[PP-F2] The Bee's Knees <<Long Live The Queen>>

Quest Details:

Spoiler

<<Long Live The Queen>>

This quest takes place on Floor 2
This quest is repeatable

This RP will not count in the benchmark

mb_twq.png

Word from the Information Brokers speaks of a hidden respawning Field Boss on Floor 2. A small party reported having farmed the <<Wind Wasps>> found throughout the fields awakened a hidden Field Boss. This monster, identified as <<Wind Wasp Queen>>, proved to be a dangerous opponent for the relatively low levelled party, and dropped a powerful Alchemical Potion.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] Pages (21 or more posts)

-Maximum Party Size of 3

-The Wasp Queen must be defeated 

-Repeat completions will only yield <<The Matriarch's Stinger>>

Wasp Queen Information

<The Wasp Queen> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:

HP: 50
Damage per Attack: 12

Rewards:

1. <<The Matriarch's Stinger>> This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.
  2. 3 Skill Points

Parties or Groups of low level players are advised.
Recommended Level: 8

Ronin stretched his arms overhead and his elbows and shoulders popped and cracked audibly.  He groaned in a satisfied manner, before lowering his arms and closing his eyes.  He inhaled long and deep into his lungs.  "Damn... where the hell are they?" he wondered aloud.  He had been waiting outside of his little shanty of a shop for some time now, for Caspar and his wife Jambi to arrive.  He had tried to remain patient, but it had been quite a while now and he was growing a little bored of waiting around.  He opened his eyes, peering off down the street and looking for any signs of his comrades.

Walking down the street, Caspar made his way to Ronin's shack where the group usually meet up at. After getting Ronin's PM about meeting up with him, he quickly gathered his equipment and got his armor ready for the quest. Walking out of this shop, that he hated to have, Caspar hoped the three of them could get this quest completed without any casualties. While walking down the street, Caspar could see Ronin sitting outside his shop waiting like usual. With his expressionless face apparent, Caspar called out to his friend as he drew near. "Whats up? am I the first one here?" Caspar asked his friend. 

"People to gooo, places to seee, people to gooo, places to seeee.." There was an unusual amount of people in the street today and they were all in Jambi's way. She had received another message about some quest Ronin wanted to do. She considered not going this time and just having a peaceful, fun filled day. Before Ronin, Jambi never accomplished much other than having a good time in Aincrad. Things were different now though.. she knew Ronin liked to put himself in the face of danger and Caspar would always go too.. it would be hard to have fun knowing they were off fighting some crazy beast. So.. Jambi danced through the many crowds of people on her way to his shop.. "People to gooo, placess to seeee..."

As she neared the shanty, she saw them both waiting outside. "Whoopsss, I hope you guys weren't waiting too long!" She said to them with her nutty, wide eyed, grin.

As his comrades showed up one after the next, the smoker couldn't help but smile.  It always made him feel good when they all reunited, since it not only was nice to have their company, but also to know that they were both still alive.  He never knew, whenever they went their separate ways, if he would ever see either of them again.  Such was the nature of this game.  He held a lump in his throat whenever he was out questing or adventuring alone, trying to grow stronger so he could free them all from this prison.  But now, seeing both their faces emerge once more, the lump in his throat was removed and he felt as though he could finally breathe again. 

"Heya' gang, found a new quest for us... we gotta' head up to Floor Two and climb to the top of a mountain... there's supposedly a sweet ass garden up there and a giant Bee we gotta' take down.  Sound good?"

Edited by Ronin

Jambi did her best to pay attention to what Ronin was saying to her and Caspar however she was almost completely preoccupied with this strange looking bug crawling around beside her feet. It looked like a mutant centipede and although Jambi loved all creatures... she wasn't too fond of insects with eight legs or more and this thing must have had at least a hundred. What made it even weirder was that on each end of the bug it had two huge feelers. "Yuckkk" she muttered stepping side to side to try to avoid this beast. "Friggg offff nastyyy" she spoke again to the bug who wouldn't leave her alone...

As she was dealing with the pest she overheard Ronin say something about a garden. "Yeah, garden, sounds sweet! Lets get started that way now!" Jambi stated wanting to get far away from the alien thing.

Scutigera_coleoptrata.JPG

Ronin eyeballed Jambi, wondering what the hell the woman was up to now.  She always seemed to be distracted by this, or looking at that, swimming through tidal waves in her wild twisted mind.  The smoker shook his head, deciding it didn't matter.  She had voiced her input and he nodded, deciding it was time to get moving and not dilly dally any longer.  "Right then, let's move out..."  With that Ronin headed off toward the teleport pad leaving only a trail of thick tobacco smoke in his wake.  When they had all arrived up in the gardens on the second floor, the swordsman licked his lips and marched straight out into the fields, looking for this wasp queen and hoping she'd spawn quickly.  To his joy, a buzzing sound suddenly crept up and before he could say applesauce, the enemy had arrived.

Wasting no time, Ronin raced forth hoping to attack, before realizing he didn't even have a weapon equipped!  The wasp queen lashed out at him, driving its stinger down upon him with great force.  Thankfully he was able to lift his shield in time to block the incoming attack and ended up doing some damage back to the enemy.

ID# 56591 results:

Battle: 4

MOB: 8

= -1 HP ronin, -14 HP wasp queen

<The Wasp Queen>

HP: 36/50

Ronin: 83/84 HP, 57/57 EN, 4 DMG, 27 MIT, 14 THRNS

Edited by Ronin

"Was this thing waiting on us?! Jeeeesus!" Jambi yelled as she noticed the buzzing noise headed their way. She hadn't really paid much attention to the information Ronin was giving her and Caspar earlier about the quest but judging by the size of this killer bee and the way her husband had tried to attack it.. she realized this huge flying insect must have something to do with it.

After Ronin took a hit from the bee.. Jambi could feel something crawl across her foot. "Are you [censored] kidding me!!" Jambi yelled flailing her feet around. The damn centipede had hitched a ride or something because here it was again. As she was busy trying to get the bastard off of her, she didn't realize the bee was headed straight for her.

"God damn ittt!!!!!" Jambi cried as she was knocked onto her @ss by the wasp. "Who makes insects like this in a damn game... what kinda sadistic m0+h3rfuc<er... bastard [censored] hole... erggggrr"

ID# 56665 results:

MOB: 9 = critical +1 DMG

MOB: -7HP

Jambi: -4HP

<The Wasp Queen>

HP: 29/50

Jambi:  28/32 HP,  8/8 EN, 6 DMG, 9 MIT, 7 THRNS

Jambi equipment: weary fortitude, lawless leggings, stinkfist

Edited by Jambi

Ronin saw Jambi get wiped out by the giant bee bitch once again and he grit his teeth.  Pushing himself back to his feet and brushing off his hands, he prepared to rush forth and engage this winged asshat once again, hoping this time he'd be able to do a little better job of injuring the creature.  "Hey [censored]!"  he barked, before pushing off and rushing toward the bee at full speed.  Unfortunately, his intentions were far greater than his mobility on this go round and he caught the toe of his boot on the ground, tripping himself up and face planting into a bed of flowers.  Multi-colored pedals rained through the air and the bee went buzzing past, making another charge toward Jambi.  "Damnit..." cringed the smoker, spitting grass from his mouth.

ID# 56686 results:

Battle: 2

MOB: 2

= -0 HP ronin, -0 HP wasp queen

<The Wasp Queen>

HP: 29/50

Ronin: 83/84 HP, 19/21 EN, 4 DMG, 40 MIT, 14 THRNS

Edited by Ronin

As she stumbled to her feet, Jambi's blood boiled with hatred. She hated killing living things but this was just a game and she had had enough of the insects today. She snatched up the little [censored] with a thousand legs crawling around her skates and held it between her thumb and index finger staring at what she believed to be the head of the creature. She wanted see the life drain out of it's eyes as she killed it. She slowly started to squeeze until the bug popped in half. A devilish smile crept upon Jambi's face seeing a tiny speck of what she hoped to be the centipede's blood on her finger.

"You next!" She screamed out loud. Jambi heard the buzzing coming again from behind her. She had her spear at the ready and when the bee was close enough.. Jambi turned around and held her weapon straight out causing the queen wasp to impale herself.

ID# 56687 results:

Battle: 5 +2BD = success [uses:Mighty Charge - 2x2 - (4 Energy)]

MOB: 3 = miss

MOB: -24HP Jambi:- 4EN

<The Wasp Queen>

HP: 5/50

Jambi:  28/32 HP,  4/8 EN, 6 DMG, 9 MIT, 7 THRNS

Jambi equipment: weary fortitude, lawless leggings, stinkfist

Edited by Jambi

The smoker couldn't believe his eyes as he watched Jambi skewer the giant bee on her spear.  He licked his lips, nodding his head in approval over her skills.  This wasn't the first time he had seen her battle prowess, nor her skills with that war spear he had crafted.  It was quite the pleasure watching her work her away around that long spear shaft and she knew how to use it well. 

Ronin pushed himself back to his feet, feeling discouraged, but knowing that he had to try and pitch in.  He couldn't leave all the work to her like that time with the Dark Elf...  "Alright... this time I won't miss!" He teethed, before racing forth and delivering the finishing blow to the bee.  As his blade cut through the creature's hide, it burst into bluish crystalline shards and a congratulatory message popped into view. 

"Damn, glad that's over with..." he sighed, turning his attention toward Jambi.  "Now then... whaddaya' say we make the mosta' this giant garden while we're here and take a lil stroll around?" 

ID# 56689 results:

Battle: 9=crit +1 dmg

MOB: 3

= -0 HP ronin, -5 HP wasp queen

<The Wasp Queen>

HP: 0/50 = dead

Ronin: 83/84 HP, 19/21 EN, 4 DMG, 40 MIT, 14 THRNS

Edited by Ronin

"Good work my love! And a stroll through the gardens sounds spectacular, but I swear if I see any insects.. I will bite their heads off. I have had enough of the damn things today." She said as she dusted off the big green monster. "I wonder where Caspar ran off to.. " She didn't see him anywhere and he didn't help out in battle either. "I could have sworn he was with us... Maybe he changed his mind about coming because he didn't want to be embarrassed or anything. I hope he doesn't feel too bad about not helping out much in our last beast battle."

"Yeah i dunno' what the hell happened to 'em," replied the smoker, arching his brow and looking 'round to see if he could spot his comrade Caspar lurking about anywhere.  He sighed, not spotting the man anywhere and shrugged his shoulders.  "ah well, let's just carry on and enjoy ourselves... maybe he'll turn up?  Probably just off messing around with his familiar... what was its name again.. Mars? 'er somethin..."  Ronin fired up a smoke, took a couple drags and then offered it toward Jambi, knowing his wife liked to partake from time to time.  "Man... just when I think I've seen it all... this game just keeps on surprising me..." he marveled, looking over all the beautiful flowers around them.

Jambi took the cigarette from Ronin gladly. After altercations with beasts or what have you, it was nice to have a good smoke down. As she exhaled her first drag she nodded towards him to thank him. Jambi looked around again, not spotting Caspar or his familiar. "Yeah it is pretty nice here, I often forget this is just a game, everything seems so real.. especially with you being here and all.. I'm glad we ran into each other by the way.. Wouldn't it have been crazy if we both got through this game and never realized the other was here? I wonder how different our paths would have been." Jambi handed the smoke back to Ronin and then gallivanted off, singing and skipping through the flowers.

The chain smoker took his smoke back into his hand and watched as Jambi began skipping and singing her way off into the multitude of natural colors and fragrances.  "Mmm... how right you are..." he breathed, his voice only loud enough to be heard by himself.  He had thought about it rather often, even in the real world; what it would be like if the two of them hadn't crossed paths.  In the real world it had been by such chance that they had finally found one another... and so too had it been in this game.  He sighed, feeling the weight of it.  Fortunately, they had found each other and now, they were here, together again.  He smiled and began strolling after her, glad they were together, and glad they were alive.

After venturing a ways out into the field, she decided to stop and wait for Ronin to catch up. She laid down and let the flowers envelop her body like a blanket.  The overwhelming floral scent was enough to make you high. She closed her eyes and felt the sun kissing her face. Jambi began thinking about the word real. She often considered this game a fake world and real life the real world. How funny to say this game is a fake world... Here I am. I am a real person with a real soul and a real mind and both of those real things are in this world I have considered fake. Yet here I am. How can this be fake then? This is a world. A real world, separate from the one I am used to living in.. but a world no doubt..  here I am now, living in this 'fake' world..? This world is anything but fake. 

The chainsmoker was walking along through the thick fields of flowers, scanning the area for his wife.  She had been right up ahead a moment ago, but he had lost sight of her and--

"OOPS!"

He spat, suddenly catching his foot on something and tripping.  As his eyes widened and shot downward, he spotted the girl he had been looking for laying there among the flowers.  Falling right on top of her, Ronin smirked and threw his arms around her in a hug.  "Found you!" he cried out, gripping her tightly and rolling over onto his back with her in his arms.  He squeezed her tightly and kissed her nose.  "Heya' babe."

Jambi laid there for awhile, lost in her thoughts. Moments later she felt a big ole boot run into one of her skates and a body crashing down on top of her. "hhhuuaaahhhh" she groaned, losing her breath from the impact. A huge teethy smile grew on her face when she opened her eyes and saw it was Ronin. "Hiiiiiii loveee!" she exclaimed as he flipped her over on top of him. "Man when was the last time I was on top of you like this haha." Jambi laid her head on one of his shoulder staring at his face. "I could lay like this all day."

"Oh I know ya' could... ya' BIG LOAF!" he sang, flashing his teeth in a wild grin.  He squeezed the girl tightly again, nearly flattening her against his own body.  As he did so, he whispered something.  "Squeeeeeze," he said ina' strange manner, closing his eyes and enjoying the feeling of his wife in his arms.  It was the greatest feeling in the world, just to close your eyes, breathe and hold her.  Ronin couldn't think about anything else, just the feeling of her and him, together, there in that moment.  It was bliss... it was peace... it was... getting, a little... hard... "Ahem...  Jambi...   I love you..."

As Jambi and Ronin were cuddling with each other, she couldn't get her thoughts about this place out of her head. She didn't know how to feel about this game anymore. "Rae... this world isn't a fake world... and honestly, I am really starting to like it here. Life is simpler here.. There are no genocides or massacres or wars.. for the most part, everyone helps each other out. I feel like people are nicer in here. And you're in here... I don't know if it is a bad thing but I am not in a hurry to get out of this game." Usually Jambi wouldn't have had this discussion with anyone else but Twist, but this was her husband.. if anyone knew Jambi, it was him. She knew he would understand and she really needed to talk about the subject. 

As Ronin inhaled and listened to what Jambi was saying, his expression suddenly turned serious and he grew quiet.  He sat up, distancing himself instantly from the woman and licking his lips.  His chin dipped slightly and he let out a heavy sigh.  His shoulders slouched and he lit up a cigarette, closing his eyes and taking a long drag at it.  Her words had cut him deep and he chewed at his lip.  Sure this place was great and yea... they could get used to it, being in here, enjoying it for what it was worth.  But no, Ronin couldn't agree... this wasn't the real world and as long as they were in here, they would never truly be free.  They had no choice right now but to make the most of it, but the chain smoker was hell bent on doing everything in his power to get stronger, reach the frontlines and clear this game as quickly as he could.  He was glad Jambi was here with him, but he wanted to get out and get her out and reunite with her... back in the real world.

"I'm... sorry...  but as soon as I'm strong enough, I'm heading to the front lines.  I'm going to beat this damn game.  I'm going to set us free."