(PP-F1-NK) The Torturous Trek <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

(OOC: May the Mantamancy be with us.)

Hakai smirked as the villagers begged them to find a Little Nepents Ovule. It wasnt that she didnt care about them or their requests, it was just that they asked for the same thing every day and pretty much every player that popped by the little village. She had just seen someone pop up to turn in the quest item and they hadnt stopped. She quickly accepted the quest and then turned to Luna and Xion. "Its a pretty standard quest. We just haave to find an kill a miniboss. It shouldnt be a problem. According to the player guide this quest's purpose is to introduce beginners to field bosses. We shouldnt have any problems at all." She pulled out the quest item that she had recieved from Deforestation, pouring it onto her claws for the added damage. "My AOE's are terrible, just one wide slash. According to the stats i've seen the mobs have 7 health, so with this I have eight. Ill do AOEs and clear out the little ones until we find the rare one we're supposed to be searching for." She explained.

@Xion  @Luna

Xion had been asked by Hakai to accompany her and another lower levelled player along on the <,Secret medicine of the forest>. quest, one which the high levelled tank had surprisingly not taken, mainly due to the fact that he didn't want to bore himself doing such an easy quest. "It sort of takes you out of the immersion...doesn't it?" he asked Hakai as he too noted the fact that the NPCs said the same thing to every player that they encountered, it was annoying, but the best way to get the quest system to work. "You know Hakai you don't need to waste your damage buffs on this quest, I can kill every enemy in the quest with my thorns alone, and even then my weak damage can one shot the little ones..." he told the girl before turning to the small and shy Bluenette that had accompanied them. "And you...you don't need to worry about being in harms way, these enemies can do nothing to me so you're fine" 

Luna gulped as she nervously stood with the two other players, listening to them speak about the quest that they were going to take on. The girl stayed almost completely silent, not speaking due to her extremely nervousness around new people, in fact she had been looking downwards the whole time so that one of them didn't see her face, to be more specific, so that the one she didn't know didn't see her face. The petite bluenette knew Hakai and was more comfortable around her having done a quest with her, but the newcomer...scared her to say the lest. While Hakai was scary in the sense that she could destroy enemies that Luna couldn't even scratch, this man was encased in thick plates out armour that dwarfed Luna in size despite her only being a bit shorter than him, while he seemed nice she was unsure. "H-how long will this take?" she asked Hakai shakily. 

Hakai glanced over at Luna who was now a shy timid person again.She hadnt been like this just before Xion showed up, so Hakai could only assume that she got nervous around people she hadnt met before. "Well, it could actually take quite a while. The enemies are very very easy, but when we reach the rare mob that we need to kill to get the item that we need, we might not actually get it. So then we have to find another of that rare mob. If were unlucky it could take quite a while." She explained before turning to Xion. "With the damage boost we can do this quite a bit faster. You dont really need to aggro the enemies if their already dead. According to the guide the quest is programmed that we have to kill two normal mobs for every player in the party, before we come across a rare one." She finished. "I dont know much about Howl, but doesnt it only work on four enemies? Or is that not right..." She gave a shrug. "Theres a reason im not a tank."

ID: 64282

BD: 9 (Hit)

(Haymaker used= 2x9+1= 20 DMG) 

"What Hakai said...although we should be cutting through the nepents and nepent variants like butter due to the fact that Hakai has put a lot of SP into her weapon skill, and I have tier 2 enhancements" Xion said in response to the bluenette's nervous question before turning to Hakai himself. "Howl does only work on four enemies but I won't need to howl. While I may not have levelled my weapon skill much tier 2 enhancements do give a nice amount of damage, I wouldn't be surprised if I rival yours currently even with max damage enhancements" he told the claw user before unstrapping his glaive from his back and marching into the forest. "Follow me...let's make this quick" he said to the other two and before long he had come across a group of small nepents. 

The tank grinned before charging into the group, surprising the mobs as they recoiled. "Haymaker!" he said before his Glaive glowed a crimson red and he swung it into the four of them, instantly reducing their HP to zero as they exploded into shards of data. "Four down, two to go" he said. 

Xion: (125/125) (27/30) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (Haymaker used -4 energy, +1 energy turn regen) 

Hakai: (??/??) (??/??) 

Luna (12/12) (3/3) | 9 Mit | 4 DMG | 2 EVA 

Little nepent (-13/7) 

Little nepent (-13/7) 

Little nepent (-13/7) 

Little nepent (-13/7) 

ID: 64284

BD: 6 (Hit) 

MD: 3 (Miss) 

(Rip ravine used= 2x4x1= 8 DMG) 

Luna listened to the other players as they continued to discuss the quest , answering Luna's question as they did, although Hakai said that it could take long if they were unlucky, and the other said that it wouldn't take too long, so she got some mixed answers. As they began to talk about the damage that they could deal Luna began to feel more than a little outclassed, looking down at her rapier in it's scabbard sulkily before being awoken from her stupor by the male player's voice, the man instructing the two to follow him. "I-Is he always this scary?" the bluenette asked Hakai before slowly following behind Xion. "Who is he anyway? I've never met him before...and I'm too nervous to ask his name" Luna asked Hakai before Xion had charged into a group of nepents, killing them instantly. It was only seconds after this that Luna saw two more nepents hiding behind a bush. "O-over there!" she said to Hakai before drawing her rapier and running towards the two, her rapier glowing a blue to match her hair as she activated her <<Rip ravine>> sword art on one of them, striking it twice and causing it's form to disappear in blue crystals as the other lashed out with a tendril but missed. 

Xion: (125/125) (27/30) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (Haymaker used -4 energy, +1 energy turn regen) 

Luna (12/12) (2/3) | 9 Mit | 4 DMG | 2 EVA  (-2 energy +1 turn regen) 

Little nepent (-1/7)  

Little nepent: (7/7)

Edited by Luna

ID# 64381 results:

Battle: 7 Hit!

Hakai watched as Xion just powered through four of the nepents, his spear obviously coming in handy. She had heard that spears were good for AOE attacks, but still, she was surprised that he could do enough damage for that. She walked over to the remaining nepent and slaced through it, her claws ripping through the mob seamlessly and causing it to explode into pixels. "Well, thats the last one for now. We should get a variant spawning soon. Just go ahead and take it out if you can Xion." He stated before turning to Luna and giving her a thumbs up. She had done a really good job taking out that nepent.

Little Nepent:0/7 DEAD

6/6 Dead

Edited by Hakai

ID: 64382

BD: 8 (Hit)

MD: 10 (Hit) 

LD: 11 (1-8= Xion 9-15= Hakai 16+= Luna) 

(2x(9x1)= 18 DMG= 5 = 13 DMG) 

Xion smiled as his two companions swiftly dispatched the two remaining little nepents with ease, surprised by the fact that even the lower levelled one was able to one shot her target with a sword art. "Very good...hopefully when we find the variant it drops what we need and we can get the hell out of here, collect the rewards and then go home...or to a tavern depending on if I want to get drunk. Saying that Hakai how do you feel about a night at thr local tavern?"  he asked the girl with a chuckle before her heard some more rustling and the sound of a tree being felled. "It's close..." the tank said before he ran through a brush, finding the nepent variant on the other side. "It's over here..!" he called out before activating a sword art, his glaive glowing yellow this time as he uses his <<maiming blow>> sword art, striking the beast twice and stunning it, along with putting a nice dent in it's HP.  

Xion: (125/125) (23/30) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (Maiming blow used -5 energy, +1 energy turn regen) 

Luna (12/12) (2/3) | 9 Mit | 4 DMG | 2 EVA  

Nepent variant: (2/15) | 5 MIT | 2 DMG [STUNNED] (-13) 

ID: 64386

BD: 8 (Hit) 

LD: 20 (Ovule found) 

(Rip ravine used: 2x(4x1)= 8 DMG -5 MIT= 3 DMG ) 

After Luna had taken out one of the remaining nepents she was happy to find that Hakai quickly took care of the remaining one with a simple swipe of her claws. As the otehr girl talked to the male player Luan caught his name, Xion. "Good to know I guess..." the mumbled to herself before noticing that Hakai has given her a thumbs up which helped the girl a lot with her confidence, the bluenetter smiling as she heard Xion charge into a mob again. "Does...does he ever check for danger Hakai?" she asked the girl before running at the now stunned Nepent variant, her rapier glowing blue again as she struck it twice in  a V pattern, it's HP dropping to zero and the beast exploding into shards of data as she smiled and jumped into the air. "Yes!" she exclaimed happily before she received the <<Nepents ovule>> as a reward. "H-hakai, this is the item right?" she asked, walking abck to the other player. 

Xion: (125/125) (23/30) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen 

Luna (12/12) (1/3) | 9 Mit | 4 DMG | 2 EVA  (-2 energy +1 turn regen) 

Nepent variant: (-1/15) | 5 MIT | 2 DMG [STUNNED] 

Edited by Luna

Hakai smiled happily at Luna quite surprised that they were already done with this quest, after only one wave of enemies. She had expected this to take at least three waves. "Yes, thats it. So we're done with this quest, all we have to do is turn that in." She said, still quite amazed at the quickness with which the three of them had completed the quest. She sheathed her claws, wondering why she had bothered to wast that potion, before motioning for Xion to lead the way back to the village where they could turn the quest in. 

Xion smiled as the girl with the rapier finished off the nepent variant, the blonde tank chuckling at her little celebration. "Well done.." he told ehr before Hakai stated that they just needed to turn the quest in, the teen nodding in response as he walked over to her and Luna. "And then, we take to the local tavern for some drinks and good times. Now, let us return to the town of beginnings!" he said to them happily before strapping his glaive to his back and marching out of the forest, the tank humming to himself merrily as he did. 

Luna smiled as the other two spoke of leaving the forest and reaping the rewards of the quest which sounded good top Luna as she desperately needed the SP"Y-yeah, let's go" she said to the others happily before Xion started talking about going to a tavern and drinking, something that Luna wasn't 100% sold on but she had thought about doing such a thing before, maybe it would be fun with Hakai around? "I...I'll go drinking if you want to Hakai? I mean it's j-just a game, can't be that bad" Luna said to the other girl before sheathing her rapier and quietly following Xion out of the forest. 

Hakai smiled at Luna as she said that she would go and drink with them if Hakai was going to. "Well, just a word of warning, you can get drunk here in game. And im all for it once we turn this quest in." She said to the other woman happily. There was just something about Luna that cheered her up when she was around her. Maybe it was just nice to have someone rely on you. She reached out a hand to grasp Lunas and started to follow along behind Xion. She was actually very excited to just hang out with her friends. Although conversation always seemed to turn to builds when she did hang out with others... or slightly more innapropriate things when she was around Sierra.

After a while of walking through the forest, twigs breaking and leaves crunching under Xion's boots, the tank shielding his eyes with an arm as a few rays of sunshine broke through the leaves. "Aha..I'm out..." he said as he turned to see the other two lagging behind, Hakai holding Luna's hand which made the tank smile. "Do I sense something coming on here?" he asked himself before shrugging and walking over to the NPC which gave out the quest, who spouted something about being thankful, Xion just accepted the rewards before shouting at the others. "I'm leaving for the tavern now, I'll meet you there". He then walked off towards the town of beginnings, heading towards a tavern that he liked very much. 

Luna was happy that Hakai seemed to want to go too, the fact that she was ok with it reassuring the rather nervous girl. "Yay Hakai!" she said with a giggle as she felt Hakai's hand holding hers, staring at it awkwardly as she didn't know what to do. She had never had her hand held by someone that wasn't her Mum or Dad before. Was she supposed to keep on holding it? Pull away? Hold tighter? She didn't know. In the end she just smiled and held onto her arm a little, for some reason it just seemed like something that she wanted to do, it made her feel safe...in a way that she hadn't felt in a long time. Before long they too had reached the NPC, Luna handing over the item and getting the reward. "You too Hakai, then we can go and Join Xi...whatever his name what at the tavern!" 

Hakai had absolutely no clue what tavern Xion was talking about, so she gave Luna a smile and quickly turned in the quest before following after Xion. He was pretty far ahead, but she managed to keep him in sight as she gently guided Luna, still holding her hand. She didnt rush, keeping him just visible ahead of them until he turned into a tavern ahead of them. She continued walking leisurely, holding Lunas hand, until they entered the tavern itself.

As Xion rounded a corner and walked up to the door of the tavern he smiled. "Ah, time for a good night that I may or may not remember, and drinks that I will never forget!" he said to himself before opening the tavern door, the heavily armoured player walking in, his steps heavy as a few patrons stopped to stare at him. "Bartender!" he yelled, an NPC walking towards him as he did. "Three tankards of ale please" he asked, the bartender nodding and walking off before Xion found a table for three in the corner of the establishment, his eyes trained on the door as he waited for his companions... and his ale. 

Luna smiled as Hakai guided her after Xion, the bluenette liking how Hakai seemed to want to take care of her in a sense, Luan feeling safe as he hand was held tightly by Hakai's. As they slowly followed the tank into the tavern Luna gulped, everyone there seemed scary, the girl clinging rightly to Hakai's arm as she gingerly walked towards the table that Xion had picked, her footsteps hesitant before she squealed and ran toward the safety of the table, dragging Hakai with her as she clung to the woman. "S-sorry I'm just nervous..." she said before an NPC arrived with three large tankards of Ale, Luna gulping as she looked at them. "Th-that much?" 

Hakai smiled at Luna as the young woman clung to her arm as they entered the tavern, apparently very nervous, before running to the table Xion was at, pulling Hakai along behind her. It seemed to be a bid to escape the looks that everyone had given them as they entered, curious about the newcomers. It didnt seem to have worked as now pretty much everyone in the tavern was staring at the two of them, and by association, Xion. It wasnt long before they lost interest however and went back to doing their own things. She gave Lunas hand a comforting squeeze before letting go. "Its fine Luna-chan. And yes, there is quite a bit. You dont have to drink it all though." She explained, worried that Luna might feel obligated to drink it all and push herself too far.

Xion chuckled as he saw the two, beckoning them closer as he noticed that the small blue haired one was rather nervous. "It's probably her first time in a tavern...it can be an intimidating place I'll admit that..." he said to himself as he noted the many eyes turning to stare at the pair as they made their way towards him, the bluenette eventually running towards the table, pulling Hakai along with her in her fear. "Calm down Luna..." he said to her before glaring at the ever curious tavern patrons. "Hey, kindly mind your own business" he told them sternly before looking back at the two. "Like Hakai said you don't have to drink it all, but I find that seeing what happens after it's all gone is the best part of the night, even if you don't remember it" he said with a chuckle before taking a few gulps from his tankard. "Drink up once you're ready and let's enjoy today in celebration of finishing the quest"