[PP-F1] Broken Minds (Nikodemus)

It was near midnight, the lights illuminated the main walkways of the Town of Beginnings. This was the perfect time for Shino to stalk her prey. She hid in the shadows waiting for someone to pass by the ally she was in. At last someone came within arms reach "This is the end" she said gritting her teeth as she pulled a helpless woman into the ally. The woman had no time to react as Shino plunged her dagger into the womans torso repeatedly, leaving bright holes of orage pixels in her. Shino checked the girl's eyes and stood up. "Damn, it was an NPC." The girl's body exploded into shards of information as Shino walked away into the light. "What a bore, no panic or anything." She looked around in search of a better target to no avail. So she sat down on a bench and waited.

The armored giant rarely left his shop anymore without his armor and shield equipped. He was not one to chance it even on floor 1. Moving through the lantern lit streets, Nikodemus looked about for anything to do, even help people. He had put his plans into action and had been helping as many people as he could, and the other part of his plan was in the works. Moving around a corner, Nikodemus watched a player skulking in the shadows and then move to a bench. Moving towards where she stood, Nikodemus could see the faint trail of pixels still. Gripping his axe, he stepped into view.

OOC: I asked @ShinoTenshi permission to join. :3

Wandering the streets of the town of beginnings, the wanderer spots a familiar face off in the distance. At a closer look, it was Nikodemus_Blackwood, a player who often groups up with the wanderer and common customer of The Wandering Soul. He seemed distraught and has a lot on his mind. Wanting to see what's wrong, the wanderer began to staunter at his direction when Niko suddenly began to stride into the darkness. "Just what is going on in his head?" Curious, the wanderer followed.

After a few seconds of following. Niko stops into the light glaring at what seems to be a young woman sitting on a bench. The wanderer stay in the shadows still curious on what's to occur.

Edited by Rain

While on the bench she looked to where she killed the NPC. A large dark figure came into view. Shino's eyelids drooped halfway in dissappointment. "Is there only one of you? Here I thought the justice league travelled in groups." She stood up from the bench and pulled her dagger from its sheath located at the bottom of her back, "I suggest you turn around and pretend you never saw anything." She aimed her dagger at the figure, "Or I'll take my time with you instead." She looked passed the figure noticing something moving. "Thats more like it" she thought to herself.

Edited by ShinoTenshi

Within his helmet, Nikodemus quirked an eyebrow. "You realize that I am not only fully armored, but from the looks of your gear, your not too leveled. I would give you a run for your money little one." Growling, Nikodemus unsheathed his axe and held his shield up. "If you wish to play, then come. I may be an Orange player and insane, but I do not turn a blind eye to crime." His armor was large and ornate, the black and rust color blending with shadows. His icy blue eyes glared at the player through his helmet, and high above a jet black raven with azure eyes flew over the town of beginnings and cawed.

"Who was this woman Niko's talking to? Why is she even being hunted down? Especially by someone like Niko?" This woman intrigue the wanderer. Wanting to take a closer look he slowly creeps closer and closer. As he gets closer, he can fairly make up what they're saying... "Groups.. Take my time with you... Niko! Don't tell me that she's... she's a prostitute?!?!" The wanderer's mind grew ever more confused. His eyes squinted with intrigue and a slight smirk popped on his face. A prostitute in SAO, now that's a first. He crept ever more closer, he needs more info.

Edited by Rain

The man's words struck Shino. "Did you just call me little?" She then raised her voice, "You'll be lucky I dont slice you from balls to chin for that one." Shino looked around, she knew that in the real world she would win but here HP is what matters. She closed her eyes to think for a second. Then it came to her, her means of escape. She took steps toward the man and sheathed her weapon again. She raised her hands above her head, and as she came within 5 feet of the man she screamed. "Somebody help! This brute is trying to rape me!" Shino threw herself at the mans feet and smirked at him knowing she has concerned at least a few people in the area. She continues to scream for help. "Come on, the guy behind him should at least do something. That'll buy time for more people to come."

Watching the young player move towards him, Nikodemus wondered what she was doing. As she threw herself on her feet and began screaming rape, Nikodemus breath caught in his throat. "What the-- Get up you verdammt trull! I am in 200 lbs of armor that is hermetically sealed. Anyone who knows me knows I couldnt get out of this without force unequipping it." Stepping back, he put a boot just beneath the young girl's shoulder and then lifted it, rolling her back and away from him. "Foolish. If I were any other Orange Player, insane or not, you'd be gone." Looking around, Nikodemus finally caught notice of a shadow. "Whoever you are, come out please. Do not mind the girl... She's.... Odd."

Looks the the jig is up. The wanderer still isn't trained in hiding in the shadow. Perhaps one day, but today isn't that day. 

With a devious smirk on his face, he slowly stepped out of the shadows. The jet black steel blade of Bakuzan hung from his shoulders ready to devour. His eyes were sharper than they normally are. The whole attitude about him seemed... different. His callous eyes studied the woman on the ground trying to escape what would seem like an impossible situation. "Nice try missy, but I'm not exactly what you'd call, friendly to people like you." Looking over at Niko, his attitude changed again. "Sup Niko." Then he glared back at the "victim."

"Damn now there's two of them." Shino thought for a new plan of escape "... nothing significant... unless.. Ugh this is gonna suck." Shino approached the two men in a rather flirtatious way. "What will it take for one of you to protect me from the other? I assure you Im of age if you wanted to ask." She walked closer to the men and wrapped herself around the one without armor. "How about it sweetheart? Care for this deal?" Shino carressed her finger along his face "One little fight for the time of your life." She winked at him and glared at the other, "Vigilantes are the worst. Such a waste of my time."

Seeing Rain step out of the shadows, Nikodemus smirked. "Sup Rain. Good to see you tonight. I was just out looking for any low level players who needed help when I noticed the remnants of data floating off. Followed it and noticed this one. Seems we have another mental case on out hands. Unlike me though, she seems to be on the more malicious side." Looking back at the girl, he let the smile fade from his face. Watching he walk to Rain, Nikodemus sighed as she began flirting openly and offering herself to him if they fought. "Listen her little girl... That gent there is my friend and personal Alchemist. He knows me, and I him. I doubt your gonna get your way, even though your probably used to that. It's gonna be quite a shock to you when you try this game with the wrong people and they end up hanging you from some tree outside the safezone by your neck with a sword in your chest, leaving you to die painfully. You must be behind, but there are a lot of bad people around now a days, and they seem to multiply like rabbits daily. I've had my fair share of run ins with the lot they run with." Spitting at the thought of the assassination attempt on Oikawa and the failed attacks on other frontliners by wanna be Laughing Coffin initiates, Nikodemus felt his stomach turn. "Now why the hell are you killing NPCs huh? You one of those Laughing Coffin wanna bes? Miss Opal has sworn to skin anyone personally who tries to smeer their not so good name... and she makes even some of the frontliners quake in terror. Someone like you would be her personal play toy until you bled your HP out and died on her."

OOC: this jet lag's messing with me. -_-

The wanderer digs his hands in between him and the woman and peels off the woman on him who seems to be desperately trying to get out of this situation. Finally pulling her off, he glares at her while he keeping his smirk on his face. "Sorry to disappoint you, but I've already got someone, so that won't necessarily work on me." The wanderer tried to bluff her into giving up. Although a bluff, his bluff had some partial truth. There is someone the wanderer is somewhat interested in, but that entire relationship is up in the fly.

Her attempts at trying to escape, is starting to become laughable, but commendable. She's resilient. She doesn't know when to give up and when to surrender. "How about just giving up now? We can put you on trial for homicide."

Edited by Rain

The armorless vigilante managed to push Shino away from him. In a way, she was hoping he would. "This guy isnt my type anyway. Just from him trying to put me on trial is more than enough for me to decide that." She looked to the armored giant next to her and spoke, "I dont FEAR anything. The only worry I have is that I dont kill anyone else." She gave a disappointed look to them both and fantasized before smiling in a deranged way and began speaking again, "Do you know what it feels like? Watching all hope fade from someone's face, light leaving their eyes while they struggle in panic. You cant say it doesnt interest you in the least." Shino started laughing meniacally as she thought of all her past crimes. "You are an orange player, you must have some idea of what Im talking about."

"Foolish girl! I am an orange player not because I enjoy killing people. I am an Orange player because a man betrayed his own blood, he brother to thieves like a worthless cur. I abhor dishonesty and betrayal. So, in a moment of rage I slew the traitor. I do not regret slaying the pathetic whelp. I only regret that my friend Hydra was involved in it and became an Orange player too. I take no pleasure in this death game girl. I only do what I must to survive it so I can return home to my wife! Your no better than those Laughing Coffin wanna be initiates who run through the lower floors and try to hurt people to gain Opal's favor." Looking to Rain, Nikodemus had to bite back his fury. "Trial eh? You think anyone will be willing to do it?"

"There's always Knights of the Blood Oath, I'm sure vice-commander Mack could oversee the trial. Although, this seems something more petty. She's doesn't even have levels yet. And killing her would only make you look as bad they are. But you're right though Niko, she's no better than Laughing Coffin wannabees. But never go as deep as them into the madness. Once you fall, there's no turning back" The wanderer's eyes had changed. He looked calmer than ever before. Sudden his face lit up, as if remembering something. "Speaking of Laughing Coffin, did you hear about that white hair guy that went crazy awhile ago back here in the Town of Beginning gates? He kept claiming that he's part of laughing coffin. I don't know.. that was the last I heard of laughing coffin though before tonight anyways. You talking about it just jogged my memory."

OOC: for reference sake http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/11950-f1-op-rise-of-the-laughing-coffin

Edited by Rain

Shino felt almost as though she were being ignored with the two talking about Laughing Coffin so much. "I would kill them so quickly in the real world.. no need to remind them. But I do need them to drop their superhero act so I can get away." She looked at the two back and forth as the talked about the guild she was invited to. "Its strange how you make jokes about laughing coffin when their recruiters come to me every now and then. But I wouldnt worry about it, I kill simply for joy. And if I cant kill real players, what good would a trial do? Besides.. NPCs respawn. Im not hurting anyone." "In this case." she thought behind a week smile. She crossed her arms and tapped her foot with impatience, "What do you say Iron Man?"

Hearing of the incident with the strange man screaming about being with Laughing Coffin made his blood boil. "I heard rumors... But I assumed it was just more nonsense. I have seen the true initiates Opal has with her most times. They attacked Lawfer, Ventus, and I. Had Lawfer not been there, I am sure Ventus and I would have died by Opal's hands. The foolish initiates with her were just that. Fools. Distractions to occupy Ventus and I while she attacked Lawfer. They were but cannon fodder." Looking to the girl, Nikodemus grunted at the 'Iron Man' comment. "As for you. Just because they are NPC's, doesn't mean they don't feel or matter. I think you being stuck in this game is the best thing to happen to the outside world if your this verdammt mental outside."

As Niko and the wanderer talked among themselves and Shino was nearby trying to justify her killing of NPCs, the wanderer spots a red streak across a dark alleyway. "How did you come to find this woman again? You said, 'red streak of pixels'? I just spotted another one down that alleyway." He pointed to the direction when suddenly, the wanderer's face grew gloom. "Don't tell me there's more of her." Turning furiously towards, Shino. "How many are with you?" He angry walked towards her and grabs her by the collar. "How many?! Talk!" The thought of more innocent people angered the wanderer. Although NPC, they are still considered living in this world.

Shino was not impressed with what the armored man had to say. "What do you mean? Killing an NPC is killing a computer program essencially right? So killing them is no different than smashing a calculator. Feelings are only felt by the living sweetheart." Just after finishing, the unarmored one questioned her frantically. She knew there was one other murderer standing by, but out of respect for her joy of killing didnt desire to run into him. Shino was shaken by the guy that was feet away from her a moment ago, "Hey get your hands off me creep!" She spotted her next opening for escape, "Hah! Maybe the recruiters got some help from their higher ups. Im curious as to what Opal will do with you if you dont let me go quietly." Finally breaking free, the psychopath glared at them. "Its your choice if you wanna stick around and die."

"You really are young and naive aren't you. A program is a collection of data and electronic signals, set to do things, like repeat tasks, speak, remember things, and so on. Humans are the same foolish girl. We're all just electrons and neurons, random data and electronic signals. Also, this isn't just some game. This game is state of the art. It grows as we do, it thinks like we do. Do you think the Enemy mobs and NPCs scream because that is in their programming? No. They wouldn't be programmed to scream because that is an evolved trait. This game is more advanced than some petty shooter or fantasy game from the early 2010's girl. There are things here that think, speak, and do the same things as humans! AND THEY MATTER!" Hearing Rain speak of the other data trails, Nikodemus turned and looked where he was pointing. "Yea. I came across one. I set my familiar to keep watch and crow if it saw anything.... So either she killed some through other means and their data just expired... Or there are people in the shadows that my familiar cannot detect."

Looking to the girl, he smirked maliciously. "Like Opal would care about a low leveled whelp like you girl. She'd rather let her Imp have it's way with you than consider you anything worth her time." Looking at the red data vanishing, Nikodemus sighed and bit back a dark curse. "Scheisse. Come on Rain. Let her go. She'll end up on the wrong side of someone else soon enough and will be but small fragments of data." With that, Nikodemus turned and departed off in the opposite direction. With a shrill whistle. he tapped his left shoulder plate hard. The sound of large wings was heard, and a jet black raven the size of a Great Dane swooped down over the trio, then took perch on the armored giants shoulder. It's large azure eyes burned with an eerie fire of their own. Those eyes were the only thing seen as the armored giant blended with shadows and vanished

Edited by Nikodemus_Blackwood