[SP-F1] The Wandering Alchemist <<Earning a Living>> [Complete]

Lost without a destination in mind, Rain wanders around the town of Beginnings looking for ways to gain levels. He eventually finds himself in a small ally where a small vendor has begun setting up shop. Rain catches the eyes of the the small vendor as he slowly walks towards the vendor. "Well hello there, adventurer!" The small vendor exclaims with a big smile on his face. "You look like someone who could use some col. How about going in the fields and finding me some materials so I can make potions? I'll pay you for your trouble, of course." Mumbling, Rain lets out soft, "Okay, where do I start?" The vendor then replies, still with a big smile on his face, "Just go out in the fields just outside these walls and collect flowers and other herbs." Rain slightly whispers, "Understood..." as he walks away from the vendor.

Edited by Rain

After some good time, Rain finally finds the exit of the town. He makes his way out of the exit, to find a beautiful lush grassland. This was the first time Rain ever been outside the Town of Beginnings. He keeps his guard up as he makes his way to a field filled with flowers. He goes up to the nearest one, which happens to be a white flower. 

ID# 56492

Loot: 1

Rain raises his sword ready to cut the flower from it's roots. As he swings down, he completely misses and ends up chopping the flower instead, ruining the flower. *material destroyed

"Damn... that was a good one too.." He says to himself.

Edited by Rain

Rain believes the quality of the material is also very important so he took his time looking around for another flower worth picking. After some time, he eventually finds a blood red and white colored flower. "Hmm this flower is beautiful. This could definitely make a good potion."

ID# 56494

Loot: 15

With a quick swing of his blade, Rain cuts through the stem perfectly preserving the material. "Yes! finally! Now for a couple more of these..."

+1 Material

Edited by Rain

After spending a good long 1 Hour of searching, Rain was close to cracking and giving up, He's looked left and right and just can't find anything worth while to collect."Man, what have I gotten myself into..." he thinks to himself as he continues to look for something an alchemist could use. He eventually stumbles upon a patch of mushrooms on the grassland shaped in a circle. those mushrooms look interesting. "An alchemist can definitely use those."

ID# 56495

Loot: 7

He gets closer to one mushroom ,and grabs and pulled it from the ground. As he looks at the mushroom to examine it, the mushroom broke into many pixels. "Wait, what?! What did I do wrong?" *material destroyed*

Edited by Rain

Rain rushes over to another mushroom, grabs and pulls it out of the ground with all his might. "Aha!" he yells out loud, praising himself.

ID# 56498

Loot: 8

As he prides himself of his victory over the mushrooms, he begins notice the mushroom cracking, then disappearing into countless pixels. "No!!! What am I doing wrong!" *material destroyed*

Edited by Rain

Rain then ponders on as to why he can't collect a single mushroom. Not one measly mushroom. They all seem to break in his hands almost as if I'm using too much force to pull it out of the ground. "That's it!" Rain realized that he's been trying too hard to pull it out of the ground. If he gently pulls it out he should be able to keep the material in tact. 

ID# 56500

Loot: 1

As a lightly tug at the mushrooms, the mushrooms slowly crack then break into multiple pixels. *material destroyed* "Nope, that did not work at all."

Edited by Rain

Clearly, nothing was going his way. After hours of frustration over mushrooms, Rain gives up. He takes a swing with his blade and with one slice, was able to cut the mushroom right off the ground.

ID# 56501

Loot: 13

"This was it! Why didn't I think of it before?!" Rain thought to himself as the mushroom goes flying into the air farther and farther away from Rain.
"Wait! Nooo!!!" He yells as he sees the mushroom hit the ground, far from his reaches, and break into thousands of pixels. *material destroyed*

Edited by Rain

After that incident, Rain gave up on picking mushrooms. After 4 attempts, with all 4 failing, Rain just walked away from the patch. It just wasn't meant to be.

ID# 56529

Loot: 3

After walking some time, Rain found his way to an entrance to a forest. "There should be a lot of herbs to be found here," he told himself. As he scans the entrance of the forest, He notices some mushrooms near a tree. He was skeptical at first on picking mushroom due to his past experiences, but he eventually gave in and tried to pick to mushrooms. He raised his blade and swung at the base of the mushroom hoping to cleanly cut the mushrooms. He of course failed and accidentally sliced up the mushrooms breaking it into dozens of pixels. "Huh.... I guess it's never meant to be." *material destroyed*

Edited by Rain

As Rain calms down from his trouble with mushrooms, he notices a slight twinkle in the corner of his eyes. He quickly looks at the direction and notices that there's a gleaming white flower right at the side of a tree. His first thought was not to even bother picking it up, he, of course, eventually gives in and tries to pick the flower.

ID# 56530

Loot: 17

Rain walks up the flowers and raises his blade ready to swing. With once slice, he cleanly cuts clean through the stems while keeping the flower in tact. "Finally!"

+1 Material

Edited by Rain

ID# 56531

Loot: 2

After finally collecting his second material, he inspects the entrance of the forest for more herbs to collect. He spots a mushroom connected to a trunk of a tree. In his mind, he wanted to stay away from the mushroom. He can never seem to collect a single mushroom, but Rain's greedy. He needs more materials. Rain heads towards the tree with his blade high in the air ready to swing. With a single swing, he cuts through the mushroom. Sadly, it wasn't clean enough. The mushroom breaks into multiple pixels. *material destroyed* "I knew I should've stayed away..."

Edited by Rain

"It's been a really long day... I should take a break," Rain told himself after after his last failed attempt at collecting. After 9 attempts, he's only succeeded twice. Man, it just wasn't his day. This should've been a piece of cake, but nope. Rain find a tree to lean against and sit right up against it. He takes a deep breathe taking in all the nature that surrounds him. "I wish this was the real world..." he says as he looks around him. He then opens up his inventory, picks out 1 bread and water, and begins to chow down on his meal. It's not much, but we all have to start somewhere. 

-1 bread | -1 water

Edited by Rain

After finishing his meal, Rain then stands up gleaming with energy. He was rejuvenated from his break. He was determined to collect at least one more material before going back to the vendor. Rain scours his immediate vicinity looking for something worthwhile to collect. In the corner of his eye, he spots a bright yellow flower lying next to a tree. Rain then raises his blade ready to cut the flower at the stem, as he crept closer to the flower. "Please let this be the last one.." He thought to himself as he came closer and closer to the flower. 

ID# 56588

Loot: 6

As Rain got closer and closer, he realizes that this was no flower at all. They were mushrooms. Overcome with rage, Rain starts slicing the mushrooms left and right until there was nothing left but pixels. *material destroyed* "Mushrooms.... why does it have to be mushrooms..." Rain wails out as he falls to his knees in disappointment.

Edited by Rain

As rain sits there grieving over his yet another failed attempt, a strong wind kicks in. With the wind, a faint sweet fragrant. His nose catches the smell and revitalizes him. "This could be it," he says as his face lights up with determination. He follows the scent to a fairly decent sized tree where there are small orange fruits hanged. Along with the fruits were some small white flowers which gave off a citrus scent. 

ID# 56589

Loot: 17

Rain takes a beep breathe and gets his blade ready to swing. "Let this be the last," he says as he swings his blade with all his might. With one swift swing, he slices the flower right off the branches keeping it in tact. With a bright smile on his face, he collects the flower of the ground. It's time to head back to the vendor.

+1 Material

Edited by Rain

After a long walk, Rain makes it back to the small alley where the vendor was. With a surprised smile on his face, the vendor welcomes Rain back. "Woah! Good to see you back in one piece, boy! I thought I lost you to those beasts out there in the wild. Ahahahahaha. Well come on in. Let's see what you've got." Rain follows him inside his shop. There were many bottles and vials all over the place. So this was an alchemist's store. Rain has never been in one.  Rain props up on the counter and opens his inventory to grab the materials out. "What's this?! You spent most of the day out there collecting and this is all you've got?!" With a face of shame, rain let's out a quiet, "sorry," as he looks down on the ground.

With a sigh, the vendor says, "It's okay, boy. There may be few materials here, but these be fine materials, they are," as he pats Rain's shoulder. "Say, would you be interesting in learning the art of alchemy?" The vendor whispers to Rain as he leans in closer. "I know you can be a fine alchemist, indeed, if you try your hand at it. You know how to choose which ingredients are good and which are bad. You've realized that quality is better than quantity in the world of alchemy. You can become a great alchemist one day, I just know it! So, what do you say?"

Rain was taken aback after being asked that question. "Become an alchemist?" he thought to himself. He's never thought of being an alchemist or what profession he was going to take up in this game at all. This game was still all new to him.

Edited by Rain

After giving it some thought, Rain decided to give it a try. He looks at the vendor in the eyes, "Okay, I'll give it a try. Where do I start?" With a smile on the vendor's face, "You've already done the hard part, let me show you how to change those materials into potions/crystals. First, you'll need need Alchemists tools." He goes into the backroom. After a few minutes he comes back out with a box. "Here, you can have these. these were my tools when I first started out." As Rain grabs the box, "Uh... thank you."

Edited by Rain

"I suggest you clean those first before using them. I haven't used those in so long." After washing the tools, Rain sets up the tools in the back of the shop. Right when he finishes cleaning and preparing the tools, the vendor comes waltzing in. "Perfect! You're ready! Let's get started." The vendor takes one material and places it in the mortar. "At first you'll need to grind the material down into a fine powder." Rain starts grinding down the material with the mortar and pestle. After a couple of seconds, the ground down powder start glowing a bright white light.

Edited by Rain

"Perfect, now take the powder, pour it in the cauldron, then add water. The material should still be glowing while in the cauldron. Now stir the cauldron for a bit, then pour the concoction in a container. Voila! A Potion." Rain follows the vendor's instructions to the dot.

ID# 56603

Craft: 7

Loot: 11

After a few minutes of stirring, rain empties the cauldron into a glass bottle. As the liquid set, the glow disappeared. The liquid was brown colored. It looked almost like sewer water. "What have you done, boy! The potions turned bad. Try again!"

Results
- No potions made

1 Material used | 2 Materials left

Edited by Rain

ID# 56605

Craft: 1

After taking a deep breathe and reflecting on how he did it last time, Rain tries again. He takes the material and start grinding it in the mortar. After some effort, the material starts to glow. He takes the material and puts it in the cauldron. He then starts stirring it. After a few minutes of stirring the cauldron start overflowing, then bubbling. After a few seconds, the material blows up. "What did you do?!" the vendor shouts furiously.

Results
-No Potions made

1 Materials used | 1 Material left

Edited by Rain

ID# 56607

Craft: 3

"I don't know what I did... I followed the same steps and it just blew up on me.." Rain tries to explain as he wipes the residue off his face. "Okay, let's try that again," the vendor reassures Rain. With the guidance of the vendor, Rain start working on his third batch of potions. His third try at making a potion. Rain begins to ground the material. Afterwards, pours the material into the cauldron and begins to stir. After stirring for a couple of minutes, he pours the material into a bottle. No problems what so ever. After a few seconds, the glow disappears and what's left is a dark colored liquid with smoke coming out of it. "Huh.... I guess you really have no talent for this.."

Results
-No Potions made

1Materials used | 0 Materials left

Edited by Rain