[PP-NK-F4] Bring me his head <<Night's king>> (Hikoru)

"Where is he?" Xion muttered to himself as he walked through the snow covered fourth floor of Aincrad, the tank's armoured boots crushing the pure white blanket as he walked, his footsteps heavy as he didn't care much about stealth, he wouldn't be surprised if a near deaf and blind person could tell that he was approaching. With a sigh the blonde haired teen planted his glaive in the snow and rested against  a tree, his arms crossed as he watched snow fall onto the floor in front of him, it was rather mesmerising. "Hopefully it doesn't take him long to get here...I could take this on my own, but it would take ages..." he said, he was referring to Hikoru, another frontline level player that he had met a little while back and was meant to be meeting to do a quest with. "I've become stronger since he last saw me...but I'm not at his level just yet" 

( @Hikoru )

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hikoru breathed as he stuck in the shadows of the snow storm, watching the Player Xion cut through the Snow, the crunching echoing off the nearby trees and hitting his ears, making him easy to find. He had received a message earlier in that day, and it was Xion, a lower leveled player he had helped awhile ago, asking to go out with him on one of the newly-released Quests. He was more than happy to go with the lower-levelled player on his Quest, but he had to make sure he was ready for this Quest. He breathed and stuck to the shadows, staying as low as he could. With his Ring, his Sneak and Hide skill was boosted to Rank 4, making him all but harder to see, which he was more than happy with. He sighed and continued forward, following the player for a little while longer. He would come out of hiding eventually, but the light of the sun would make him too easily seen, too easily a target, and he wasn't going to take that chance

"Remember... Stay in the Shadows, they are your only ally..." The voice in his head spoke. He nodded to himself, and stayed quietly and quickly within the shadows of where he was, keeping a close eye on the player as he did so.

Cassin's Ring Equipped: +1 Rank to Stealth. Must roll an 18+ on LD to be found

ID: 65061

LD: 1 (Fail) 

Xion sighed as he continued to wait, the teen's feet idly kicking the snow as he continued to rest against the tree. "He's taking his bloody time..." the blonde said as his eyes scanned the surrounding trees, trying to see if his friend was here, but just hiding from him for some reason. "Doesn't look like it...although I don't have any ranks in search and detect so I can't be sure..." the tank continued, grabbing his glaive, his grip on it tight as he felt a little nervous, not too much but just enough to make him want to have his weapon on him. 

Hikoru breathed and watched the player as he grabbed his weapon, making Hikoru tense. Was he found? Had the shadows failed him? No, no he never set an eye on him. He breathed and stood from where he was, still cloaked in darkness, he gave a small sigh

"If you mean me harm, leave Xion. if not, I want your weapon either set on the ground, or put away with your hands up. I can easily beat you, don't make me have to take that chance..." He said. he didn't want to harm his friend, but he was wary of him. His Orange Marker made him an easy Target, and he needed to be careful. He wasn't going to die here. He made a promise to himself that he would protect Ariel, and that was what he was going to do

Xion almost jumped as he heard Hikoru's voice, the blonde's head snapping in the direction of the man, his shield raised. "Ah...I't s just you" the tank said with a sigh of relief, lowering his shield before Hikoru continued to speak, ordering the player to either  drop his weapon or unequip it completely. "So he distrusts me that much..." he said before shaking his head, his greyish eyes staring directly at Hikoru. "No, I'm not going to drop it. Not because I mean you harm but only because i won't be held hostage by someone that I consider a friend Hik" he told the man confidently, the player resting his Glaive on his shoulder , his arm loosely keeping it in place. "I was just on edge, although you seem to be too..." he said with a small chuckle before noticing that Hikoru's cursor was orange, a change from when they had last met. Xion's brow furrowed as he looked at his friend. "Who did you kill...?" he asked, hoping that Hikoru had good reason for taking the life of another. 

Hikoru gripped his dagger for a moment, then lowered it as he was right. At this moment, he was being too overcautious, and he needed to calm himself. Xion was a friend, and he needed to remember that. He had never given Xion a reason to kill him, nor will he. He sheathed his Dagger in its holster, giving a small sigh as he asked about his Orange cursor, cringing as he asked who he killed, with tears in his eyes, he looked at the player

"The Arabian Nights Quest, I killed the bro... I killed the brother. For nothing but this ring, a few measely pixels on my finger. The life of another.... Thats what it cost...." He said, crying a bit. So much guilt, so much shame. Thats what was on his shoulders, and he felt.... alone... Even with other players surrounding him. He felt empty on the inside, and he couldn't do anything but try and redeem himself later, when he was stronger

Xion became worried as he saw tears in the other player's eyes, something that he had not seen before when it came to Hikoru. "Hik..." he said, walking towards him before the black haired player explained what he had done. He revealed that he had killed someone while doing the Arabian nights quest in order to obtain his ring, as he did it seemed that more tears fell from his eyes. Xion shook his head and placed an armoured hand on Hik's shoulder. "You know...if I didn't know you any better I would call you petty. But I know you did it in order to grow stronger, to survive in this damned death game...I can't blame you for that..." he said before letting go of his shoulder and sighing, what he said would have gotten him a sound rebuke from anyone in KOB,but Hikoru was his friend and he didn't see him as any less because of his cursor colour. "Trust me, there are people that have done worse and not shed a single tear...who, of course, will be punished at some point..." he said, not directly saying her name but he figured that Hikoru would know who he was talking about. "Anyway, we have a quest to do once you're ready"

Hikoru breathed and expected an attack, a shot from a weapon that would bring him close to death, and he awaited as tears flew down from his eyes. But instead, he felt a calm, reassuring arm on his shoulder, and Xion's voice telling him it was okay. He felt more tears, and gripped onto the players armor, crying his eyes out in the cold, until he was out of tears. He had cried just as much, if not more with Ariel, but he still felt tears in this moment, with a friend he could trust. After a few moments, he finished crying and took off his glasses, wiping his eyes and standing again, putting his glasses on and giving Xion a nod and a small smile

"Thank you... and sorry for that..." He coughs and looks up "Okay, lets get moving shall we?" saying as he moves on close to the player to the location of where they would have to fight

Xion chuckled as Hikoru apologised. "You don't need to apologise...there's nothing wrong with feeling emotion you know, it shows you care" he told the player with a smile before setting off in the direction of the quest location, opening his map so that he could check it as they walked. He sighed as he looked at the distance still left for them to travel. "Bloody walking...so tedious" he muttered as he idly twirled his glaive in his right hand before resting it on his shoulder once again. "As far as I know the Sp for this isn't too shabby so we both have a bit to gain from it, I may even level up from this one..." he said before turning to look at Hikoru again. "I'm level 31 now, slowly getting there eh? Although I don't know if I'll catch up to you or the others completely" he said with a chuckle. 

Hikoru nodded in agreement as the player complained about the tedious walking, and he couldn't agree more. He wished they had creatures to ride or some other way to get to Quest locations, but nothing was available in this game. He sighed and listened to the player as he talked about the SP gain and levels, and he just smiled. The player seem excited, like he had once been, and it made him smile even more

"Yeah, your catching up awfully fast. I myself am only level 39, possibly level 40 after this Quest. But my little tankling, your growing up on me" He said with a laugh. He smiled and sighed, enjoying not feeling the cool and brittle air on his skin, thanks to Survival, he didn't feel the affects of the cold, and he enjoyed it.

"Don't trust him.... He will betray you...." The voice whispered. he turned to see if anything was following, but nobody was, just him and Xion. He muttered to himself, losing his mind. He had no idea who or what this voice was, but he needed to figure it out. Because it wasn't his own mind as he had origionally thought, it was something more

ID: 65144

MD: 3 (Miss) 

Xion smiled as Hikoru commented on his catching up with the rest of the front line players rather fast, the black haired dagger user using the term tankling which made him chuckle. "I guess... it's still a long cimb, but at least I'm not so weak that such a thing seems impossible, it can be done and I will do it at some point whether sooner or later..." he said before checking the map again, they were close. "Although saying tankling suggests that I am not a fully grown tank. My mit has to be higher than all but a few people that I know of...but then again, I am comparing myself with people like Calrex..." he said with a sigh before he noticed that Hik seemed to be spooked by something, the blonde haired tank looking in the same direction. "You ok Hik?" he asked. "Whatever it was I doubt it can do anything to us" he said before continuing to walk, eventually the pair came across a large frozen palace, Xion grinning as he walked closer to the gates. "Impressive...now to Usurp it's current ruler" he said before 8 frost wights appeared, the skeletal looking beings slowly dragging themselves out of the snow. "Company...I'll get their attention" the tank said, tightening the grip on his glaive as he howled, four of the monsters looking towards him instantly while the others simply ambled about. The four that he had the attention of rushed at the player, swinging their weapons wildly but missing each and every blow. 

( H:3) Xion: (129/129) (31/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen 

Hikoru: (??/??) (??/??) 

Frost wight: (100/100) | 25 Mit | 40 DMG (50 DMG BD 9, 60 BD 10) [Target: Xion]

Frost wight: (100/100) | 25 Mit | 40 DMG (50 DMG BD 9, 60 BD 10) [Target: Xion]

Frost wight: (100/100) | 25 Mit | 40 DMG (50 DMG BD 9, 60 BD 10) 

Hikoru shook his head as he ignored his thought as Xion told him not to worry about whatever it was, and he turned his focus to the battle at hand. Xion howled and drew the attention of four of the eight creatures in front of him. He smiled and unsheathed his Dagger, charging forward and attacking one of the creatures. He used one of his weaker attacks, as he knew it would easily finish it off. He smiled and landed on the other side, looking back to expect it to turn into nothing but pixels. But as he turned to look, there it stood with a good chunk of health left. He was shocked for a moment, and opened his HUD to check his Damage, and it was at 10 instead of 13. He breathed and yelled to Xion

"Yo this wasn't apart of it!" he called out and turned to Xion "My Base damage is stuck at 10! Check yours!" He said as he closed it and returned to the battle

ID: 65165

BD: 5+2=7 Hit!

Hikoru used Rapid Bite: 2x5=10x10=100 Damage-25=75 Damage to Frost Wight

( H:3) Xion: (129/129) (31/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen 

(H:0) Hikoru: (156/156) (29/39)  

Frost wight: (25/100) | 25 Mit | 40 DMG (50 DMG BD 9, 60 BD 10) [Target: Xion]

ID: 65185

BD: 10 (Hit) 

MD: 9 (Hit) 

CD: 4 (Fail)

Xion watched as Hikoru sprung into action after the tank had howled, the black haired player moving swiftly as he struck one of the wights, his dagger slicing into it with ease twice, but surprisingly doing little damage. "What the...?" Xion said in surprise as Hik yelled at him, informing the player that his base damage had been reduced to 10, and advising the tank to check his. "That's a dirty trick!" he remarked before checking his base damage. It was still 9, so no change to him but Hikoru had been weakened. "It looks like it weakens players with high base damage, mine hasn't changed so maybe 10 is the highest it will allow!" he said before running at the wights, his spear glowing a blood red as he swung it in a wide arc, striking four of them and doing little damage but adding to his hate. Shortly after half of the mobs struck him, their blows doing very little damage but somehow ignoring his thorns. "Bloody things" he said before noticing that the others were attacking Hik, his HP taking a bit of a beating. "You ok there Hik?" he asked his friend.

( H:5) Xion: (125/129) (27/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (Used Haymaker = 11x2=22DMG-25=1 DMG) (-4HP) 

(H:0) Hikoru: (108/156) (29/39)  (-48HP) 

Frost wight: (24/100) | 25 Mit | 40 DMG (50 DMG BD 9, 60 BD 10) [Target: Xion]

Frost wight: (99/100) | 25 Mit | 40 DMG (50 DMG BD 9, 60 BD 10) [Target: Xion]

Hikoru sighed and charged again, slicing through the creature easily and moving forward, it soon turning into pixels. He was able to conserve some energy by using a weaker move, and it helped. He would be able to stay strong in the long run. He sighed and stood in the snow, just laughing as the creatures had hit him for a bit, and he just shrugged it off

"It's just a scratch. Trust me, I can get it back. Just keep gathering hate on these things one at a time and whittle them down." He said with a small sigh and awaited what would happen next.

ID: 65195

BD: 8

Hikoru used Infinite 1x5=5x10=50 Damage-25= 25 Damage to Frost Wight

(H:5) Xion: (125/129) (27/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen 

(H:0) Hikoru: (108/156) (25/39) (+1/-5)

Frost wight: (0/100) | 25 Mit | 40 DMG (50 DMG BD 9, 60 BD 10) [Target: Xion]

ID:65202

MD: 1 (Miss) 

CD: 8 (Success) 

Xion nodded in response to Hikoru stating that he was fine and informing the Tank to focus on accruing hate. "A solid plan, as long as you can reliably strike them we should be fine" he said in reply before inhaling deeply and letting out a beast-like howl, the loud sound drawing the attention of one more of the wights towards the tank. "That leaves three on Hik...I know he can take it but I still don't like the fact that anyone other than me is taking hits" he said before the wights attacked again, the creatures missing all of their attacks, which was at the same time a blessing and a curse. "I need them to hit me damnit!" he said, slightly frustrated, the tank sighing as he watched his HP regen. 

(H:8) Xion: (129/129) (28/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (+18 regen)

(H:0) Hikoru: (108/156) (25/39) (+1/-5)

Frost wight: (0/100) | 25 Mit | 40 DMG (50 DMG BD 9, 60 BD 10) 

Hikoru breathed and continued forward, slashing another creature and leaving him on low Health. He was close to killing it, but it's health still wasn't low enough for him to one-shot any of the creatures at this moment. He was starting to get annoyed, but he would just have to deal with it for now. He looked at Xion and gave him a thumbs up

"Alright, just finish off that one for now, okay? I'll work on getting these things. But i'm starting to run low on energy..." He said with a small sigh. he hated that it cost so much energy for him to attack, but he would have to deal with it, and learn to conserve some energy with his attacks.

ID: 65203

BD: 9 (+1 Damage)

Hikoru used Rapid Bite: 2x5=10x11=110-25=85 Damage

(H:8) Xion: (129/129) (28/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (+18 regen)

(H:1) Hikoru: (108/156) (16/39) (+1/-10)

Frost wight: (14/100) | 25 Mit | 40 DMG (50 DMG BD 9, 60 BD 10) [Target: Xion]

ID: 65204

BD: 2 (Miss)
MD: 10 (Hit) 

CD: 5 (Fail) 

As Xion saw Hikoru attack another wight and the damage the he did he couldn't help but get worried, sure he was conserving energy but they needed to take them out as quickly as possible, and as far as damage went Xion's wasn't 100% reliable. With a simple nod the tank held up his shield, bracing himself for the attack that was to come as four of the wights charged at him. While one of them tackled him head on three of them went around his back and side, attacking the vulnerable points in his armour, dealing little damage but ignoring his thorns. Meanwhile Hikoru was swarmed by the other three, his HP being brought dangerously low. "Hik!" Xion yelled as he rammed the wights out of the way, trying to attack them as he got free but failing. "Hik I know you can run using your unique so bloody do it...I can handle all of them on my own so don't worry. Just get out, regen your energy and health and then come back in. Don't take any more risks please..." he said, looking the dagger user dead in the eyes as he did, hoping that he would flee and save himself. 

(H:8) Xion: (125/129) (28/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (-4) 

(H:1) Hikoru: (42/156) (16/39) (60-38= 22DMG 22x3=66) 

Hikoru gasped as the creatures attacked his weak point, and his health was brought dangerously low. He gasped in fear and nodded, running away from the battlefield and soon entering stealth. He breathed and sat in the darkness, standing with his hands on his knees, bent over and regaining his breath. He hoped Xion would be okay, he didn't want to see him die

"I warned you that you couldn't trust him..." the voice muttered into his ear "You almost died, and what would that have done?..." he breathed and soon became scared. The voice was right, buy he knew Xion wouldn't want him to die... right? He breathed and did his best to ignore the voice and focus on the fight from afar .

Hikoru ran using Shadowed Path, entering stealth. Must roll a LD of 18+

(H:8) Xion: (125/129) (28/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (-4) 

(H:1) Hikoru: (42/156) (16/39) (60-38= 22DMG 22x3=66) 

ID: 65210

BD: 5 (Miss)

MD: 1 (Miss) 

CD: 5 (Fail)

Xion let out a sigh of relief as Hikoru took his advice and ran, the player disappearing into the shadows where Xion could not see him. "Good...he's out of harms way..." he said to himself before turning to face all of the wights, fire in his eyes as he thought about how close his friend had come to death. "Bastards...if you think you can attack my friend and get away with it you're mistaken, so fight me damnit!" he said before the wights obliged, charging him with zeal, but the tank was able to dodge each and every one attack, their crude weapons simply hitting air or being buried into the snow upon which they stood. Xion lashed out with his glaive but one of the wights deflected a blow with it's own weapon. 

(H:8) Xion: (125/129) (27/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (-4) 

(H:1) Hikoru: (42/156) (16/39) 

Hikoru watched as the battle ensued, sighing and waiting to see what would happen next. He was expecting to see Xion get hit, but he easily dodged the monsters attacks. Not the usual thing a tank does, but he was glad his friend was protected and being safe. He sighed and waited for his health to Regen, his Energy returning as well. He sighed and sat on the ground, waiting to see what would happen 

(H:8) Xion: (125/129) (27/31) | 101 Mit | 9 DMG | 28 Thorns | 18 Regen (-4) 

Hikoru: (48/156) (+6)

1/3 Posts until Energy Regen