[PP-F1] <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> - COMPLETE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A small flurry of vines flew towards Miaki's body as he stood on top of the Little Nepent. Swinging hectically, Miaki tried to balance himself on the boss and kept from getting killed. He noticed that his parrying managed to counter and hurt the Little Nepent, bringing it down to one HP. He jumped from atop of the carnivorous plant boss and landed himself back on the ground. He took another glance at his health bar and saw it red line. More importantly though, he was away from the boss and about to finish it off!

Parties Current HP:

Miaki: 5/17

<>: 1/12

Miaki stood less than a meter away from the quest boss called <>. He was panting heavily from the multiple hard hits he took while entangled in it's vines. "It's time someone weeded you out!" He shouted, charging up for his final attack. He held his sword down toward the ground as it started glowing a bright silver. The <> boss roared loudly at him. Miaki held the charged blade in his right hand as the boss brought back all of it's vines, preparing to snuff Miaki out of existence, but it was too late. Miaki leaped forward performing a sword art combo attack he was still working hard to choreograph and perfect, it was called <>.

The vines shot down on Miaki as he started his attack. He slashed once at the boss and began his rotation counter-clockwise, upon performing the 360 degree spin, he slashed a second time this time in a downward slash; soon as he finished this he stopped his momentum, swinging rightward now, dealing a third and final blow killing it instantly.

The <> froze, emitting a final roar before it shattered like glass into an infinite number of fragments which started raining on him. A gigantic display text appeared above him reading 'CONGRATULATIONS!'. But Miaki just stood there completely limp and barely standing. His head was hung down and the edge of his blade laid in the earth. He did it! He defeated the <>! But all he cared about was that it was gone and he was breathing.

After about ten seconds of sweet silence, a small transparent display appeared in front of his face. It was the post battle data board. It showed him the monster's name and showed him how much exp he gained. Then he noticed the extra text underneath it. It read:

'BONUS ITEM: <>

SUCCESS!!!!! He got the bonus item! He somehow managed to find the energy to shout a loud cheer that echoed through the forest. Regaining his strength and watching his HP slowly start to restore, Miaki opened up his inventory and consumed a healing potion, increasing the HP regeneration rate. As the health bar steadily increased from the combination of the potion and being outside of combat, Miaki made his way back to the village.

------------------------------------------

Parties Current HP:

Miaki: 5/17

<>: 0/12 - Defeated

Miaki found his way back to the village and wasted no time in making his way to the hut where this quest all started. He entered the hut and the motherly NPC reacted to his presence. Miaki approached her and materialized the item she needed.

"I defeated the monster hidden in the forest. This should be what you need to make a cure to save your daughter and the rest of the villagers."

The NPC looked at him and started to cry, thanking him I between sobs. She took the item and went straight to making a cure. Miaki watched her use a basic alchemic set she had in the corner of the room. A minute later she took a small sickly colored potion and rushed to her daughter in the back room. Miaki heard he wet coughs of the little girl and thought about the times when he was that really sick. Before he knew it the coughing stopped and the mother emerged again.

"It worked! Thank you so much! I have to get this to the others as quickly as possible. But first I have a gift for you."

She went over the a mantle over a small fireplace and grabbed a sword that was displayed on there.

"This is called the <>. It used to belong to my grandfather, who protected this village before I was born. I think it is appropriate for you to have it now."

Miaki accepted the blade prompting the completion of the quest. A subtle fanfare was heard and a display appeared listing the COL and EXP gained from the quest, the <> was also listed on there.