Do you want a plot for this forum?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a plot for this forum?

• Yes
    • No

As it stands we're just floor clearing and going every which way. My question here is do you the players want a plot story everyone cane take part in? Answer yes, no or post feedback here! I'll leave the poll open for 9 days. By then we'll have a general decision.

What would even be an option of a "central plot" if not the pre-established one of SAO which is "escaping the game alive"? Perhaps a bit of clarification or some raw ideas would be a good idea to accompany the poll. Though overall, I think it would be helpful to motivation, but at the same time, how would we get closer with advancing this plot? Would it be GM made event threads or Individuals being able to take it upon themselves for the sake of this one plot?

Also, would it just be one core event that everyone chips into reaching? I could see this being implemented better if it were separated into archs. By that, I mean that there are more than one central plot. So one arch could be, for example, something called: The Horror of Floor 80. In that arch, it would be focused on some massive rumor of floor 80 which spread due to info brokers shortly after the defeating of the 79th floor boss about front liners going there and never being heard from again. In that arch, players would work on whatever the objective being and once that would be completed, a new arch would be started at some point in the future. Would it be something more like that?

To be honest, I find various archs to be more attractive than one grand, long term plot. I find it more rewarding that way and even an opportunity for some interesting RP. I like this idea, just needs a bit more clarification.

What would even be an option of a "central plot" if not the pre-established one of SAO which is "escaping the game alive"? Perhaps a bit of clarification or some raw ideas would be a good idea to accompany the poll. Though overall, I think it would be helpful to motivation, but at the same time, how would we get closer with advancing this plot? Would it be GM made event threads or Individuals being able to take it upon themselves for the sake of this one plot?

Also, would it just be one core event that everyone chips into reaching? I could see this being implemented better if it were separated into archs. By that, I mean that there are more than one central plot. So one arch could be, for example, something called: The Horror of Floor 80. In that arch, it would be focused on some massive rumor of floor 80 which spread due to info brokers shortly after the defeating of the 79th floor boss about front liners going there and never being heard from again. In that arch, players would work on whatever the objective being and once that would be completed, a new arch would be started at some point in the future. Would it be something more like that?

To be honest, I find various archs to be more attractive than one grand, long term plot. I find it more rewarding that way and even an opportunity for some interesting RP. I like this idea, just needs a bit more clarification.

I like this, having a ton of archs sounds pretty good to me.

Various archs was what we were gonna shoot for eventually. I wanted our first plot to be done sometime after say floor 20. My first idea was something of a war between the guilds. I don't have other ideas beyond that so I am still listening.

Okay, a guild war could be pretty interesting, however I don't see how it would tie into everyone. Just some criticism, but as a guildless player, how would I, or any other guildless player for that matter part take in it? Or rather, why would we risk getting involved in it instead of letting the guilds solve it themselves and potentially knock themselves out in the process? Not a bad idea, but just injecting a bit of my thought process into it.

I'm more than willing to throw out random ideas for shiggles and you can consider them or deny them at your leisure. Firstly, the "Horror of Floor 80" idea which you can shape around to floor 20 perfectly fine. Info brokers get word of rumors of players who beat 19th floor boss not coming back, nobody hears from them. Floor 20 has some kind of unknown secret or catch to it that players have to figure out and heed at ALL times while on that floor which you can make up. Idk, like, you must always at ALL times have a light source on your person on floor 20 or else XYZ which is an immortal environment mob will get you in a couple of hits or something. Merely meant as a fun little obstacle.

A high level player killer (it can be made into an event character that's like the highest reachable level out of the pool of players we actually have at current) has been going around killing people indiscriminately and has been making a serious effort to hide himself. For fear of being targeted next, X amount of players group up to track him down and take him out. A GM could play this character for the sake of the arch.

Environmental Cataclysm arch where a certain floor which is home to a well known, notable landmark which holds a sigil of some kind had said sigil stolen by a newly integrated miniboss. The entire floor has been subject to volatile and dangerous changes like tsunamis, landscape altering earthquakes, volcanoes, rampant mobs in response to the sudden and frequent changes. Arch focused around returning the sigil to the landmark to restore the order of that floor. Floor is important because it holds something, like, a frequented main town which is needed for whatever reason, thus the motive for saving it.

System glitch arch info brokers get new info on a possible way out of SAO! Everyone figures it a hoax and disregards it except X people (cue all the players here). They go to the location where they find a tear in the game, which is likely a fabrication of the glitch. (think of it as a new, random and non-dev made dungeon) Super trippy stuff happens, hallucinations, mobs, etc, etc. In the end turns out it was indeed bullshit (or maybe not...if you're feeling generous, it could be a reward or something that a player actually DOES manage to get out, though idk, it'd kinda be the same as PKing the character since they wouldn't be able to use it again...)

Just some ideas. Some may be crap, some may be good. I dunno, you decide.

Let me clarify I'm sorry. The Guild war thing was one part you see I planned for a guild to rise up and turn dictator and it falls to the players to bring them down. As for other ideas I'll consider them. Responses?

EDIT: OH and before I make a mistake I should correct something I want the first arch to be done by floor 20!

Let me clarify I'm sorry. The Guild war thing was one part you see I planned for a guild to rise up and turn dictator and it falls to the players to bring them down. As for other ideas I'll consider them. Responses?

EDIT: OH and before I make a mistake I should correct something I want the first arch to be done by floor 20!

Ah, see, that I can get behind. Kind of like how the Army was in the actual SAO series? They kinda had a communistic vibe to them since they expected everything to be distributed equally, and based off how that general reacted when Klien was telling him to screw himself about the mapping data from Kirito, he got all uppity like he was entitled to it. Basically a "Share what you have, or else!" feeling, y'know?

I digress, that sounds much more interesting. How would they go about exercising their oppressive ways? Camping a floor, or town or something and demanding outrageous Col compensation for usage of public roads, executing players that don't play by their rules, blockading a popular town which has all the basic necessities of the floor to only a particular group of people (ie their own guild, a particular race, or specific gender?) and all that kind of stuff?