[PP-F2] Long Live the Queen

With two of the four quests that he wanted to get done for the day out of the way Yamato pulled up his player menu and quickly consulted the time. It was still pretty early in the afternoon and the final two quests, Long Live the Queen and Let There Be Light, were both on the second floor and in close proximity to one another unlike the first two Secret Medicine of the Forest and Worn Out Welcome which had required a bit of travel between floors. As long as the blonde Irishman and his traveling companion didn't drag their feet too much in completing the first of the two remaining quests it would be easy enough to complete each of those that remained, even if it would make for a bit of a late supper. Moving at a solid pace that was neither too slow nor too fast, Yamato led the way back into Delilah Town on the third floor, passing through the town's gates and into the safe zone.

Avilon's mood had picked up since the previous missions now in a half skip beside Yamato her arm half hook before she then twirled around and leaped onto his back for a piggy back ride. "Let's get this party started!" She contorted her voice a bit to sound a bit more masculine as she was mimicking a rather strange story about a fish who helped out sharks. Her arms now wrapped around his neck and giggling as she refused to let go, "Yami-chan where on earth is this next mission that we are headed off to anyway?" She shouted relatively loudly in his ear as she wasn't completely aware of her volume or positioning upon his back now as she looked back over Delilah town.

For a half second Yamato considered bucking with enough force to dislodge his erstwhile passenger. Just as quickly, he thought better of it. There was a curvaceous and attractive woman latched onto his back with her arms around his neck. There were worse things in the world, both the real one and Sword Art Online. Still, he wasn't about to start braying like a horse or galloping. Instead he simply wrapped each of his hands around Avilon's corresponding ankles before wrapping her legs around his waist. "There's no need to shout, lass," he said in a tone that was considerably quieter and more Irish-tinged than her own. Slowly, he plodded through the town in the direction of the portal plaza and considered his answer. "We need to teleport down to Urbus an' from there we'll knock out a couple of quests on the second floor. Should be dinner time by then."

As her ankles were grabbed she giggled and squirmed back up onto his back like a child as they were now looking from higher perspective int his crazy world. "I't so amazing to see how the world changes for you as you wander around isn't it?" Calmly smiling as she began to rock back and forth on his back her ankles now gripping onto his waist as she hummed, nothing in particular. As he spoke up reminding her to not speak so loudly she winced and apologized, "S-sorry guess I'm just a bit excited is all I'm not use to getting so many quests done in quick succession." She admitted as they continued along as she road her new companion like a steed but considerately. "Who name's these places, Urbus? Florenthia? If you ask me they were just throwing things together. I think it should be like Home of the Ents! And ... err." She stopped not really having an idea for the city they were headed to. The dinner remark then got to her and growled a bit upset, "Ugh now I'm hungry ..." She groaned and hanging over his shoulder like a seasick dog.

"I s'pose the writers name all the objects in the game," Yamato allowed as the pink-haired woman fairly draped herself over him. Honestly, he considered it something of a shock that she hadn't set off the Anti-Harassment Code for the game yet. But, he supposed that the designers and programmers were probably more concerned with male players being leches than they were with female players going for piggy-back rides. When the pink haired woman mentioned being hungry, Yamato opened up his inventory and held up a loaf of bread for her. "That's all I got," he called as they moved through Delilah in the direction of the Portal Plaza. "Ye do know the game probably won' give ye a mounted combat bonus on my back, right? Not that I mind carryin' ye."

She giggled at the comment about the mounted combat bonus, "Wait do they even have horses to ride here?" She blinked now wanting to go horse back riding from this little conversation her train of thought now taking her to the idea of trotting about on a beautiful white stallion. "I need to find myself a horse now." As he pulled out a loaf of bread she happily reached for it and popped it partially into her mouth now chewing it and wearing a pleasant smile as she munched happily on his back as she looked to the portal. "What are we doing again?" Speaking with her mouth full as she had already forgotten which mission they were on.

"Accordin' to articles in the gamer magazines during the beta, there are horses ta ride in the game," Yamato said by way of replying to Avilon's question. " O' course I wasn' in the Beta, so I don' know anythin' about findin' a horse to ride," the Irishman continued as Avilon continued to munch on the bread he had given her while making what seemed to be contented noises. "As for right now, we're goin' to Urbus on the second floor. There we'll pick up a pair of quests, one with killin' a giant bee an' another where we go kill a couple o' bats," Yamato continued, resting his arms on Avilon's legs as she still had them wrapped around his waist.

Avilon nodded and began to ponder if she even recalled seeing a horse in recent weeks as she had been adventuring more often but to be frank she hadn't really check to much. "Hmm perhaps I will have to go find some of those strange guilds people keep talking to me about ask some beta people." Giggling and peering back toward Yamato and devouring more of the bread as she then stopped realizing it was sorta inconsiderate not to ask him. "Oh did you want some as well?" Her cheeks half stuffed now as she was eating as she began to grow more considerate of the people around her. Still leaning on his back before wondering, "Where does this queen live?"

"The Queen Bee lives in a forest down on the second floor," Yamato replied, reaching around behind his back for a moment to boost Avilon a bit higher before resting his arms on her legs once more. "I don' need any bread right now," he continued in a Slowly, but steadily, they made their way back through the town of Delilah in the direction of the town's portal plaza. Within a few more minutes they were at the portal itself and Yamato was slipping the pink-haired woman down off of his back. "We need to teleport from here to Urbus," he announced, walking up the steps to the portal and stepping into it. A split second later he had disappeared only to reappear equally quickly in the main town one floor down.

She squeaked now feeling her body re-situated once more giggling with a giddy smile as she latched her arms tighter about his chest to keep a grip. "Careful with the caboose," she laughed make a remark about his hands attempting to plant her more squarely on his back. She then rested her looking at as they traveled. She was just about ready to take a nap when she felt her body slipping down and blankly catching herself. "Awww," she frowned as her nap was going to have to wait she supposed. "To Urbus!" She shouted leaping in rather precariously behind her companion as she to disappeared and reappeared collapsed on the other side of the portal groaning.

OOC: 1 Round in Urbus, 1 Round moving through the forest, Queen Bee Spawns in 3 posts :)

"Come on, lass," Yamato said, moving back up the handful of stairs and latching on to one of Avilon's hands before hauling her to feet. "Time to get movin', and besides, ye don' want to get trampled by the next person comin' through," Yamato said, pulling her down the stairs and into the portal plaza. Quickly, he took a glance around the surroundings. Urbus had a very medieval feel to it. The entire town was surrounding by high, turreted stone walls almost like the inside of a castle keep. The town itself wasn't overly large and, spying the gate from where they were at the portal Yamato began heading in that direction after slipping an arm around Avilon's waist.

OOC: Oki doki ^^ Thanks for heads up

Avilon nodded and accepted the friendly offer as she then was yanked up to her own feet and wincing as she began to brush off her outfit purely instinctively after her little fall. "Yeah, thank for the hand Yamato," that same friendly face offered to her rather deadpan companion. As she was raced off the platform she then looked around noticing how beautiful the medieval town had it was a quaint with old mannerisms that this game sometimes brought out in players. As the arm wrapped bout her waist the blink and was hauled off giggling still as she was quite grateful for someone who was so insistent of leveling up. She needed a level head to drag her about through the missions else she would completely lose track and forget to turn them in.

"No problem," the Irishman said in response to Avilon's thanking him for helping her to her feet. Leaving his arm wrapped around her waist for the time being, lest she topple over to the ground again, the blonde man led her through the small town of Urbus and out into the forest itself. In some places, the trees were packed so closely together that it was a bit difficult to find the path to navigate through them. However, with a bit of persistence and effort he was able to locate the path and keep them moving towards the place designated on the map for getting them to the location of the Queen Bee. From there, all they would have to do would be to slaughter the insect and get the rewards. It certainly seemed easy and straightforward enough.

"I'm sorry for being such a burden all the time, I can only imagine I'm not the greatest partner to go questing with," her hand now slipping back resting upon her rumpus. "I'm grateful as I don't really have many options when it comes to asking for companions to aid in defeating these monsters." Avilon now strolling past as she began to peak around the trees rather curiously to see the queen bee they were hunting for. Then a brilliant thought popped into her mind, "Oh-oh maybe if we ask her nicely when we meet her she will give us some free honey and toast!" Not completely recalling the purpose of their hunting excursion. In fact it looked like she wasn't to far away any more, 

OOC: Should I spawn and attack her then?

• 2 weeks later...

ID: 59520
BD: 3 (2+1)
MD: 8
Yamato: 35/36 7/9 (12-26=1)
Avilon: ??/?? ??/??
Queen Bee: 36/50 [Deals 12 DMG per hit] (-14 Thorns)

"Given that it's a mob an' probably can't speak... I doubt it," Yamato said in reply to Avilon's hopeful suggestion that the Queen Bee would offer them some free honey and toast. That kind of thing simply didn't mesh all that well with the way these types of video games normally operated, regardless of whether they were a full-dive system like the nerve gear or not. "An' two people is always better'n one," he continued in a thick Irish brogue. No sooner had he finished speaking than the sound of buzzing filled their ears. Suddenly, a massive yellow and black striped bee made its appearance. The enormous insect dive-bombed Yamato and the Irishman instinctively raised his shield to block, catching the Queen Bee's attack on the shield which promptly repaid the attack's damage with a considerable amount of interest.

Edited by Yamato

Avilon now frowned before speaking back to Yamato, "You never know the queen could have feeling and be more than willing to offer up some of the honey form her hive." She stated watching a sit then pierced at Yamato with the stinger now stopping as she realized this wasn't going to be anything but another fight as she now pulled her saber out from her sheath and charging forward toward the bee. Her sword slicing through the bee that now slid backwards from the blow and buzzing angrily as it stared over to Avilon annoyed by her rude behavior of actually impacting with her. "Well I know I'm not two people so where are you getting these numbers?" She thought about it a bit longer before it snapped. "Oh the two of us together as one! I get it!"

Spoiler
  • Avilon: 59867 | BD: 8 | CD: 11 |LD: 9 |MD: 1  hit
  • Hate: 1 
    • Current HP: 44/44 Mit: 40
    • Current EN: 11/11
      • Update HP:  44/44
      • Update EN: 10/11 
    • Damage: 3
      • Skill: Sword Art Options 
        • Reaver - En: 1 Dmg: (1)(1)(dmg) BD: (6-9)  hit

• Yamato
  • Hate: 0
    • Current HP: 35/36
    • Current EN: 7/9
    • Damage: x
  • Queen Bee
    • Current HP: 36/50
    • Updated HP: 33/50

Edited by Avilon

ID: 59962
BD: 4 (3+1)
MD: 1
CD: 9 (+1 EN Recover)
[H:0] Yamato: 35/36 7/9
[H:1] Avilon: 44/44 10/11
Queen Bee: 33/50 [Deals 12 DMG per hit]

"Aye, teamwork," the blonde man called back as Avilon drew her saber in a swift motion and slammed the weapon into the insect that was, really, entirely too large to be allowed. "Two people make it safer an' easier to get through mos' of these early quests," the Irishman continued, even as the Queen Bee's attention snapped over onto Avilon. The giant insect beat its wings at a higher pitch and then dove towards the woman, some how missing it's agitator entirely and, instead, slamming into the ground.

Edited by Yamato

Avilon now nodded over to Yamato and smiled giving him a thumbs up with the hand that was still wielding her tower shield as she now peered down. She ran forward to the grounded  Queen bee but actually managed to overstep a bit to far as she now had descended right upon where she lied. Avilon yelped and tripped over the collapsed body of their foe now landing right beside her and groaning as she now looked over to see it face to face, "Yamato have you ever had those issues of performing?" She whined and now attempting to pull herself back up to her feet after he failed attempt.

Spoiler
  • Avilon: 59867 | BD: 5 | CD: 7 |LD: 8 |MD: 4  miss
  • Hate: 1 
    • Current EN: 11/11
      • Update EN: 9/11
        • Reaver - En: 1 Dmg: (1)(1)(dmg) BD: (6-9)  hit

• Yamato
    • Current EN: 7/9
  • Queen Bee
    • Current HP: 33/50
    • Updated HP: 33/50

Edited by Avilon

OOC: The other post is edited now too.

ID: 59969
BD: 2 (1+1)
MD: 3
CD: 3 (No Recovery)
[H:0] Yamato: 35/36 6/9
[H:1] Avilon: 44/44 10/11
Queen Bee: 33/50 [Deals 12 DMG per hit]

"Issues performin'," Yamato asked, squinting at his partner as she asked the question. "How old do ye think I am," the Irishman blurted out, clearly misinterpreting the question that Avilon had asked. Meanwhile, the Queen Bee beat her wings in the air and generated a horrendous buzzing sound as she lifted off in an ungainly fashion, taking once again to the skies. Circling for a few seconds above her antagonists, the bee considered each of her enemies for the time being, very much giving the impression that she was trying to decide which of them to kill first.

Edited by Yamato

Avilon's sword rested upon the ground as she now watched as her blond companion was having some issues with dealing with this queen,her own sword now cleaving into the wing once more. It buzzed and flew back through the air mewling weakly in pain as it now fell against the ground again from her strike. A smirk as she now plucked herself up from the ground and smiled. "Come on Yamato this bee has nothing on either of us all we need now is to knock it down a few more notches just like this."

Spoiler
  • Avilon: 59971| BD: 10 | CD: 10 |LD: 20 |MD: 1  miss
  • Hate: 3
    • Current EN: 9/11
      • Update EN: 8/11 + 1 = 9/11
        • Reaver - En: 1 Dmg: (1)(1)(dmg) BD: (6-9)  hit Crit (10)

• Yamato
    • Current EN: 6/9
  • Queen Bee
    • Current HP: 33/50
    • Updated HP: 28/50

Edited by Avilon