[PP-F1~F2] Your First Task: Beat Up A Rock <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Chapel blinked once; then twice. He sat up slowly, that numb feeling of emptiness fleeing his body. Suddenly it was replaced with a million pin needles prodding gently at his skin all over his body. His arms, legs, neck, lips; everything was tingling with a warm buzz that Chapel could not explain. He shook his head gently and glanced around. It was dark but not blindingly so. He could see the slither of a promise of light at the end of what seemed to be an alley way. He stood up sluggishly, wiping his mouth of drool and slowly stepping forwards towards the light. He saw a shadowed figure step by, and he furrowed his eyebrows as he advanced. Finally, he got to the edge of the alley and hesitated before stepping fully in to the light. Suddenly, an entire spectrum of sounds flooded his senses and he was snapped back in to reality. He glanced around at smiley NPC's, players trying to haggle them, and tall, stone buildings.

"Oh yeah," Chapel thought to himself, but then adjusted his thinking. "I'm in the game, still. And here, I'm.." The light-brown haired boy glanced in the upper most left corner of his vision, finding his usertag. "..Kekoa."

Waking up in Aincrad was always the same process for Kekoa. Confusing, indescribable, and then disappointing. He still smiled, however, and adjusted his belt. He would have to start doing some real work around this place if he ever wanted to join the elite on the frontlines-- and stop sleeping in alleyways.. that would definitely be a plus. He started walking around, perusing the busy vendor's aisle of the Town of Beginnings, and remembering faintly on the first day when it wasn't so hectic. Now, every player was scrambling for any resource they could get. Even with quite a few floors open in front of them, so many players still resided on the first floor. Kekoa couldn't say much, of course, considering he hadn't made it very far anywhere yet. Today was the day, though. He was going to finally begin his path to making a change. And he wasn't going to do it alone.

He yawned loudly as he stepped in to a spacious forum in the middle of eastern town. It was bustling with low level players and side quests alike, and Kekoa actually felt intimidated for a moment. Since it was announced that Aincrad was a death trap, it seems players have much different personalities than usual. Not many people took kindly to his friendly disposition, and actually found it as a fake way to get in and steal resources easily.

Kekoa would never.

So now, he stood in the middle of the forum, smiling dumbly and glancing around. Maybe he could be approached.

Spoiler

((OOC: sorry this is kinda long, i just wanted a cute first post for kekoa))

She happened to be particularly joyful today. A skip to her step. Doors being swung open enthusiastically. Brown hair braided neatly, swinging to and fro as her tanned, petite figure made way through the Starting City. Jazmyne had a goal to make it to Floor 2 today, and it just so happened that she was in a good mood, which assisted her greatly in numerous ways. No anger. Sadness and other negative emotions, however, still lingered, of course, but for a moment, for even a simple day such crude, brutal feelings could be ignored and dwelled upon later. There'd always be time to go about with deep thinking, but not always time to take satisfaction in the life she had, unlike others who'd taken the beauty of living away from themselves, or had it taken away by others in an unfortunate fashion. She wouldn't be reckless. Or, at least, wouldn't try to be. Jazmyne knew her strength in real life, but hardly knew about what she actually had in the world of Sword Art Online. The Princess would remain thinking she was top priority. Most important. And she would act this way with everybody until she got what she wanted.

Including the fool standing in her way.

"You must be slow." Jazmyne examined, standing behind the male, poking rather roughly between his shoulder blades. "Don't be dumb and stand in the middle of a moving crowd, trust me I would know." She recalls her time with Creius with a smirk, awaiting the moment that this stranger will turn around. And when he does she takes his hand, pulling the male aside as the gap they had been in closes up within the continuously moving crowd of the Starting City streets. "Get lost inside that big head of yours or somethin'?" Placing both hands on her hips, standing proud and tall, Jazmyne lifts her head to make eye contact with the stranger, eyeing him with a sharp stare, yet her chocolate brown eyes resembled twinkling stars in the night sky.

Spoiler

OOC

Sorry for a late reply!

Psh, that was definitely a cute starter, Kekoa is adorable. And write as long as you want I can handle it ;)

Kekoa felt the shoving at his back before he heard any actual words. There were more words and then all of a sudden his hand was being pulled roughly away from where he was looking. He turned his head to face the deep brunette. The first thing Kekoa realized was her beauty, actually quite astonished by it. He wondered for a moment how graphics could come together so perfectly to piece together every intricate detail. It was tragically beautiful, considering how the technology is being used, but at the moment Kekoa wasn't considered with the darker side of their situation. He was more concerned about why this stranger felt so liberal with his body. He watched as the ground where he once stood was trampled by several footsteps of anxious, excited, and curious players. It was like they were some hive mind, all craving the same thing and stampeding through anything in their way to get to it. It was a little scary how the human psyche had been affected by the game.

The light-brown haired boy turned to face the female player again. He smiled weakly, not fully aware of whether or not he should be scared or thankful. "Thanks..?" He still mumbled, bowing slightly. The woman looked kinda scary, now that he studied her features. She was definitely an attractive woman, but she had a strong disposition that instantly made Kekoa feel a bit more timid. He scratched the back of his head. Kekoa has an excellent memory, and he knew for a fact he hadn't met the girl before, so why was she being so forward with him? "Jaz...myne..." Kekoa read her usertag hovering about her space. "Jazmyne," Kekoa smiled. "Nice to meet you, I suppose! Forgive me if we've met before, my brain hasn't been quite the same since the announcement..

"That's my name." She stated in a matter-of-fact tone, tilting her head out of curiosity as she analyzed the male standing before her. He was incredibly kind, a feature that didn't fit in much when compared to the masses of players currently living alongside one another in Aincrad. Not to mention he didn't seem to mind that Jazmyne had been so rough despite the fact they'd never met once, a fact that the stranger clarified seeming to have read Jazmyne's mind. "I knew you wouldn't be that smart since the moment I laid eyes on you. 'Specially with that big, dumb grin of yours. Not that I'm complaining because it's kinda cute." She chuckled lowly, crossing thin arms over her chest, plump lips curled up ever so slightly. To Jazmyne this wasn't a form a flirting in the slightest, just a compliment towards an outstanding feature that'd caught her eyes. Plus she only told the truth and couldn't possibly lie about something like aesthetics, adorable appearances being one of her weaknesses. As the male lifted his hand, she let go as a light blush made way to the surface of her plump cheeks that seemed to be burning hotter than a fire. It was an accident on her part to continue grasping his hand, and hopefully the male didn't notice as much as she had.

"We haven't met before... So you gonna tell me your name or what?" Jazmyne could care less about how this stranger's brain was, it didn't affect her so his situation didn't matter to her whatsoever. Plus the topic needed to change quick or else awkwardness would arise, and she'd probably end up having to answer unwanted questions. Anything to get rid of her annoying reaction to the surprisingly pleasant sensation of touch.

Sharp, but so quick to insult. Kekoa could feel drops of sweat forming on his forehead as he furrowed his eyebrows for a pathetic smile. She was clearly observant, and quick-witted. An interesting character, for sure, but Kekoa wasn't going to make any stupid judgement. She had still been quite forward and physical with him right off the bat and-- The girl snatched her hand away from him, a clear blush arising in her gooey cheeks. Kekoa blushed as well. He hadn't meant to embarrass her; in fact, he didn't even think much of that soft feeling of their hands being glued together until it was gone. So that's what touching another player felt like in this world. It was obviously quite similar to holding hands in real life, but there was more of an electric feeling to it. It almost felt like it was taboo. It was the same thrill you could get from petting a domesticated tiger. For the time being, it is calm and friendly, but it still had the power to kill you at any time. Every player in this death game could end one another. It was proven by the frontline murders that had occurred recently. It doesn't matter who you are; you're always fraternizing with a potential enemy. That's why their touching was so... electric.

"Chapel," Kekoa replied stupidly, and then blushed a deeper crimson. "I-I mean-- Kekoa!-- Kekoa is my name in here," he quickly corrected himself. He felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. He still wasn't comfortable with believing it truly is him stuck in this game; Chapel, that is. The straight-A student who keeps his head high with a smile and sketches the senior boys in P.E. class from the bleachers. It couldn't possibly be him ready to slay monsters and tackle beasts on the top floors of Aincrad, assisting grown men and women to, well, not die. "Oh, and I'm not stupid, by the way," Kekoa informed politely. He wasn't trying to make any enemies, but he wasn't going to make himself look like some docile imbecile. "You're looking at a future frontliner, Jazmyne.." Kekoa mocked flexing, giggling as he did so.

The male's quick, clearly accidental comment, that must've been a mistake, had Jazmyne raising her eyebrows in question even after the male player corrected himself and continued speaking as if nothing had been wrong in the first place. Which, despite being understandable, Jazmyne still felt curious, and of course had to wonder aloud about. "And Chapel is your name in the real world." She stated with a smirk, taking satisfaction in knowing information of personal value to Kekoa, and the fact that she'd picked up on it in the first place, which made Jazmyne feel smart and superior, naturally. "Is that a church name? Sounds like it." The brunette tapped her chin, shifting her weight from foot to foot as she spoke. The setting had become boring, as had the conversation, and she might as well leave soon. But Kekoa seemed different from everyone else she'd met so far. Which wasn't much, honestly, but Jazmyne didn't feel up to leaving quite yet. Interest held her body still and stiff, feet glued to the ground as her brown eyes were glued to Kekoa's figure, watching attentively.

"Maybe." Jazmyne lifted her arm, stretching out a thin finger to poke at one of Kekoa's biceps. "You'll have to get past me, first, tough guy." She winked, feeling stronger in comparison to the other player considering muscle strength. During the process of Kekoa's flexing, Jazmyne scanned him once more, head tilted as she wondered if he'd truly make it that far. If she'd even be there one day, or if she'd end up falling back or dying or being left behind. For a few seconds those negative thoughts lasted before Jazmyne's ego kicked in and her head swelled. Of course she'd make it. Even further than the rest, probably, kicking ass and taking names as she swung her whip in defiance against everything that seemed to deserve her wrath. There'd be power to Jazmyne's name soon enough. 

"I'm bored." She stated, whining to Kekoa, twirling her thick hair. "We should do something together, yeah?"

Kekoa blushed at the mention of his real world name. Nobody is really supposed to have that information; not in here, at least. It was a common courtesy thing to just keep your real life (and anybody else's for that matter) out of your mouth. He thought it was an odd rule at first, considering those were the times that could be looked back upon with some actual happiness... but now that he felt the heat of embarrassment, and the knot of homesickness in his stomach, he fully realized why that silent rule was in place. He wanted to tell her it's not a church name, but he had moved on quickly to make it known he was going to be on the frontlines one day.

Kekoa was worried for a moment he had struck a nerve with Jazmyne. She was silent for a moment, and although Kekoa couldn't tell she was observing him, he figured her thoughts were on something else. She poked his soft arm and that electric pulse of excitement shot up his spine. It was still terrifying to be close to someone who exuded such confidence. Even within the confinements of the Town of Beginnings, Kekoa could feel a slight danger. And then suddenly Jazmyne was bored. Kekoa laughed halfheartedly. He felt bad for a moment for the mother that had to raise her-- Kekoa frowned. What a thought. That mother would probably do anything to watch her daughter raise hell in the real world again. Jazmyne was fiery in here but on the other side, where things actually matter, she was just a soulless body in headgear. Kekoa nodded at the invitation. He was becoming quite acclimated to accepting the invitations of strangers. It was a common thing in most MMORPGs, but this was different for obvious reasons. He figured if she caused any real trouble, he could just run away. She couldn't be that much stronger than he, could she? Kekoa shrugged in his head; he's one for always bestowing the benefit of the doubt. He'd rather see the good than the bad, perhaps, but to him it was a subconscious effort to learn about and help everyone around him. It's a tiring biz.

Kekoa chewed his bottom lip as he thought of places that could possibly entertain this girl. "Well-- erm-- I actually haven't visited the second floor yet, and I was thinking of visiting today," Kekoa suggested. "Maybe we could head up there and complete a simple quest together or something?" He smirked. "Just this once we can partner up; y'know, since you're gonna beat me to the top and all.." Kekoa cackled like the typical anime-style rival on purpose. He liked making people laugh, and hopefully Jazmyne's outsides weren't too hard to not be softened by a goofy fifteen-year old.

Edited by Kekoa

Jazmyne paused, wondering if she should take up the proposed offer or not. She had mentioned being bored, which meant she wanted something to do, but didn't think that Kekoa would bring up anything, leaving herself to eventually decide for the both of them. But he had a good idea, a bit scary but that didn't change the fact that it sounded entertaining enough to cure her boredom. "Well now you won't be so lonely~" Jazmyne smiled, tugging on Kekoa's sleeve before grabbing his arm completely, holding onto the limb while tugging the boy. She hadn't had the chance to get used to physical touch yet, so whenever the sensation occurred it felt nice, and since Kekoa seemed pretty laid-back and accepting she held onto him. Of course that didn't stop her cheeks from being engulfed in a light hue of pink, but this time Jazmyne felt at ease with her actions. Though after a few slightly difficult steps, body heated, Jazmyne paused upon realization that she had no idea which direction the 2nd Floor was.

Letting go, she stepped away from Kekoa, both hands on her hips, eyes in search of possible hints showing where exactly to go. "Uh," She finally spoke up. "it's not that I don't know every inch of this Floor, I'm just wondering if you know where we're going. Just a test of capability, obviously. Can you pass it?" Not wanting to ask for help directly, Jazmyne tried her teasing tactics out on Kekoa to see if she could get what she wanted this way. The first person, Creius, had known. Maybe this time would be different...

The girl grabbed him again. She was rather physical, wasn't she? He laughed loudly as she pulled him along. It felt great being in such close proximity with someone for once. It seemed like every person he came in contact with was either a creep or a villain or just boring. This girl didn't seem to be any of those things, yet. He was just happy that he hadn't been rejected, actually. He thought back to the parties he had attempted to join but was rejected so they could add some cute girl instead. It bothered him at first, but then he remembered that, that's just how MMORPGs work. It seemed that their situation didn't really phase those players.

Kekoa smiled knowingly at the girl after she had tugged him along. It was apparent she didn't know where to go, but Kekoa figured he'd just play along. He was surprised, at first, that she didn't know actually, because she was heading in the right direction already. What was the sense in making a big deal, anyways? Only a douche would point out the girl's unknowing...ness... He nodded. "You're heading in the right direction. I believe it's a gate near the first floor's dungeon, but I could be wrong. You lead the way, since someone like me couldn't possibly know more than you," He giggled, winking. He figured it would be funny to watch her act like she knows where she's going. Everyone knows where the boss dungeon is, of course, but not many know the easiest way to get there. The Town of Beginnings is huge, and there are plenty of streets to get lost going down. He started to sweat, realizing this may just be a long day.

Ensuring that she took in every last bit of possibly valuable information, being ultimately disappointed in the end, Jazmyne held her head high before taking Kekoa's hand for what had to be the millionth time, dragging the boy along. Though she felt a bit nervous about traversing the Floor in search of a place that she had no idea of location-wise, and trembled a bit, tightening her grip as well as quickening the walking pace, guiding the two through the crowds with her new-found prowess of finding and make her way through numerous players bunched together. "Clearly." She huffed at last, flipping hair behind her shoulders, purposely hitting Kekoa with the thick strands in order to bother him for laughs. Jazmyne definitely didn't want anyone to ever figure out when she didn't know about something that she stated to, and would be completely embarrassed if she happened to screw things up.

Pulling Kekoa to a nearby fountain, Jazmyne hopped up onto the marble structure, letting go of the boy's hand, before walking around the edge, placing one foot before the other, eyes scanning the surroundings for a large gate. "Just-mmm-just m-making sure we're.. uh-Holy sh-!" The brunette had been going a bit quick, placing her boots over a wet spot near Kekoa, feet slipping from underneath her figure. Of course right before she fell into the waters, she wrapped both arms around Kekoa's neck, dragging him to doom with her. Because Jazmyne certainly wouldn't face such a situation alone, and she needed someone to blame, of course.

Kekoa wasn't surprised when the girl grabbed his again to pull him off. They dashed and darted through the chaos of the town, and narrowly avoided slamming in to the brick walls of alleys and such-- alleys, Kekoa might shamefully add, he recognized all too well. He chuckled when she whipped her hair back in his face... purposefully, maybe? He was impressed by the girl's attitude. She just launched herself forward without much hesitation. It seemed she was a pretty confident person, so Kekoa wouldn't be able to mess with her easily. It seemed he was the one being messed with. At least, until she suddenly halted at a large fountain and hopped up on it to search around. Kekoa giggled to himself. She wouldn't be able to see the gate for just another mile or so north. He started walking over to her as she mumbled something incoherent; but then all at once, she started to slip, grabbed him by his entire head, and fell backwards into the waters, yanking Kekoa in with her. They sunk in with a pathetic splash! and Kekoa could feel his face heating up, even in the icy waters of the fountain. It was surprisingly deep, being able to fully submerge Jazmyne on her back, and sink Kekoa in to his knees on top of her. He had clenched his eyes shut when they fell, but he opened his eyes, then, Jazmyne's pretty face showing through several tiny bubbles rising to the surface. He quickly moved away, wiggling out her grasp so he could come up for air. He gasped when his head flew out the water.

He shook his head like a puppy to get the water from off him, and then extended a hand back to the water where Jazmyne was. He reached in to the bright blue and grabbed her arm, dragging her up from in the deep pool to on the edge of the fountain so she could sit. Kekoa could feel the eyes of passing players on them both, and a couple handsome men laughing hardily from a nearby shop. He wanted to jump back in and sink to the bottom, he was so embarrassed. "Jazmyne.." He whined, "Why'd you have to pull me in?" He made a purposefully pouty face as he asked. 

((OOC: SORRY FOR THE LATE REPLY OMG I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THE NOTIF))

"Why didn't you catch me?" She grumbled in response before climbing out of the fountain. To her that'd been an extremely scary experience, and in return she eagerly flipped off the group of nearby men who'd decided what they'd seen had been humorous. Nothing about what just happened was worth laughing over! Or so Jazmyne thought, heart pounding against her tightened chest. Only a few seconds earlier she'd been bent over, clutching her chest while gasping for air, thoughts jumbled together incoherently. And only a few seconds after THAT she'd been underneath water, choking and drowning and wondering if that would be her cause of death. A pathetic, awful death caused by her own faulty actions. Not in an ocean or lake, but in a fountain which would basically be equivalent to drowning by falling face-first into a puddle. Sighing, running both hands through her slick hair, frown imminent on the creased features of her usually laid-back facial expression, Jazmyne began walking once more. Though her body was currently in the process of unnaturally drying at a quick speed due to game mechanics, the brunette shivered and even began trembling. She only turned to glare daggers into Kekoa's own eyes before lightly adding a, "Let's go". Clearly Jazmyne was fed up with him already as she ensured the distance between them stayed far. For now, at least. Because honestly she would really love someone to hang onto again.

Spoiler

OOC:

That's okay, yo. Late, bad, and short reply b/c my first got deleted. Let's go punch rocks >:)

"You're so harsh, Jazmyne," Kekoa giggled as they continued to walk. He didn't let the girl bother him, as it was apparent she experienced many different moods in a short span of time. He hopes he could get back in to her good graces by the end of this quest but even if he didn't, it seemed she was still willing to work with him. He followed behind her quick as he could, as she made it a point to walk pretty far ahead of him. They had to begin ducking through crowds again but then eventually they had reached their destination. A gate that led to a small pasture with a large hill on Floor 2. He rushed ahead to stand by Jazmyne's side. "So, you really did know the way..?" Kekoa teased with a knowing look. He stepped forward so he was right in front of the gate. "Let's go, yea? Race you to the top of the hill on the next floor!" Kekoa laughed and then slipped through the gooey portal.

When he arrived on the other side, he could see the hill off in the distance. It seemed so far away from where the gate stood. Good thing he had the jump on Jazmyne, then. She is not going to like this. Kekoa giggled to himself and then began jogging towards the hill. They were going to defeat this quest.

• 3 weeks later...

"Maybe you're just sensitive." She teased Kekoa in response, not being able to hold in a comeback no matter the situation. Though there wasn't much speaking after that thus Jazmyne believed she had won. Or maybe she talked too quietly. Jazmyne had honestly been a bit taken back when the two of them reached the gate that lead to Floor 2. She hadn't even known the way but fate seemed to have good plans in store for her judging by the rolling hills of the new location in the distance. The brunette flipped her hair, turning her head so Kekoa couldn't see her blush or furrowed brows in obvious embarrassment mixed with annoyance. "Duh. You're just mad because I know more than you so stop trying." 

Her eyes widened and head jerked forward due to Kekoa's proposition and quick movement. She hadn't even gotten the chance to begin the race alongside her companion before he sped off. "What a cheater..." Jazmyne huffed, brushing her long hair back before pushing herself forward, long legs beginning to pump in order for her speed to pick up. What an annoying hill, of course there had to be one. Hills were always a bother during running or even walking both ways because going up is hard and going down is difficult. By the time Jazmyne reached Kekoa her breath hitched inside her throat, chest heaving up and down as she panted heavily in a fashion similar to a dog. Despite being rather fit and in shape Jazmyne felt herself getting extremely tired in a short amount of time. "That wasn't even fair." Jazmyne huffed, both hands on her hips as she continued to mouth-breath, stepping next to her companion. "Where's this quest, partner?" She questioned, brown eyes locking with Kekoa's own. "I can take on anything, y'know, you're pretty lucky to have me." Jazmyne boasted with pride lacing her tone, smug grin plastered onto her face.