[PP-F17] THIS IS SPARTAIA (Emblem)

Helios sat calmly in the middle of the Nimean Plains. The noirette was fully aware that it was dangerous for someone of his level to be alone out there in the open, however he didn't care much. He twirled his curved sword around like it was a toy and sighed. Frankly, he was bored. There weren't any good quests that he could take on alone and a majority of the people he knew were preparing for the long awaited boss fight. While the rest of the players climbed to the top, the boy was trapped at the bottom. Part of him wanted to fight one of the lions that roamed the plains, however he knew better. Suddenly, Helios noticed the Nimean Lionesses in the distance. "I'm not strong enough to take on a single lioness, so there's no point in me staying and fighting more than that." Turning away from the scene, Helios looked in the direction of Spartaia and slid his blade back into it's sheath.

(@Emblem)

Emblem felt curious of how the higher floors looked. Even though it was incredibly foolish he shouted on the teleport pad. Teleport! Spartia! Emblem appeared in a cool looking town that reminded him of Greek architecture. He walked through the town amazed. It was as if he was really in Ancient Greece. He wanted to see what the mobs would look like on the floor so he walked up to the gate that separated the safe-zone and the fields. He could spot several Lions walking around the plains. there was one thing that caught his eye though. A man walking towards the gate's he didn't look like he had done much combat in the fields but ten again who was he to judge.

Upon arriving at the gates of Spartaia, the noirette entered his inventory and removed his sword and cape. He stepped into the safezone and examined the beautiful Greek city. The red marble buildings looked incredible to him. If I ever decide to open a new shop, it'll be up here. Helios decided. Standing still for a moment, the boy took a look at the place. From what he had heard, it was quite a bit smaller than Athenaia. He turned his head back and forth, looking for a cafe he could relax in for a bit and maybe have a snack while he was there. It never hurts to take a break once in a while.

Emblem looked as the man walked into the safezone then opened his inventory and un-equipped his weapon and cape. He walked through the town looking for something. Emblem started to follow the man trying not to get noticed. But his skills were not exactly based around sneaking. He could probably be seen easily if the man turned around. Emblem hoped that he wouldn't though. Emblem wanted to talk to the man to figure out what it was like to fight on the upper floors. He decided that he would just go up to the man and ask himself. Umm hello sir! Emblem walked up to the man and smiled hoping that the man wouldn't mistake him or a crazy kid player killer or something.

"Umm, hello sir!"

Helios swiftly turned as he heard the voice behind him. A blonde kid who seemed to be quite a bit younger than the dark-haired swordsman stood there. For some reason, he thought he recognized the kid, but he wasn't sure where from. "Ah, hello. Sorry, but have we met before?" he said, hoping it wasn't someone he'd partied with in the past who he'd completely forgotten about. He didn't want to come of sounding rude or anything, so he hoped they had never spoken with each other in the past. It wouldn't sound super nice if the blonde remembered Helios, but Helios had completely neglected the boy's existence.

@Emblem

Edited by Helios

"ah hell. Sorry, but have we met before?" Emblem tried to think back to if they had met each other in his past. Well no i don't believe we have. i'm Emblem by the way. Emblem held out his hand for the man to shake. I'm sorry if i interrupted you or anything I just wanted to ask you what it's like to fight up here on the higher floors. You could probably tell that I'm not high level. I just came here to see what it was like up here on the higher floors. Emblem waited for the mans response hoping that he would shake Emblem off like he were and annoying little kid.

A bit of a chuckle came from Helios' mouth as the lad finished speaking. "Oh, I apologize, but I can't help you out much there. You see, I'm not that much stronger than you are, actually. I only come up to this floor for the beautiful Greek scenery it has to offer. Soon enough we'll both learn the thrill of fighting here, I hope." he smiled, sliding his hands into the pockets of his black pants. "Sorry, my name is Helios. It's nice to meet you, Emblem."

He examined the young boy thoroughly. Clearly not very experienced in combat. His equipment wasn't the best suited for the floor, but who was he to judge. He was no more than five levels higher than the blonde, so he definitely wasn't strong enough to challenge the monsters on the floor either.

Emblem felt happier to here that someone like him was yet to actually fight in this floor. It made him feel a little bit stronger but still in comparison the man could easily out level him. Emblem learned the mans name. huh. Helios. It's nice to meet you. Emblem put his hands into his pocket and walked next to the black and green clad player. So have you ever been in any boss raids? Emblem always wanted to meet someone who fought floor bosses and it was one of his goals to join the brave players on the frontlines but even if he were to become a high enough level they probably wouldn't allow him because of his age.

Helios smiled after the kid asked if he'd ever participated in a boss fight. "Me? No, I don't believe I'm strong enough yet. However, I'm working on getting to that point." He chuckled before speaking again. "I assume you haven't either?" It wasn't hard to tell that neither of the two had experience in boss raids. That was the reason the noirette was interested in trying out an event boss raid first. He heard there was going to be one taking place on the Second Floor and thought he'd show up there within the next few days and help them clear the event.

Of course, he wasn't sure if his inventory was well enough to take on a boss and he didn't really know what he was getting himself into. He'd never even talked to anyone about how they worked. "I'm sure they're both stressful and thrilling." he smiled.

Emblem felt a bit bummed that Helios wasn't a clearer and that meant that he still had a heck of a ways to go until he could be a clearer. Emblem laughed. No not yet but hopefully one day. Emblem hoped soon he'd be able to defeat some type of boss. He'd heard of event bosses. Maybe he would try one of those out sometime he'd taken down field bosses easily but he wasn't too sure that event bosses and floor bosses would be the same thing. He laughed. They're probably very far from the same. He'd heard of boss fights were the minions alone would be equal to a lower floor boss. Of course he wasn't sure if those were just rumors or true.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." Helios chuckled. Their conversation reminded him of Zelrius. That man had once been known as the Slayer of the Hydra. "I wonder if one of us will ever be given a cool title for killing a boss, like Zelrius." The noirette never before realized how much he had missed the duel-wielding swordsman since his demise. Of course, he wasn't angry at Oikawa for doing what he had done. Helios simply wished he could have spoken to him one last time. May his soul rest in peace.

Helios realized that he had been quiet for a few minutes. "Sorry," he chuckled, "I was lost in thought." he stated after he finished reminiscing.

Edited by Helios

Hmm Zelrius. I've never heard of him. What was his title? Emblem thought hard. Had he heard of Zelrius. The name sounded familiar to him but he wasn't sure if he knew. Emblem wondered if the man Zelrius was a clearer and what he was known for. Emblem yawned then put his hands behind his head. He remembered a woman who had called him cocky because of the way he did this but he proved to her that he could put his money where his mouth is when he one hit a field boss. Of course little did the woman know that the boss was fairly low level.

"Slayer of the Hydra. The Hydra was a Floor Boss on one of the lower floors. Unfortuantely, Zel was Player Killed some time ago." Helios replied. The boy seemed tired, so the noirette decided to offer a quick snack at a nearby cafe. "How does a quick bite to eat sound? I don't mind paying." he smiled. The blonde was young, however he seemed to be quite friendly, so he doubted he'd deny the offer. Having lots of col, Helios never turned down someone in need of a hundred or two. A meal wasn't too much to pay for, especially for someone of that age.

Hmm "Slayer of the Hydra"... He sounds like an interesting guy. Emblem hated hearing when someone was player killed. It made him sad to think that even in a video game where there lives were at stake people were still killing others. But then again it made sense. People weren't even sure if you died when your HP hit 0 for all they know you just woke up from the game. Maybe this was some kind of sick prank. But even if he wouldn't die he didn't want to be the one to test out this theory. Helios offered him a quick snack. Why not thanks Helios!

Helios grinned as they entered his new favorite restaurant, which was, of course, tied with the Starlight Cafe. "Let's sit over here, in one of the booths." he said to the blonde. The two players took a seat at the table and waited for the NPC waitress to come around. A pair of menu's appeared in front of the party. They were similar looking to the inventory, however they were blue instead of white or grey. "What do you think you'll be having?" he said, scrolling down the interesting list of foods. They all sounded so delicious to the dark-haired lad, he wasn't sure what to choose.

Emblem looked at the menu looking for the cheapest thing to order. He didn't want to be rude and deny the mans kind gesture but at the same time he didn't want the man to spend to much on him. Emblem settled on the cheapest thing he could find. Umm just a scone. He set down the menu and looked at the player in front of him. Hey thanks for this. It's not often that I meet someone nice like you. Emblem thought back to all the times players would treat him meanly or just flat out push him aside because of his age. He decided he woudl try and make small talk with the player. So, what type of player are you. DPS, FieldMedic or something?

"You sure that's all you want?" Helios asked, knowing that a single scone was not much col. The boy was clearly just being friendly. "It's no problem, really. I haven't done this for someone in a while." He chuckled. Showing off the hilt of a curved sword on his back, the noirette responded to the blonde's next question. "I suppose I'm going for a DPS build. What about you?" he questioned, a bit curious to know how the young kid played Sword Art Online. Helios had played RPG's for years before SAO was released. He'd tried all of the different classes. The healers, tanks, wizards, et cetera. In the end, he always enjoyed the wizard or mage classes the most. However, that wasn't an option in Sword Art Online. He decided DPS was the best role for him, since he really wasn't made to be a tank or medic.

Emblem nodded. Yeah i'm totally fine with it, thanks! Emblem waited as the player before him told him about his DPS build. He showed of the hilt of his curved blade on his back. Emblem smiled as he asked Emblem what build he was. Well I guess right now I'm DPS but I'm trying to move towards a Tank build. Emblem usually didn't equip his armor and weapon while he was in town just for comfort reasons so he didn't have anything to show to the player. He had decided to go for a tank because after many times tanking for lower level players he decided he might as well work towards becoming one.

The blonde seemed to be okay with just the scone. "Alright, cool with me." Helios chuckled. The boy continued speaking, this time about his playstyle. "Ah, yeah. With Tristan Delaney gone, I guess the frontlines could always use more tanks. Off the top of my head, I can only think of one or two that I am acquainted with." Emblem's equipment didn't seem to be tanky enough to be used in the frontlines, of course he was able to improve that in the future. Helios didn't have too much extra col to spend on strangers, so he didn't feel like he should pick up Perfect tier armor or a weapon for the blonde swordsman.

Emblem nodded. Yeah I know my gear right now isn't exactly tank material but I have some orders put in right now for some perfect quality equipment. That should help me out some more with becoming a Tank. I don't have it yet because the crafter hasn't had the best of luck lately. Emblem smiled at the player. I hope to get to the frontlines quickly so i've been doing a lot of grinding trying to get the most experience I can. It's all i've really been doing. Today was kind of my day to relax and take a break. Thanks for all of this it's really helped.