[PP-F3] Grandmaster of the Spear <<THAS GM Thread>> (Mikael)

Looking out across the field of Dandelions, LAwfer thought back to the first time he had moved onto floor three. It had been quite sometime ago, but the memories continued to rush back to him like it was yesterday. This was the first place that he found real beauty in this virtual world, which brought him solace. The wind picked up and tossed the dandelion pedals back and forth, it was as if they were dancing all across the sky. Reaching out with his right hand, the aloof spear-man tried to grasp the stray petals but missed. "Guess I need to be quicker..." He commented, as he chuckled slightly. As he proceeded to lay down in the field, he looked up at the all encumbering blue sky. "This is way better than the dreaded feel of the higher floors."

"Ought to be careful about laying around out in the open there," stated the brunette as he sat down next to Lawfer. "Laughing Coffin is apparently real and we ought to be even more cautious when adventuring. Especially by ourselves." Shifting to a more relaxed seating position, he shifted his gaze to the sky and continued. "That aside, how is my favorite spearman? Has the booze been treating you well?," he inquired jokingly. Laying back, he suddenly felt a tad more at ease. This world is rather peaceful when you stop to smell the ros-well dandelions in this case.

As a shadow shifted over the blonde spearman, he turned his head to make out the silhouette of his new found friend DaMikael. Chuckling slightly, the man sat up while kicking his arms back to rest on them. "I'm not to worried about them..." He replied, having just heard about the betrayel of his comrade was a bit of a sore subject, but he still tried to seem unfased. "It's treating me as well can be expected, but overall im doing well... Unlike the rest of Aincrad that's almost become unhinged." He commented, while taking a brief moment to survey the area once more. "How's my little senpai..... I mean Kohai? Kohai right.... how's my little kohai doing?" He asked jokingly.

"About as well as a scrub like myself could do solo," responded the man as he twisted knots in the grass beside him. His gaze still met the sky, but his attention was focused on what Lawfer had said. "You seem very calm about it. Though if I heard correctly, one of the two players was the commandant of the KotB? Or Vice commandant? Or something like that. Rumor details get muddled up when you eavesdrop on people in taverns." Looking down at the little sanctuary of knots, he chuckled once more. "It's silly to think it but, this place is awfully serene. Gives me that nostalgia feeling ya know?"

Beginning to chuckle at Mikael's scrub comment, he was brought back to earth by his following question. 'I guess just about everyone has heard about now.' he thought to himself as he brushed back some of the stray strands of hair that had fallen forward. "Yeah... one of them was the Vice Commander, Opal..." He commented as he shook his head. "There isn't much information out about it now, I really dont know why she did it. But, I'll find out eventually when I see her next." He replied as he looked out past the field of Dandelions into the outline of the forest that was quite a ways off. "Nostalgic... That's a good way to put it... But more than anything. This place is actually my favorite spot in Aincrad." He replied as his gaze shifted back to the sky. "What brought a scrub like you to the Dandelion field?" he asked while chuckling.

"Aye. The news has spread like wildfire. As you stated, the details for the why aren't out yet nor is there any information on her whereabouts, but rest assured she has people out for her. You may want to be careful if you go to see her." Shifting his gaze to the blonde at the mention of the term scrub, the man laughed a bit before settling down back into the grassy dandelion fields. "I suppose like you, I came out here to reflect on recent happenings and myself. The very smith I saw not too long ago, the man that had gifted me this gear, was the other player who killed this morning. It's a shame really. I genuinely liked the guy."

"Yeah... Oikawa gifted me my Highwind as well, and also helped me clear a quest... So I was under the impression that he was a good man as well." He replied as he began reflecting back on the last quest that he shared with both Opal and Oikawa. OPal had been silent for the most part, but that was no indication of her being a killer, and Oikawa... he seemed like more than a decent person. Overall, the thoughts just added to the tangled mess that was the mans current state of mind. "It's really funny though, I had thought that Opal and I were close. I mean... We shared a lot of time together. I knew that she had seen some horrible things... But... To kill a man. I just didn't think she had it in her..." As the breeze picked up and scattered more of the white dandelion petals, he couldn't help but laugh. "Guess I'm not as good at reading people as I thought I was." 

"I see," concluded the brunette. Sitting up, he readjust his shirt before stretching out fully and laying into the grass. Finally situated, he spoke. "The thing about books Lawfer, no matter what the cover displays, or the excerpt on the back reads, you never know its contents until you've thoroughly read it through. We both happened to get duped by the same book it seems." Sighing, he watched the clouds overhead drift about. Slowly moving inch by inch across the sea of blue above. "And to be fair, I don't think anyone saw this coming." 

"Bahahahah." The spearman erupted as he looked over to his companion. "Well... I thoroughly examined that book on more than a few occasions, that's why I was taking it so hard. But thanks for that Mikael." The kohai had managed to shed some light on some much needed truth that he needed to hear. For the first time since he heard the news, he had a sincere, real smile. "But on a serious note, I'll find her eventually. There are only fifteen floors that she could be hiding in, and if anyone can find her... It would be me." Pausing for a moment, he raised his right hand, and browsed through his invenotry. Selecting a flask of scotch, it materialized in his hand. "Want first swig? Its water... Yeah... Water."

"Fair enough. Just be careful alright? We two handed assault spear users are few and far between hehe. It's be a shame if our population of players dwindled," chuckled the blonde as Lawfer retrieved something from the menu. Keeping a watchful eye on what he produced from the menu, he was rather surprised and relieved to see it was just a a flask with alcohol no doubt. Glancing at the lancer, he shook his head in a comedic no fashion. "Alcohol just isn't my drink of choice", he muttered as he rolled back over to face away from the dragoon.

Watching as the little spearman, turned away from him, the blonde popped the top of his flask and took a large pull from his alcoholic elixir. "Suit yourself big guy." He commented as he patted him on the back. "It's about the taste... You'll come around to it... And don't worry... I wont do anything reckless. I have the devil's luck when it comes to surviving." He jested as he took another swig and recalled his first close call with death, "Come to think of it, there was one time right after the Sword Arts upgrade that I took on a bit more then I could chew. I thought it was a good Idea to go after an Alpha wolf on floor 2 when I was still green. The thing left me with 3 hp.... If i hadn't had crit'd him on my last attack... You wouldn't be looking at me today." he finished as he let out a booming laugh. "Those were the times."

The rhythmic pats on his back caused the man to groan. "What are we children?", joked the brunette as his amber eyes darted about the fields. "But yeah it'd be a damn shame if she turned on you. As one of the few people I've cared to tolerate in this world, I'd hate to see you leave this realm via death. And that seems like an annoyingly lucky track record of almost dying hehe." Sitting up, the blonde suddenly had the oddest of thoughts. "How close are you to Grandmastering your spear? You seemed pretty damn fluid with it." His curiosity was odd given the past subject they were on but the attempt to lighten the mood as well as learn something new was just far too tempting.

"I like to think of us as over-sized children... I mean... We are stuck in a fantasy game." the dragoon responded as he took another drink of his flask. As the elixir hit his stomach, his cheeks began to turn a slight rosy red. "Oh i'm about 4 posts or so... three after this.... So I should be grand mastered in about an hour or two if i keep up this pace." He responded as he looked forward and smiled at the empty space in front of him. Shaking his head, his thoughts returned from past the forth wall. "But I should be able to finish up my spear after today." 

"3 posts?" questioned the brunette as he lifted his gaze to where Lawfer was staring. Not seeing who, or what he was talking to, he chalked up the confusing babble as a side effect of whatever the man was tipping down his throat via flask. Shaking his head, he spotted something just outside their normal detection range for enemies. "Well if you're going to Grandmaster it today, you might as well put it to use. You see that <Brutal Boar> over there?" he questioned pointing to the Mob. "Go kill it and show me how much you've mastered the spear. I wan't to see if it's worthwhile to be honest."

<Brutal Boar> 85/85 || D: 75 || M: 22

"Ok.. ok.. Little Kohai i'll go kill that boar for you." He said as he chuckled slightly as he took one final sip from flask before resealing it. As he tossed it over to Mikael, he jumped up from his seated position and raised his right hand. "You hold onto that for me while I handle this." He commented as he used his raised hand and equipped his Lancer gear set. Pushing off his back foot, he launched forward and began sprinting full speed at the boar. 

As he entered the beasts agro range, the Dragoon began to slow down. The hulking beast charged, side stepping quickly the azure eyed warrior smirked. "Gotcha..." He stated coyly as he watched the Boar rear hard and try to circle back. Taking advantage of the situation, the spearman began the premotion for <Divide>. When the beast completely turned back, its body was met with the devastating vertical strike of the Highwind, which both sank its health bar and stunned it.

"You taking those notes you like to take, Mikael?"

ID: 56419
BD: 4+3=7 = Hit
MD: 4

Lawfer: 116/116 l EN: 19/29 l SA Used: <Divide> -10EN = 11*1*7=  77DMG - 22 Mit= 55DMG + Stun

<Brutal Boar> 30/85 || D: 75 || M: 22

Edited by Lawfer

"I'm just gonna have to get used to you calling me kohai huh?" questioned Mikael as he he caught the flask and placed it in the grass beside him. Letting his amber orbs wander to the ensuing fight, he mentally took note of the dragoon's movements. His footing and spacing were all important aspects when regarding a weapon like an assault spear. Being able to manage that distance effectively is what set the best from the rest. Just as he was mulling it over, Lawfer called out to him about taking notes. Chuckling, the brunette responded, "Yeah yeah, I'm taking notes. Just stun the the thing and then poke it haha."

"Until I get bored of it." He replied with a slight chuckle. As he spun his Highwind in his right hand switching from the bident spearhead he had previously used to the serrated curved spearhead on the opposite tip of his spear. He had designed his spear in this fashion to ensure maximum effectiveness, but he didn't even realize how effective it could be. As he engaged the premotion for <Vent Forth> his spear began to glow silver and gold. As it released, three slashed followed, setting up the final thrust. IN an instant, he pierced through the snout of the boar and it shattered into small glowing polygons. Turning his attention back to Mikael, Lawfer laughed. "Stun... then poke... That's all you need for single enemies." He commented as his inventory lit up with col and a mat. 

ID: 56423
BD: 10 (MAJOR CIT)
MD: Stunned + Dead
LD: 18 +1Mat, +425 Col

Lawfer: 116/116 l EN: 12/29 l SA Used: <Vent Forth> -8 EN l 11*4*2=88DMG -22 = 66DMG

<Brutal Boar> 0/85 || D: 75 || M: 22

Edited by Lawfer

"If it's that easy then I have no reason to worry," beamed the spearman as he grabbed the dragoon's flask and tossed it to him. Looking around one last time, he chuckled. "Its crazy how we can spend so much time in our little subspace you know? Our own little serenity. The shame is, due to the nature of this world, sitting here and amusing ourselves with the tales of old won't particularly push us in the direction of the future. However, I do believe it provides great insight." Patting the grass from his frame, he looked to Lawfer. "On that note, I should get going man."

Edited by Mikael

"Nah... You'll be good as long as you play it smart." he replied as he reached out and caught the flying flask of delicious elixir. Without missing a beat, he popped the lid and took a nice long pull from the flask before resealing it. "Yeah... but we need breaks like this. I spent too much time out there in the far reaches of the wilderness to know that sometimes you just need a little break to recharge." He commented as he reached out and helped Mikael up from his seated position. "Sounds good be safe out there big guy." As he finished, he heard a 'ping' in his interface. Using his right hand, he scrolled to the message. 'You have unlocked T5 Two-Handed Spear Assault Spear Sword Arts.' "Looks like that little bit of EXP pushed me over the limit."

"Fair enough," mused the brunette as he materialized his spear and twirled it around before clicking it in place on his back. "The frontlines sound like a necessary evil. I appreciate the work you and the other's have done. I look forward to standing beside you guys in the near future." Holding his hand out, he would shake Lawfer's before heading off. "Don't get too cocky now that you have that mastered, I'm gunning for you...Senpai," chuckled the man as he entered the treeline heading away from the dandelion fields.