[PP-F4] A Chilly Knight <<Avalanche>> (Nikodemus_Blackwood & Avilon)

Solaire had just finished preparing what little gear he had for a new quest of which he was about to partake in. The german knight, Nikodemus, had mentioned another quest which he and a friend could help with just to help him further along and Solaire did not mind the help at all. He knew he had to be prepared so he was doing his best to suppress his pride and deal with it. Solaire had looked into the quest and knew a bit about the monster which they had to defeat and honestly had no clue why he was going along with the mission. He would be lucky to leave a scratch on the thing with the toothpick of a weapon that he had but Nikodemus had said everything would be alright. Generally, Solaire would listen to those above him, especially when they had a whole lot more experience than he did. Just a part of dealing with the court life, no matter how high you were there was someone higher than you and you listened to that higher up. With a sigh, he stood up and looked around the town that he was in. Snowfrost town he believed it to be called. It was really cold here but he did not mind terribly so, it got cold in Scotland quite often and one just got used to it. Solaire brought his hand up and then swiped it down to access his menus then went to the messenger and made a quick message to his party members, letting them know where to come meet him so they could conquer this challenge.

Recepients: Nikodemus_Blackwood; Avilon

Subject: Avalanche

I have arrived at Snowfrost Town good sirs and request your presence. Meet me at the teleportation plaza so that we can begin our journey.

Ad Victoriam,

Giant Dad

Sender: Giant Dad

Edited by Giant Dad

Avilon rubbed her eyes as she was wandering through the town of Snowfrost her mind racing with thoughts as she couldn't fully contemplate what was happening today, however a message from an unknown player with Nikodemus among the participants was sent her way. "Solaire, who is this?" She said talking to herself now as she heard that this was a request to help a fellow adventurer out clapping her hands she began to do a jig, a jaunty jig that involved her realizing people needed her aid. "I will be right there mister!" She shouted rushing out from the inn quickly dancing her fingers across her own menu as she had become quite experienced now since the last event she participated in. As she slipped out from the inn she was dressed in her elegant ebony armor and tower shield exposed as a crucifix as she now glanced around, "Ok, so the they said to meet them in town?" She spoke  now glancing around and strolling as she began typing up a message to help indicate to the man what she looked like as she was rather obvious to see. "Excuse me I don't know exactly what you look like but if you see a girl wandering through the streets heavily armored with a towershield then that is me. ^-^"

Walking through the teleport gate in the town of Snowfrost, Nikodemus stretched his arms and then began heading toward where he saw Astora. Approaching the man, he then gave a curt bow and looked around for a moment before speaking. "Guten Abend Herr Astora. I received your message and came as soon as i was able. I see we shall be dealing with the large snow cone on this floor. Shouldn't be to much of an issue." With that, Nikodemus looked about for Avilon. Not seeing her, he looked at the large black raven on his shoulder and then whispered to it. With a whistle, it took flight and began to search for her throughout the town at a safe height. Once it found her, it was tasked to get her attention nicely and then bring her to them.

Solaire had been waiting eagerly for either of his companions to arrive. He did not know this Avilon person but Nikodemus trusted her so that was plenty. When he received a message to just look for some woman in heavy armour and wielding a kite shield he did indeed look for such a woman to travel past the teleport plaza but he did not see any. The first companion to arrive, as Solaire had expected, was Nikodemus. Solaire nodded slightly to the bow, "Guten abend." Solaire watched as Nikodemus spoke to his raven and sent it away after a brief search, presumably for Avilon. He could not wait to meet this woman who was apparently another tank, that would be interesting to see. "Thanks so much for rushing out here sir knight, I am glad to be in your company once more. Please tell, how are you fairing recently? All is well I would hope." Solaire looked over Nikodemus, satisfied with what he saw. Once again he would be greatly pleased to have such a fine soldier fighting by his side. This "snowcone" as he put it would stand little chance under their righteous blades. With the added help of Avilon, as long as she truly was an addition, the fight would be easy. He was always glad to have a capable troop with him, especially in this game where his strength was defined by a computer.

Avilon now stood there mewling rather awkwardly in the snowy streets of the city wishing she had some sort of sign, suddenly though a crow flew down landed on her shoulder gave her gentle peck on the cheek as if a kiss. She giggled and then gently booped the beak as it now flew back to it's owner, a bit confused by this rather polite raven she slowly followed it toward the teleport platform before seeing a familiar face. "Niko-chan and friend!" She shouted now sprinting through the snow and pouncing upon the knight at first giving him a warm embrace before now turning to Solaire and hopping down and onto him her arms and bosom enveloping the newcomer as well. "Hello to you as will now sweety I heard about the quest in the snow although I never expected I would see you here Nik-Nak." Avilon giggled and looked between the two of them before wrapping her arms behind her back and smiling. "Shall we?"

"I have been fairing well. Busy in my shop with orders. Word of a new event coming, and the finish of the last boss will mean that one of the front line scouts will be searching for the next boss room. I wanted to get as many things done as I could. I also have had... Other things going on." With that, Nikodemus turned and saw the jet black raven soar around a corner. Just behind it, the young tank was following it as he had hoped. As Typhus came to land on his shoulder, it cawed once and then took interest watching the players gathered. As Avilon approached, Nikodemus gave a curt bow. "Guten Abend Mamzel Avilon. I came to help Herr Astora here at his request. I have dealt with this boss before, so I figured it would be a good idea to come along. I am glad to see you are doing well. I am ready when everyone else is. I prepared for everything before arriving,"

Solaire listened as the knight informed him of the busy shop and the various events around Aincrad. This event, though, he would have to look into this later and see if he could get involved. Solaire turned his attention to the crow as it flew in and a young woman ran in, dressed in full armor and with her shield in hand. He guessed this to be Avilon, the tank whom Nikodemus had invited along on the quest. He bowed to the knightess, "Good day to you, Lady Avilon." Standing up straight Solaire nodded as Nikodemus mentioned if everyone was ready. He could feel the weight of his large sword on his back and that was all that he had to prepare. He was as ready as he would ever be so he turned to Avilon. "Whenever you are ready to depart then, I am prepared for the coming quest as well."

Avilon bounced in place and began to shudder at the snow all about them her hands smoothing rubbing past one another to produce the expected friction needed to keep warm. "Well we might as well get onto this little adventure then as far as I can tell," she smiled now glancing over to Solaire and bowing as he greeted her quite kindly. "I must admit, it's great to see friendlier faces again ... life has been interesting now since I have been dealing with more and more events, quests and overall people. I'm afraid frankly of what next is to come." She sighed her face tilting down as she was quite terrified of what the future had to come her hands now slipping down into her pant pockets as the towering shield disappeared along with her sword for now. "I'm ready whenever," she spoke softly.

Hearing the two speak, Nikodemus listened and nodded. "I am ready to go. The snow fields aren't too far out, and the last time I encounter Marshmallow, he was out near a frozen lake in the middle of the fields. His spawn may have changed since then, but Herr Astora should have a clear marker to him." With that, he tried to smile slightly. He took interest in the Shield Maidens somber air and wondered if he should ask about it. As the group began to move on, he nudged the jet black raven on his shoulder and whispered to it. Once he was done, the bird flapped it's wings twice and then  took flight and soared high above the tree line and almost out of sight. He knew the bird would return if it saw anything of interest, but he was more focused on the duo he was with.

While they were walking, Solaire smiled warmly as Avilon seemed to be down and stepped forward, clapping her soundly on the shoulder and held onto her lightly. "Well, I might be weak right now and my advice may mean little, but if the real world holds any sway in this one then you have nothing to fear. As long as you keep your blade sharp and your mind sharper you will be fine. If anything, come to me and you will always have an available shield-brother by your side ready to join you where ever you go." Solaire maintained his wide smile, trying to impart some confidence into the small tank who seemed to be having a bit of a rough time. That was one thing he did not wish for within his party and if he could solve it he would. "Sir Nikodemus, do you have any advice for me on this monster? I appreciated what you said for the large wasp we took down and would appreciate any more you might have. Will there be smaller monsters such as those tiny wasps to worry about?" He looked over his shoulder at the knight who was following, a bright curiosity in his eyes at the chance for any insider information on the coming enemy.

@Avilon

Edited by Giant Dad

As she stood there sighing and rolling upon her feet she stopped noticing as the other male was now approaching her with a rather startling smile. Avilon softly gave a faint one herself as she then nodded, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well although I must admit I am still rather useless myself as I'm a weak new tank and Nikodemus has far more experience when it comes to fighting at this point. Most every battle I have been left int he dust by most of those who have helped me to this point. As for the monsters I suggest you stay behind as I or Niko both gather the hate of the monsters before attacking them. Last time I did it though I didn't end up fighting anything but a queen could be different with three of us?" 

Moving through the snow Nikodemus listened to Avilon as she summed the battle up. "Basically no. No other monsters. just Marshmallow. I found some other Ice Elementals around to play with when I first went through this, but it is normally just Marshmallow. It shouldn't be too hard either. No mit or weird status effects or abilities like the <<Snow Beast>> on this floor. Like Avilon said, Just stay behind us while one of us gains hate, and then we'll most likely chip it into snowcone slush in a manner of minutes." Walking further through the snow fields, he kept an eye out for the tale tale signs of the field boss. A large Ice crag sitting along in the midst of a snowy field or icy lake. "To be honest, I am sure either I or Avilon have a powerful enough Sword Art to bring Marshmallow down in one hit."

Solaire nodded slightly as he was told to stay in the back once again and let the others deal with the boss. Sensible enough, though he held his doubts on whether he would wait long enough. He wanted to smite beasts with his righteous blade and it was hard to do that from afar. However, he would most definitely do his best to stay back a bit and let them take the brunt of the force. It was not an honourable tactic but probably necessary for the low health that he had. Solaire led his small party out into the ice fields and walked for a bit, wondering just what this boss would look like. He felt a slight thud and looked around and, sure enough, there was one mighty monster. It stood quite a few metres tall and was made solidly of ice. It had to be the field boss that he was searching for which meant a fight was most likely imminent. "Is that Marshmallow, as you called it?" Solaire took his two-handed weapon off his back and gripped it tightly in his strong hands, ready to approach and carve some ice.

Avilon listened to Nikodemu now referring to their opponent with a rather gentle name, "Marshmallow." Avilon's face squinted as a giggle escaped her lips now nodding rather amused by this nickname Nikodemus handed it. "Yup, most mob bosses like this are quite simply a single 3v1 match up from what I have seen. Although with some of the stronger level players I have noticed that most of them a capable of one shotting these weaker level bosses." Shuffling in pursuit of her compatriots as she now looked forward into the snow. The females arms now wrapping about herself as she shivered, "M-maybe I should start wearing an extra layer of clothing underneath all this armor as I can already feel the it freezing."

Seeing the direction Astora pointed, Nikodemus' gaze set upon a rather large pillar of ice sitting alone in a snow field. Nodding softly, Nikodemus took his axe out and smiled. "Yes, that is Marshmallow. Soon as we get close, he'll stand up and be ready to attack. Minute you see him begin to move Astora, hop behind Avilon and me. Avilon, do you wanna take the first hit? Or defer that to me and keep between me and the overgrown snowcone and Astora so if it swings a bit further than I can stop, it wont hit him?" Looking to the shield maiden, he smirked and then tilted his head. "Your cold? I guess not everyone is like Mack and I. This floor is nice compared to floors 5 and 9... Too hot in my opinion." Readying his shield, Nikodemus took a deep breath in and set his sights on the field boss as the group approached it carefully, waiting for it to come active at any moment.

• 1 month later...

Solaire nodded as Sir Blackwood gave him a plan that he should follow. He knew he was a bit weak so waiting behind and watching would be best, just as he had recommended. He hopped to learn a bit more from this field boss fight on how the system worked since that knowledge very well could save him in the future. Especially if he desired to reach the point to where he could be one of those players who one shot these bosses, which he most definitely did. As they walked he intentionally missed a few strides so that the two tanks were already in front of him, thinking it was best to be prepared before the battle commenced than trying to move when things started happening. When the mention of the cold was brought up Solaire couldn't help but smile. "I must agree with you Sir Blackwood, I enjoy this rather freezing weather. Reminds me of the winters from my homeland which is always comforting to be reminded of in such a situation." Solaire waited for the field boss to move as the group slowly approached, the glories of battle and the desire for victory starting to build up in him already. He would have to keep his cool so as to not get himself killed, but staying his blade from a fight was not something he was particularly fond of.