[PP-F3] The Bookworm and the Bear <<Earning a Living>>

Aster had parked herself just outside of the tall city gates of Delilah. She rocked back and forth lightly from her heels to her toes, occasionally glancing around to try and spot the man that agreed to material hunt with her. At her feet, the orange fox named Reginald was curled up to form a semi-circle around her ankles. The familiar rested its head on the ground lazily, but his ears stood up straight on his head, flickering to the side every so often.

In her hand, the girl held onto a Rainbow Stone, something she had picked up that she planned to lend to her party member during their excursion. She glanced down at the item, admiring its colorful appearance. Despite being a hunk of rock with uneven edges, it didn't feel sharp to the touch or uncomfortable to hold. The item reminded her of an oddly-colored quartz.

Declared Stats/Equipment:

Spoiler

Basic Stats
Level: 6
HP: 24
Energy: 6

Equipment/Inventory
»[Equipped] [Uncommon] Treasure Hunting Socks - +1 LD
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Sabatons of the Bulwark - +27 MIT
»[Equipped] [Perfect] Ring of Life +3 Combat Craft
»[Familiar] Reginald - +1 LD

»[Good] Basic Two-Handed Assault Spear
»[Uncommon] Rainbow Stone +1 LD
»
[Uncommon] Minor Potion of Healing x2
»[Rare]  Lesser Potion of Damage
»[Rare] Lesser Potion of Mitigation

Skills
[Rank 2]<<First Aid>>

Edited by Asteria

Isen walked out of the city gates and raised a hand to shield his eyes from the sun. Scanning the surroundings, he spotted Aster and moved to her, waving.

"Good morning," he greeted her, smiling. Seeing the fox at her feet, the man knelt down. "Oh, I had not realized you finished the familiar quest! I was planning on doing so, but I am concerned that I am not yet strong enough," he admitted sheepishly. Shaking his head free of doubt, Isen asked, "Where would you like to begin? Would you rather fight or search the area?"

Isen stopped for a moment, surprised at his openness with what was essentially a stranger. Chuckling, he thought, 'Teion must have rubbed off on me.'

Spoiler

Declared Stats:

Level: 4
HP
: 16
Energy: 4
Skills: Wild Dance Rank 1
Sword Arts:

Primal Burst - 1x1 - AoE - (2 Energy) - A forward charge which sweeps out both arms outwards, much like a swimming breaststroke.
Organ Pierce - 1x2 - Stun - (5 Energy) - A step which lowers the body height, then delivers a powerful clawed gut punch.
Equipment: 
Raiment of the Ursine (+2 Mit, +1 Light Momentum)
Kratzfurie (+3 Damage)
Shin Boots (+1 Mit)
Damage: 5 (1 base + 1 skill + 3 weapon)
Total Mitigation: 27 (18 from Raiment + 9 from Boots)

Edited by Isen

The orange-haired girl gave a small wave when she spotted her acquaintance approaching. Reginald's head perked up as the heavy boots of a stranger grew closer. The fox sniffed at the air inquisitively before standing and immediately investigating the player. The familiar circled around Isen once, fearlessly sniffing and nosing at him. As if his behavior was so commonplace to her, Aster paid no mind. Placing a hand to her chin, she mulled over his question. "To be honest, I don't make a good fighter." She seemed annoyed to admit, "So I'll be searching." She said simply.

Realizing she should be more considerate of her company, she continued, "But if you're looking for a fight there are plenty of monsters in the forest. Oh," She had almost forgot about the trinket in her hand, "Here, use this if you want," She held the Rainbow Stone out, waiting for him to inspect or take it.

Gathering Attempt

Spoiler
  • ID#: 59206
    • BD: 2
    • CD: 9
    • LD: 3 + (1 Equipment) + (1 Familiar) = 5 - Fail
    • MD: 5

•  Total Loot: --

Trade Offer:

Spoiler
  • -1 Rainbow Stone (Lending to Isen)

Edited by Asteria
  • 3 weeks later...

Isen reached down and gently ran his hand down Reginald's fur, petting the small mammal even though he knew it was a program. 'It's amazing how lifelike everything here is,' he thought. Lately it was starting to become hard to completely remember details from the Real World, such as the feeling of an animal's fur.

Shaking the melancholy thoughts away, Isen accepted the trinket with a smile. "Thank you! This will hopefully help my abysmal luck," he joked, switching out his boots for the trinket. He did not foresee being in any combat that his armor would not protect him from. 

Looking around, the man began searching nearby bushes for any usable materials, but unfortunately came up with nothing. 

Spoiler

ID #60468
LD: 10 + 1 (Rainbow Stone) = 11 (Fail)

Edited by Isen

Reginald greedily accepted the man's attention, continuing to run himself beside Isen's leg when his hand eventually pulled away. When the fox realized the player was now preoccupied, he quickly gave up and returned to his companion, circling around Aster's ankles a couple of times before settling at her right side. The girl gave him a small look in scolding, as if to mentally tell the familiar not to bother others.

As Isen began searching the nearby area, Aster followed suit, walking a straight line into the forest. While he scanned the shrubbery more meticulously, the girl simply glanced around her and back down to her fox, as if she expected him to alert her to nearby materials. Realizing she had a party member, she quickly decreased her pace to keep herself from putting an awkwardly large distance between them.

Gathering Attempt

Hide contents
  • ID#: 60566
    • BD: 8
    • CD: 11
    • LD: 11 + (1 Equipment) + (1 Familiar) = 13 - Fail
    • MD: 2

•  Total Loot: --
Edited by Asteria