Cedric's Journal

Username: Finalis
Height: 5'11 (180 cm)

About: History/personality

Cedric had a normal childhood, born into a normal family with a role-model father who is self-employed, a wonderful mother who dotes on her children yet does not restrict them too much, an adorable younger sister who jumps with joy when seeing you in school, and a cool older brother who was his goal to surpass. Everything seemed perfectly fine for this close to perfect family, but what happened next would destroy their bonds to the very core.

It happened one night as the children were coming home from school; it was just another day for them, wake up, go to school, finish club activities, hang out with friends, and return home together for dinner. Yet on this one night something.... changed, something did not feel right to me and no matter how insistent I was to return home immediately my older brother and younger sister wanted to continue playing around with their friends, since it WAS the end of term and it was their long, deserved break from school. 

Now as the 3 siblings make their way home that night, just as they round the corner a large, looming shadow was running at full sprint, the large shadow crashed into Erica, the younger sister, which sent her toppling to the floor but the shadow did not stop and continued to run off into the night. Alarmed and confused the 2 brothers helped their younger sister up from the ground and round the corner... Only to be by a blazing flame... This blazing flame's source of fuel you may wonder? Was their home. Jeremy, the elder brother, rushed into the house to see if their parents were alright, as he disappears into the inferno Cedric is madly trying to keep his little sister put and console her by repeating "It'll be alright! Jeremy will be back!! Mom and Dad shouldn't be home yet anyway!!!" yet as he was saying this to his sister his heart grew cold from fear as he sees his parents' cars parked in the driveway.

As time passes by he could hear the screaming of sirens off in the distance, yet in all this time Jeremy has not returned yet... Worried he tells Erica to stay put and wait for the fire fighters and ambulance while he checks on the house, only to be greeted by more flame and smoke, he crouched to the floor calling out to Jeremy and his parents, hoping and praying for their safety. As he reaches the living room and find Jeremy alive, yet pinned to the floor by one of the wall cabinets which fell above him while the fire raged. Grunting with effort he helped Jeremy up while pushing the cabinet away, together they limp back outside only to be greeted by yelling fire fighters garbed in their yellow, fire-retardant uniforms, the fire fighters took Jeremy off my shoulders and while 2 of them carry him back to the awaiting ambulance the others rush past me and into the house to try and find any signs of my still missing parents.

And after the whole ordeal is over, and the fire dies away, the firemen showed my brother and I a note written in the penmanship of our mother, and it says "Kids, your father and I are fine, we'll contact you soon, take care of yourselves and of your sister, I love you both..." The rest of the note was burnt away by the flames, and as tears gather across my eyes and my shoulders slump forwards with grief, my brother slaps my back and tells me we have to be strong for Erica, we both straighten up and return to her. And end the horrible night falling asleep in the ambulance as it brings them  to the hospital to be checked up on.

- -

Now 12 years later Cedric joined the firefighter academy, to prevent other children from suffering the tragic events he had to go through, now a full fledged firefighter he is a well respected and diligent civil servant. 

On one of the rare breaks he had, Cedric visits a showroom showing off the newest game SAO, and intrigued he buys a copy and brings it home, switching it on he dives into his first experience of video games after many years... Then with the preliminary scans out of the way, the last thing Cedric remembers saying before everything turns dark is.... "Link. Start"

Virtues:

Adaptable/Resourceful: One of the many tactics taught to them in the academy is to analyze the surroundings and take note of things of interest which can help them deal with any and all situations. Cedric being a captain also has to adjust to new additions to his team, allowing him to utilize everyone's best to it's fullest capability. This is a core principle in his life.

Strong-willed: Other than building up his physical strength to combat burning homes and buildings, Cedric also trained his mind to avoid panicking at crucial moments. By utilizing this skill he is able to dive head first into danger to save the precious lives he has vowed to protect. Although at the end of every mission he is reprimanded for his seemingly rash actions, but in the end he is praised by his superiors and coworkers alike.

Dependable: Being a firefighter has taught Cedric the value of team-work and cooperation, which allows him to protect his team mates and friends from danger. He will be vigilant of each member's condition and mental state which allows him to make correct decisions on how and when to deploy members of his team. The team relies on Cedric's level head to help them fight the fires and save as many lives as they can.

Flaws:

Stubborn: Will not make unnecessary sacrifices regardless the danger he may face. As stated above he is routinely reprimanded at how fearless he may be, but also at how little he cares for his own safety. Cedric will always prioritize children in a fire to save them from the fate he had to live through.

Alcoholic: Having picked up on the habit of drinking the nights away with his team after each and every successful mission has left a "problematic" love for any and all things alcoholic. This tends to lead Cedric into bar fights over trivial issues. He has also kicked out of or made to pay for the damage he inflicts on the bars he had fights in due to the unnecessary force he uses while drunk.

Blunt: There are many times when sugar coating words have never really worked for Cedric, so regardless of the situation he will be extremely straight forward and honest about his point of view. This has caused many fights to break out in his life, more so while intoxicated. Yet just as reckless he is with his life outside work, he is also unafraid to fight back against people who irk him.

Profession: 
Skills
Non-combat:

»

Passive:
»

Combat:
»

Weapon skills:
» One-handed Battle Axe (Firefighter Axe)
1 Rank
Passive
The effectiveness with which a player can use one-handed cleaving type weapons

Inventory
Weapons/Tools:
» 10 bread

15 water

Roleplays
» 
» 

Relationships (optional)

Story Thus Far (optional)