[PP-F1]Leading the Blind (Xion)

Avilon laid there in the shop of her boyfriend once more, it was comforting to have a place where she could return to and safely sleep without fear of having to pay to much rent. A gleeful smile upon her face as she had managed to stay up a bit to late last night and slept in even farther past her usual schedule to the point that Xion's late waking hours were considered early for this one time. She groaned awkwardly rolling over in the bed till she looked up a bit lost as she had a crazy nightmare, it felt horrendously real despite the fact that this virtual reality had no sense of pain which made the disturbance all that real when she felt like she had actually been attacked. Shaking it off she now sat up in the bed looking side to side and then back down to where he would have been laying. "Huh where, did he go, S-sweetie?" She shouted now looking about naively wondering what on earth he could be doing.

As Avilon woke up, Xionwas downstairs drinking a hot cup of tea which was typical for brits to do in the morning. He let out a relaxed sigh as he put his feet up on the counter and happily sipped from his mug. "It's a good day for some relaxation..." he mumbled before hearing his girlfriend yelling upstairs, quickly running up into the bedroom. "Hey sweetie" he said as he walked into the room, leaning down to kiss the girl as he did. "What's wrong, you sounded a little scared there" he asked, sitting on the bed beside her as he put a hand on her back in a comforting manner. 

Avilon whimpered as she now nestled into his lap, "X-xion." She state rather startled now resting against him as she closed her eyes and took deep calming breaths as she now held on. "I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to scream out I-I just had a bad dream is all." Shivering ever so slightly as she now pulled up so she could sit up on her boyfriends lap closing her eyes and and sighing. "I'm s-so glad I am with you I-I hate being alone when these happen." Tears streaming down her face as she was feeling like it was about the time for another emotional breakdown much like when they first met. "B-but I was worried t-that you would one day leave and t-then I ... I was alone with someone else and t-they ..." She stopped speaking as she didn't want to remember the rest of that dream.

"Shh shh, don't worry, I'm here..." he said as he hugged her tightly, wiping away her tears with his sleeve as he held her head close to his chest in a caring manner. "I'm here...it's ok...you know that I would never leave you or let anything bad happen to you...I promise" Xion said, trying to comfort his girlfriend as she continued to cry. He hated it when she was upset, he hated the feeling that he was somehow to blame for not being able to comfort her, and he felt horrible that Avilon thought he would ever leave her. He tried to think of a way that he could prove to her that he would never leave her, to prove to her that he would always look after her. Until it hit him, something that Avilon herself had suggested the other day. "Hey...Avi..." he mumbled, using one of his hands to grab a piece of cloth before tying it around her head as a blindfold. "let me prove to you that I'll never leave you"

She closed her eyes and whimpered sniffling a bit as her tears were wiped away by his hand now rubbing against as she now basically sat upon his lap as she was consoled. "I-I'm so sorry, I just ... I break down occasionally a-and I normally k-keep this bottled in when I'm alone I-I guess you just ... make me comfortable to reveal how sad I really have been." As she lied there he heard him call her by her pet name of sorts she sadly didn't have a good one for him yet she briefly opened her eyes nodding, "Y-yes?" Suddenly her world went dark again like she had been living in for so long now hearing as this was him planning to prove to her how much he cared. "R-really we are going to do this today? Um, ok then j-just don't let me trip ... I-I am pretty clumsy."

He smiled and kissed her on the lips, holding it for a few seconds before pulling away. "I'll make sure that you don't trip sweetie... For today, or maybe even a couple of days I'll eb your eyes to prove that you can trust me to never leave you...ok?" he said, hugging avilon before taking he off of his lap, sitting her down on the bed as he searched the wardrobe for something, taking a couple of minutes to find it. "I knew I had to buy this when you mentioned this idea...sorry but it was too good an opportunity to pass up" he said with a chuckle before fastening the collar that he had bought around her neck, the chain leash with a leather handle held loosely in his hands. "I'll use this to guide you..."

Avilon's blushed ever so faintly as she now was back to her normal everyday life as the real world would put her into, after the few months they had been locked in this game though she began to lose those normal reactions and senses that came with being blind. "Oh dear, t-this feels really unnerving after being able to see for so long. You want to do this for a few days, are you sure because I-I think I can prove to be quite useless." She states simply now letting out a yelp as she felt something strapped around her neck pinching just so slightly to make it feel awkward. "W-what are you guiding me with now?" Begging his pardon as she now reached up to try and move the blindfold and see what was going on.

"Don't worry sweetie you'll be fine..." he said as he put his hands on her shoulders gently. "It's the collar that I bought for you when we went shopping, I thought it was cute" he said to her before noticing that she was going to take the blindfold off, gently pulling her hand down. "No no no Avi. We're going to stick at this so that i can prove to you that I'll always look after you" he said, leaning in and kissing her, holding it for a few second before pulling away. "Anyway...why don't you try moving around the house so I can get a sense of how much guiding you'll need sweetie" 

A rather shocked squeak escaped her lips as she now felt him lean in and kiss her enjoying the feeling of another person's lips upon her. She turned red as she now let her ideas of removing the blindfold go and merely nodded clinging to his arm. "I-I d-don't want to let go of you ..." she whimpered half afraid of him leaving her while she wasn't able to see, as most people int he real world would leave without a word causing her to be stuck by herself. Hearing him ask her to try and walk around she began to shiver nervously nodding her head as she slowly took a few baby steps forward now reaching out till she was touching the wall attempting to remember what this room looked like. As she strolled forward though she kicked her feet into a small chest yelping as she caught herself mid fall. "I-I can't do it I-I won't do it again I-I don't want to be a klutz tripping over myself any more," Crying through the blindfold as she hated being in the dark ever since she got her sense of sight.

Xion frowned, worried that he had upset his girlfriend. "Avi..." he said nervously, hugging her. "I'm sorry...we won't do it then ok...if...if it makes you upset I won't" he sai before taking the blindfold off of her, wiping away her tears and hugging her more. he hated the fact that he had made her upset, it was something that he hoped he would never do but he had managed it and felt awful. "I'm sorry Avi..." he said, choking up a bit as he held back some tears of guilt. "You won't have to...I won't make you..."

As Avilon noticed how choked up Xion had felt about wanting to do this for her she began to realize that it wasn't something that she could just forget. She was blind no matter how she wanted to think about it and even this fear of returning to it clicked in her head as she hugged her boyfriend snifflign and shaking her head back and forth. "N-no I'm sorry I-I just ... am a bit over sensitive about t-this I guess I'm scared of returning to the darkness. But that is where I'm stuck living and I need to get used to it once more she smiled now holding him close and kissing his cheek. "I'm sorry, please l-lets do this ... I-I'm ready." She breathed softly now holding onto Xion.

• 2 weeks later...

Xion looked back up into the eyes of his girlfriend as she told him that she wanted to do it. "I can understand why you're scared...and I'll show you that I'll always be there to help you find your way, in a metaphorical and literal sense" he said with a chuckle before putting the blindfold back on his love and kissing her forehead gently as he got up. "Ok..now try finding your way to the door from here sweetie, and then I'll lead you if you get lost" he said to her, giving her hand a squeeze before letting go, he wanted to get a guage of how well she knew the house so that he knew how much help she needed. 

Avilon smiled and snuggled into Xion's chest now nodding her head as she felt him squeeze her hand in a reassuring fashion as he told her that she had no reason to fear him ever leaving her. She now was put back into that world of darkness a nervous sickness in her stomach as she gulped and began to walk forward not really remembering the layout of this house all that well. Her hands waving about till she found the wall and exhaled relieved she finally found it now following it along as she began to mentally make the map in her own head as she was a clever girl and had an exceptional memory for constructing such mental visualizations.

Xion closely watched Avilon as she tried to find her way around his room, glad that she walked into a wall and didn't trip over or anything. He got up and walked closer to her before tugging slightly on the leash, telling her to go to the right a little. "This way Avi, you're close..." he said before patting her on the shoulder to tell her that he was there to help her if she needed it. "You need to remember what the layout of the house is don't you?" he asked her before tugging a little more to make sure that she knew where to go.

Avilon yelped feeling the tug upon her neck, a sensation she wasn't use to at all as her body was pulled toward the right now confused as she wondered where she was going. "T-to the right? Y-you know w-we can talk," she blushed wondering why she would get the more animistic orders as she wandered over now having a rather nice mapping of the room. "What exactly do we want to do next?" She stated as her hands slid upon the leash pulling herself back along to meet xion and reaching out to find his face.

"I know" Xion said, caressing Avilon's face and kissing her. "But I just like this...don't ask me why" he said softly before walking out of the door and towards the stairs, gently tugging on the leash. "Come on Avi, we're going downstairs" he said softly to her before taking a few steps, holding on to her hand so that she knew she was safe. "Don't worry kitten, you'll be fine..." he said to her, unintentionally using  the name kitten which was ironic seeing as his girlfriend was wearing a collar, although it did cross his mind.

As she heard her nickname she wasn't really thinking on that and merely was focusing on not tripping as she walked down the stairs as she was shivering ever so slightly still partially afraid of the realization of what she would return to when this was done. "R-right I'm f-fine as long as you are here t-to catch me," she  breathed heavily now stepping down and squeaking as she partially lost her footing and leaned back so she would fall toward the stairs and not into Xion as she was use to landing upon her rear when she messed up like this.

As Avilon began to fall Xion quickly grabbed her rear and back, keeping her upright as he held on tight. "Are you ok Avi?" he asked in a worried tone as he held onto the Bannister and held her close to him, kissing her forehead gently. "Ok...just hold tightly on to me and you won't fall, I'm here for you Avi..." he said as he took a few more tentative steps. worried that he was going to hurt his girlfriend, although it was an irrational fear as pain couldn't be felt in SAO, but he was worried nonetheless. 

Still blinded, she now squeaked her entire face lighting up red as she felt Xion's hand upon her rear now feeling awkward as she wasn't really certain if she was to cry out or if this was all normal in a relationship. As his lips pressed against her forehead she now snuggled in close before closing her eyes beneath the blindfold nodding and smiling as she still felt a bit flustered, her mind now racing through songs with her heat as she began to remember the cheerful, Lean on Me. Now nodding as she spoke softly, "Xion will always be here to catch me." Now each step he led her down she began to get more comfortable her footing finding each step as the main issue was confidence and with him beside her she felt like she wouldn't trip ever again.

Xion smiled as he saw that Avilon had become more confident, liking the fact that she wanted to stay close to him as he held her hand, the pair reaching the bottom of the steps shortly. "Well done avi" He said to her as he hugged her, tugging the leash and pulling her hand  as he lead her towards the door of the forge. "How confident are you feeling now sweetie, if not then we'll stay inside for a bit" he said with a smile as he looked at his girlfriend, getting that warm feeling that only being with a loved one could create.