[F2-PP] Boulder Bulldoze! <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> (Grave)

Khrysaor teleported into Urbus on floor 2. He looked around at all the medieval styled housing, and the mountains that surround the small town in awe. He could never get tired of the beauty and detail put into making the landscape and settlements of the floors. He had to hand it to him, Kayaba was truly a genius. Khrysaor stopped thinking and started to head out to the quest board to look for his second quest. He already heard rumors that there was this easy, but time-consuming quest. 'It had something to do with a boulder, but the pay-out for the quest was supposed to be good. Ahh, this must be it...' thought Khrysaor. He took down one of the posting and briefly skimmed through the details. Before, going any further into the information Khrysaor wanted to go relax somewhere, so he found a spot under the tree, and laid down on the grass watching the clouds for a moment. Khrysaor was thinking, 'Man, the quest sounds like such a drag.'

Sluuuuuuurp

"Ahh..." I sighed as I relaxed in my rickety seat, enjoying the somewhat tropical-tasting juice before me. I had not enjoyed a normal drink for a while... then again, I rarely actually had time to relax, since the KoB was always up my rear end about keeping out and about on guild duty. Finally I could just chill out, lay back, maybe go see the old Hermit that gave the <<Breaking the Unbreakable>> quest... yeah, it was days like these that I just loved.

I thumped a fist against my chest to push any air bubbles from my beverage up, and let loose a small burp, covering it with my other fist. "Excuse me..." I muttered to no one in particular, before turning around and striding towards the exit, leaving my glass on the table. "Right... the Hermit ought to want to see me by now. I do not think I have actually told him about my Grandmastery yet..." I groaned as I rubbed the back of my neck, leaving the dark, medieval-looking town. Not far from the edge sat a small tree with a figure laying below it, seemingly just enjoying the calm day just like I was. But... at the same time he looked like he was in need of company. So, being the curious guy I was, I strolled up to the male and peered down at him. "Just relaxing, I take it?" I asked with a grin, before I noticed a notice in his grasp, reminiscent of the many other quest posters. "That a quest you have there?" I asked further, wondering if maybe he would like a companion.

After, taking a little of his time to enjoy the sun, Khrysaor started to peruse the parchment more carefully. Reading everything through, and he thought, 'Ok, now I get it, I have to beat a boulder with my bare hands, till the HP drops to 0 and breaks apart. I will have to meet up with a NPC, before I can have a shot at the boulder. Hmm, very easy task but is a time consuming task, unless I get some help from someone.' Khrysaor knew it would be best to wait up at the quest board and wait for someone there, or he could try PMing someone he knew.

Before, he could get up though, Khrysaor noticed a figure coming out of a stone shop and heading towards him. Khrysaor decided to wait for the player to come up to him before he did anything. When the stranger did come up to him he asked him about the quest notice. Khrysaor was thinking this may be his best chance in getting someone's help in the quest, so he replied, "Yea, decided to rest up for a bit before heading out to do the quest. It is the Breaking the Unbreakable one, and I was wondering if you are not too busy would you mind helping me crumble a boulder to dust."

• 3 weeks later...

I chuckled when the player mentioned that he was tackling <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>, a wide smile spreading across my lips. "It is your lucky day, my friend; I am the only <<Martial Arts>> Grandmaster in all of Aincrad. I can turn the boulder to dust in no time." I boasted, cracking my knuckles in front of me. "I am never too busy to help someone out with the quest; I have helped about six people with it, because of my massive unarmed damage output. Stick with me and we will have the quest finished in no time." I explained with a cocky grin, extending a crimson wrapped hand to the player to help him up and greet him. "The name is Grave, pleasure to meet you."

'He seems to be an interesting player. I think I would like to get to know this person, and if what he boasts about is true. I might be able to gain a strong ally and maybe friend out of the quest as well. What did he say his name was.... oh yea Grave.' thought Khrysaor. As khrysaor took Graves hand to stand up, he said, "Thanks for the the help man. I owe you one. I thought I would be working on taking the boulder down all day. It truly is a godsend that you showed up when you did now things will move faster than expected." When Khrysaor was standing, he started to dust himself off and look around to see if there may be any other players he could ask for assistance. When he could find no one within eyesight, he turned back to Grave and said, "So, what were you planning on doing on the floor. Hey, since you have done this quest quite a few times and helped out some of the others, you will know where this quest should be taking place. Can you lead me there?"

The way the player praised me for coming around at the perfect time permanently glued a wide, confident grin to my lips. "Hey, do not sweat it, I am happy I came around when I did. You do not owe me anything." I told him, trying to act humble... which was honestly extremely difficult. "We are going to tear through that boulder, you got that?" I reassured him with my wide, friendly grin. "I was just relaxing, and was in fact just going to talk to the NPC for the quest. I uh... have become quite acquainted with him from all the times I have taken the quest. And of course I can get there, I practically live there... half the time, at least. The other half is spent sleeping behind my shop's counter." I jested, striding off towards the Hermit. "Come along now!"

Khrysaor was having a hard time keeping himself from laughing, but by the end of the player's spiel he could not hold it in any longer and laughed loudly. 'I like this guy. He has a good sense of humor, and seems like a fun player to be around.' thought Khrysaor. He knew the time he was going to spend bashing the boulder into pulp will be fun. Khrysaor noticed the player start to move out and indicated for him to follow. He jogged to catch up and when he started to walking beside the player, he moved his arms upwards and pointed them into the sky, exclaiming, "Yahoo! Lead the way boss, and I your humble servant will follow."

This player was extremely amusing and obviously enjoyed my company. The way he referred to himself as my 'servant' caused me to bellow loudly, and I turned to look at the quite excitable male. It was then that I realized something. "Hey, wait a second... I recognize you from somewhere. I believe you visited my shop once?" I questioned, quite sure that was why the male was familiar. While I awaited his answer, I made sure to keep my eye on the familiar trail to the hermit's house, with the large cavern, and boulder, nearby. "Nearly there, buddy." I indicated to the player, pointing the minuscule establishment out.

Khrysaor was surprised that this was not the first time he met the figure before him. He started to think hard, 'So, I bought a item from him before at his store.' Then a small memory started to appear in his mind of the time when the player in front of sold him the Nepent Steak. "Oh yea, now I remember it has been some time since that day. Your words were false that day it did not taste like chicken, instead it had a closer resemblance to turkey. Maybe something went wrong when you cooked it. Maybe I should ask for my money back, since it was not to my satisfaction." said with a cross face. Khrysaor could not help it he wanted to play a small joke on the player. He very well knew that the steak tasted exactly like chicken, but Khrysaor wanted to see the reaction to his statement. He felt like laughing, but he did not want to give himself away, just yet.

I raised an eyebrow when the player commented on my cooking, stating I had lied when I said the Steak tasted like chicken. Tongue as sharp and silver as my hair, I had a retort very quickly prepared. "Hey. I asked 'Would you trust me if I told you it tastes like chicken?', and you never responded, so you fooled yourself into thinking it tasted like chicken." I told the boy, knowing full well the trick he was trying to pull on me. "Oh, and no refunds, I am sorry." I told him bluntly, trying so hard to keep a straight face as I looked him in the eye with a mock-cold expression. I could manage it, and cracked a wide smile, releasing a loud chuckle as I turned back onto the path we were following. The steps into the Hermit's cabin slid under my feet and I strode up into the small dwelling.

"I am 'Home'." I called into the small house, and the hobbling Hermit turned the corner at the back of the hall. "Oh, Grave, it's nice to see you again! And I see you brought another friend?" The NPC spoke, and I jerked a thumb at the player behind me. "Yes, he wishes to take the challenge." I told the Hermit, and he nodded, likely bringing up the pop-up for the boy.

'Ahhh, dang he caught on didn't he.' thought Khrysaor. Khrysaor could tell from the silver haired player's body language that he did not fall for his trick and started to chuckle alongside the other player. Khrysaor said, "You were able to figure me out, well that's a drag." As the two of them talked and laughed, Khrysaor did not know where the time flew and how far they walked before they reached the cabin where the NPC for the quest must be.

Khrysaor followed the silver- haired boy into the cabin and watched as the two interacted. When suddenly a pop-up window came into Khrysaor's view. He looked at it and saw that it was the quest accept window. So, Khrysaor pressed the ACCEPT button, and the window disappeared. The NPC then started to talk to him, "I see you have accepted to take on the quest. Well, that's good. Now all you have to do is walk behind this cabin and out in the fields you should find a boulder, and it is that boulder you have to crumble to the ground. Now out you go and start cracking." The NPC started to laugh, and Khrysaor nodded knowing what he had to do. Khrysaor was just about to walk out of the cabin.

When he heard the NPC saying something else, so he turned to face him, but before he could register what was happening the NPC swiftly came up to him and painted 3 bright orange whisker marks on either side of his face. "Oh yeah, and before I forget. You need this special paint on your face, it will help you on this quest." said the NPC. Khrysaor was thinking, 'Special paint my ass. Seriously, what is up with this, and are they really trying to make me look like a certain orange haired loudmouth jinchuriki.' Khrysaor looked to the silver haired player confusingly, and turned back to the NPC and asked him, "So, why doesn't he get this so called special paint and what is so special about it." At this, Khrysaor pointed his finger at his partner beside him. The NPC replied nonchalantly, "Oh him, he doesn't need because he knows how to use the special abilities the paint already gives a player and he can use them. You on the other hand are stuck with it till the quest is complete, too bad. Sorry, can't tell ya what is special about it since it is a secret." Khrysaor shook his head and sighed. He gave up trying to make sense of it all, and just started to head in the direction of his objective.

As he walked on, he when to the inventory menu to unequip his sword. He needed to this without a weapon. When Khrysaor reached the boulder, he touched the surface to try to make out hard the task would be to break something like this. Khrysaor got into a simple fighting stance. Before he punched the rock, he twisted his head to the silver haired player behind him and said, "Wish me luck. Oh yeah, before I forget could you tell me your name? I would like to know the person who is willing to help me so much, mines is Khrysaor." While he waited for the reply he turned back to the boulder and launched a simple punch to "test the waters" as the saying goes. He could not see any noticeable damage on the boulder and sighed again, 'Well this will take along time.'

ID# 61820

BD: 7

13/14 Energy

1 DMG Done to Boulder

Boulder: 49/50 HP

Edited by Khrysaor
  • 2 weeks later...

I snorted when the hermit began to apply the paint to the boy's cheeks, in a whisker pattern. While the hermit explained that I had apparently already 'gained my powers' from the paint, the truth was I had narrowly dodged getting the paint and headed straight for the boulder, no questions asked. Nonetheless, in the end the paint is removed when the quest is completed, but it was quite hilarious watching the player's expression change with his mixed feeling about this weird 'ritual'. "I have to say... the whiskers kind of suit you." I teased my partner, clapping him over the shoulder. "If you love them so much, just ask the hermit to not remove them after the quest is over!" I continued, before quickly giving up before I went off on a wayward tangent.

I followed my partner-in-crime to the boulder and watched him take a fighting stance, my arms folding across my chest. "Pretty sure I already told you, but the name is Grave. A pleasure, Khrysaor." I responded, the name proving to be very long to roll across my tongue. I threw the name around my mouth a few times as I approached the rock that he had done little damage to, trying to find a way to shorten it. I placed my hand on the rock and leaned on it, looking at the player. "Mind if I call you Khry?" I asked, tilting my head.

ID: 62716 | BD: 5

Grave: 25/27 EN

Edited by Grave

OOC: @Grave

Khrysaor looked with a frown on his face as he looked at the boulder. He was hoping his attack would have done some significant damage from his previous attack. "Yup, don't mind, you can call me Khry, anyways I have had others use that nickname." replied Khrysaor. He then turned back to the boulder and tried to come up with a decent strategy to take it down. Khrysaor thought, 'Maybe, there is a trick to smashing the boulder. There may be a core and a weak spot, that will help take it down at a faster speed.' So, with that thought he circled the boulder touching it and tapping it once in a while to get a feel of it and listening to the sounds his taps made to see if he could find anything unusual.

ID# 62805

BD: 2

12/14 Energy

Boulder: 49/50 HP

Edited by Khrysaor
  • 2 weeks later...

"Ah, lovely." I chuckled when Khry allowed me to use the proposed nickname, and smirked as he began to circle the boulder, as if searching for a weak spot, or developing some kind of strategy. "Let me tell you a tip; there is no such thing as strategy with this bastard. It is just smack it until it breaks, like so-" I told him, before raising my fist above the boulder like a hammer, and swinging down, tearing a huge chunk out of the side, leaving such a clean groove that it looked like a ball of ice cream that had a scoop run through it. I held the large, semi-circular chunk up for the player to see. "Stick with Martial Arts long enough and you can do stuff like this."

Regen +1 EN

ID: 63716 (AYY, 100 FROM MY LAST POST HERE) | BD: 8 | CD: 6

+2 Recovery EN

Grave: 26/27 EN

Boulder: 37/50 HP

Edited by Grave
  • 3 months later...

(OOC: Sorry, @Grave been on hiatus for some time got too busy.)

When Khrysaor heard Grave explaining to me not to go looking for a weak spot, he understood that it would only break with brute strength. Then Grave went in for his turn and brought his fist down on the boulder, where it crumbled and broke down quite a bit, and the only thing Khrysaor could do was stare at the boulder and the piece Grave was holding in his hands with his eyes popping out and his jaw hitting the ground. Khrysaor could not believe the amount of strength a master at martial arts in the game, and as Grave finished his explanation the only he could was nod his head in understanding.

After, a few minutes Khrysaor broke out of his musing and headed to the boulder with a look of determination, and got into a fighting stance. He tried to move his body smoothly with his punch, but it came out as an unbalanced, and unrefined punch to the boulder, leaving no trace of a mark. The only thing which looked to have gotten the damage was Khrysaor fist, since it was paining him. He looked to wards his pained hand and saw the redness on his knuckles.

Regen +1 EN

ID# 69555

Battle: 5

11/14 Energy

Boulder: 37/50 HP

Edited by Khrysaor
  • 4 weeks later...

(Right back atcha, just came off hiatus the other day)

I watched the black-haired player swing a fist like a wet noodle at the boulder, his coordination with hand-to-hand combat obviously lacking. "This may take a while..." I sighed to myself, scratching my head as I watched Khry's fist scrape along the boulder, not even chipping it. With an amused cough, I stepped up to the plate. "Allow me to weaken it some more." I gentle ushered him out of the way of the rocky, irregular ball, and swung my leg up into the air, my hips scarily vertical, before swinging my leg down like an axe, my heel cleaving into the boulder with a resounding crack. "Should make things a little easier." I sighed as I lifted my leg out of the fissure that now parted the top of the rock, backing off and bowing in a curtain call manner.

Regen +1 EN

ID: 70430 | BD: 10 | CD: 7

+2 Recovery EN

12 + 2 = 14 DMG to Boulder (1 EN)

Grave: 26/27 EN

Boulder: 23/50 HP

Edited by Grave

Khrysaor watched in amazement as Grave, did an axe kick, which left a big crater in the boulder. After, he saw his partner make a bow, Khrysaor started to clap, and said, "Woohoo, nice going, that was great buddy." Khrysaor then murmured wistfully, "I wonder how long it would take to gain that kind of strength." \

He started to slowly walk back to the boulder hoping do to some damage. Khrysaor went back into his original battle stance, putting his legs slightly a part, and brought his two fists up. He turned his upper body towards the rights, to help wind his right arm backwards. When he was ready, he brought his fist towards the boulder and smashed it hard.

When Khrysaor tried to see the damage that was inflicted, he got discouraged with his attempt. Khrysaor thought, 'Doesn't even look like I put a dent into the damn thing.' He sighed and slumped his shoulders, and went back to sit down to think of way to do some damage.

Regen +1 EN

ID# 70664

BD: 4

10/14 Energy

Edited by Khrysaor

I looked as Khry took another fighting stance - it seemed to change every time. He swung at the rock with all his power, and I almost even felt the wind move with his strike... and yet the boulder's rugged structure held firm. "Ouch..." I winced and sighed, coming up next to Khrysaor and tapping at the fissure in the rock. "Try and aim for this." I explained, raising my arm and bringing it down to explain, only for the demonstration to lock my arm in between too pieces of rock jutting out from within. "Oh crap..." I whimpered as I tried yanking my arm out. "Not good."

Regen +1 EN

ID: 70732 | BD: 1 (Really now =_=)

Boulder: 23/50 HP

Edited by Grave
  • 2 weeks later...

Khrysaor had watched on as Grave explained to hit the boulder at one of the fissures that could be seen on the boulder. He observed Grave go for a punch to the fissure, and saw his arm get trapped between the edges, Khrysaor happened to give a small snicker as Grave tried but failed to unwedge his arm from the boulder.

Khrysaor said with a smile, "I think the stone-face over there likes the taste of your arm." and with that Khrysaor came behind Grave and continued on by saying, "Let me help ya with that." Khrysaor placed his arms around Grave and tugged on him with all his might. After, a minute with no avail, Khrysaor gave up and had a bright idea, "Hey, what if I try to get you out of that by trying to chip away at the edges of the boulder around your arm. Maybe that will help, seriously what kind of force did you put into that punch, which made it impossible for ya to get out."

Khrysaor walked around so he was beside Grave, and gave a small punch to the right side of Graves arm at the boulder. Khrysaor felt he had moved something and hoped that his punch was successful in freeing Grave's arm but also in doing some damage. When he looked closer, his face became unhappy and was thinking, 'I thought I felt it move, but it looks like nothing happened.' but then he noticed that it did move but no in the direction he would have liked as he saw more of the boulder covering Grave's arm meaning it would be even harder getting the arm away from the boulder.

He then placed his hand behind his back turning to face Grave and laughed nervously and said, "Whoops, sorry about that, but I think I just made it worse. I am sure we will find a way for you to get it unstuck, we just have to be patient, is all. Yeah be patient, I like the sound of that don't you?"

Regen +1 EN

ID# 71273

BD: 2 (yuP, I know sucks really bad)

9/14 Energy

Edited by Khrysaor

"Om nom." I responded to Khry's jesting comment, accompanied by an exaggerated chewing motion. I turned to stare at the monolith with disappointment. "Mr. Rock, I would greatly appreciate it if I could have my arm back. You see, it is extremely important to me. I am sure his arm would suffice just fine." I jerked a thumb over my shoulder to point to Khrysaor, before flashing him a wide, toothy grin. He assisted in trying to pull me out, but made no visible achievement. "Oh, please help. Hurry. I can feel the rock's stomach acid dissolving my hand." I jested in a very emotionless voice, rolling my eyes in self-amusement.

Khry suggested striking the rock to break me out, and I slowly shook my head. "No, that is fine, please-" But I gave up and sighed; just let him do it, I told myself. If he caves the rock in on my arm he can shout me a drink later. I shut my eyes and felt the impact of Khry's punch against the boulder, and for a moment felt nothing move, then gasped as something began to crumble, hopeful that my arm would be released... only to have them crushed like my arm as the boulder collapsed and covered of me. I pointed two fingers at Khry and raised my eyebrows. "You are bloody buying me a drink later, got that?" I commanded with a chuckle before turning back to the boulder. "This is so crap..." I sighed, beginning to pat some of the rubble away. "Just give me a second and I will have myself out."

+1 EN

ID: 71954 | BD: 3 | CD: 10

+2 Recovery EN

Miss (2 EN)

Boulder: 23/50 HP

Edited by Grave