[PP-F4] Blank (Avilon) (Part 2)

Gaster arrived on the fourth floor and stepped down off the teleporter pad. Seeing the pale white snow was refreshing after having just briefly visited the tenth floor, a place that was much more dreary in comparison. He could feel the cold brushing up against his cheeks, and the clothes he wore made him feel happy to have something warm to wear, and also very lucky. Unfortunately, he couldn't go off exploring. He had to wait for his new acquaintance Avilon to arrive so he might continue his conversation with her in a better environment. Unknowing of how long it would take Avilon to arrive, Gaster moved over to a sizable rock, brushed off the snow, moved the tail of his coat out from under him, and sat down on the rock, beginning to examine the surrounding environment.

"Yippeee!~" A piercing yell as the pink haired girl now leaped out from the teleportation pad, her body on a collision course with her most recently acquired companion. "Get out the way, Get out the way!? Can't control where I'm gonna land!" She screamed now flying directly toward Gaster who was a safe distance away from the teleporter. Her musical interpretation of her situation now high pitched and grading on the ears as she flew across the platform. The pink haired woman landing face first into the town and mewling as she now felt the snow being snorted through her nose and mouth. Coughing and hacking as she now was in a push up position and prying herself out of the snow. "Ugh, so cold."

Gaster stared at Avilon more confused than anything else. He wondered how she was launched through the teleporter pad, and even more so why she didn't try to catch herself. "Oh well." he thought. He stood from the rock he was sitting on and went over to Avilon. "Are you alright?" he asked, offering a hand up. There was plenty to do with the snow. The last thing he wanted to do was catch a cold from it, however.

She mewled as she recovered partially from her little fiasco, which by and large was her fault for tempting science by leaping  through the teleportation zone to understand if the laws of physics remained. It turned out that, every action has an equal an opposite reaction, held true even in this virtual reality as hypothesis was a simple one. Action: the act of having fun that would be accomplished through bounding forward into the unexplained anomaly being counteracted by a discomforting sensation of powdery white snow now being lodged in nose. She sneezed expelling it before laughing and holding out a hand as her red face and health bar simultaneously flicked with the regeneration and loss of one health point. "Next time make sure something warm and soft is on the landing zone," giggling and looking up to Gaster. "Oh hi again fancy meeting you here!" Her voice genuinely shocked despite their recent meting and conversation that they were going to Snowdon er whatever it is called.

Gaster was a little unsure of what she was talking about, but he was sure she knew what she was doing... to some extent. "Er, Yes. Fancy meeting you here as well." he said, playing along. Gaster couldn't tell if Avilon had short term memory, or if she was just slow. He didn't like making assumptions, so he decided to carry on with the conversation. "I believe there's a peace to be found in snowfall. Wouldn't you agree?" he said, staring up into the sky.

The shield maiden blinked hearing his response not quite as shocked as her own as she now furrowed her brow rather confused, "Didn't we just meet a few days ago?" A digit from her hand now sliding up to her mouth as her teeth grinded upon the nail as she was pensively attempting to figure when it was she had met him having trouble that she was following him this long. Perhaps it wasn't just old people who grew senile, although hers was quite particular as she normally didn't have that much trouble if she began associating science with the personality of the people she met. Quite selective her memory, Avilon now stopped realizing she was zoning off for a short period of time as she then blinked, "Peace in Snowfall?" The girl asked now glancing around at the city and nodding, "I suppose the snow does make things appear peaceful I suppose although I haven't had much to put into that peaceful respective."

"A few days ago?" Gaster said, his voice mixed with confusion. "I thought we only just met." Gaster closed his eyes and felt the snowflakes landing on his face. They were cold, but not especially cold. He imagined if they were landing in greater quantities paired with a freezing wind, the snowflakes would be a lot colder than what they currently were. "It may not make you feel the same way.. but when I see snow, it gives me this sense of peace. Or is it tranquility? Either way, it makes me feel calm, the way it falls so gently to the ground, coating everything in such a fine, plain blanket of something so simple. And at the end of it all," he paused for a moment and knelt down, beginning to mold some snow. In no time at all, he made a miniature snowman. "that simple something can be made into such complexities, or even more simple things." he said, smiling contently at the tiny snowman.

She blankly looked over to the man as she was reminded her brain finally catching back up as she glanced a hand off the top of her head in recognition. "R-right right, I sorta have a bad reference of time now since this world is always quite crazy and seems to be on a partially different schedule depending upon the floor you came from. Or does it?" She though now wondering if it was always the same timezone no matter where you traveled on this world. As the comments upon how peaceful this snowy domain was Avilon nodded in agreement and glancing up to the few flakes that were now falling her mouth opening as she caught one upon her tongue and closed her eyes. A pleased moan accompanying it from the taste. "I never have been able to see the design of snowflakes to be honest, I hope someday I can see some." 

Gaster nodded slowly. "It's fine. Being desensitized to reality is commonplace. I feel like I'll have to remind myself that this is all a game if I ever forget." he said, standing up while lifting the miniature snowman in his hands. At the mention of snowflakes, he began to think to himself about nature's intricate design. "Snowflakes are relatively small..." he said, more to himself than to Avilon. After a time of staring up into the sky, he realized that his little snowman was getting snowed on. Panicking, he quickly put his hand over it to shield it from the snow. Realizing how foolish this was, he slowly removed his hand from over the snowman's head, feeling slightly embarrassed. "Ah... I think it's nice to have hope in something. If not something big, better to hope in something small." he said, blush faintly burning his cheeks.

Avilon smiled and sat down in the snow as she now began to maneuver her hands through the snow digging small trenches and wadding up the snow into a larger ball. A laugh before lyrically asking and singing, "Do you wanna build a snow man?" After her little verse was finished she then went back to working upon the base her hands and body shivering every once in a while as she was still attempting to build up enough for the abdomen. As he had finished his tiny one and panicked about the snow she quickly pulled out her shield and propped it up as an overhang to protect it now. "I think he will be safe under here captain!" She giggled as if now make believing imaginary play once more as she started to turn her ball into a pillar for one section of the shelter to protect the little fellow. "I hope that one day we all get out, maybe even this little snowman."

Gaster stared at Avilon's shield out of the corner of his eye. A funny little make believe thing, he thought, but perhaps it was a bit more. Such as a kindly poke at keeping the snowman out of his own kind of rain, perhaps? At this, Gaster smiled, more so at the warmness in his heart left from the kind gesture towards the snowman, rather than the thought itself. He gently placed the snowman under Avilon's shield and softly patted its head, careful not to destroy it. Content with his action, Gaster moved over to the snowman Avilon was building and sat down beside it, picking up the tail of his coat and placing it in his lap before sitting down in the snow.

"There's no telling when we'll get out of here." he said bluntly. "Some of us would like to leave sooner than others, while others would like this game to last as long as time itself. Perhaps they have some perspective in which they can see a bright future in this world. In that case I say good for them. In my case, I would like this world to last as long as necessary. I do not wish to be here any longer than I need to. And besides, I have a friend waiting for me when this is all over. Or at least now I call them friend. Before I called them an acquaintance..." he said, drifting off while remembering some memories of his friend who introduced him to SAO.

The crucifix shield loomed over the snowman as a sanctuary to those whom believed in it's divine mercy as it loomed over as a roof for the tiny snow man. Her eyes and voice giddy like a choir girl as she began to hum a hymnal of sorts. As she now glanced over to her new compatriot contemplating what type of gender this snowman should have. "I think this one will be the momma snow man who will have a weaving of sticks as her hands to help shelter your little one." She stat rather convinced that her planning would work out fully for the good of all snowman kind. As she couldn't leave her shield to act as the perpetual guardian she still had many mission to do and people to  help like Gaster. "I promise to become the best front liner tank that this world has ever seen, I will get you back to your friends just you wait and see." A rather goofy laugh once again echoing through the snowy night sky.

Edited by Avilon

Avilon's words were cheerful and left his heart touched with a warm feeling as though it were telling stories next to a camp fire. Her encouraging promise to see him to the end filled him with determination. Gaster smiled at Avilon, although more so at the pleasantry of the idea of the snowman, or woman rather, currently being built being the mother of the snowman he'd built not long ago. "That's a wonderful idea." he said, looking back at his snowman. "Would it be a good idea to put the mother with her son?" he asked, committed to the relationship of the snowmen.

"Of course," speaking as if there was never question about it in her mind. "Why on earth would we ever try and separate a mother from her parent that ... that would just be completely unreasonable and cruel!" Her voice almost sounding hurt as she was talking to him about this topic knowing full well she would never want that sort of thing happen to her. "These two will forever be under the protection of me! Avilon the Shield Maiden of Aincrad and I dare anyone to ruin the happiness that these two will keep for the months ahead of all of us!" Extremely enthusiastic as she now giggled and continued back to making the body now for the snow man one equally large tot he abdomen so much so she now was having difficulty pushing it up into placed. "Hmm maybe she could be laying down with him in her arms instead." She snorted now clasping a hand to her mouth not intending for that to escape.

Gaster chuckled, finding the idea to be quite humorous. Then, holding his chin, he entered thought. He began to wonder how well the snow was stuck together, and whether or not it would fall apart it they laid it down on the ground. He considered the fact that the snowmen's heads might fall off while their bodies and heads remain intact. "Perhaps we could lay them down..." he said, a bit unsure of himself. He began to look around the larger snow... woman?... trying to find a place where he might be able to grab on.

Avilon wasn't totally convinced by her companion as she now hummed wondering if it would be possible for the two of them to lift the momma's body up onto the base so she could stand upright instead. "Here I have an idea," she mewed softly now slipping to one side of the big ball and looking to Gaster. "On three we both lift with all of our strength to get the middle section up. Else we just need to determine whether of not there is another possible means to stacking these snowballs so that we can make Lucha." Avilon already came up with a name for the mother based off of the Spanish verb for 'fighting'. "Because this momma will fight and die just like me if it means to protect the little ones of this world!"

"Hmm... Lucha..." Gaster thought, thinking about the name Avilon chose for her snow woman. The way she put it, for her character in particular, it made the most sense for it to be named the way it was. "Very well." Gaster concluded his thoughts and moved Lucha's side, opposite Avilon. He began to fumble around, trying to find a place where he might get a good grip, although that was only one of his problems. Another was that he felt awkward trying to handle something so roughly he'd humanized. Although he knew better, it still didn't make him feel very well. Eventually, Gaster found a good way to hold Lucha and looked at Avilon, waiting for her order. "Ready."

"Don't worry Pico-chan your mamma will be up and ready for protecting you in no time, won't you Lucha!" She shouted now lifting up with Gaster to place the middle portion of the snow woman up so she now had a torso. Her voice now being thrown a bit like a ventriloquist would and with relative precision as she didn't even move her lips as planted it with Gaster's help in place and making a sock puppet movement with her hand to act as Lucha's new mouth. "Yes sir!"  Her hand appearing to talk back with her now. After amusing herself she giggled and flopped back on her rear into the snow and looking around, "Now we just need to make her a good head to put on her shoulders!"

Gaster stopped for a moment to think about the name Pico, but quickly discarded the thought to continue building the snow woman. He felt that if he stopped for too long, he would be able to keep up with Avilon's pace. Gaster nodded and began to pick up snow to form the head. "I must say, this has been one of the most enjoyable experiences since I've left my lab," he paused for a moment, looking at Avilon. "and there haven't been many." After packing snow together and molding it to form a sizable head for Lucha, he placed it atop her head and took a step or two back to admire their handiwork. He then eyed Lucha in that examining sort of way, as a cook would a nearly finished recipe. It was then that he thought that she looked a little too bland... "A face!" he thought, beginning to gather stones for eyes and a mouth.

Avilon shivered now looking about the snowy village and shivered, "I think that it is getting to be my bedtime Mister Gaster." She murmured now trembling in place as the head was placed upon the snow woman who was towering over the child now. The shield slowly disappeared back into her equipment as she now watched him plucking out a few stones from the path that would act as effective eyes for the momma. "I think we have done roughly all we can-" As she thought she quickly rushed off in the direction of a tree grabbing two branches and twigs that were almost perfect for the arms for both the mother and child. As she stuff them into the snow she clapped happily half forgetting she ought to go get an inn room here. "I'm just glad to bring smiles to the faces of those I meet." She giggled patting Gaster.