[PP-NK-F2] Morning Training - (Shinzoku, Cygnus, Minnie, Emblem, Vyrtew)

I opened my eyes slowly, staring blankly at the wooden ceiling above me. “What will become of me? What will become of everyone…” I started to ponder. “They’ll all die, waste away.” Gritting my teeth I gently tapped my head at my temple. “Come on Seishin” I scold myself. Throwing the covers off, I slide my legs out from the bed and stand. Breathing gently I flick my fingers down and open my menu, equipping my hakama and half kimono. I take the wakizashi from where I had stashed it underneath the pillow. Attaching it to my golden belt I gently stroked the eagle before heading out of the inn. Making my way past a tea shop I smiled to myself before I found that garden in which I had found that girl in. “You probably scared her off.” My thoughts chide me, shaking my head and breathing I begin my exercises. Performing several Karate Kata’s and practising move, block and strike unarmed I continue like this the water from the gargoyle behind me timing my movements.

Rubbing his eyes Vyrtew stretched, again his joints popping. “Didn’t think -that- of all things would transfer into this game.” He grumbles staggering out of his bed on the first floor, the boy goes to look at the window. The sun had started to rise, meaning that the NPC shops would be starting to open. He quickly ran down and out of the Hogsback Inn on the first floor and to the teleport plaza. Blue light quickly engulfed him as he set off to the second floor. Winding his way through the streets the white haired boy makes his way to the tea shop that he was at the other day with Aya. “I wonder if I’ll see her again today.” He muses out loud. Arriving at the shop he finds it closed, letting a sigh out the boy winds his way down the back alleys hearing some grunting coming from further down, over the trickle of water. He peers in to the entrance of the hidden garden.

Emblem woke up from a bench next to a fountain. He had dozed of again while reading last night. He looked down to see his familiar Aisu sitting on his lap curled up in a ball. he opened his Hud then equipped a scarf a wrapped it around his neck loosely. He poked at his dragon sitting in his lap. Hey Aisu lets get going. Emblem watched his familiar get up sleepily. She flew up to his shoulder and took her usual perch. He walked to the fountain and splashed the water in his face. Even thought this was a game the water seemed to help with his drowsiness. He decided he would go for a little walk to wake him up. He walked through the town with the NPC vendors trying to sell their items. He walked up to a teleport pad immediately thinking of floor 2. Well I haven't been there in quite awhile why not. Emblem walked onto the teleport pad then shouted. Teleport Urbus! Emblem arrived at floor 2 then began walking without a clue of where he was heading. After awhile he stumbled across a beautiful garden. inside he saw a woman who seemed to be practicing martial arts inside. he decided he didn't want to be rude and interrupt her so he sat down on a bench to watch the woman practice.

Edited by Emblem

Cygnus walked through the Town of Beginnings, headed for a very specific goal; the teleport plaza. Today he would do it. He'd go beyond the first floor. The past couple of weeks did much to strengthen Cygnus's confidence. He had done much and trained very hard. With the help of his equipment, charitably donated by a blacksmith on the fifth floor, he could now hold his own in a fight. As he approached the plaza, his walk slowed. He had reached his destination. It didn't take long; just a flash of blue and he was now at the second floor. Now what? Cygnus figured he would just do as he did in the Town of Beginnings when he first started out: wander around. Cygnus casually strolled through the street, on the lookout for anything of interest. Based on his luck, an interesting situation might literally run into him. He chuckled at the thought. Eventually, Cygnus's wandering took him to a beautiful garden. It wasn't really the garden that caught his eye though, it was the man training in the garden. He stood back and watched, reminiscing about how far he had come. A very short time ago, he was practicing just like this. Training alone, just you and your sword, it was very calming. It induced a feeling of tranquility. Not wanting to interrupt that, he would decide to wait until the man was finished. Someone else in the garden caught his eye as well; Emblem. He appeared to be sitting on a bench observing the man's training. Deciding to do the same, Cygnus approached Emblem, sitting on the bench next to him. "Hey there, Emblem. What have you been up to?" He grinned. He was fully clad in his brand new armor and greatsword, a far cry from what he was wearing when last they met.

As my blade danced in my hands my arms moving on their own accord I spotted several players entering the garden. Two of them sat within. I nodded at them between a step in the moves. Eventually I came to a stop, sweat glistening on my body in the morning light. “Gentlemen.” I greet the pair of them, waving my hand at the boy who was hidden at the entrance. “Pleasure to meet you. I hope my training didn’t disturb your morning.” Giving the pair of them a smile, I turned to the fountain. Sticking my head underneath the stream of water for a few moments, taking my hair out of its pony tail I let the water wash away the remnants of my training.  Standing up I shake my hair, water spraying over. Before kneeling down and deftly tying my hair back up. “My apologies about that. My name’s Shinzoku” I continue holding my hand out to each of them in turn.

Two more people entered the garden in front of Vyrtew, the boy’s eyes were fixated on the man who was training. As he stopped he introduced himself, waving towards the white haired boy. Gulping and walking forwards Vyrtew brushes his hair back out of his face. “Hey, I’m… I’m Vyrtew.” The teen says, his voice quiet and shaking. Hands behind his back he grips them together gently pinching his skin. “What were you practising?” He asks Shinzoku, blinking his eyes. “Probably some form of martial art. As if it’ll help him in this game.” The young boy’s face betrayed none of his thoughts.

Emblem replied to Cygnus's questions. Well you know. not much. I've helped out a few players that's about it. You look like you gt quite a bit done yourself! Emblem looked at the man to see the new set of armor he had on along with a new great-sword swung over his back. The woman walked up to them as he finished his sentence. After introducing herself she stuck out her hand. Nice to meet you mam. I'm Emblem! Emblem grinned at the lady. Another boy walked into the garden who seemed to be watching the woman practice as well. He introduced himself as Vyrtew. the boy looked very familiar and Emblem wondered if he had met him before. 

Cygnus chuckled at the mention that he seemed to get a lot done himself. "Well, not entirely by myself. I've had some help along the way." He had lots of help along the way. He had to make it up to those who assisted him someday. Before he knew it, the man who was training had approached them, apologizing in case his training disturbed them. "You're not disturbing me. Just watching." Cygnus replied with a smile. He had partially stayed to see Emblem too, since they hadn't spoken in a little while. He stood up and shook Shinzoku's hand after he introduced himself. "Good morning. I am known as Cygnus. It's good to meet you." He introduced himself, keeping a friendly smile. "I'm sure we'll get along fine."

“Nice to meet you man.” Said the blonde haired boy, chuckling at him as I take his hand. “It’s a pleasure Emblem, however I must confess that I am a man not a woman.” As I release his hand I take Cygnus, whilst nodding my head at him, “I hope so. Tell me would either of you have any suggestions of how to improve my skills at all? The form I’m practising is quite rigid but soon I hope to progress onto a katana.” Finally the boy who had been watching from behind approached me. The honesty within his face causes a smile to come to my lips. Placing a hand on his should I reply to his question, “It was shinkendo. At least the basics of it.”

Emblem felt his face start to turn red. "I am a man, not a woman." Oh i'm so sorry about that sir! Emblem bowed his head in an apologetic manner. Well if your trying to get to katana at one point you'd probably want to start with one handed curved swords. And to level up your skills I couldn't suggest fighting mobs more. Emblem looked up to see the boy Vyrtew standing next to the man Shinzoku. Hello Vyrtew. Long time no see. He remembered the time on floor 3 when Vyrtew pulled the dagger on him but shook the thought away.

Vyrtew burst into laughter as Emblem’s face turned red, tears were streaming down his cheeks. After he composed himself the white haired boy spoke “Can’t you see it’s a man… He’s wearing a half kimono Emblem, or can’t you tell the difference.” Sticking his tongue out at the blonde the young teen turns to the martial artist. “Shinkendo? The art of sword fighting? What’s the point in that in this game, where everything is governed by sword arts.” His hand coming down to his hip Vyrtew offers a small smile to Shinzoku.

Cygnus looked over at Vyrtew as he asked what the point was in learning sword fighting in this game. "Unpredictability, I would assume. That's the reason why I train like that. A computer can only have so many combinations. A smart person, or someone with knowledge of the system, would figure out as many combinations as possible, putting someone who leans to heavily on the AI at a serious disadvantage. If you fight with your own skill, however, you can be less predictable." He grinned at his assumption. "I never did trust machines." He added. And for good reason. "Not to mention that it can be pretty relaxing." He then looked to Shinzoku. "Am I correct in assuming that?"

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at the young blonde haired boy, a smile coming to my lips before I laughed. “It’s quite alright, many people usually confuse me with that.” I said dismissing his apology with a wave of my hand. Nodding at him I open my inventory, equipping the basic curved sword from within. “You mean like this one? It’s what I chose to start with. Even if I could take Katana straight away having several weapons in case your one breaks, is always beneficial.”  

The questions that came from the white haired one, were interesting. A little annoying perhaps but understandable given his age. As I was about to respond the other man had already done so. I bowed my head to him. “You are correct, for the higher damage later on in the game sword arts are invaluable. But being able to fight without sword arts is a critical skill as well. Especially at lower levels.”

“That doesn’t make much sense to me, I’ve found my sword… Well dagger arts don’t.” His voice faltered as he looked up at the people around him. “Whatever.” He says shrugging his shoulders and going to sit down next to the gargoyle, the sun had come out and was bearing down on them. “I can’t stand this heat at all.” Plunging his head into the water the boy lets out a loud sigh. “Sweet relief.” As he removed his head his white hair clung to his face, he shook his head water droplets flew everywhere. However there was still a vast amount of water within the strands.

Emblem giggled as he watched Vyrtew shove his face into water. Someone isn't used to the sun I see? Emblem wondered if he was one of the players who had just come out of hiding in there inn room after the announcement. But who could blame him he was one of those people for awhile until he got up the courage to go and fight. Emblem closed his eyes and turned away as the white haired boy began to shake his head spraying water all over them. The feeling of the water refreshed Emblem but at the same time annoyed him. he turned towards the man who had spent time out here training. of course at lower levels you couldn't have the energy to fight with sword art after sword art.

Cygnus laughed when Vyrtew sprayed water on them when he dunked his head in the fountain and shook it around. "Hey, watch out." He chuckled lightly and then wiped the water off of his face and turned back to Shinzoku. "So, have you seen any combat yet?" He smiled. He hadn't seen much combat either in his brief time outside the Town of Beginnings on the first floor. He had seen a bit, but not really enough for it to really matter. He had been a part of a group when he fought, normally, so he hadn't seen any solo combat either. He would have to change that soon since he got his new equipment. He leaned back on the bench, allowing himself to relax a little, but still making eye contact with Shinzoku while he waited for an answer to his question.

As the boy with blonde hair spoke to me I nodded, before letting out a gasp as the water hit my exposed back. “What the…” I let out before turning around, “Be a little bit more careful please.” I requested "Do it." , turning my gaze back to the politer teen. “You are completely correct of course, at the lower levels your energy leaves much to be desired.” Before I had chance to gather my thoughts to continue the conversation, Cygnus spoke, asking me if I had seen combat.  I nodded, “Once, a simple boar on the first floor, however a man called X interfered and seemed to cause some strife with an orange player and a white haired one by the name of Rain.”

Shooting Emblem another glare Vyrtew stands brushing himself down, “Just shut it blondie.” He said his words filled with loathing. Turning he raises a hand “See you.” With that the boy walks out of the garden and around to a small café settling down inside, in the shade. “Finally… Some peace.” He mutters to himself, “Seriously that Emblem he is a right pain.” Looking up he spotted a waitress coming over towards him, raising a hand he snapped his fingers twice. Several players within the café looked at him. Some were glowering. Shrugging indifferently, the white haired boy placed his order with the waitress before leaning back letting his eyes close.

"Oh, Rain." Cygnus said as the lower-level player mentioned him. "I know the guy. We've quested a time or two." Cygnus gave Vyrtew a strange look as he blew up at Emblem for literally just poking fun at him. "Jeez, what crawled up his ass?" He watched Vyrtew leave, still not entirely sure what Emblem did that warranted such a reaction. He looked over at Emblem and shrugged. "Strange guy, I guess." With a sigh, he turned his attention back to Shinzoku. "Anyway, as I was saying, I know Rain. I've been on a couple quests with him and spoke to him a few times, but I have never heard of this "X" character. I take it he is another player?" Cygnus was interested now. He wanted to learn how was causing so much trouble. His better nature forced him to uncover more information so he could maybe put a stop to this if something bad was in danger of happening.

Emblem glared back at the white haired boy then began to walk after him. Emblem felt himself start to anger again. It seemed he only got this mad when he was around Vyrtew. He watched him walk into a restaurant and sit down Emblem followed him in and watched him sit down at a table order then close his eyes. Emblem walked to the table then took a seat across for him the glared at the player. Mind telling me what your problem is buddy? Emblem didn't understand why the player was always so pissed at him. He had run into his twin sister once but that was on accident. Ever since Vyrtew had treated him like crap and Emblem wanted to know why.