[PP-F7] Let's Go Hunting! (Zandra)

"Nope."

"Try again."

"I am over here!"

I continued to taunt the stumbling mass of green muscle as the Ogre swung the huge, tree-like club at me, trying so hard to knock my block off. However, the creature's movements were extremely slow and clumsy, so predicting them was no challenge. "Grah!" The monster growled, swinging wide, landing the blow into the earth to my left. With the monster's body open, I raised my hands like knives within my spherical gauntlets behind me, the steel balls glowing golden. They struck out, smashing into the monster like a pair of wrecking balls, to the Ogre's shoulder, inside of his elbow, right hip, knee and the middle of his back, causing his body to become rigid as the blows locked his muscles and stunned him. "This should be easy now." I muttered confidently. I had momentarily taken away his ability to retaliate, leaving me with an opening.

ID: 61610 | BD: 7 | MD: 3

Sword Art Used: Five Swords - (14 x 5 x 1) - 25 = 70 - 25 = 45 DMG to Ogre + Stun (8 NRG)

Party:
[H: 1] Grave: 560/560 HP | NRG: 48/56 | D: 14 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | Combat Craft: 1 | Regen: 18

Enemies:
Ogre: 155/200 HP | D: 70 | M: 25 | STUNNED

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150
  • 4 months later...

Opens my eyes, hearing the splashing sound of wave, smelling a faint tone of saltwater in the air, a few sunbeams shining on my face and a red haired irishman laying beside me. Thats how every morning nowadays starts here in Aincrad, the virtual death world. Well, most of the time its like this. Lately thou, Ive been spenidndg more and more time out in the wild, training to become stronger, to make myself a name, to maybe, someday, reach the same status I had as the MMO-player I was years ago, before I putted on that cursed helmet. This day would also be one of those days. My feets thrown over the edge of the bed and arms stretched high upon the air, letting out a long yawn. Then I pushed myself up and started to walk down the stairs to the lower floor. While walking down the stair I equipped my new armour Ive got from my short red-haired merchant friend. Even if it was od second lowest quality, I still used it because of its unique enchantment and badass look. Completly black, large armoured gauntlets, looking like the hands of a dragon, huge shoulderprotection, black as well with some orange pulsating vines making it look like glowing. And maybe most showing, a pair of black thick horns.

After twenty minutes I already had walked out quite a bit out in the moputain range of the seventh floor. My feathered familiar circled high above me, of course she tagged along, this was her home after all. It didnt took long time until she found a prey, or rather herd. Was growl like 'Grah!' or something. I took forth my twohanded battle axe and headed to the location from where I herd the sound from. When I spotte dthe monster it was a big ugly ogre. Thou I wasnt the first to spot it, there was already another player there. Someoen I recognized from before. We had both met on just this floor. I would never forget him and his flirty comments that made me blush several times. Thou the ogre was to far away for me to reach it before it could make another attack, but still I starte dto dart forward towards the battlescene.

"Here goes!" I began to fall into position to start one of my more powerful Sword Arts; Full Cowl. He was going to be an easy target with the stun still locking his virtual body up... but I heard the clanking of heavy metal nearby and diverted my attention to see some kind of dragon warrior, clad in black, glowing armor and wielding an oversized axe with a bird familiar soaring overhead. I looked closer and recognized a familiar face; she seemed to have noticed me too. I should have known putting on the Vanishing Dragon helmet would have been a good idea. "H-hey, Zandra!" I called out and waved a heavy, ball-shaped fist, completely forgetting the ogre behind me. "Long time no see! Seems like you have gotten quite the armor upgrade!" I commented across the grass as she drew closer... and began to turn as slowly as a rusty screw when a grumbling, throaty groan rose from behind me. The ogre was relaxing out of the stun and drawing up to his full height. "Ahh, crap..." I cursed myself and backed up into a ready stance, hoping Zandra was not going to swoop in and take the kill.

+1 EN

ID: 70796 | BD: 3 | MD: STUN

Party:
[H: 1] Grave: 560/560 HP | NRG: 47/56 | D: 14 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | Combat Craft: 1 | Regen: 18

Enemies:
Ogre: 155/200 HP | D: 70 | M: 25

Edited by Grave
Wrong ID

I was just gonna jump in for the finishing strike, as something me stop. Or better say change direction. A huge mass of something tackled me from my left. My eyes had only be set on the ogre that was figthing a player that I now saw was wielding grey hair. So I hdidnt had the sligthset of chanche to prepare for the impact. I rolled several meters before I could stop and quickly rose with help of my axe as a staff. As I looked up my eyes widened. It was another ogre. But this ogre was both bigger and uglier then the other one. All armour it wielded was some leather around the waist. In its right hand it held a wooden club with rusty nail pointing out thru the wood. The club was the same size as me. I grit my teeths  as I placed myself in battlestance, keeping the new enemiy in my sight. At the same time I herd a familiar voice. It turned out that the greyhaired man was someone I met long time ago, Grave. ''It surely was.'' I answered as he said long time no see. ''Thou I guess both of us are a little busy. Lets talk more when these ugly creatures ar gone.'' I added and charged my opponent.

ID: 70805
BD: 10 Crit +2 15+2=21x13=273 Damage
MD: 2 Miss

Zandra: 1,195/1,195 (106/118)

Ogre: 327/600 DMG:70 MIT:100

@Grave

Edited by Zandra

I did not move fast enough. The ogre's rage combined with its fresh awareness having just come out of a stun let it unleash a fast, powerful strike that caught my entire body and launched me across the grass. I tumbled several times and grunted as I hit the earth, before I planted my gauntlets against the earth like anchors to halt my rolling. I skidded to a stop and huffed, feeling much less damaged than I thought I would be; the Vanishing Dragon had decent mitigation it seemed, but I would likely need to focus on my Heavy Armour skill to boost it enough for raid bosses.

I looked at Zandra as she engaged in combat with her own ogre, much more menacing than mine. "Yes, let us." I agreed to Zandra's comment with a smile and rushed headlong at my foe, dragging one weighted fist along the ground like a plough. I stopped sharply at the ogre's feet and crouched low, my fist down behind me. He rose his club in a terrifying display of dominance... but he should have moved. White energy pulsated from my spherical gauntlet, undulating in a manner as of gradually gaining power. As he gauntlet shine a fierce ivory, I shot back up, swinging my fist around in a hook, a searing hot trail behind.

The top tier Martial Arts Sword Art, All Might; a single, devastating punch with the power to-

BOOM

My fist collided with the ogre's jaw, and instead of smashing straight through the creature, a small-scale sonic boom threatened to uplift the earth around me, spreading out wide across the grass, before rushing back in to the point of contact and blasting the ogre mercilessly and unceremoniously into microscopic data smithereens. With a chuckle, I sighed and turned to face Zandra and her opponent.

That felt amazing.

+1 EN

ID: 70807 | BD: 7 | MD: 9 | CD: 10

Recovery +2 EN

70 + 1 - 36 = 35 DMG to Grave

+18 HP Regen

Sword Art Used - All Might: 14 x 1 x 15 - 25 = 210 - 25 = 185 DMG to Ogre (16 EN)

Party:
[H: RESET] Grave: 543/560 HP | EN: 34/56 | D: 14 | M: 36 | Rec: 2 | Combat Craft: 1 | Regen: 18

Enemies:
Ogre: -30/200 HP | D: 70 | M: 25

LD: 17 = 1 Material

Edited by Grave

After landing a perfect strike on the creature, I prepared myself for another one. The ogre was taking a few steps towards me, closing the gap Ive made as I jumped back from attacking it. I was way overlvled this creature, so when the club fell, even since it had closed the gap, I made a quick roll to the side. All the rusty nail striked was the dirt where Ive been standing a few moments earlier. The creature looked from it club to me then back to the club. It looked so stupid as it just stared on the two items that mattered for its like at the moment. The club that was his only way to save his like, and a black haired girl with an badass armour which would burn him if he hitted her. Without he could understand his serious situation, I kicked off and charged him again, thou this time I didnt had any help from the system to increase my damage. To be sure my strike would land, I also activated my consentraiton skill, which made my chop, followed by a shockwave, deal quite some damage. After, it wasnt any problems to dodge his slow counterattack.

ID: 70958
BD: 2+4=6 Hit 15x13=195 Damage
MD: 5 Miss

Zandra: 1,195/1,195 (94/118)

Ogre: 132/600 DMG:70

@Grave

Edited by Zandra

I folded my arms and chuckled as I watched Zandra deal with her opponent; he looked incredibly stupid with his sluggish movements and tendency to struggle with the logic as to why he missed his target. There was only one answer; Zandra was leagues above him.  Her armour glowed brilliantly in the evening sun as she darted away from the imbecilic ogre's attacks, before swooping in with a powerful slash and a shockwave for good measure. "Seems like you do not need any help." I called to her as she finished her combo on the monster, and I watched its grass green health bar rapidly decrease, almost to the halfway mark; she did an incredible amount of damage. I made sure to analyse her movements. While level did play a large part in the speed with which she depleted her opponent’s hit points, there was some degree of real skill involved too - there was still much for me to learn.

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150

I smirked as I herd the greyhaired man telling me I didnt need any help. Well, it was true, if I only lands one more strike, the ogre will change to an ocean of white and blue crystal. And I would be several col richer. Thou it wouldnt be as effective as if I had met four at once, since then I could have used my AoE. Not only would I strike more numbers of mobs, thats the fun thing with two handed battle axe, its strongest sword art is its AoE. And it is only a little weaker then the twohanded assault spear that at the moment was the highest damage dealing to single targets. I did was choosing between those, but then I decided to go for axe, since my previous choices had been the strongest single target weapons in their time. Now, I couldnt even use my whips anymore since that weapo  didnt had its sword arts changed with the rest, it was completly removed. So all my whips was now useless in combat. Speaking of combat. Iam in one rigth now, probably better to focus on that rather then thinkng of the past.With one final attack, I emptied the ogre health bar and it exploded into crystals.

ID: 71118
BD: 6 Hit 15x13=195 Damage
MD: Dead before action

Zandra: 1,195/1,195 (83/118)

Ogre: 0/600 DMG:70 -DEAD-

@Grave

Edited by Zandra

I watched Zandra skilfully take down her own bumbling ogre and I clapped as her glowing axe tore through the monster, emptying the once green bar around its head and shattered it into a glittering cloud of data crystals. "Congrats! He seemed to be... quite the dimwit." I noted with a chuckle, approaching the dragon-clad axe-woman, sharing armour in similar form to me, but opposite in colour and style. "Long time no see, Zandra! What is new?" I asked, removing my white helmet and placing one hand behind my neck as I tilted it to the side in an attempt to crack it. "You look even more badass than before. I have been away for so long..." It was true. I was getting rusty. I meant to get out into the field more, but I always found ways to procrastinate. At this rate, I wasn’t sure that would ever be on the frontlines.

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150

AsIve closed the reward screen, I turned around to Grave with a friendly smile on my lips. My cheek had a faint tone of pink from the outburst I did against the ogre. ‘’Hehe, yeah you have really been away for long. When was it I last saw you? It was in those mountain righ?’’ I took a look around. ‘’On this floor. What a conicifence.’’ Next, he asked we what was new. I scratched my chin. ‘’Hmm… Since last time we saw each others, a lot have happened. To myself I had to abandon my whip since they removed it from the system. I was tired of only being able to deal solotarget damamge, so picked the strongest AoE weapon.  Ive participated in several floor boss fights and haven’t missed any events I think. With the world, there have been a few updates. Like the health-increase and picking skill for just two example.’’

"Yeah, it actually was, that is surprising. I frequently visit this floor... well, more correctly I did before I died under my rock." I admitted with a nervous chuckle, scratching the back of my head. I nodded in agreement when Zandra mentioned the updates, and I frowned as I heard about whip skills being removed. "What? That sucks! To be honest... I was expecting a lot less 'admin interference'... seems Kayaba does at least like a little balance in his chaotic hellhole." I spat, folding my arms across my chest. "I was so close to participating in the Leonidas fight... then I just dropped everything and hid, doing nothing..." I admitted with embarrassment. "I guess one thing good did come with the latest 'update'; Martial Arts received a large damage and Sword Art buff. It is a whole lot more energy efficient now, which is incredibly handy. It used to chew through energy so quickly with the amount of stun Arts it had."

• 2 weeks later...

‘’Yeah right, Leonidas.’’ I said as I remembered the boss fight with its army of soldiers. ‘’That fight was really fun. Well, my first turn was at least.’’ I cleared my throath. ‘’Several floors ago, I got a demonic item from Teayre that paralyze ALL enemies. So when I blew it, three hundred soldiers just stood there, doing nothing. Thou their leader was unaffected. But it still was pretty fun to watch.’’ I said and let out a giggle when thinking back several months ago.

‘’Yeah, a lot of sword arts had changed when they removed whip and wild dances or what is was named. Like instead of dagger, now two-handed assault spear is the number one solo target weapon. You probably have better info about it and can confirm my thougth. Ive herd rumors that there have been another update after, that mades martial arts on par with two-handed spear in solo damage. Is those rumors true or false?’’

• 4 weeks later...

"Aww, that sucks! I wish I could have seen that, it would have been so funny!" I whined, running my hands through my wolfish hair, careful not to slice my scalp with the taloned gauntlets. "I... really wish I could have joined. I got my new gauntlets from a blacksmith and headed to the labyrinth as fast as I could, but the doors were shut by the time I got there..." I sighed, looking down in a deflated manner. "I took part in the planning and everything." I complained more to myself than Zandra or the system.

I nodded in agreement with Zandra. "Well, I have not seen the two handed spear in action yet, but I can confirm that Martial Arts has high solo target damage, although AOE Sword Arts are slightly more abundant in the skill now." I explained, remembering my eyes widening when I noticed some of my Sword Arts had become AOE. "But enough about combat... what do you say we grab a drink or something, like old times?"

• 2 weeks later...

I placed my armoured hand on his shoulder and smiled at him behind the mouthguard. ‘’Grave, there will be more boss fights. We still have like 80 percent of the floors left to clear, there is going to be many more boss battles.’’ Then I let my hand slide of and listen to him talking about martial arts. A weapon skill I hadn’t put a single skill point in since I wasn’t that big of a fan to fight with just my fists. But I respected anyone else that had picked it up.

‘’Enough about combat? Well this world is built around combat so hard to not mention it right?’’ I said and nodded in agreement. ‘’But I wouldn’t have something against to going for a drink either.’’ Glanced at the spot where there had been two ogres not long time earlier. ‘’After you.’’ I said and took a step to the side, making the road towards town open.

I threw a fleeting glance to the armoured gauntlet clamped on my shoulder, before turning my head back to Zandra and simpering. "You are right. And I intend to be standing in the vanguard, with the rest of the Knights." I told her confidently and gripped her black pauldron like she had to mine. "You are all an inspiration to me. Heroes. But I do not want to be a simple spectator much longer. I want to be a hero too." I raised my chin boldly and retracted my taloned palm from her armour.

"Well, yes, I guess you are right," I agreed with a somewhat embarrassed chuckle, "but we can still talk like normal human beings that are not stuck in some deathtrap made by a genius game designer, right?" I jested and shrugged with a wry smirk. I headed down the track towards town and beckoned for Zandra to come with, subconsciously flicking open my menu as I did so. My armour disappeared in spiralling flashes of ivory light, soon replaced by a gothic black trench coat with a red and white dragon embroidered onto the back and greyed trousers. "Get changed. I think a pair of hulking dragons walking through town might scare a few players."

• 2 weeks later...

I followed Grave, walking side by side, as I opened my menu with a swipe infront of me, a swipe Ive done quontless times before. The floating menu started being browsed by my dragon-looking gauntlet. It wasn’t like I really cared about being attacked out here actually. I just used it when being alone to be on the safe side. Some seconds later a white shine appeared and the armour was no more. Instead I was wearing a normal black t-shirt and high brown lether boots. Atound my waist was a short, wide, red skirt with suspenders and my face was covered by a matching hood, with two long ribbon vectors on each side. ‘’I really should get a new outfit soon. Ive been having this one since I don’t know, level five?’’ I said and looked at Grave. Then I turned nigthy degrees and walked sideways, keeping up the speed. ‘’Grave, what do you think?’’ I asked and hold my arms to the side forming my body to a T.

I watched as Zandra followed suit, her armour disappearing and being replaced with a more casual black and red outfit, something she said she had been wearing since possibly level five. She extended her arms out for me to evaluate her wear. "I think it is very cute and still looks nice, no matter how long you have had it. You do not grow in the game, so there is little point to changing it. I changed my casual coat once or twice, but underneath-" I peeled back my gothic coat to reveal the tunic and trousers beneath. "Been wearing the exact same outfit underneath basically since I started here." I explained with a chuckle, closing the coat back up and buttoning it again. I pointed at a bustling tavern nearby. "There. That place serves some very fiery ale." I told her with a wide grin. "Hope you have a high tolerance."

‘’Well well. I think Im going to get a new outfit anyway. Could feel good with a little change. Maybe something that shows more skin, what you think about that?’’ I asked as I returned to normal walkingspeed and direction. Then he mentioned a tavern up ahead had a very fiery ale. I didn’t knew what fiery meant, but from his next comment I could guess. Actually, a smile grew on my lips. ‘’Hehe, you ask if I have high tolerance? Well, lets see who falls of the chair first shall we?’’ It did sounded like a drinking challenge to me. And I didn’t planned to lose, not at all. ‘’I just warn you, are you sure you wanna fight me?’’ I didn’t meant like in a battle with weapons and armours. Since then I would probably, not certainly, but probably win. The drinking battle, that was a little more on even terms.

Zandra mentioned getting an outfit that possibly showed more skin and I tilted my head. "Mm, careful with that, might get more attention than you would like if you do that. Jomei may not like that." I warned her with a chuckle. Zandra's interest seemed to have piqued when I mentioned the drinks at the tavern, and she challenged me to a competition of sorts. "Oh, you're on. I have developed quite the high tolerance to the alcohol simulation in this game from the many times I have had to drown my sorrows in booze." I countered and folded my arms as I led us towards the bustling tavern, with customers even spilling out onto the street. "Drinks are on me." I offered with a wink and held the door open for the woman. It was bustling - the walls shook with the drone of motonous chattering and the off-key singing of sea shanties.

Edited by Grave
Bumping for 150

My feeling of joy quickly drained when I herd his next comment. I turned quiet and looked away. After some time I turned back to the young man. ’’Well Grave, is it okay if we don’t talk about Jomei today? It is, how should I say this. Ehm… its complicated. Also, if drinks on you, you probably going to leave today with empty wallet.’’ I finished off and streatched out my tongue to tease him a little.

‘’Oh, what a gentleman.’’ I said and I entered the tavern as he held up the door for me. When inside, I first stopped to take a quick look and to feel off the mood. I nodded in approval and headed to a table for two. I sat down on one of the chairs. I placed my elbows on the table and looked at my companion. ‘’So, what shall we start with? Maybe a big glass of beer to moister up our throaths?’’