[PP-F1] Slowly progressing...some more. (Adhaerere, Verus) COMPLETE

He pulled the menu over to the ever-curios Adhaerere, who was literally crawling over him to see where he would spend his points. He laughed and showed her where he had been pooling all of his skill points into. "All of the points I have have been put into perfecting my Rapier skill." He showed here the now 7 points that were allotted to the skill progression. "Six more points and i'll be doing a good amount more damage then what i'm doing now." He grinned and sheathed his sword, making sure not to get hit in the head with her huge axe. It was true that it would take dozens of more boars to gather enough gold to buy just one decent item, but he was prepared to go through the process. They had twelve health a piece now; a good amount to play around with at these low levels. He was siked, but showed no emotional other than his simple grin that he always wore. Verus patted off the leftover dust on his pants legs and stretched out his back, looking around a bit. He noticed that she still had a red pixelated gash on her stomach, and was somewhat intrigued. "You alright there? Seem to be fake-bleeding a little bit." He started to poke at her stomach a little bit, pulling back just to check if he got any new Sword Arts. "Nah, I got nothing. What about you?"

Edited by trenttrent20

"Don't poke me, you beast. You're worse than a boar." She swatted at his hand, giggling. "I'll be fine. It seems like we heal really quickly." As he found out he got no new sword arts, she pouted, and then went to her menu to check. She double checked, and may have triple checked. "I didn't get any either."The frown was evident on her face. "I was looking forward to that." She abruptly shut her menu, crossing her arms and leaning all her weight on one leg, a posture that would become very familiar to Verus over the course of their journey. "Let's go kill something else." 

As she had guessed, not much time had passed until she was back at full health again. The 12 in the corner of her screen made her happy. They had been hunting for only a few days, and already they had progressed. It dispelled the sadness of the lack of new Sword Arts. Soon, she spotted another boar. "Woo, another. C'mon." She seemed to say that a lot. Adhae was always in a hurry, and always assumed the others weren't keeping up. 

This boar was obviously bigger than the others. Adhae though it appropriate, as they both were getting stronger. But it was still slightly daunting, walking straight at something that could very easily gore her to death. She hesitated in her step, pulled her battleaxe over her shoulder, and charged the bull like she had that first time, letting the sound of her feet hitting the ground drown her misgivings. 

ID: 61346

BD: 6
MD: 5

The distance that the boar missed her by was startlingly close. It still gave Adhae a rush of adrenaline when she got a close call like that. Unlike the past few times, however, she was ready to retaliate. Her Sword Art activated, she chopped into the running boar's front end, smacking it and stopping it in its tracks. There was that satisfying thunk again, and the force of the shockwave sent after it. Adhae grinned, and didn't let her guard down this time.

Used Skill "Whirlwind" - 2x1 - (2 Energy)

Damage Dealt / Received (Boar and Adhaerere)

Boar: Health: 6/6 (-3 [1 MIT]) = 3/6

Adhaerere: Health 12/12 (-0) = 12/12

He watched as her expressions rapidly changed and thought it was slightly funny. A small chuckle escaped him before she went on and on about various other topics. The one he picked out of the batch though was one about fighting again. He was feeling pretty confident after his last skill landed, and was pretty eager to go try it again. The level up brought about some much needed health, but then again any addition to his health was pretty great. They had a good amount of health to go and take on a slightly harder animal, hopefully getting a little more Col from it than the last boar they killed. 

Adhae had spotted a seemingly larger boar out in the distance. It's black matte fur made it fairly easy to pick out, and it had sizable tusks for a low level creature. As soon as we were in decent range of the animal, she charged forward without giving a notice. He grunted and started to run slightly after her. There was only a glimpse of the boar missing and Adhae's attack landing before Verus had run around to the side and activated his own Sword Art.

ID# 61344 results:

Battle: 9

Loot: 18

Boar: -1/6 (-4)

Verus: 12/12

Energy: 1/3

His rip rivine skillshot left a bright purple V from in the creature but only lasted seconds until it disintegrated. "Easy." He muttered, standing fully straight up. "Nice work shrimp, next time don't run in there without telling me first."

She slung her axe over her shoulder, and grinned sheepishly. "Sorry, I got impatient. Nice hit though, was that a crit?" She eyed the particles that floated into the air, reaching out her hand to try to catch one. It didn't work. "These sword skills really are cool. I think we can grind through a bunch more really quickly. I only need to level up, get three more points, get that armour level, and I can buy that chestplate." She turned back to him. "I'll let you know when I'm going in next time. Sorry." She started walking again, looking around. She pulled up her menu and checked the Col she had collected on their adventures so far, sighing softly at how little she had. "420 Col. Just 1080 more until that chestplate," She mumbled, just loud enough for Verus to hear her. It was a little discouraging, but they were getting Col at least relatively quickly. It was an Uncommon Tier 2 chestpiece, so she didn't assume it would be easy. But maybe a little easier.

After not much more walking, she spotted another lone animal. They had made their way around several more groups of them, searching for a lone one to spawn. Now she had spotted one, she turned back to Verus, and smiled. "I'm going to fight that thing now. Follow me if you wish, squirt." She then turned and walked towards it again, repeating the same thing she'd done those times before, walking towards it and waiting for it to come to try to dodge its rush. 

ID: #61350

BD: 5
MD: 1

She certainly was ready for it to rush her, but she wasn't prepared for it to fall flat on its face right in front of her battleaxe. Since she had been anticipating the rush into its path, she missed, swinging clear of the boar's face. She growled in anger, the sword skill and the energy wasted.

He took note of her Col comment and did a slight nod without really showing it. He would be willing to give her all the Col he had if it meant he would have a human shield to hide behind. That alone is worth far much more. "It was a crit alright, I felt a surge of power flow through my arm as I struck the thing." It was a very satisfying feeling, slightly tingly that gave a decent headrush. Maybe he'd turn into a critical hit based player and max up all his special skills. However, he had no idea where he was going with his play style. All he knew is that he was going to get damned good with a Rapier.

"Did you just call me squirt?" Verus drew his sword and followed in after her, in the same attack pattern that they had done for the animal prior. However, this time both she and the beast had missed each other. "Lets go Adhae!" He stopped for a moment and watched as the beast fell flat right in front of the two. There was a slight moment of confusion that went through Verus's head, wondering whether it was dead or just tripped or something. It made a slight squeal and immediately he plunged his sword at it. "Rip Rivine!"

ID# 61353 results:

Battle: 6

Verus:12/12

Energy: 1/3 

Boar: 3/3

"This is good. You'll have to get used to killing things while they target me." She tactfully ignored his comment about her calling him squirt, smirked, and prepared to receive the hit from the boar, but it charged towards Verus. This confused her a lot, but she realized that she hadn't actually hit the thing. It must target whoever hits it most? Or first? She had no idea, but she did know it was headed straight towards her companion. She ran towards it, but wasn't in time to save Verus from taking the damage. 

ID: #61356

BD: 10
MD: 7

LD: 4

It wasn't a horrible hit, just like all the other ones that the boars had dealt. But this made Adhae angry, seeing her companion injured. It ignited a rage in her and she hurtled towards the beast, bringing her axe over her head and slashing it down, in the middle of the boar's back. It split it clean in half, where it froze and poufed into thousands of particles. Adhae was left breathing heavily, with her battleaxe stuck in the soil beneath them. 

Damage Dealt / Received (Boar, Verus, and Adhaerere)

Boar: Health: 3/6 (-3 [1 MIT]) = 0/6

Verus: Health 12/12 (-3) = 9/12

The boar struck his side, knocking him int the ground and driving one of its tusks slightly into his shoulder. "Son of a..." he muttered before half of a boars body fell on top of him. Adhae had managed to cut the beast into two pieces, the front end falling onto him before it disappeared into red coded particles. "Thanks for giving me that...special moment with a boar carcass." He picked himself up and poked at his own wound, trying to see if it would hurt anymore. It was not too bad, but still was a decent amount of pain. The good news is that he would regen all that health up in a few seconds, as it only did a fourth of his total health points. His sword was covered in dirt, and he began to wipe it against his pants to try and clean it off. "Filthy thing smelled awful, like its mouth was probably a foot away from mine and I felt like I could taste it." He grinned and gently knocked her axe with his sword, nodding to her. "That was a pretty good hit for an old lady like yourself."

"French kissing that boar was probably more action than you've gotten in your entire life, kid," she retorted. "If I were more sensitive about my age I would smack you in that cut of yours. You saw what this thing can do." She waved around her axe, holding it with one hand, smirking. "I think I got lucky with that crit. I know what you meant now, I felt that surge. Except it made me cut it in half." She laughed, and patted his arm. "Let's go looking for another creature while you heal up, aight? I think we would be hard pressed to die at this point. Unless you decided to fall down in front of a boar hoping it would smack into your mouth again. Maybe you could get another tongue in there next." She smirked and tugged his sleeve again with two fingers before starting off in a different direction. She slung her battleaxe over her back once more, in a position that was starting to become familiar. She assumed she wouldn't be able to use a shield with this two handed weapon, so the place on her back was taken up by nothing else. And it wouldn't be, if she had any say in it. She had grown attached to the axe.

"..." He had little reply to the kissing comment, as he had never actually met a girl that would actively like him. Sure he had friends but it was never more than that. His cheeks slightly reddened, and he sheathed his sword, listening to her go on and on. Soon after she was done she was dragging him to another fight, just as she had done before. Verus had gotten slightly used to it and would just occasionally nod and follow along. He never really saw too much in arguing with people he had just met, wanting to come off as a nice person who would listen and understand. 

They had walked for some time around the town, looking to find a singled out boar like they had the times before. "We've been walking foreverrr Adhae. Get strong enough to carry me." He was whining, but was curious to see what she would do after wards. In the corner of his field of vision, he saw something grey and curled up. It looked to be like a wolf of sorts, sleeping in a pasture. He tapped on her shoulder and pointed at the creature, waiting for a response. 

"Shut up, you virgin." She didn't even look at him, but couldn't hide the grin on her face. "If you ever were serious about a piggy-back ride then you'd need to level me up to be strong enough. Put in your work." She turned as he pointed, and saw a new creature sitting there. She forgot all ideas of teasing Verus, and decided to kill this thing too. She was going to be more cautious around it; who knew what sort of stats it has. She looked at Verus again. "Come with me this time." She smirked and advanced towards it, shrugging her axe around to her hands again. "Don't let your desire get in the way of killing this... Beautiful creature." She wouldn't admit it, but the wolf looked quite stunning, just because the art of the whole game was beautiful. It didn't stop her from wanting to kill it, even if it might stop Verus. 

ID: #61361

BD: 6

This monster was different, but it still had the same pattern of trying to attack first. It lunged towards her, not trying to charge and use force to push her back like the boars had. This one jumped with claws outstretched, aiming for her chest. However, before it got to her, she activated her sword skill and swung her axe at its face, resulting in that same solid smack and the resulting shockwave. It was a satisfying hit. The monster didn't seem too much tougher than the boar they had fought last.

Damage Dealt / Received (Wolf, Verus, and Adhaerere)

Wolf: Health: 6/6 (-3 [1 MIT]) = 3/6

Verus had toned out much of what he was saying as his eyes were transfixed on the beast. Its fur ran down and melded together to form a giant white...fluffball for the lack of a better word. It was beautiful in a sense of how it appealed to the eye, and his trance was only interrupted by the sight of it being struck by Adhae. She must have jumped into attack mode without him really realizing it. He slowly drew his sword and followed behind, watching its movements the whole way. It was slow to attack, not really ready for the threat of two incoming opposers. They would be able to take it down quickly.

His sense of beauty for the beast turned into bloodlust, and he quickly moved past Adhaerere, triggering his go-to skill, Rip Rivine. He had liked that it made a V strike after completion, almost as if he was leaving a small signature of his in game name onto any opponent he crossed. His sword shone bright purple and he attempted to make contact, only to flinch at the last second and miss the attack. It was a shame, he would be reverted to killing the beast with simple auto attacks, but that wouldn't be too hard.

ID# 61363 results:

Battle: 3

Verus: 12/12 HP

Energy: 1/3

Wolf: 3/6 HP

"AAH, DIE," she screamed with a smile on her face, seeing Verus not land his attack and taking the chance to do it herself. She roared at it, and charged forward with axe raised, glowing red already as her Sword Art activated.

ID: #61397

BD: 4
MD: 5

But as the monster came at her, it did its own dodge to the side, surprising Adhae again. Her eyes widened as she missed her attack, the wolf taking the chance of missing its hit to get out of the way of her sword skill. She backed up from it, wanting to let Verus take his chance with his last sword art. "This one's a wily one, Verus." She laughed a little, not too beat up over missing her skill this time. She already knew what it could do. Adhae took the small break to wipe her eyes with the back of her hand, letting her mind clear and re-assess the situation. Verus' next attack would need to hit, or they would be reduced to their basic attacks again. That could take a while.

Damage Dealt / Received (Wolf, Adhaerere)

Wolf: Health: 3/6 (-0) = 3/6

The both seemed to be missing the creature who was skillfully jumping past every swing and stab we had. It was strangely fun for it being a potential death battle; there was something about it that was more calm then the other few fights. However, this still was a death-dealing wolf if we did not kill it in time. He prepared his sword and thrusted forward, preparing his Rip Rivine skill.

ID# 61399 results:

Battle: 6

Loot: 4

Verus: 12/12

Energy: 0/3

Boar: 0/6

He watched as the tip of his sword penetrated through the wolf's ribs, going in about halfway through its body. It let out a small howl before exploding into pieces, signifying its death. "Not too bad." He wiped his sword on his pants and looked to Adhae, who didn't seem to be too beat up. "No Col from this one. Sorry."

Edited by trenttrent20

"Lucky it didn't hit us, again." She smiled. "Oh, it's not your fault we didn't get a big reward. Just RNG. No need to apologize," Adhae said in response to his apology. She turned her smile on full brightness, directed fully at him. It was a smile that could blind others. She had no idea, of course. She thought them turning their eyes away was a good thing.  

"We can go find some other ones to get the Col. I'm sure we're close to levelling up." She used the two fingers on her right hand to bring up her menu, checking their XP. "Yep. Close. Let's go find something else to punch. I need the money for that armour." She closed her menu after checking how much Col they had again, as if expecting it to change if she stared at it hard enough. Then she closed her menu, turning to face Verus again. 

"So. While we're walking, I think I'll quiz you about yourself. I know practically nothing about you, and I think it's just fair that I get to know the person whose hands I'm putting my life into." She paused, and started walking again, making sure he could fall in step with her. "And you should know the person you're trusting your life with, too." From there, she waited for his response, hoping he would be willing to answer her questions.

"We just really need the Col thats all..." His voice trailed off as he poked at where the beast once laid. He wondered if they ever re-spawned somewhere, maybe in a different field or forest. It would be weird if they were just erased from the code of the game; why put in the work if they were just going to be deleted by new players? There were doubts he had about the whole game, but it was far too early for him too confirm any suspicions. He looks up when she mentions something about leveling up, and his mood slightly changes into a cheerful state. It was true, he was close to getting another level in his sword skill. After this one all he would need is five more and he'd be the best journeyman of a rapier the game has ever seen. 

"A quiz eh?" He sheathed his sword and walked alongside her, slightly shorter than his partner. Verus could not remember the last time he ever talked about himself in a game, it was always about his character. It was a weird concept, but he seemed willing to play along.

She clapped her hands together in front of her and rubbed them together, excited to ask. "Hmm. So. Answer me this." She paused, thinking over what she would ask. "Did you have a job IRL?" This seemed a safe enough question to ask, because by the tone of his answer she could determine what things he liked to do, or if he was lazy, or what things he didnt like to do. A very informative question. And while her mind was on it, she figured she would ask another question. "And what are some of your hobbies?" Also a good question. She assumed that gaming would be one of them, due to the fact that he was here. 

They kept walking, sighting another wolf not long after Adhae had asked her first question. She didn't want to fight it yet, due to the fact that Verus hadn't answered her question yet, but she pointed it out to him.

The wolf alert was noted with a slight nod, and he thought for a moment, deciding on what to tell her. "I uh, dropped out of high school and work from home." There was a slight hint of embarrassment in his voice, but he hid it well for the most part. "Taking up some coding jobs and such, kinda like an IT guy if you could think of it like that." He paused, thinking back to his actual life where he would just sit in his room for days on end. Thousands of hours of gaming have been logged with his setup, as well as a good amount into coding and some programming. However, that was all gone now. 

"Anything computer based has always been fun to me. Building them and learning what to do to make them better was always a good time." Verus turned to look at the wolf in the distance, seeing it sitting up and staring our way. It had spotted us, but had not really done anything afterwards. "What about you lady? I know that your ingame name is confusing to say and that's about it."

"Pfft. It's not that confusing." She started walking towards the wolf, and glanced back at him. "Kill this with me as we talk. It's faster." She went up to it, and answered his question before she approached it completely. "I've had a few jobs. My first one was as a 2nd grade teacher. That was my favorite job." The wolf agro'd on her, and she prepared her Whirlwind skill.

ID: #61404 ((cannot compute, error 404))

BD: 8
MD: 2

These mobs were so predictable. It was easy for Adhae to sidestep its pounce, and turn to bring her axe, using the Whirlwind Sword Art, into the wolf's side. It smashed into its side, sending it reeling after the shockwave. 

"Then I found a more sustainable job. Teaching jobs don't pay very well, but an accounting job does. It wasn't fun, but it kept me fed and sheltered. Why'd you drop out of high school?" She stepped back from the wolf, letting him have at it with his own skill, not wanting to get in the way of that set of devastating V cuts. 

Wolf: Health: 6/6 (-3 [1 MIT]) = 3/6

Verus followed along, letting her attack first again. "I never pegged you as a teacher ya know." He prepared for a basic attack, not really feeling like attacking with one of his skills. He wanted to sit back and watch for a moment and study the attack patterns, but alas he had no time. "It just wasn't my thing, I didn't really fit in or enjoy it. Just sorta...eh." He unsheathed his sword and tired to slice at the beast, aiming for its face. However, his attack was slightly off and he slashed just to the side of the animal.

ID# 61405 results:

Battle: 3

Boar: 3/6

Verus:12/12

Energy: 2/3

He pulled back for a moment, and motioned for Adhae to go back in. He had a slight feeling that she would be able to finish it off in her next turn, and he would be able to get back on to talking. It was slightly nice to be able to converse with someone; it had been weeks since he had actually had contact with anyone other than an occasional phone call from his parents. Verus truly enjoyed it. 

She watched him miss, and frowned a little. "And why not. What would you define as looking like a teacher?" She smiled, parroting something she had said not long ago. She realized it was her turn to attack the beast, and went after it.

ID: #61406

BD: 4

She tried using her skill again, but missed, again. The damn thing had moved. She huffed and stepped back, when the wolf charged her again. It missed, because it had stumbled and faceplanted in the dirt. This forced a laugh from Adhae's lips, because monsters in this game fell on their faces so much. It shouldn't be possible with coding, unless it was really advanced. What if every creature here was sentient? Too deep, back out, Adhae. Don't think about it.

"You better kill this thing now. It just fell on its face, hit it in the ass." The animal's butt was in fact still wiggling in the air, tail wagging. She sniggered, and responded to his answer about her question of school."Almost everyone doesn't just fit in, kid. I was lucky. But that's no reason to give up. Were you failing in any of your classes, or anything? Were your parents really strict about it?" 

Wolf: Health: 3/6 (-0) = 3/6