[PP-F5] Frying pan <<The Traveler>> (Hirru)

The scorched sand of the desert was unbearable. If Husky could find the one person who was in charged of designing this place, he would punched that guy in the face, if he ever did. But with his personal archetype, trying his best to help everyone, Husky probably wouldn't. Trudging through the desert sand, Husky wondered what makes him to come here in the first place. Droplet of sweats rolled down from his forehead. Husky dragged his sore legs through the sand, looking for the broken caravan that the woman has talked about. The warrior tried his best to recall of the information given to him by the NPC woman.

Just few hours ago, Husky arrived at the fifth floor. He was looking for a few special material. The recipe book said that there's a special alcohol recipe which gave a good amount of boost to whoever consumed it, but it did require a rare tier material. He was on the hunt for the Cactus flowers, which only spawned in desert terrains. However, the moment he set his foot into the fifth floor, Husky was greeted with the sight of a sick women near the entrance of the Town. The NPC told him that while travelling through the desert, the caravan has broken down, and she wasn't strong enough to get it back to town. She asked a favor of him to come and retrieved the package within the Caravan for her. Husky can't say no to the request, especially from a sick person, even though he knew they were NPCs. With that, he set out on a hunt for the Caravan.

It wasn't very long ago that the hunter had made the fifth floor his home, for the time being.  The reason for it was for the development of his Search skill, which was needed by his guild mates more than ever.  The fifth floor was known as a treasure trove of ruins and lost artifacts, that one could easily gain from simply walking out into the dangerous sands.  People from the lower floors come to the fifth seeking many things that would further their goals.  Some desire wealth and materials for their constantly growing business, while others seek more powerful weaponry to supplement their journey to the front lines.  Though, there are others with more insane ambitions.

Unfortunately, the fifth floor had a rather harmful mechanic where the heat from overbearing environment would cause lower leveled characters to start losing health rather quickly.  It was soon discovered that there was a quest to gain a very special skill; one that could stop environmental damage from happening.  Once found, many higher level players urge visitors to the fifth floor to complete this quest before anything else on the floor.  The gains justified the means.

This was where the hunter found himself.  As he was coming back from a recent hunt into the scorching desert.  Behind him was his own personal caravan, one that not many people have seen or heard of, being the only one with a mobile shop.  It was a single wagon for now, but he wanted to expand on it for more merchandise, or so the NPC Merchant tells him.  Speaking of, the robed man who made the majority of the sales for the shop was sitting in the drivers seat holding the reins to something that could not be seen.

While coming back, the jade haired hunter spied someone in the desert alone.  While usually this wouldn't be much of a problem, as he figured that everyone came to this floor could handle themselves, his eyes found something else.  Sweat..  This person must have come from the lower floors, as they had not taken the Traveler quest yet.  Without further delay, the hunter intercepted the individual before they could get any further.

"Ahoy there!"

The hunter would shout out to them before getting too close. 

Husky hear a voice from one of the hills above him. Looked up toward the direction of the voice, he shield his eyes from the sun. At first, he could only see a dark figure with a large caravan closely behind. It took a while for his eyes to adjust, but once he finally did, he could finally saw the green haired stranger. His indicator on top of the stranger's head told him that he's not a PKer, so Husky could drop his guard down a little, but even so, he still had to be on guard. Any mistake could be his last.

"Hello !" He greeted back, waving his hand. As the man slowly made his way up the hill, he could get a better view of the stranger. The jaded emerald hair is what caught his attention the most, as well as the white and red tells Husky that the stranger is one of the Knight of Blood, so that gave him more relief, knowing a knights of blood wont do anything rash and start killing people for fun. Husky also notice a wagon filled with materials and goods. That's mean whoever the stranger is, he's a merchant, but that was the first one Husky have ever seen a portable shop. Maybe it's a hidden mechanic of the game he haven't heard of, or the guide book failed to mention.

The hunter was slightly relieved to find that this man was capable of proper greeting, especially in his current state.  

"Are you in need of assistance?"

Taking a few steps forward, to get a better look at the traveler, the jade haired individual seemed to be slightly confused about a certain aspect of this man.  Not much caring for his appearance, as anyone could be stronger or more agile than their appearance would give.  He instead would wonder upon the equipment of the person before him.  Heavy armor seemed to pervade his entirety with nothing to call upon as a weapon.  He only knew one other person that would ever lean towards such a combination.  Leaving that questioning session aside, the hunter would check his surroundings before asking ahead.

"The desert is a dangerous place alone, especially if you don't have the right skill."

The man would have been able to notice at this distance that the hunter was not sweating from the intense heat of the desert.  Possibly from the skill that he was talking about.

"If you would like, I will accompany you to your destination.  I've already completed my hunt for the day, and have nothing else, for now."

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, Husky noticed that Hirru did not had a single drop of sweat. At first, husky thought the stranger was just someone who was used to this heat, but then again, there's something more to it. "Well, yeah. There was a quest given by an NPC in town, where she asked for a cargo lost in the middle of the desert. I have been searching for a while, and there was still no sign of it. Do you by chance know where it is exactly?" Husky asked, hoping that the stranger would know the way.

He could see the watchful eyes of the Stranger merchant eyeing upon him. Husky didn't mind. He was more interested in the mobile shop of the guy. "Also, mind if I ask. How do you acquire a mobile shop like that? I didn't remember the guide book said anything of it, or have seen one either." He asked in interest. Maybe he could open some small business on holidays using that same trick.

ID: 58418

CD: 9

Edited by Husky

The hunter would nod towards the man before him, before speaking aloud.

"I see that you're taking the Traveler's quest.  Good to hear!"

He said as he opened his menu to check his map.  The fifth floor was a large area that mostly comprised of the large desert that they were currently wandering in.  The rest of the floor was mostly small towns and mountain ranges that covered the outer reaches of the floor.  The last distinct landscape was labyrinth of the fifth floor that was forever shrouded by a sand storm.

"It's mostly in one of three places, but each on is an oasis.  It's not that hard to miss."

While pointing at certain spots, the wagon itself began to turn about by itself, though if they were close enough people would see the tracks of something large that would appear in the sand.   The robed individual would nod a confirmation to the hunter.  This would pique his acquaintance's interest, as he had not seen any mobile shops before.  The hunter would grin slightly before closing the distance to the man.

"To be honest, it's not mine.  I'm just a bodyguard that has pretty good talent.  The actual shop is the NPC Merchant's, which I helped in a random quest some time ago.  He taught me how to appraise items, and I protect the caravan.  We travel together so where he goes, I go; and vice versa."

The hunter looked towards the man and reached out with his unarmored hand.

"My name is Hirru, by the way.  Mind, if I get yours?"

Husky paid special attention toward the map when Hirru brought it up and show husky the location, especially at the details of where the cargo is. "Alright. Shall we head toward the location? He asked, as he followed Hirru and his caravan toward the first oasis where the cargo might be located. "Oh.... My appology. My name is Husky. Pleasure to meet you, Hirru." Husky replied, properly introduced himself.

The two continued to walk for a few moments. Husky using the shade from the caravan to his advantage to hide from the raging sun. Hearing Hirru story, Husky was surprised at the amount of people who interacted with NPCs in AinCrad, it certainly wasn't the first time he have heard of players having NPCs as friends. Nonetheless, he was very delighted to hear that the NPCs was actually treated like real people.

ID: 58443

CD: 10

Edited by Husky
  • 2 weeks later...

Walking along side the caravan they seemed to be following a non-existing trail, as the wagon would follow awkward paths through the desert.  Mostly around dunes that could be passable, and through ones that shouldn't ever be traversed with a wagon.  There would be a number of times that the wheels would sink into the sands, and the footprints of whatever was pulling the caravan would become deeper as they go; trying its hardest to pull the cart along.  The hunter began to realize how the Merchant got lost on the fifth floor when he found him.

Taking his mind off of that, the hunter looked on to the one named Husky.  Again, bewilderment came to him when he noticed that he was still unarmed except for his armor.  Most people don't go out without their weapon unless they're training their Martial Arts, but this one had not even completed the Traveler quest.  Was he like Grave?  The hunter had to ask.

"So do you usually wander mob infested areas without a weapon, or are you a fist fighter?"

Husky had just hope that the caravan driver know where he was going. Hirru has given the instruction to him that they will be heading toward one of the oasis in the desert, but doing so will probably take some time, not to mention the risk of losing the way and fell astray from the designated path. The brunette was startled by Hirru's sudden question. "Oh, that... Yes, I fight with my bare hands. Couldn't bring myself to the ideas of carrying weapons." Husky explained, smiling at Hirru. He wondered if there are a lot of people like him who used Martial Art as their main damage source. It would've seemed to be unlikely that there're a lot out there, since using punches and kicks means you have to get in close and personal to deal damage, and that might seemed very unsafe to a few. However, it has always been Husky preferred way to approach troubles.

While walking around and about, Husky felt something weird. It has been a while since he had encounter a monster, even when the barren desert hid nothing away from their view. He have had a grave feeling that something would go wrong very fast.

ID: 59189

CD: 4

Edited by Husky

The hunter nodded in agreement to the response that Husky gave.  Taking the minimum amount of equipment with you was a keen insight, but also foolish as one could not be certain of the dangers of this world without being prepared.  Thankfully, the Trinket of Holding, or "the menu" as people called it, gave plenty of leeway for the owner to carry as much as he needed, but not holding too much.

"It is true that a weapon can be cumbersome at times, but.."

The caravan slowed down to a crawl.  Something wasn't right, and Reveal wasn't showing anything out of range.  It was then that something burst forth from the sands.  

"..I'd rather be prepared."

Several Scorpions arose from the scorching sea of sediment, and ambushed them.  The hunter rushed forwards to keep them off of the caravan.  They immediately went at him with their pincers and stinging tails, but that's exactly what the hunter wanted.  Fury's thorns damaged the scorpions before he jumped into the air, performing a flip as Solace began glowing, and planted his blade between all of them.  At that moment, an explosion of energy burst forth and obliterated the rest of the health for each scorpion.  Every one of them disintegrated into the iconic light crystals of the dead.

"Keep your guard up!  There are always more!"

Scorpions
HP: 56
DMG: 28
MIT: 14

Spoiler

[ID: 59218]
[MD: 7-1] Hit (28-25 mit= 3x4 = 12 dmg)  (Thorns 14 dmg to scorpions)
[CD: 5] No Regen
[BD: 9+2] Crit +1
[Sword Art: Lightning Fall] 1x7x9= 63-14 mit = 49 dmg
[LD: 11+3] Col Bonus = 1120 Col (56x5x4)

Hirru - [100 / 112 hp ~ 14 / 28 en] (-12 hp / -14 en)
Husky - [40 / 40 hp ~ 10 / 10 en]

Scorpion - [0 / 56 hp] (-14 hp / -49 hp) [+1 Mat]
Scorpion - [0 / 56 hp] (-14 hp / -49 hp) [+1 Mat]

Total Treasure
4 Mats
1120 Col

[Spawn more if you would like.  It'll make the thread go faster.  They'll all use the same stats as above, since I'm here. xp]

Edited by Hirru

Travelling with Hirru, Husky kept himself close under the shade of the Caravan. He was listening carefully to Hirru talking, but the conversation was interrupted by a horde of large scorpion emerging from the ground beneath. Husky was ready to run in and attack, but Hirru has already one step ahead. The man of Green hair get off from his caravan and charged toward the four Scorpion, and with a few stroke of his sword, the warrior ended all of them. 

"Well, that's escalated quickly." Husky sighed, realaxed his muscle and waited for Hirru to return. Once hear Hirru's warning, Husky only chuckled. "With you travelling with me... What else do I afraid of? Heheh." Husky joked. However, it's not wrong what he had said. Hirru seemed very strong, and Husky isn't the easiest apple to bite, so even if they are surprised, both can be sure to stay alive in one piece.

ID: 59388

CD: 10

Edited by Husky

Keeping his sword at the ready, the hunter kept his focus towards anything that would come up.  For some time, there was nothing, and even more so after.  Finally, the caravan driver hiked at the reins, and the wagon began to start off again.  With the restarting of the journey, the hunter motioned for Husky to continue with the caravan.  With Solace still in his dominant hand, he constantly surveyed the area as they walked on.  Every so often, he would pull out his menu to check the map, to see that they were still on course.

"Anyway, I asked that because a friend of mine is also a Martial Arts user.  In fact, he's the only Grandmaster." 

The hunter would continue the conversation before the enemy had interrupted them.  In doing so, he also sliced into a cactus while passing by, but got nothing out of it.  He would shrug, as the hunt is never so fruitful.

[ID: 59636]
[LD: 8+3] Nothing

Total Treasure
4 Mats
1120 Col

Edited by Hirru

"That's neat. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who choose this path." Husky laughed. He didn't know who this person Hirru was talking about, but surely, If Husky were to ever meet this man, he'll have to ask the guy out for a drink, that is if he's old enough to drink heavy stuff. Strictly following along the caravan, Husky quietly whistled. The trip was boring, and the wind of the desert is picking up. He's just glad that Hirru was here to accompanied him, or else the brunette would've died of boredom long ago. 

Reached the first oasis after a long moment of walking, both doesn't seemed to see the broken wagon and the package anywhere, even with their height advantage over the hills. "Rotten luck." Husky sighed, wiping off the sweat on his forehead. The sun is still at the peek, raging down upon the two traveler. In this time, Husky can only dream of something cold to drink, like a beer, or some good lemonade. "Well, I suppose we should still check out the other two location. It should be near either of the two other oasis, like you said." The man spoken, opened the map from his menu and pointed toward the one closer to them, setting a wavepoint.

ID: 59690

CD: 2

Edited by Husky

It wasn't too long until they finally happened upon the first of the locations that the lost caravan would be in.  Unfortunately, from a lengthy search, there didn't seem to be anything here that would remotely show that the caravan was here.  Nor was there any lost cargo to find here, so their hunt would have to continue on to the next oasis.  Thankfully, this one was much closer than the other one.  The hunter pinged it on his map, and the wagon lurched forward into that direction.

"There's no time to waste.  We will need to find it soon, as this quest has a time limit."

• 2 weeks later...

Husky didn't know anything about the hidden timer on the quest, especially when the quest didn't mention about it, nor does he was informed by the quest giver. Nonetheless, Husky have his faith on the veteran player. There's no reason for him to lie about the quest, and Husky wanted to get out of this blazing sun just as much as he did. Nodded with contempt. Husky followed the caravan closely as it change direction and head toward the next location

Husky's foot dug deep into the hot sand. Each step left behind a small trail, which was quickly covered back as she sand continued to shift. The dry breezes of the desert passed by briskly. It somewhat helped Husky to cool down when he continued on walking on the blazing trail toward the next oasis, however the sands that was carried by these hot breezes felt irritated to the skin. The brunette warrior had managed to covered his eyes and face from the sand as they walk. The field was relatively empty at the moment, which not much monsters blocking their path. Some could be spot far in the distance, which wouldn't worth the stamina and time running after. 

ID: 61513

CD: 2

It didn't take very long to get to the next oasis as it was relatively close to the first one.  The caravan stopped outside the perimeter of the greenery that encompassed the small land locked pool of water.  With a quick search with his Reveal modification, the hunter could tell immediately that this place wasn't the one that held the cargo for the quest.  He gritted his teeth to find that there wasn't anything else hidden under the sands, either.  Yet another search going to bust.

"Well, it's not here.  That leaves the last one to search.  It'll definitely be there."

The hunter said as he messed around in his menu again to maneuver the wagon on a new course towards the last oasis.

[ID: 61519]
[LD: 1] Nothing

Edited by Hirru
  • 2 weeks later...

Husky was slightly disappointed when they arrived at the second oasis of the three. Still, not a sign of where the lost cargo is. "Darn it. If I have to spend another hour searching for this thing, I might really go mad." Husky thought as he sigh, shaking his head and wiping off the sweat on his forehead. The wind is slowing down now, and the sun has shifted somewhat, stopped directly raging down upon both of them from above. As Hirru commanded, Husky only nodded. He didn't want to have to reset the progress, since if they failed to search for the quest in time, they'll fail and have to start this whole arduous search all over again, or at least he have to. 

Walking under the shade of the caravan, his foot dug deep under the shifting sand, as the hill itself covered their foot track. Half an hour of walking felt like an eternal, but finally, they make it. The last oasis. Squinted his eyes and looked toward the place, Husky notice a large box near the place. That's it. That's the cargo the woman talk about. "Finally." Husky cried out, sliding down the sandy hill and walk toward the cargo, ready to bring it home.

ID: 62051

CD: 7

Edited by Husky