[PP-F2] <<Let There Be Light>> And There was... (Cygnus)

(OOC: @Cygnus you're up big guy!)

"Urbus..." the golden haired man uttered as he looked around the quaint little village. He had been here multiple times prior buthadn't been back in some time. Having been sticking to the higher levels and dungeons, he was quite amused how small the town was in comparison to the higher floors. A slight breeze picked up and pushed his long hair over his shoulder. Brushing it back into place, he began to walk about the main highway of the town. As the NPC's and players walked past, he couldnt help but notice the discrepancy between the equipment he donned and that of the lower leveled players. He too had been equiped like them not too long ago, but since his powerleveling adventure he was able to change that. Regaining his composure, he remembered why he had ventured down to the 2nd Floor. "Ok... Now to find that lady agian..." He stated, the first time he attempted the quest he had to abandon it because of his partner needing to head back early, but this time he wouldnt allow that to happen.

"Help me! Help Me!!!!" said an elderly woman. Hearing those words Lawfer couldn't help but smirk. He had found the woman he was looking for. "Excuse me ma'am. How can I help?" He asked in response, as a quest window popped up in front of him. As the woman carried on about loosing her daughter, in a cave, or something along those lines. Lawfer tried to pay attention, however, he simply pressed accept knowing the basic parameters. He had made it to the cave before, so it wouldn't be too hard to find. "Don't worry I'll bring her home safe and sound." He replied before setting off. Looking up towards the sky, he continued to walk forward before running into an armor clad warrior.

"Excuse me." He stated as he looked the brunette in the eye before bringing his hand behind his head to scratch it. "Sorry about that." He commented as he noticed the man eyeing the old lady, most likely he was a new up and comer that was looking for the SP that the quest would yield. "The name is Lawfer. If you're planning on taking the old ladies quest, want to tag along with me? The more the merrier! Ill split everything 50/50 with you including all the loot I get from monster drops." He finished as he raised his right hand out to shake the mans hand.

Cygnus had been making his way over to a quest he thought of doing. <<Let There Be Light>>, he thought it was called. When he arrived at the NPC, another man was there and he had already accepted the quest. He was about to excuse himself, making his way to the NPC to accept the quest himself, when the man gave him an offer to tag along on the quest with him, he found himself unable to refuse. "Um, thanks! Sure, i'd love to go along." The man proposed their loot policy, and Cygnus found no fault in it. "That's about as fair as you can get. Sure. You have a deal." He shook the man's hand firmly. "I'm Cygnus. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." 

Edited by Cygnus

"Good to meet you Cygnus." The blond responded with a hearty smile. "If you are ready to head out, then we can start heading west towards the safe zone exit. If you need to grab a few things from the vendors around here then we can do that as well." He commented as he raised his right hand, and entered his interface. Selecting Cygnus, he created a party, then chose a fifty-fifty loot distribution, and finally hit send. Switching over to his inventory, Lawfer selected his normal equipment then shook his head, 'guess i could go with my material gathering set.' he thought to himself as he removed his Armor and in its place, selected his Lucky Pants. "Ok well i'm ready to go."

Cygnus shook his head when Lawfer mentioned stopping by the vendors to pick up a few things. "I think I have everything I need. I always try to keep prepared." He grinned at his companion. "Alright then, let's get going." He started heading west. He knew the way out, having taken it many times before. He walked with confidence and more than a little excitement. He like to tackle quests with a partner. He found that he liked it to just be him and a partner though. He really liked that sense of camaraderie one had after spilling blood with someone. Well, not actual blood. But the principle still applied. He looked back to make sure Lawfer was still following. "So, what do you know about the quest? I know we have to rescue some kid, but I don't know much beyond that."

Edited by Cygnus

The blonde had been trailing back slightly as they made their way through the safe zone gates, as he optimized his equipment for the coming field dungeon. As he finished he smiled, "Well we are supposed to head to a small cave that is about a twenty to thirty minute march from here. Once inside we have to find a child who had wondered in without realizing it... The issue is visibility is poor in the cave, so if you don't have accuracy buffs there could be a problem hitting the mobs that are inside." He paused for a moment as he felt his foot, trip over an object that had protruded out of the trail. Kneeling down, he picked up the rock. 'Useless' he thought to himself after observing it for a moment, then tossed it aside. "Sorry about that, was hoping for something useful.... But overall, we kill some mobs then reunite the child with the mother. Pretty straightforward. If you want, I'll let you take first crack at the mobs then I can come in for the kill shot. How does that sound?"

Material Gathering:
ID:63117 LD: 5+7=Fail

Edited by Lawfer

Cygnus listened carefully as Lawfer filled him in on the specifics of the quest. That poor visibility was going to be an issue, or so it appeared. He had nothing to boost his accuracy at all. He felt better since Lawfer was with him. He could surely take on anything that threatened them. He nodded once Lawfer pitched his battle strategy. "That sounds good. I should make it known that I do not have any Accuracy boosts, so I might not be as effective as normal. Just be prepared to take them out if my strikes don't land true." He smiled. He liked this part of the quest; the planning. It got him excited for the main event. "Beyond that, let's have some fun and earn some Col and XP." He gave his partner a thumbs up.

"That sounds like a great idea to me." The spearman stated as he pushed onward. "I'll try to pull some of the higher mobs away from us, but I'll be close enough if you have any issues with any that you find." He commented as he began to sprint forward. A large howl followed by three more shattered the peaceful nature of their travels. As the four large wolves came into plain sight, a smirk danced across the dragoon's face. <Charge> activated and Lawfer appeared before the mobs, <Trip Expand> initiated and with a few spins his Highwind tore the mobs to shreds. "Darn only a few materials..." He commented as he transferred 2 over to Cygnus. "Your turn to find some baddies."

Battle Engaged:
ID: 63175
BD: 9+13=12 +1Crit DMG
MD: Dead
LD: 2+2-4 = +4Mats

Lawfer: 142/142  l 31/43 EN (-12EN)  SA Used: Trip Expand= 12+5+1= 18*6= 108DMG +AOE

Great Dire Wolf: 0/80  l 6 DMG l  20 Mit --- 108-20=86DMg

Total Loot:
Lawfer:+2 Mats
Cygnus: +2 Mats

Edited by Lawfer

Cygnus drew his sword quickly as the pair was set upon by a pack of massive wolves. Cygnus hadn't seen wolves nearly this large before, so his reaction to their appearance was one of surprise. He didn't even have time to lash out at them before Lawfer sprung into action, executing a Sword Art that tore the mobs to ribbons. Cygnus looked on in awe. He hoped he could do something even close to that one day. He flinched a bit as his menu suddenly popped up, showing that he had gained two materials. He had never had these before, so he was happy to have them. "Better than nothing, I suppose," Cygnus said, trying to act more experienced than he was. "Still, wonderful job!" He said with a smile. It was his turn now. He looked around for an opportunity to show Lawfer what he was made of. A few seconds later, he saw it. About 30 yards ahead, there was a familiar sight; a small group of stone golems that were playing some kind of game where they throw large stones at each other. Or they were fighting. Cygnus couldn't tell the difference thanks to the violent way the stones smashed into them. The creatures were larger than the golems he encountered before with Emblem, being a good four feet taller or so, making them about twelve feet tall. "Get my back. I'm going for it." He pointed to the golems before charging at the closest one that was the farthest away from the group. He would hit him with a light strike first, then go in for the kill! He roared and slammed his sword down to the ground, but his target was struck by a stone at the last second, causing it to stumble backwards out of the way of the warrior's blow. The stone golem sat on its butt, looking right at Cygnus with what he thought was a murderous intent. It was difficult to tell for sure seeing as how this thing didn't have much of a face. "Um... hello." He squeaked out, still holding his sword how it was after his swing. Perhaps he should have waited for Lawfer...

Spoiler

B A T T L E!

Cygnus attacks!

BD Result: 5 (Miss!)

MD Result: 5 (Miss!)

Cygnus HP: 24/24

Cygnus Energy: 4/6 

Lawfer HP: 142/142

Lawfer Energy: 32/43 

Large Stone Golem A HP: 71/71

Large Stone Golem B HP: 71/71

Large Stone Golem C HP: 71/71

Turn Report

Energy Lost: Cygnus (-2)

Edited by Cygnus

Lawfer chuckled at the comment, he too believed that something was better than nothing, however, he was really looking forward to some col and possibly a rare item or two. When the brunette mentioned that he was going to go for the next set of mobs that had appeared, the dragoon watched closely. 'I should have brought some booze with me.' he thought to himself as he began to realize what was about to occur. The mobs were spawned according to his level, which might mean bad things for his companion. His level was obviously hidden thanks to Cardinal's system, but the blonde could tell by the gear that Cygnus was wearing that he wouldn't be able to do much. As the two-handed swordman clashed with the golem, Lawfer noticed a fourth golem appear from behind.

"[censored]!" He exclaimed as he drew his Highwind back, and immediately initiated <Charge>. In a blur of scarlet and gold, the dragoon appeared in the middle of the moving rock formations. <Trip Expand> Triggered once more and eviscerated the mobs causing them to explode into purple blue polygonal pixels. AS they danced in the breeze, then evaporated. The loot window popped up and the proceeded were shared between the two. "I was gonna let you do your thing, but when I saw the fourth golem show up I couldn't let you take on the brunt of their surprise attack." He commented as he let out a sigh of relief. "I'll let you have first crack at the next bunch." he continued as he brought his hand behind his head and scratched it. "You pull them and I'll put them down. Sound good?"

Spoiler

B A T T L E!

Lawfer attacks!
ID: 63195
BD Result: 7+3=10 (Hit!)
MD Result: 2 (Dead!)
LD Result: 7+2=9 +4 Mats

Cygnus HP: 24/24
Cygnus Energy
: 4/6 

Lawfer HP: 142/142
Lawfer Energy
: 21/43 

Large Stone Golem A HP: 0/71
Large Stone Golem B HP: 0/71
Large Stone Golem C HP: 0/71
Large Stone Golem D HP: 0/71

Turn Report
Trip Expand Used (-12 Energy) 17*6= 102 DMG
Energy Regen (+1 Energy)

Total Loot: 
Lawfer: +4 Mats
Cygnus: +4 Mats

Edited by Lawfer

Cygnus gulped as he gazed at what was likely going to be his death. As the thing raised its fist to squash him, Cygnus covered his face and let out a cry, but the creatures were destroyed in what seemed like an instant, Cygnus being bathed in the light that followed their death. He was no longer in danger. Cygnus kept his face covered, uncovering it only when Lawfer approached and began speaking to him. He looked himself over and checked his health, making sure he was, in fact, okay. He turned to Lawfer when he informed him that a fourth golem had snuck up behind him. He was so focused on the one he missed, he didn't even notice. "There was a fourth...?" He was surprised but nodded when Lawfer told him to just draw them in for him to take them out next time. "Okay. I'll strike 'em, run like hell, then you take them out." He chuckled. "Oh, and thanks. I would have... you know." He bowed. "Thank you."

The reaction of the man was priceless. "Don't worry about it big guy. You just need a little more time in the saddle that's all. Besides I've almost died countless times with no one around to help me... I would have much rather had someone there to watch my back...." Pausing for a moment, he heard the call of wolves once more. "They are a persistent bunch I will give them that." The spearman joked as he followed the sounds with his eyes. "Cygnus, watch carefully with this... Its gonna be quick." He stated with a smirk on his face as he lowered his level by bending his knees. Pushing off his back foot, <Charge> erupted as the Dragoon flew forward. Jumping mid-stride, it was like he was dancing in the air, before he plummeted down in front of the pack. <Trip Expand> released and with a mighty spin, the scarlet clad warrior tore the monsters to shreds. 

"When you get to a certain point, you get to do fun things like that." He joked as he spun his Highwind in his right hand before slinging its strap over his shoulder. "Well that used up more energy than I thought... We should press on. If we can find the cave quickly, we can find the girl then head back and hunt some more. Sound like a plan?" he asked.

Battle Engaged:
ID: 63197
BD: 8+3=11 
MD: Dead
LD: 6+2=8 = +4Mats

Lawfer: 142/142  l 10/43 EN (-12EN/+1)  SA Used: Trip Expand= 12+5+1= 17*6= 102DMG +AOE

Great Dire Wolf: 0/80  l 6 DMG l  20 Mit --- 102-20=82DMg

Total Loot:
Lawfer:+6 Mats
Cygnus: +6 Mats

Edited by Lawfer

Cygnus continued to watch in awe as Lawfer effortlessly tore apart another pack of giant wolves that tried to ambush them. He laughed at how easy it seemed. Those things would have torn him apart quickly, but they didn't even slow his partner down. Cygnus wondered exactly what level he was. Maybe he would ask once they knew each other a little better. "Wow." Was all he was able to say when Lawfer explained that he would be able to do stuff like that one day himself. He smiled, imagining himself cutting down row after row of mobs like that. He had access to the first two ranks of Sword Arts, but nothing quite like what Lawfer would do. He hadn't even been able to pull one off successfully yet. He nodded when Lawfer mentioned wanting to go on ahead with the quest and if that was alright with him. "Sounds like a capital idea. Let's get going. We have a lot of knife work to get done." He joked. With a smile, Cygnus would follow Lawfer.

Shaking his head, then planting his face directly into his now cupped hands, Lawfer chuckled. "You know you have some awful puns..." He joked back as the pair continued forward. 'Where is this cave at... it was so much easier finding it with Snow.' he thought to himself as he finally laid eyes on the cave. Stopping mid-stride, he raised his left hand up then back to stop the forward moving Cygnus. "Alright we are here." the blond stated as he looked back at Cygnus. "So we are going to need to head all the way into the cave it's pretty dark so I recommend we stick close. So that we can avoid any possible threats to you. The only strong mobs are the two bats we need to beat. They have around Fifty HP and don't have any mitigation, so I can drop them easily, they do about 12 damage though..." He paused for a moment to think.... "What is your best AOE attack? and how much mitigation do you have?" He asked.

+1 Energy Regen 

Cygnus listened carefully as Lawfer explained more details about their quest. He knew that it would be dark and his accuracy would be compromised, but he figured that all he could really do is try his best. He could soak up the 12 damage, so he didn't see it getting too rough. "You got it. I'll stick with you." When Lawfer asked about his stats, he quickly brought up his menu. "My best AOE attack is Eruption and my mitigation..." He flipped through his menu. "Eighteen. I can handle what those mobs throw at us, so it's not like you'll have to babysit me." He joked again. For some reason, he found himself cracking jokes more around Lawfer. Bad jokes, but jokes nonetheless. He looked ahead into the dark cave as he waited for Lawfer's assessment of his stats. He liked the thought of a challenge. Lawfer's assistance basically assured that his life was not in danger, so he was nothing but fired up.

As the blonde made a few quick calculations in his head, he nodded. "Well that should work out... Why dont we make our way into the cave. You can pull one of the bats and fight it until I regain the rest of my energy. After that, I'll pull the other bat and finish both off in one go." He stated as he looked the man in the eye. He seemed dependable, so there was no major risk. "Then we can find the little one, then head back and I'll see if I can pull some mobs that will actually drop some good loot for us." He finished as he gestured forward with his head indicating that they should push onward.

Cygnus nodded fiercely when Lawfer gave his idea. "Capital! That sounds wonderful. I have been wanting a good fight." When Lawfer suggested that they push onward, Cygnus was quick to respond, sticking to Lawfer's pace as they entered the cave. The darkness overtook them quickly and it was suddenly very hard to see. He didn't know it would be this dark. He squinted, trying to see better. "Damn, it's dark in here." Cygnus whispered, drawing his sword from its sheath. He was ready to fight. 

"It sure is..." The blonde responded as he thought back to the last time he had been in the cave. The company was vastly different, he had the luxury of taking his sweet time with a cute blonde, and was able to make a move on her, this wouldn't be the same kind of outing. The screeching of the giant bats seemed to reverberate off the walls of the cave, as they proceeded deeper. Looking up to his energy bar, he smiled. "Ok Cyg! Change of plans... I want you to barrel in as fast as you can and pull both of the mobs. Try to get a good attack in. If you miss. Don't worry about it, but when I say duck, I want you to grab your ankles and get low. I don't want to accidentally hit you in the process." He stated, amending his original plan. "If you're ready, then get to it." He commented with a chuckle. 

Cygnus looked over at Lawfer when he heard that there was going to be a change of plans. It looked like he was only going to be getting a shot in on them. Well, if that was the case, he was going to give it everything he had! When Lawfer told him to go ahead and get started, he got his blade into a battle-ready position. "Understood." Cygnus grinned and gripped his sword tighter, charging headlong into the darkness. A short while later, he found both of the bats. Lawfer told him to get a good shot in. Cygnus intended to do just that. Smirking, he bent his knees and lunged forward, executing the Sword Art, Eruption. As he lunged forward, he swung his blade around and around, striking both of the bats 3 times. He didn't kill them, but by the looks of their health, he took a good bite out of them. He managed to also dodge the attacks of the mobs. "Hey, over here!" He taunted the mobs as he drew them to Lawfer.

Spoiler

B A T T L E!

Cygnus uses Sword Art: Eruption!

BD Result: 6 (Hit!) [21 AoE Damage!]

MD Result: 4 (Miss!)

Cygnus HP: 24/24

Cygnus Energy: 0/6 

Lawfer HP: 142/142

Lawfer Energy: 43/43 

Giant Bat A HP: 29/50

Giant Bat B HP: 29/50

Edited by Cygnus

"I would have at least barreled in there screaming like a lunatic..." Lawfer joked, as he let out a light chuckle. He began to pick up his pace from walking to a light jog. From the darkness, the light of Cygnus' sword art illuminated the area. "Got it." he commented, as he pushed off his back foot extra hard, initiating <Charge>. As the blur of scarlet streaked through the cave, Lawfer smiled. "HIT THE DECK!!!" He exclaimed as he watched Cygnus drop down to the floor. <Hellish Twice> activated, and with two yellow illuminated strikes that reaped back and forth, the two bats exploded into pixels. "Good work their Cygnus." He stated as he grabbed the mans arm and helped him up as he slung his Highwind of his shoulder. "Now to find the little girl." He stated as he pushed into the cave a little deeper. 

The light whimpering of the girl could be heard as they drew closer. "Now now, you can stop crying little one." He stated as he knelt down in front of the girl. "We took care of those nasty bats, you can head home now. And tell your mother that we will be there shortly." Lawfer said in a lighthearted voice. "Thank you misters!" the girl replied as she ran out of the cave with a large smile plastered across her face. "OK Cyg, now that we got that done its time for us to head back as well." 

Spoiler

ID: 63376
BD: 4+3-1=6
LD: 14+2= 16 +2 Mats (Non-MOb Loot Requirment), +400 Col (LDx25 for Quest bonus)

Cygnus: 24/24 l 2/4EN  
Lawfer: 142/142  l  36/43 EN  (-8/+1) l  SA Used: Hellish Twice -8EN =  12+5= 17*4= 68 DMG

Giant Bat: 0/50
Giant Bat: 0/50

Total Loot:
Lawfer: +7 Mats, +200
Cygnus: +7 Mats, +200

Edited by Lawfer

Cygnus had just brought the mobs in closer when he heard Lawfer shout for him to hit the deck. He immediately fell flat on his stomach and let the higher level player take care of it. Just like that, it was over. They found the little girl rather easily after that and were talking about heading home. "Yeah, we should go. We've had a pretty productive day!" Cygnus sheathed his sword and stretched. "Well, it was nice of you to do this quest with me, Lawfer. We should do it again sometime." Cygnus opened up his menu and sent Lawfer a friend request. "If you're interested of course." He flashed his party member a smile.