[PP-F2] Let There Be Light - Quest

OOC: I goofed on the bat earlier. In the first attack, when the Bat rolled a 9 I shouldn't have hit it with thorns. Since you had the bat also attack you last post the Bat still has 10 HP left. Also, since we're past the minimum post number let's have the bats attack every time so we can try to thorns kill them faster.

ID: 60069
BD: 2
MD: 4
CD: 2 (No Energy Recover)
[H:3] Yamato: 13/16
[H:2] Avilon: 36/36
Giant Bat 1: 10/50
Giant Bat 2: 50/50

"Ye jus' listen to them an' when they sound close launch an attack," Yamato replied through the darkness, listening closely to the sound of the flapping bat wings and swiping out at the noise with his tomahawk when the bat sounded close only to wind up missing completely. Within a few more seconds the sounds of the first bat zooming around were joined by a second bat that was following the first's example. "Looks like number two is here now," the Irishman called out, trying to focus on each of the creatures at the same time.

Edited by Yamato

Avilon's sword still stayed up in her her hand as she collapsed seeing the crowds contemplating how awful this all must have been. The sword once again swung through the air now as she couldn't manage to hit anything she fell upon the ground. "Darn it how am I suppose to fight things when I can't see them coming at me, worse yet none of them were flying straight forward at me." The pink haired female missing completely as her sword swung through the air and the bat also flew through the air as she missed completely.

Spoiler
  • Avilon: ID: 60072 | BD: 1| CD: 4 | LD:  18 | MD: 2
  • Hate: 0
    • Current HP: 36/36
    • Current EN: 5/9
      • Update HP:  x/36
      • Update EN: 3/9
    • Damage: 3
      • Skill: Sword Art Options 
        • Reaver - En: 1 Dmg: (1)(1)(dmg) BD: (6-9) Crit (10)

• Fell Crescent -  En: 2 | AoE: (1)(1)(dmg) BD: (6-9) Crit (10)

• Thorns MD: 6-9 Dmg: 14

• Yamato
  • Hate: 3
    • Current HP: 13/16
    • Current EN: 0/4
    • Damage: 5
  • Giant Bat
    • Current HP: 10/50
    • Updated HP: x/50
  •  
  • Giant Bat
    • Current HP: 50/50
    • Updated HP: x/50

Edited by Avilon

ID: 60076
BD: 9
MD: 3
CD: 5 (No Energy Recover)
[H:5] Yamato: 13/16 (0/4)
Giant Bat 1: 5/50 (-5 DMG)
Giant Bat 2: 50/50

"The trick, lass, is to remain as quiet an' still as ye can," Yamato called out, trying to remain patient with the curvaceous woman in the pitch black darkness of the cave. "Ye have to listen an', when it sounds like the beasties are close then ye attack," the Irishman continued, feeling very much as if he was repeating himself. Standing as silently as he could in a ready position, Yamato listened to the now two bats flapping around above him. When the wings sounded close enough to his head he lashed out with his tomahawk and felt the weapon make solid contact with one of the bats which screeched in anger.

Edited by Yamato

Avilon heard the comment about listening in to hear the various comments about listening in on as her sword now sliced through and chopped past all of the two bats. Both of them squealed painfully as she now nodded and looked to him. "You are right Yamato I must admit your words of wisdom are ones that will forever follow with me." She nodded weakly and glancing up and down past the foes. "I can't explain what this but I suddenly feel like you are correct in thinking that listening is the best method to hit these bats."

Spoiler
  • Avilon: ID: 60077 | BD: 9| CD: 10 | LD:  1 | MD: 7
  • Hate: 0
    • Current EN: 4/9
      • Update EN: 2/9

• Fell Crescent -  En: 2 | AoE: (1)(1)(dmg) BD: (6-9) Crit (10) USED THIS ONE

• Yamato
  • Hate: 3
    • Current HP: 13/16
  • Giant Bat
    • Current HP: 5/50 -3
    • Updated HP: 2/50
  •  
  • Giant Bat
    • Current HP: 50/50
    • Updated HP: 33/50

Edited by Avilon

ID: 60089
BD: 4
MD: 4
CD: 7 (+1 Energy Recover)
[H:5] Yamato: 12/16 (0/4)
Giant Bat 1: 2/50 (-5 DMG)
Giant Bat 2: 33/50

"It's simple enough, lass," Yamato replied, shrugging his shoulders in the inky darkness as the bats continued to flap madly around the two of them. "If you can't see them, then you have to listen for them. Without vision, hearing becomes the next best sense for tracking bats in the darkness sense they don't smell like skunks." The Irishman fell silent for a moment, heeding his own advice and going into tracking mode to try and figure out where the two bats were. With a sudden flick of his arm he sent his axe out, but the weapon failed to find its mark.

Edited by Yamato

Avilon winced and glanced back toward the two bats as she now focused the last bit of her energy into her sword for another art. Her blade glowing as she now slung another slash directly through the one bats heart. The other portion of the AOE clipping the other bat now and screeching as it descended in pain form it's usual flight pattern. As the bat's were both cleaved the living one now glared angrily toward her and flew at Avilon her shield raised as it was deflected off of it as it was quite angry with her for the recent departure of it's companion only to feel more pain by glancing off the thorns. She had just expelled most all her energy and fell down against the ground feeling like her heart was attempting to stop.

Spoiler
  • Avilon: ID: 60077 | BD: 10| CD: 10 | LD:  14 | MD: 8
  • Hate: 4

• Yamato
  • Hate: 5
    • Current HP: 12/16
  • Giant Bat
    • Current HP: 2/50 -5 dmg DEAD
    • Updated HP: -3/50
  •  
  • Giant Bat
    • Current HP: 33/50 -5dmg -14 Thorns 
    • Updated HP: 14/50

Edited by Avilon

OOC: I cannot roll for combat to save my life right now.

ID: 60155
BD: 3
MD: 10 (No Thorns DMG)
CD: 9 (+1 Energy Recover)
[H:5] Yamato: 11/16 (0/4) [14-26=1 DMG]
[H:4] Avilon: 36/36
Giant Bat 2: 14/50

Yamato heard the telltale noise that indicated that one of the two bats had been properly dispatched by Avilon. Just as well, this fight was starting to drag on far longer than the Irishman wanted. In truth, they should have been done with this combat by now. It was the confounded darkness that was slowing them both down in dispatching their foes. The inky pitch blackness made it next to impossible to see their foes as they tried to attack them. With a murderous screech, the lone remaining bat launched a diving attack on the blonde man and, because the game system granted the flying mammal a critical hit there was no retaliatory strike from the thorns enchantment on his armor.

Edited by Yamato

Avilon glanced back to the man as she now sliced missing the bat completely but it was an unfortunate predicament. As it had wounded Yamato partially and was now screeching in toward her position. The cross shield  raised now deflect the second strike of the rat with wings her thorns activating as the bat glanced off it and toward the cave walls dying much like it's predecessor. The two had now disintegrated leaving them alone in the darkness. "Well, then that is everything I suppose?"

Spoiler
  • Avilon: ID: 60178 | BD: 2| CD: 6| LD:  11 | MD: 6
  • Hate: 4

• Yamato
  • Hate: 5
    • Current HP: 12/16
  • Giant Bat
    • Current HP: 2/50 -5 dmg DEAD
    • Updated HP: -3/50
  •  
  • Giant Bat
    • Current HP: 14/50 -14 Thorns 
    • Updated HP: 0/50 Dead

Edited by Avilon

Avilon's question was punctuated by the sounds of a crying child. The non-player character child emerged from the darkness and threw its arms around Avilon's midsection. "I want to go home to mommy," the child bawled, clutching the woman tightly and sobbing uncontrollably. Yamato sighed, it was a bit over the top on the programming in terms of the dramatics. But, on the plus side, they didn't have to search the entirety of the cave system to find the one quest object they needed to complete the quest and that was definitely a plus.

"We return the lad to his mother, an' we're done."

THREAD REWARDS:
+2 SP (Both Players, 1 Quest & 1 Thread)
+400 Col (Avilon, Thread)
+275 Col (Avilon, Quest)