[OP-F1] Mystery Box

OOC: I have another bunch of items to give away. Be sure to check the spoiler for a list of everything. When you take something you MUST note in an OOC at the top of your post what you're taking. No one over Level 10 may take anything from the Mystery Box. Items are first come, first served.

Mystery Box Contents:

Spoiler

Silver Dagger: +1 DMG
Silver One Hand Straight Sword: +1 DMG
Silver Cutlass (1 Hand Curved Sword): +1 DMG
Thornbush (Shield): +7 Thorns
Superior Chainmail (Heavy Armor): +9 Mit
Heart of the Forest (1 Hand Axe): +2 DMG, +1 ACC
Rhino Hide (Heavy Armor): +18 Mit, +1 Heavy Momentum
Bramble Patch (Shield): +14 Thorns

There was a flash of light and a gigantic red-bearded Vice Commander of the Knights of the Blood Oath appeared in the Portal Plaza of the Town of Beginnings. A second later a furry brown streak raced past him, leaped the handful of steps and landed splay-legged on the ground. With a bellow, the grizzly cub raced around the area, moving from player to player and, quite clearly, begging for food. Mack ignored the creature's antics and, instead, moved to the center of the plaza area. Swiping the air in front of him, he pulled up his player menu and, a second later, a giant wooden crate filled to bursting with weapons and armor appeared on the ground at his feet. Affixed to the crate was a note declaring that the Mystery Box was open for any low-level player that needed to upgrade their gear.

OOC: Taking Rhino Hide, Heart of the Forest, and Bramble Patch.

Having finally come to a conclusion for what the best course of action was Yamato was seated on a bench in the Portal Plaza and pondering what the best course of action would be concerning which quests he should tackle first. Of course, the book was already out on a number of the quests, so what really mattered was finding the ones he was best suited for and then tackling them one at a time until they were completed. The only problem, as he saw it, was that he was still clad in his drab olive green beginner's clothing, complete with the beginner's weapon and no shield. As he was thinking over the best way to go about upgrading his gear a colossal man appeared in the Portal Plaza of the Town of Beginnings. Within a few moments a box of gear had been produced and it was placed on the ground.

"That's handy," the Irishman muttered to himself in a thick accent, not really speaking to anyone in particular. Rising from his seat on the bench Yamato, who despite his name was clearly not Japanese, made his way quickly over to the crate and read the message about a mystery box before shrugging his shoulders. Free gear. That was definitely a benefit, and here he'd thought he'd have to pay for it. Poking through the items, the man quickly extracted the best axe, armor, and shield he could find. Nodding his head once in thanks to his benefactor, the Irishman equipped the items and made his way back to his perch to both watch the box and settle on which quests he should tackle first.

Edited by Yamato

OCC: huh... ^ he pretty much took all the perfects.. greedy greedy tsk tsk. :p Taking the Silver One Hand Straight Sword [+1 DMG], and Thornbush (Shield): [+7 Thorns]

Leon was still wandering the 1st Floor. He really hasn't gone anywhere or really hasn't started doing anything. He just wanted to explore. With that said, he roamed the town of beginnings until he happened to come upon a large red-bearded man. He stood in the middle of the plaza and fiddled around with his HUD menu. Suddenly a large crate appeared suddenly next to him. On the crate, it said Mystery Box for low levels.

Intrigued by this gigantic man and this bow, Leon quickly made his way towards him. As he got closer, his eyes quickly caught a glimpse of a straight sword. "Oooh a straight sword! Can I have this?" Leon questioned. As he looks around the box some more, he quickly realizes That this box is free stuff. Leon rummaged through the box some more. He then finds a small shield. With a slight grin on his face, "Can I get this one too? Thanks a bunch!" After grabbing the two items he wanted, he equipped the gear and walked off to wander the town some more. Perhaps even go out and quest.

Edited by Croft

OCC: Will Not be taking anything, just for RP purpose

Khrysaor was enjoying a nice relaxing day, he just came through the teleportation portal and onto the first floor's Town of Beginnings. He came from his shop, and was hoping to take a nap and maybe watch the clouds for a bit at his favorite spot. When he stepped off the portal's platform, Khrysaor noticed a large man was setting up something right in the center of the plaza. Curiosity seemed to get the better and he decided to stick around for a bit to observe. Khrysaor went and sat down beside a fountain of water. After the bug man was done, the only thing he could see was a large crate with a sign displayed on the front. He was a bit too far to see what the sign said. Khrysaor thought the player must be giving away a few items to others, and he saw two players who went up to the crate and equipped some of the stuff. When Khrysaor looked at their equipped items he thought they were of good quality. 'Maybe I should have a look at the items there may be a good shield in there that I could use. I do need one anyways, and while I am at it I can also, check out if there are any better quality swords, or armor in there' thought Khrysaor.

Khrysaor decided to check it out, and he walked towards the crate. He read the sign which said, "MYSTERY BOX. Open for low level players, needing a little upgrade". As he got there, he said, "Hello, how are you?" to the giant man. Khrysaor went digging through the box, but could not find any shields and no good quality curved sword or armor, that he could replace his old ones with. With a sigh, he stopped searching and thought it may be best to get to know the big man who opened up shop.

OOC: More added to the Mystery Box. When we get to the required number of posts I'll close this thread, craft for a bit, and then open another Mystery Box thread.

MYSTERY BOX CONTENTS:

Spoiler

Silver Dagger: +1 DMG
Silver Cutlass (1 Hand Curved Sword): +1 DMG
Silver Pu Dao (1 Hand Spear): +1 DMG
Thornbush (Shield): +7 Thorns
Superior Chainmail (Heavy Armor): +9 Mit

"Take whatever items you need from the box, this is charity from the Knights of the Blood Oath," Mack rumbled watching as a handful of low level players approached the Mystery Box somewhat tentatively and began inspecting its contents. "If the players still stuck here in the Town of Beginnings are ever going to get to where they can help the front liners, like myself and many of the Knights, then they must be better equipped to survive the difficulties of the lower floors so they can level up and join us," the blacksmith continued, watching as Croft secured a few items and then scurried away. "As for me, I'm fine... and yourself?"

OOC: Nevermind, with the new stuff in I will plan on taking the Thornbush shield (+7 Thorns).

"Ahh, you are part of the Knights of Blood Oath guild? Is it a good guild? I was planning on joining a guild as well, and already have one planned." said Khrysaor. Khrysaor noticed Mack start to place more items into the box, renewing its stores. A shield caught Khrysaor's attention and it looked to be well made, and asked, "Can I have a look at that, I am in need of a shield." Khrysaor nodded his head, and knew this was what he was looking for and accepted it. Khrysaor turned back to the big fellow and said, "Yeah, I know what you mean, I want to get to the front lines as quick as possible and help out. I know this shield will surely help me along. Got any tips for a newbie. Oh, I forgot to tell you, my name is Khrysaor, what's yours?" As Khrysaor was waiting for a response, he went to his menu and equipped the shield and had another good look at it.

[OOC: I will be taking the Silver Cutlass (One-Handed Curved Sword) +1 DMG] 

Bhairyuu had been wandering around the plaza and the nearby streets in the Town of Beginnings when, out of the corner of his eye, he spotted a figure standing in the middle of the plaza with something at his feet. Intrigued by this mysterious new figure, he turned his gaze upon towards the figure. As he took a closer look at the figure, he found that the mysterious figure was a man who had fiery red hair and beard and who seemed like a giant even from that distance. Bhairyuu then looked towards the man's feet and saw that he had some sort of a crate with a bunch of objects inside it. As his curiosity was piqued even more, he decided to see what's up with the man and walked towards him. As he neared him, he removed his Chinese hat which he was using to shield himself from the bright sunlight and then called out to the man in his baritone but melodious voice 

"Hello there, mister. How do you do?" 

He said and then stopped before the man with a polite smile on his face since something told him that being cordial was the best option with this man, especially considering that he could see the man's crate was full of interesting weapons and armor with a note stuck to it which welcomed any low level players to grab whatever they liked from it. He spoke again after a few minutes

"My name is Bhairyuu and it's nice to meet you, sir. I saw that you were giving away free stuff for any low level players and since I have just started out here in SAO, I thought I would try my luck to see if I could grab a weapon, specifically a One-Handed Curved Sword type weapon."

As he said this, he shot a quick glance at the various weapons in the crate and his discerning eye caught sight of a beautifully made Silver Cutlass which, thankfully was exactly what he was looking for, a One-Handed Curved Sword type weapon. He pointed at it and then looked back at the man, saying

"This one seems good, so if no one has claimed it already, I would like to take this Silver Cutlass for myself, if you don't mind, of course." 

Saying thus, he took the Silver Cutlass in his hands and waited for the man to either accept or reject his request for his desired weapon.

Edited by Bhairyuu

While Khrysaor was waiting for a response from the giant-like man. Another player decided to show up at the stand. Khrysaor instantly recognized him. Anybody who had a talked with him would be able to tell from hearing his distinct voice. Another and most glaring recognizable feature was the way the figure dressed. With his Japanese/Egyptian mixed attire. Khrysaor already met him at the teleportation gates. He noticed that, 'I think it was... Bhairyuu.' picking out a one-handed curved sword from the box and asking the owner of the stand if he could take it.

He decided to talk to Bhairyuu and tried to get to know him a bit better. Khrysaor walked up to Bhairyuu from behind and said, "Oh hey, it's you again...Bhairyuu...was it? Fancy meeting you here! What you been up to since I last saw, you?"

As Bhairyuu stood awaiting the big man's reply to his request, he heard a familiar voice and so he turned his head in that direction. Upon doing so, he noticed a fellow player who he had met sometime earlier, but with a large group of other players around. Since he recognized the player as well, he spoke in reply with that same cordial smile on his face

"Oh hey...Khrysaor...was it? Fancy meeting you here as well, my friend. I have just been exploring this town to see what it has in the way of intriguing spots...I have been paying attention to and making a mental  note of the exact locations of all the shops I have encountered thus far since I will most probably be needing them soon...but enough about me, what about you? What have you been up to since last we met?...besides grabbing that shiny new shield you've got in your hands, I mean."

He said and finished with a slight smirk on his face as his eyes briefly rested on the shield Khrysaor had apparently picked up from the same crate. After that, while he waited for Khrysaor to reply back, Bhairyuu turned his attention back to the big man before him who was offering up the weapons and armor and resumed waiting for his reply.

Edited by Bhairyuu