[PP-F5] <<Arabian Nights>> First Night... Time to Drink! (Calrex)

"Armadillo." The blonde spoke as he was engulfed in a bright light, before feeling his feet touch down on the soft desert sand of Floor Five. Immediately, he pulled his cloaks hood over his head to try to shield himself from the harsh rays of the sun. "Yeap... Its still bright here." he jested as he looked down the main highway of the bungalow filled town. The large clay domes that made up the residences were still the same as he remembered. "Time to let Cal know its time." He commented as he raised his right hand and opened his HUD while selecting his personal messenger.

'Yo @Calrex! Im heading down to Armadillo for a pint or two! I heard there is a new seasonal brew down there. Oh and a quest. Mainly I want the seasonal brew but I figure either way we can have some fun. Meet me down there!'

As he finished the message, he hit send. As it flew off to his inbox, the Scarlet Dragoon smiled. It had been sometime since he had done a quest and power leveled, but it was time to pick up the pace once more. With everything that had happened in the boss raid, he knew that the next one would be more difficult and he would need to push past the next level interval to be useful. Switching from his inbox, he moved to his inventory. Selecting his equipment, he changed his armor out for his lucky pants. With them being on such a low level floor, it only made sense to see if he could pick up some additional loot.

Making his way to the indicated pub, Lawfer pushed open the door and found his way to an empty table. The pub had been quite lively, he assumed that it was because of the quest, but all he was looking forward to was the seasonal ale. Raising his right hand he waved at the bartender, "I'll take two of your seasonal ales, in the largest glass you can give it in." he commented as he scanned the room. Before he realized it the bartender placed two large glasses filled to the brim with ale. "Thanks!" he responded as he took a long pull from the drink. It was tastey indeed. 'Gottat get Raise to try this one out.' he thought as he placed the tankard down and looked over to an NPC that seemed obviously distraught. "That must be the guy... I'll wait for Cal before I start the quest." he stated as he picked his tankard up again and took another sip. 

"Huh, been a while since I saw Law after the raid. Interesting pick of the quest though. In any case, better get moving."

Kicking out of the bed in the back of the Amethyst Boutique the bluenette made his way around to the front, equipping his gear as he exited out the door, making sure to check that the entryway was fully secured before making his way over to the teleportation circle, swiping on his menu to pull up the fifth floor before pressing the accept button, his avatar vanishing from the thirteenth floor as he was transported into Armadillo. Giving a small exhale he pulled up his contact locator, seeing that the two-handed lance wielder was already in a nearby tavern.

Entering inside Calrex gave a friendly wave as his eyes locked onto his teammate, taking a seat next to him, "Hey Law, long time no see. Guessing that the seasonal brew is the stuff you downed a mug of?"

He gave a smirk as he glanced around the room, seeing the NPC for the quest nearby, "In any case let me know when you want to get this thing going, or else we can also just hang out here and down as many pints as we can stomach, heh."

Chuckling at the mans response, he pushed the tankard of ale that he was saving for Calrex across the table. "I figure we can kick back a few of these before moving on." He joked as he took his own tankard to his lips and took a sip. "According to the Info Broker, we need to talk to that guy for awhile." he commented as he pointed to the NPC that Calrex and himself had already identified. "I just wanted to make sure that we had enough ale to keep us occupied." He finished as he raised his hand and called for two more tankards from the bartender. Lifting his tankard once more, he proceeded to down the rest of the contents as the next two tankards arrived. 

"Now that we have enough, we shoudl probably call the NPC over..." He stated as he made eye contact with the NPC and gestured for him to come over. As he arrived, he immediatley began explaining the situation. How he found a cave of wonders and a lot of information about how he missed his brother. Soon into the 15 minute story, a quest window popped up. Raising his right hand, the dragoon pressed accept, then switched windows to his party and invited Calrex. Closing everything out, he took one of the few remaining drinks from his second tankard. "We will handle it Ali, dont worry." He said to the NPC as he looked over to the ultramarine knight. "So want one more for the road?"

Opening his hand Calrex gave a smirk as the tankard handle easily slid into his hand, grasping it as he quickly downed the contents, tasting the seasonal brew that the spear-wielder had talked about, "Huh, it definitely isn't something I've had before. Pretty neat."

Setting the empty mug down he watched as the NOC came over at Lawfer's behest, giving a nod to have the AI acknowledge his presence to include him in the quest. As the minutes passed by while he was listening to the person speak, the bluenette also made note of the not growing tankards of drunken ale that was amassing, almost losing track as to who was drinking how much. Oddly enough it seemed to be an equal distribution between himself, Law, and the NPC. Feeling a bead of sweat form on the side of his head as the NPC departed the bluenette accepted the dragoon's request.

"One more for the road? Sure why not...although...you do see how many we've downed so far right? It's a good thing drunkenness isn't replicated in the game, or else we'd probably be keeled over the bar right now, heh."

As the two fresh tankards were placed in front of them, Lawfer stood. "I told you it was for the road." He jested as he picked up the tankard and gestured for the door. It woudl have been nice if there were to go cups for such occasions in Aincrad, but he would have to settle for the brass cup given by the NPC. Making his way to th edoor, he help it open for the bluenette. Then followed him out while taking a sip from the brew. The temperature change was apparent as Lawfer could feel a large rush of hot, dry air jet across his face. 

"For as beautiful as the sky is at night here, the daytime sucks." The blonde stated as he walked through the bungalow filled town. As they approached the gates, Lawfer took another sip of his ale, trying to conserve as much as he could for the trek to the bandit camp that was holding the NPC's brother hostage. "Think we will need to handle a few of the theives before we get there?" he asked.

"Heh, well for the road then it is."

Calrex gave a smirk as he grabbed another tankard, following the two-handed spear wielder out of the tavern as he gave a friendly wave to the barkeep, gently closing the door behind before doing a small jog to catch up to Lawfer. As he did he felt the warm air of the fifth floor return as they returned to being back out in the sun. Taking a sip of his mug the bluenette gave a small smirk to himself, as the <<Survival>> skill made more than easy to deal with the scorching heat.

"Yeah, it's really two sides of a coin on this floor. The days are long and hot as hell, and the nights are just as long and cold as hell, so go figure, heh."

Standing by the gate with his teammate Calrex took another swig of his ale before answering, "Knowing this quest it'll likely be like the Bandit Camp quest, where we have the option of sneaking around and taking them out one by one, or taking them all out at once. In either case, it shouldn't be anything we can't handle. How far off do you think the camp is going to spawn from here?"

"Yeah I imagine it will be something like that..." Lawfer responded as he took a large gulf from his tankard. "Well we have you for defense that's for sure, but I can one shot most of the mobs as of right now. But then again so can you.... Thats the problem with most of these low level quest as of late, it only takes two turns before we finish them off." He finished as he switched his tankard from his right hand to his left, then opened his inventory with his now freed hand. Opening up his map, he looked for the specified location of the quest, "Well we have a little ways to go, so if you want to farm some mobs we can... or we can just take our time enjoying the glorious heat of this floor."

"Heh, honestly I'm fine either way. You don't get to the level Tak and I are at without a lot of combat. Honestly I think I might be starting to get a little tired of it. With the low floors we're still stuck on, there's hardly any challenge left, so it drains all of the life out of battle, if there's any in it to begin with."

Putting his hand into his jacket pocket, continuing to sip on his own mug of ale as they two continued on, "Hey, I've got a neat idea though. How about we try to fight all of the bandits while not spilling anything from our drinks? Gives a different kind of challenge, but might be more interesting than completely wiping a whole spawn of creatures in a few seconds."

Looking down at his tankard, he smiled. "I really like that idea Cal. Seems like we can have a lot of fun with it." He commented as he took his right hand and grasped the handle of his spear. "I have about two thirds of my drink left. So if you have about the same we should start there. If you don't then I'll drink to where you're at." He continued as he looked over at Calrex's tankard, to estimate if they were at the same level. "OK... Looks like we are even... So with this, the loser has to buy the drinks from the next person the next time we hit the pub. Sound good to you big guy?" He asked. 'Now this is a challenge I could get behind. Glad Cal thought of it.'

With a smirk Calrex gave a nod as he raised his mug in approval, taking his free hand out of his pocket, "Alright then, heh, let's do this."

Moving his tankard to his left hand the bluenette calmly reached back, grasping and releasing the blade lock on the Grand Blade II, drawing it from the sheath. The deep-sea blue face of the blade could be visible as it exited the mouth of the scabbard before the bluenette fully extracted the sword. Flicking his wrist the sword swapped from an icepick grip for a hammer grip.

"Since you're the striker of the group go ahead and strike first. We'll see how things go from there, heh."

"Fine fine..." Lawfer stated as the two made their way deep into the thieves territory. "I think we need to kill 4 of them. But I was thinking... instead of one shotting all of them. Lets just take them down one at a time... It will make it more interesting." Lawfer finished as he made visual contact with one of the mobs. "Guess its my turn." He stated as he kept a firm grasp on his tankard. <Charge> Activated, and a he appeared before the thief then initiated <Dimension Stampede>. After the flurry of spear strikes from his Highwind. Lawfer looked down at the tankard. "Alright Cal! I managed to not spill anything. You are up!"

ID:63692
BD: 9+3
LD: 16= +1 Mat, No spillage

Lawfer: 142/142  l 34/43 EN (-10/+1)  l  SA Used: Dimension Stampede -10EN l 12+5+1=18x10=180DMG

Thief Health: 0/135 / Damage Mitigation: 25 / Accuracy: 1 / Savvy: 1

Mini Game-
Lawfer BB- 6/6 (No Spillage)
Calrex BB- 6/6

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 63758
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4
Loot Dice: 19 (No Spillage)
Mob Dice: 8 (Evasion +2) = 6 (Achilles Activation)
No Action Taken

"Alrighty! Let...gah!"

As Calrex readied himself to attack suddenly from the side he saw another thief leap out, managing to graze him as the bluenette stumbled back. In a instant multiple triggers occurred, as his <<Achilles>> unique skill triggered, sending out a focused blast at the thief for a scratch of damage.

At the same time the entire contents of the mug shot up into the air, but strangely enough seemed viscous enough to stay together. Looking up Calrex saw the contents coming down as his eyes widened, quickly positioning his cup as the liquid fell straight back into the glass, not a single drop hitting the ground.

It was almost like something out of a gag comic book as the bluenette got to his feet, "Well, that was close, didn't spill anything though!"

Calrex: 306/307 l 68/468 EN (15 DMG - 30 MIT / 2 Achilles = 1 DMG)

Thief Health: 134/135 / Damage Mitigation: 25 / Accuracy: 1 / Savvy: 1 (2 Achilles - 25 MIT = 1 DMG)

Mini Game-
Lawfer BB- 6/6
Calrex BB- 6/6 (No Spillage)