[PP-F10] (Avilon)

Gaster wandered the main town of the tenth floor, exploring as much as he dared to. There were some places on the tenth floor that greatly fascinated him, and then there were others that greatly unnerved him. Gaster disliked how unsettling this town was, but he disregarded it's unsettling aura and decided to see it as a charm, rather than a flaw. Things always seemed to have a brighter side when you turn to the pale side of the moon. Feeling a little less unsettled by his surroundings, Gaster continued to explore the town, hoping to find something to pique his interest for a time.

Avilon shrieked loudly as she sprinted through the dreary dark domain which was the entirety of the tenth floor, she wasn't afraid of the lack of luminescence, but instead of the things that kept touching her which she wasn't able to see. It was disparaging location for her to live within as she now bumped into a stranger who wasn't skeleton. Her entire body trembling now as she buried her face into his chest whimpering as she stayed there. "Oh thank god you have flesh on your bones!" She shouted as she had apparently met some of the inhabitants of the floor that had startled her and sent her one a race through the relatively abandoned city. "I-I'm not blind again right this place is just obscenely dark right r-right?" She gulped now looking up to him not realizing that she could make out his faint outline thanks to the few lights in the city.

Gaster's face lit up bright red as a presence asserted itself on his chest. He looked down, and saw a woman staring up at him, a bit too close for comfort. He knew he had to say something to her, but the lack of distance gave him a feeling of angst. Regardless, he still put effort into forming some kind of statement. "... D... d-d-did anything s-startle you?" he asked quietly, trying to say anything to respond to the woman.

She whimpered and pushed her face back into his chest whispering as she began to speak up about what had startled her, "T-there are skeletons everywhere and there is also a place that is completely dark I-I don't want to stay here any more i-it's scaring me." Avilon sniffled as tears continued to stream down her face as this floor had quickly become her least favorite one with a a matter of minutes of scurrying about blindly without any sot of guiding light to make her way through the void. Another shiver spiking down her back as she heard the rattling of bones behind her letting out another loud shriek and now inching behind Gaster.

A chill ran down Gaster's spine. He'd never been in such a nerve wracking position in his life. He had no idea what to say or do, and the thought of breaking down because somebody had come running to him in a fright, clinging to him for some sort of salvation from whatever horror lurked in this town, made him feel like he could have done more in the immediate moment, as well as ashamed of himself that he hadn't. Gaster, at that moment, had a thought. He tried to put on his mask to put on a face, perhaps feel less timid than he did now. Yet, no matter how hard he tried, he could not. He was petrified by his own timid nerves, and could barely move an inch. He then realized it probably best he didn't put it on. It might scare here more if she saw the mask.

"I-is... is there anything I c-can... h-help you with?" he asked, all the while trying to be polite to the woman.

Avilon glanced over his shoulder as she saw a skeleton NPC now wandering forward and carrying the sword she dropped, "Umm, sir the young lady behind you sorta dropped this weapon after walking into my shop." After returning the equipment it strolled off her legs still trembling as she breathed a sigh of relief. "W-what is with this crazy floor and it's obsession with skeletons," mewling rather loudly as the girl now collapsed to the ground both legs spread out and her knees acting as her main source of bodily support right now. "I need to get out of here already," shivering as she now noticed the guy before him also trembled a bit. "I-It's not just me right you were scared right?"

Gaster fell forward onto his hand and knees, breathing heavily. His other hand was clasped over his heart, which was about to beat out of his chest. "I thought I was going to die!" he thought, swallowing a lump in his throat. Gaster was drenched by a sudden wave of nauseousness, and felt as though he would throw up at any moment. He wasn't sure if he'd have been able to take another moment of that. Regardless, he was glad it was over. Perhaps things would be a bit more relaxed now.

As she watched the companion now collapse to the same level she blinked a bit confused now crawling back in front and cocking her neck so she could see him face to face. "Sempai feel ok?" As she curled up beneath him her feminine form would appear more luscious from this angle as she was now reaching to poke his nose. "It's ok if you were scared too," She giggled wondering if the boy was trying to save face and look brave merely in front of her as she already had turned around with the presence of the skeleton withdrawing. Her finger gently tapping his nose less he decided to do something about it. "Boop."

Gaster stared at the woman who had now positioned herself beneath him. He wasn't quite sure how to react to his nose being poked, so he decided that he wouldn't respond to it at all. Gaster sat back and sat on his feet, leaning back a bit and staring up at the sky, letting out a long sigh of relief. The nausea that had washed over him was slowly dissipating, but was now resting in the pit of his stomach. After a long moment, Gaster looked at the woman laying curled up in front of him. "Ah, I'm alright, thank you." he said with weak smile. "What about you? Are you alright?" He asked, his timidness being replaced with concern.

The shield maid now glancing up as she crawled like a cat, an imaginary tail almost visible flicking about violently behind her as she continued to act like one. Sitting her hiney down on the ground now as she smiled and giggled looking straight at the rather shy boy not realizing why he felt so timid. "You don't have to whisper everything you say silly it isn't like I bite or anything. Now the creepy people in town I can't say much on as I think he did try to take a bite out of me." She grumbled looking back to the ivory man who was now walking back into his store on the routine path of a normal NPC. "I could here the door bell ring when I poked you nose, that means you must be a happy fellow," Avilon's face bright with innocence and honesty as she always was a bundle of sunshine when she was with someone else.

"I can't really help my vocal volume. I'm sorry about that." he said, looking past her at the NPC walking back to their shop. He stared at them for a moment, wondering why they were even a shop owner in the first place. 'Why not a human hiding out from skeletal mobs?' was such a thought that ran through his mind. "Um... Are you sure he was trying to take a bite out of you? I think he was just being polite and returning something you dropped..." he said returning his gaze to the woman. After a moment, he smiled softly. "Oh well. What's done is done. As long as you're alright, then it's all well." he said, re-positioning himself so his legs were out in front of him. Gaster then hugged his legs close to his chest, and continued to speak. "Allow me to introduce myself. my name is Gaster. It's a pleasure to meet you." he said, giving the woman a small nod in place of a bow.

Avilon nodded with a slight courtesy as he introduce himself, for some reason she decided to take a new perspective at greeting the 'shy guy'. "Positively charmed to meet you senor Gaster," giggling as she rolled through the civil politeness into Spanish before pondering whether or not it was entirely appropriate to do such actions. It could have been taken as mocking of other foreign cultures as she was Japanese. The comment on the creature that was just returning her sword made her turn around back to she shop it had entered, "Hmm you think that these skeleton people are just the indigenous NPC's like that of the town on Aincrad's first floor?" As she puzzled over this she now began to tap her finger, it's nail extended and also painted a rose color to match her hair as she had been learning a fair amount about this game such as alchemists who could help stylize one's personal appearance. It was all quite wonderful. "I doubt it," she finally state still ignorant as she now sat upon her legs kneeling before him.

Gaster stared at the woman, a blank, but ultimately puzzled look on his face. Did she not understand that he was trying to help? Or was it the she knew, and she was playing at some sort of joke? A ridiculous sort of thing, but all the while possible. Gaster thought it best to leave it alone and move on. "What are you doing on this floor in the first place?" he asked, a curiosity about him. "You seemed to be in an awful hurry to leave this place when I first saw you." he said, starting to play with a small pebble beside him.

Avilon now grimaced remembering what she was hastily attempting to retreat from this rather drear and depressing abode, "Y-yeah it's hard to explain, but I sorta have lived in the darkness for the majority of my life." A stutter slipping into her speech pattern as she glanced about the floor nervously not all that interested dealing with the memories of her blindness in the real world as this place while it was a prison to all gamers was also a sanctuary for those crippled in reality not this virtual reality mind you. Sometimes the real world had ways of dampening the mood even when they were no longer inhabitants of it, at least that was how Avilon thought of it. Her scientific conscious and thus soul were both now apart of this electronic world and there was little to be done or said to say otherwise. "I just don't like what I don't see," she sighed now looking over to Gaster wondering if he understood.

Gaster stared at her for a moment or two. He began to silently analyze her for everything that she was, might have been, and could be. He thought deeply into his own twisted dreams and thought about what made him scared. For the infinite moment that he had, he put that nightmare side by side with hers, although still partially unknown, and began to compare the two, on the table he'd used in his lab, crafted from dream stuff and his memories. After dissecting it and putting it back together piece by piece, he released it to be reanalyzed, and finally understood. Gaster closed his eyes, and thought for a moment longer, pondering the fear she had given him, but at the same time didn't. Then, he smiled at the woman who had given him such a fright. "Alright. I understand." he said in the simplest way that he could. "Ah, by the way, I don't believe I got your name."

She swatted her forehead after hearing this, she always seemed to forget to introduce herself after meeting and introductions had been finished. "Sorry, I'm really bad at this greeting I meant to tell you the name was Avilon." A cheeky grin waxing over her features as she now began to bow slightly in her greeting once more. "I'm still a bit startled when I suddenly can't see again in this world, I guess I just sorta panic and believe that I'm back in the real world where I won't be able to see again. Anyway enough of that rather miserable and dreary thoughts why don't we get to know each other. I still haven't taken a profession sadly in cooking or entertaining but I'm sure we can find ourselves a chef here that can accommodate us with food."

"I haven't taken up any professions either," Gaster said, looking off somewhere in the cave. "Perhaps I would if there were any that piqued my interests. I'm an inventor in the real world, you see?" Gaster flicked the rock away and began to fidget in place. "I only feel that I'd be doing right by myself if I remain true to myself as an inventor. I know that may sound a bit selfish, but that's just the way that I feel. Ah, pardon me, I'm rambling on." he said, calming his fidgeting. He would have liked it if there was a profession for him, but there was simply nothing he could do but live with the fact that there wasn't one.

As the lad spoke Avilon chuckled amused that the rather sheepish boy was already stepping outside of his comfort zone it seemed. Here he was conversing with one of the most adorable and ditsy females in Sword Art Online and he even managed to stop the trembling now as he continued to ramble on as he said. "No, it's fine I know that I'm usually talking over everyone or even ramble even more then you ever could Gaster. Feel free to keep talking I have been enjoying hearing about your life outside of this world." A cheerful display greeting him as he spoke about the profession he would have wished, "Hmm you are right I guess there are few inventor jobs here. Perhaps you could just become a blacksmith it's sorta the same thing right?"

"Ah... I suppose I could... but being a blacksmith is just to simple. There's no adventure to it. There isn't as much discovery to it as there is with inventing. Oh, I miss my work shop, but I can't return until this game ends, but before then I must get some sort of inspiration from this confounded universe." he said, a bit of spite hidden in his quiet voice. "Perhaps it shall come soon. Perhaps it wont. Whichever the case, I will be glad when it does. Because when it does, that means I will finally be able to return to my table again. Granted I leave this place alive." he said with a half joking sort of smile.

Avilon blinked rather absentmindedly  as she was rather lost to the profession in this game, she knew who made what type of items but she didn't really understand the system of crafting. "Is there not inventing to weapons?" Genuinely interested in knowing as she was contemplating asking blacksmith's and tailor's how they had decided to stick with this professions. "Oh don't worry about the staying alive part," she laughed swatting his back rather gently. "Miss Avilon got all this under control for you kiddies, I will join the front lines and fend off all the nasty monsters in no time. Even if I do return back to the world I will at least have hopes of one days inventing a device to help my fellow blind people. Anyway lets get going can't make food without cracking a few eggs," failing the old saying as that wasn't how it went at all.