all the time. But never to her. Or did they? She glanced around the room, but saw nothing familiar. It was strange, waking up in a bed that wasn’t your own, not even being able to remember your own name. She was surprisingly calm though, as though she was used to stressful situations and strange happenings. She stood up and rolled out of the bed, walking over to the bedside table on the other side where she could see a note. She slowly picked it up and turned it over, reading the messy scrawls. Whoever had written it had been in some sort of hurry, and likely distressed as well.

Dear Me,

Im sure that I’m probably confused, well you, not me. Things have happened that make me feel as though it is necessary for me to remove my memories. I don’t know if you’ll ever regain them, but that’s not the point. We’ve seen horrible things, and the path that we were set on wasn’t going anywhere good. So I halted it. I suppose that there are a few things that you need to do now that you’ve woken up, plus a few instructions for you. You need to trust me completely. First off, don’t share your username with anyone. That means no official parties or friending. Make up an alias of some kind. Secondly, go out and get some new clothing and equipment. The gear that you have at the moment is easily recognizable, and for our own sake I would keep it in the far corners of your inventory. Except for the ring. It isn’t all that recognizable, but it is incredibly important. Always wear it if possible. That’s really it I suppose… One last thing, a few philosophies of mine. Stare long enough into the abyss, and the abyss will stare back into you. Don’t dwell on the terrible things longer than necessary. Just keep moving forward. Also, always be prepared to forgive, and to give as many chances as you can. Everyone deserves chance to learn from their mistakes. Now, go out there and have some adventures!

Manta

She stared at the note. Had she really written that? It seemed so cheesy and kind of dumb in her opinion. She supposed that was what happened when you looked at your own writing with a new pair of eyes. It didn’t take her long to leave the inn she was in and grab some new clothing. Gear was another matter entirely. She couldn’t use any of the items that she had anymore, which meant that she would need to go order some. And come up with some sort of alias as well. She had plenty of materials to spare, but not a ton of imagination. Either that or she was terrible at making up names. Monty? That was a dumb name, just by the fact that it was a boys name. It seemed so familiar though. It was quite similar to Manta though, her username, so maybe that was it. Maybe something about her red hair? She had had it as long as she could remember, and it certainly seemed to be one of her defining traits. Hmm. She really liked Scarlet… Yep, that was a good one, very original too. Not. But it was all she could up with in such a short period of time. She glanced around the first floor, standing near the exit. She needed some new gear, and a guide. She could remember the basics, that this was SAO, a virtual game, and that they were stuck her and had to defeat all of the floor bosses. Not much else though. She was even having trouble remembering how to activate sword arts.

Crimson hair blew gently in the cool breeze of floor one, her skimpy school girl outfit warranting some rather curious looks from passing players. She had to admit... that blonde tailor sure knew how to work with a needle. Getting a feel for the starting floor once more she walked aimlessly, no real destination in mind. What were she to do today?. It seemed Zero was reluctant to answer her messages, to be fair the boy was probably still trying recover from the previous night. Though it still didn't dismiss the fact she was left to do her own bidding when he was her servant, something she would have to remind him of later.

"Hmm?" Placing a hand on her hip the woman halted her steps as she spotted an interesting treat, taking this time to examine from afar sapphire eyes ran over the player's body. She seemed...fresh. What act would she go with?, she doubted being her normal erotic self would prove any use in this situation other than unneeded awkwardness, while going with the innocent, cutesy shtick would only find girly talk. Moving her legs she formed a concerned expression and approached, she would have to see if that had any use in this world.

"My!, what do we have here?" speaking the words she added in a hint of surprise and twisted worry. "What would a young thing like you be doing out and about all on your own?" she asked walking around the girl to give her a once over, the scarlet hair was something she wasn't amused of but if she managed to get what she wanted from this player she wouldn't mind one bit. 

Scarlet stared at the woman for a moment as she approached, wondering if she was someone that she knew. As the woman started to speak it became apparent that it wasnt anyone that she knew. Scarlet looked the woman over, taking note of her long red hair. Hmph. Scarlet's hair was much cuter and stylish than this woman. Plus, she didnt look to be a very high level. Scarlet could take her one handed, like she had Oik-. As she thought it the name almost immediately dissipated. What had it started with again? An A? That wasnt right. She made a confused expression momentarily before recovering. She could tell from her way of thinking that she had been incredibly arrogant before... She was unsure if she had reigned it in before or just gone around acting better than everyone. Maybe that arrogance was why she had had to change? All of these thoughts happened in the space of a second or two, so it only took a few moments for the emotions to flash on her face before she refocused her attention. "I wouldnt know. I dont have much of a purpose..." She replied, being truthful and doing her best not to be arrogant.

Having fully revolved around the girl once she frowned and faced the scarlet beauty. "oh sweetie, everyone has a purpose in life..." leaning in closer she smirked deviously and whispered. "even if that purpose is to serve" she cooed seductively, lingering there a moment longer the woman toyed with idea of blowing on the girl's ear but eventually decided against it. Resetting her stature she brushed a hand through her crimson haired and chuckled. "So love, what do you want?. To serve?..." extending out her hand she met her gaze with the girl's. "Or to command?"  

Scarlet frowned at the woman as she got up close and started to say some very weird things. But that did bring up some good questions in her mind. Out of those two options, what was her purpose? She had to rely on her feelings, and at the mention of the word command she felt herself tense up slightly. She didnt know why but she didnt like that. Maybe she just didnt like being in command, or she was rubbish at it. However, her arrogance meant that she probably wouldnt be great at serving. Or would she? She was just so confused... She did know that she should make a decision and figure out from there what sort of person she was. She supposed since she didnt like command she might as well try to serve. After all, maybe if she just let someone else tell her what to do she would feel less stressed and not have to worry about her memories or figuring things out. The other woman seemed to be a fan of the dramatic, so Manta followed her lead and got down on one knee, giving the hand a gentle kiss. "To serve I suppose."

Her sapphire gaze widening is surprise as the girl kneeled down and kissed her hand the woman lightly blushed and chuckled, well she had meant to make the other choice sound more appealing but it was always nice to have an extra pair of hands. Pulling up on her hand to signal that she could stand the crimson haired player smiled, feeling accomplished. "dear, I haven't been treated like that since I lived in England. You get extra brownie points, as too how much? eh we'll roll a die or something" she winked playfully. Crossing her arms she nodded and turned, motioning for the girl to follow. "now before I put you through training there is the small matter of how you will address me, My name Crimsa. Though if you wish to address me under a different name or title you may" Having introduced herself the woman lead her new servant along the streets of floor one, searching for a more populated area. With seating naturally. 

"Here we are!" Crimsa stated happily upon finding an empty table with a duo of comfy looking seats, giving a glance to the scarlet servant she smiled and waited patiently. Testing her, there were two choices in this situation. Oh how would she fair?.

Scarlet frowned inwardly as the woman almost immediately started to treat her like a servant. That had pretty much been what she had asked for though, she supposed. She decided that she would go along with it and see where it led. She followed the woman through the streets, staying beside her, but also slightly behind her at the same time. Scarlet was unsure, but knew that she somehow understood how a servant should act. As they approached the seats, Scarlet stood to the side respectfully, waiting for the woman to sit down first. And even after she sat down, Scarlet would likely wait for Crimsa to tell her to be seated. She understood the proper etiquette for a servant, even though the actions themselves felt alien to her, as though she'd never done them before.

Letting out a sigh Crimsa clicked her tongue and shook her head, first test failed. Gesturing for the girl to sit she herself pulled out her own chair and sat, swiping open her menu to order the two a drink. "Sweetie, you may speak freely. I'm now your mistress, not your dictator" the woman stated with a kind smile. "You will be expected to perform small tasks, such as dishes around a household, helping me with my Alchemy...at least when I get the job, scavenging items, and pulling out chairs for me" She lingered on that last part to inform the girl of her failure.  Awaiting for her newly found servant to seat herself, the woman offered a polite nod as a waiter came out of the shop to receive their orders Crimsa gave a sly look to the girl and then focused on the boy. "Excuse me Sir, but could I please have a small, chocolate milkshake?" Walking her fingers across the table she swiftly reached and grabbed the waiter by the belt, pulling him into the table. Hearing the pleasing sound of his pitiful yelp she couldn't help but giggle. "And if you can manage to get me a discount I may be let you shake some other things you've been staring at since you saw me~" she left off pressing her breasts onto the table, forming a blush to add to effect. 

Gulping nervously the boy shook his his head frantically and turned to the other girl once he had managed to collect himself, asking her order before returning inside of the cafe. Forming a smirk Crimsa lifted herself off of the table, setting her eyes onto her company. "So, tell me. Did you learn anything from that? and for god's sake what do I call you?" she chuckled growing tired of unable to call her new servant by name.

Scarlet frowned, not really having anything to say to the woman. She was just trying to figure out what to do. It sounded like she would be given some pretty lame, boring jobs. She didnt feel like that was the sort of thing that she had done before. Still, she supposed that if she was going to try this job out she needed to do it right. "Yes ma'am." She replied, gracefully sitting down, her hand automatically moving to adjust the rapier at her side so that she could sit properly. Before realizing that she had nothing at her side. That was strange, she must have had that rapier for a long time, so long that habits like that had stuck around. She ignored her mistress as she attempted to seduce the waiter. "I learned that im supposed to pull your chair out for you, and that seduction wont always work. I'm M- Scarlet." She stated.

Placing her elbows on the table top she clasped her hands together and stared at the girl in front of her. "well Scarlet, you won't only just be pulling out my chair. yes I stated you will be given mundane tasks but as far as I'm concerned you will be my personal Servant, staying by my side through dinners to battles. Whether you become my shield or my sword is up to how you build your character" she explained leaning back in her chair and crossing one leg over another. Eyeing the inside of the shop Crimsa smiled confidently as the previous waiter exited the cafe, carrying a small vanilla milkshake. "one of my first orders for you is to start studying how I function in my everyday life, it will teach you how to prep for my days while learning yourself how to use the most useful tool any player could in this game" she stated. Focusing her attention upon the boy she gave him a wink as he set down her drink mumbling the words "on the house". Swiping open her menu the woman sent the waiter a friend request. "Send me a message sometime this weekend, I'll show sweetie" she purred before politely shooing him off with a wave of a hand. 

"As for the seduction my dear Scarlet, patience is required" she spoke the words simply. Reaching out for her drink she took a sip, enjoying the refreshing coolness of the icy beverage before setting it back down on the table. "now then, I want you to seduce someone by using your most valuable tool. Your body...

Scarlet was not the sort for seduction, she was as modest as they came and didnt even like talking about anything vaguely sexual. "I-i would think the most useful tool would be a sword." She stuttered, not even vaguely prepared for what the woman wanted her to do. "I-I mean, I-i really dont think thats necessary." However, it seemed like Crimsa wasnt going to relent in her request. Scarlet stood up tentatively and made her way over to a man sitting alone at one of the other tables. She slowly leaned over,showing off her assets as she leaned on the table. "Excuse me Mister, but im afraid I forgot to bring any money today. Do you have a few col I can borrow?" She asked, looking down and blushing a little. The mans eyes were on anything but her face, and he stuttered himself, pulling out four hundred col and passing it over to her. She smiled. "Thank you so much." She said before walking off as sensually as she could to sit in front of Crimsa again. She deposited the col in her inventory, staring at the balance in front of her. She was pretty sure that forty five thousand col was a lot. She decided to keep that a secret and closed her HUD, looking over at the other woman.

Edited by Manta Gaul

"Indeed, the blade is quite the useful tool but unlike out in our world it is flawed by many random factors within this world's systems and mechanics" She stated. To her these moments were a little strange, she had never really tutored anyone to be like her. It was almost as if having a little sister, well of course one that listened to her every whim and one the woman definitely wouldn't mind hopping into bed with. Listening to the girl's minor complaint she simply leaned forward and smiled, reaching to her side. Grasping the golden hued leather of her whip. Placing the weapon on the table she continued smiling, remaining silent. It wasn't a threat, it wasn't motivation. Just a simple gesture, one that she hoped would reveal what was in store for her if she failed to comply. 

'Way to go~" Crimsa purred softly, once again making herself comfortable in her seat. Leaving the Whip on the table as a reminder. "it seems you have a natural gift for it, though you did miss on one crucial detail..." she left off as she took another drink of her milkshake. This situation was becoming more amusing with each passing second, something that was rare for the woman to come across in this game. "A personal rule of mine is to always reward those you toy with, whether it's a simple peck on a cheek, Too finding a dark alley to do the nasty I always reward the ones who give" She explained. Setting down her beverage she gestured to the waiter she herself had previously taken advantage of. "That boy in there is going to get his reward from me, as long as he messages me on the weekend that is. He'll most likely have a nice fondle or so of my breasts, it may escalate, it may not. But doing this will make sure that the other party is satisfied and you're not hunted down in revenge" Giving a shrug Crimsa looked back to her servant. "We'll go on about that later though, but you miss Scarlet, I want to know more about you".

Scarlet was both happy and upset by what she had just done. It didn’t feel right, but at the same time it was kind of nice to be able to get what she wanted just by positioning her body in the right way. She wasn’t sure that she would ever be able to bring herself to do the “nasty” with someone to get what she wanted, but she could probably handle a simple kiss on the cheek or even a hug. Crimsa’s words were logical though, despite the morality behind them seeming flawed to her. As she glanced down, she noticed the whip, lying on the table. She hadnt noticed it before, but it was obvious now that it had been a warning of some kind that she had completely missed earlier. She was certain that Crimsa would have enjoyed administering that punishment. "You know just as much about me as I do Crimsa." She replied. "I'm a low level with no memories and no purpose." She explained, sitting back in the chair slightly dejectedly. She had checked her level, and it was only forty. So many years of being in this game and she had only made it to forty. That was relatively close to one, so she must have been pretty slack before.

"Wait?, no memories?." Crimsa spoke up a little confused, how was that even possible?. A little concerned for her own well being she eyed the area around them, looking for anything out of the ordinary. Player's staring at them, indirectly or not. Though no such luck, it seemed everyone was well on their way to mind their own business. Taking a deep breath she set her gaze on Scarlet's. "I want you to tell me everything from the start." She ordered, her voice low but stern. This was no time for simple training sessions nor the time to do anything else. In this moment, she needed to confirm whether or not she should expect danger. "And your current purpose is to be my servant, that will remained unchanged no matter the situation. But now I want to make sure I am not endangered by doing so." she stated crossing out one of the girl's issues. "Now. From the moment you realized your situation."

Scarlet frowned thinking back. "I woke up this morning in an inn, only remembering the premise of this game. Then I went out and bought some clothes and met you." She explained, wondering what was wrong. Obviously she had left out the note and the instructions, but she if she mentioned those it would mean she would have to give her real username and show that gear she had had. And she wasnt supposed to do either of those. "I'm not anything special. Maybe I was an amnesiac or something."

Running a hand through her crimson hair the woman sighed. "Don't say you are not anything special, alright?. If you honestly believed that you would have ended your life a long before this, so stop looking for comfort or pity because of a false feeling of uselessness." She commanded harshly growing irritated at Scarlet's words of herself, closing her eyes Crimsa thought to herself. "While I find it strange an Amnesiac would lose all knowledge except the way Sword Art Online worked let's go with that for now." Letting silence sink between the two of them the woman tapped her finger against the table. "Look. If you need to talk...I guess it's my duty as your Mistress to comfort you..." She stated looking away a light blush burning it's way onto her cheeks, she shouldn't had been that mean to her. This girl was hers to look after now and it would be wrong not to help her with her issues. Looking back to Scarlet she snatched her Whip off of the table and stood abruptly, attaching it to her side. "let's go, I need to do a couple personal errands before the days end." Motioning for the girl to follow Crimsa cleared her throat. "well as far as I can tell you aren't being followed by anyone, so I guess I'm not in any sort of danger by being around you.

Noticing the girl's awkward walking Crimsa gestured for her to take to her side. "There is no real reason for you keep as silent as you have been Scarlet, I'm sure you have questions about me and your future with me."

Edited by Crimsa

Scarlet was a bit upset that she had angered Crimsa with her self demeaning comments. She supposed that that was how it sounded, as though she was fishing for compliments. From whatshe could gather she had caved and ended her life though. She wasnt brave enough to actually do it though, so she had only destroyed her past instead of her future. She smiled a little bit as the woman offered to talk with her and comfort her if she really needed it. That was really nice. She stood up as Crimsa did, walking next to her as she motioned and they walked. Apparently she had some errands to do. "I just dont have much to say. I dont have experiences to share or advice to give. As such i have no questions or concerns." She replied, a bit of the arrogance from before making its way into her speech.

Turning to look to her servant Crimsa offered an understanding smile and patted her head. "That's fine then, If you do have anything to say or any questions I want you to feel free to speak them." She informed the girl not wanting there to be any awkward tension between the two of them, entering the more market like part of the city the woman slowed her pace. Browsing the items in the windows and rating them as she walked by, she seemed to especially focus on potions and crystals. Studying their varying forms and appearances. Keeping her Sapphire eyes on the items she spoke. "You will be making arrangements to move up to an Inn on floor five, that is where me and my husband reside until we raise enough funds to acquire a proper household." Turning to Scarlet she smiled. "it's a sandy place and it absolutely ruins my hair but he likes it, so I manage for him." Glancing back towards the windows she stopped before one and gazed beyond the displayed items, looking into the shop itself. "Scarlet, do you want me to help you try to remember who you were?" she asked, her expression serious. 

Scarlet blushed a bit as Crimsa patted her on the head, unsure of whether or not this was one of the womans gestures of understanding or her being looked down on. "Thats fine. I dont have anywhere i'm staying anyway." She explained, glancing at the potions and crystals as they walked. Low quality, poor enhancements, that one was a ripoff for the price. She couldnt help these thoughts from springing up as she glanced over the potions and crystals that Crimsa was inspecting. "Im not a big fan of the desert, but thats all right as well." She paused as Crimsa asked her if shed like help trying to remember who she was. She had already made a decision herself, and she was going to stick by it. "I dont know who I was or what happened, but i think it happened for a reason. I'm not going to go searching for the answers. If they come to me ill take them, but until then I'll just go with the flow."

Nodding as if satisfied the woman turned away and began backtracking, making her way back towards the center of the city. "Good, that means you can accompany me directly home." She stated. It was nice to have a personal servant once again, while Zero indeed was a servant of hers it was more of foreplay rather than a serious title. Taking a deep breath the woman smiled, it almost brought back memories of England. Almost. "To be honest, I am glad to hear that." She admitted. "If you had chose to chase your memories I would have helped you, but it would had been dreadfully boring.

Approaching the teleporter Crimsa faced her servant and smiled. "Is there any other tasks you had on this floor?, if so I will await you here until you are satisfied. If not I know a knockout of a Tailor on the forth floor who has some befitting clothing for one such as yourself." she offered happily