[PP-NK-F1] New Encounters (Adhaerere, Verus, Jazmyne)

Life was good.

Adhae had been doing well with her farming. Her partner, Verus, was a good damage dealer and seemed to be better coordinated than Adhae. He always landed more hits than she did. But, she guessed that was a good thing. With the armour that Adhae would soon have the skill points to wear, she could take the damage while letting Verus kill the thing. That was good enough for her. She didn't need much else in the way of security in this world. 

Now, she and Verus were on a hunt for more creatures. They had decided to venture out further than they had before in their excursions to kill creatures and level up. They needed more levels to do any quests, which was what Adhae wanted to accomplish next. Quests would give them good items, good loot, and more skill points. And that's what any player in this game wants, after all. She smiled happily to herself as they walked along. The walking had been a large part of their career in Sword Art Online. There wasn't a better way to get around currently. Adhae didn't mind it, she got to see more of the scenery of the world they were stuck in. She didn't know about Verus though. She glanced at him as they walked, and spoke up. 

"So, I'm going to ask you more questions about yourself." She smiled. "Did you move around as a kid at all?

He felt as if it would be a good day, and by looks of the weather outside; it was. The two of them had been walking for sometime, but hadn't really found anything worth sticking their swords into. Sure they had fought off a handful of boars and wolves, but he truly sorta wanted something else. Even though they just started, he wanted to put himself out there a little, maybe fight the momma boar or an elder wolf or something. However, he wanted to at about the median threshold between easy and somewhat difficult mobs as they were both still pretty low level noobs. 

"More questions?" He had gotten slightly overwhelmed with the amount of things he had said about himself in the past few days. It wasn't really the questions that bothered him, more so that he never really talked about himself. "But to answer your question, no. We stayed in the same prefecture my whole life. It was pretty boring if you asked me." Verus looked to her, wondering how she would reply. Before she could though, he quickly pulled up his menu, showing her his col. "So I know you've been thinking about that ARMOR lately, so Ive come to the decision I might as well chip in." He quickly pulled up his friends list and clicked on the transfer button, sending her a request to accept 650 col. "Besides, I need someone to hide behind."

Edited by trenttrent20

It was unfortunate that not a soul in Aincrad happened to hold the same characteristics that Jazmyne's parents have. The teen had been food deprived for a day or so, maybe longer but it wasn't like Jazmyne kept count or anything. She could go get food but wanted to save for vanity items and the like. She could ask a friend but opening a menu seemed rather difficult right now. ...Okay... Jazmyne had plenty of options but lethargy caught up to her just as it always had in the real world. Now the brunette resorted to her own methods of near-professional acting in order to obtain what she desired from other players. Which, naturally, would always be the harder choice seeing as nobody would take care of Jazmyne in the motherly way she desired, nor would anyone fork over their precious, hard-earned, delicious food items to a brat.

In fact, upon realization, Jazmyne had given up, now walking towards her inn with absolutely nothing to do. She refused to eat cardboard-tasting bread, though now held a provided water battle in her hand, squeezing the plastic in her hands to create an annoying noise that she actually happened to enjoy hearing. But would other people? All day she'd been approaching couples and other unsuspecting players, splashing water and making crushing noises with the full bottle simply for the pleasure she derived from others' pain.

And her actions wouldn't be any different with the pair currently in front of her crouching figure, petite and cloaked. With a sudden jump forward Jazmyne screeched "Boo!" and dumped the remaining water onto a blonde male's lap, her body leaning over the back of the bench, loud giggles escaping her thick lips, eyes ablaze in amusement. Though Jazmyne hadn't anticipated falling forward, which happened in a fashion far from graceful, unfortunately. Accidentally kicking the female nearby, grabbing for air in futile attempts, Jazmyne couldn't stop herself from being put into an uncomfortable position and situation. Body awkwardly bent, feet in the air, Jazmyne groaned as her water bottle hit the ground and materialized into crystals before disappearing. "Nice..." She complained with a sigh, not wanting to move, awaiting the others' responsive actions.

Verus' gift made her eyes widen, looking up at him, very surprised. "Are you sure?" She asked, shifting n her seat a little, unsure about this token of kindness. Or was it kindness, since he was getting something out of it? She shrugged inwardly. Whatever.

She nodded along to his response about moving around as a kid. "Oh, you're lucky then. I knew some kids who barely stayed in one house for a month." She shook her head sadly. "You should tell me more about your parents," she insisted. As she said this, she realized something. "You avoided my questions earlier about them," she pointed out. "Is there something wrong with them? Did you not like them?" She looked up, trying to meet his eyes. 

Her next question was one that surprised even herself. "If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?" This was a question that she'd asked almost every stranger she wanted to get close to, but the question formed in her mouth before she realized it. As she thought about it, she realized this question could be answered in a lot of different ways due to their circumstance. She kept here eyes trained on him, willing him to speak and keep up the conversation. The near-stranger was definitely someone she wanted to get close to, but he was very closed off and reserved. It was by Adhae's nature that she would poke at the walls he'd built around himself, picking away mortar and eventually pulling out bricks. She'd managed to do it with many a stranger before, so she was confident she could do it with this young man. It was just the way she worked. She wanted to be close to whoever she hung around with. 

The inn they were currently sitting in was a relatively quiet one, so Adhae had kept her voice low. However, when the girl suddenly launched herself over the bench and poured her water over Verus' lap, she stood suddenly, turned, and nearly shouted at her. "Excuse me??" After a second to realize she'd just yelled at nothing more than a girl, the tone of her voice got softer - but not by much. "Do you need something?" When she saw that she had fallen, she almost laughed. But that didn't cancel out the sudden anger and confusion at the actions of this stranger. 

Edited by Adhaerere

"There's no point in me having it anyway. Well, that's not really true but you could use the money more than I could!" His grin shined true as he watched her hesitantly accept the gesture. It really was nothing to him anyway, they would generate far more col with this simple investment. It worked for both sides of the party. 

"Lucky? I wish I got to move around a good amount. To meet new people and see other parts of the country was the dream, but alas it never came." His parents were hard working people, but that would be the overall problem Dillon had with them. They were never around for him to really talk to or learn from, so he resorted to the internet to solve his teenage troubles. "They're a nice couple, just extremely hard workers." His statement was short and sweet, wrapping up all of her questions about his parents in a concise summary. That would keep her at bay for a while, or so he thought.

"What do you mean?" His voice was slightly shaky, but his sentence came out sounding semi-normal. He was thoroughly confused with her question, as he had never heard one with that certain style of interrogation. Verus took a brief pause to think, tapping his foot rapidly against the ground. His leg began to shake from the action and he sat there in his seat genuinely repeating the question to himself. "If a crystal ball.." He became fixated on this part of the question, repeating it once more afterwards. It was just question he had not expected to have been asked; it caught him off guard. "Well, I've alwa-"

Verus couldn't complete his sentence due to another unforeseen incident. A young girl had fell and poured some sort of liquid all over his lower body, causing him to wince and jump backwards. His response to the action further caused his chair to tip backwards, sending him crashing onto the ground with a somewhat soft thud. It was not as dramatic as Verus made it seem. He tugged at his pants and tried to air out his loins, quickly standing up and slightly bouncing as he angrily looked for the c culprit. "You..."

Edited by trenttrent20

"Nah," Jazmyne shrugged upon regaining focus, ensuring every piece of her dark hair had been put neatly back in place before leaning forward, hopping onto her feet once more. "I'm good. Do YOU need somethin'?" She asked, placing both hands on her hips, smirk imminent among her soft features. The accident had been embarrassing, sure, but the reactions to such behavior and surprises would always be worth a blush, not to mention in presented Jazmyne with immediate attention. Something she had immense love for. Loud chuckles of pleasure emitted from Jazmyne as her shoulders shook and eyes twinkled once she got a good look of the male player who'd been drenched. She even pointed with one hand, the other covering her mouth in an attempt to cover up her high-pitched giggles. "Oh, that's real nice. This guy... hah. Y'know if you had to use the bathroom there's alternatives to going in your pants!" Rolling her brown eyes, Jazmyne eventually gave up the laughter, once again in a crossed-arm position, gaze falling on the two whom she'd interrupted. On purpose, of course. "There isn't much you can do sweetie so i'd chill out a bit. It was just a prank stop acting like being scared by a girl is the worst thing on Earth." Shoving past the male, Jazmyne planted herself in his previous spot on the bench, crossing her legs and leaning back comfortably. As if nothing had happened.

"So what were we talking about? It sounded interesting."

• 2 weeks later...

Adhae watched, astonished, as the girl acted as she did. Her jaw hung open. She was honestly speechless. This girl really had the guts to do something like this and literally laugh it off. She was a stuck up brat, so it seemed. Adhae had dealt with plenty of these in her time, being a teacher and all. She knew that the best way to cow a 'rebel' was to not react negatively towards their antics. Realizing she had become quite heated, she took a deep breath and calmed herself before responding. 

"It seems like you did need something, ma'am. You interrupted our conversation for it. It must be very important, please tell me what I can do to help you," she said in her most  patronizing, condescending teacher tone. She smiled then, going completely against her own will to keep up this. But she was practiced, and kept her face a cool mask of pleasantry. 

As the girl went on about Verus peeing his pants, Adhae had to clasp her hands together in front of her and squeeze in an attempt to not roll her eyes. This juvenile was really just that; juvenile. As she commented about them 'chilling out', Adhae simply didn't respond. She'd put in her part in this conversation, and it was all she could do to hope that Verus would realize that starting an argument was definitely not the way to make this weird girl leave them alone. Glancing at him, she tried to see what was going on in his head.