[PP:F1] Purple and Gold (Aya and Shinzoku)

*Ping* a message she glanced over it and then realised who it was from, Shinzoku, “I’m in the Hogsback Inn within the Town of Beginnings.” She turned realising she couldn’t immediately turn up that would be too obvious she had been close all this time. Sat in the tree, waiting, watching; well mostly, mainly reading.

Aya composed a quick replyWill be there shortly just attending to something and then will be with you”

She hit reply and selecting the book sent it to her inventory.

Slowly in the fading light of the day she headed towards the twinkling lights of the inn and Shinzoku’s location. Aya was extremely thankful that she wouldn't have much of a walk back to the Dragon's head inn, they were practically around the corner from each other. Pushing open the door she scanned the inn, She spotted him at a table, hands together, lost in thought. Hi,” she said quietlyYou ok?”

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a small ping, quickly opening up my menu I glance over the girl’s reply before dismissing the interactive display. “The Hogsback Inn.” I muse quietly, even as my mind is shouting louder than the sound of gunfire to me. “You really want to meet this girl here? You know things never go well with girls. Just look at what happened to your mother.” My face grimaced as the door opened to the Inn and Aya slid into the chair in front of me. “H-Hi.” I stumbled in reply gripping my hands tighter together. “Had she seen me in that state?” “You ok?” The next question out of Aya’s mouth caused a shiver to run down my spine. “Just about Aya, it’s been a long day.” I said offering her a smile, “What do you make of all that? The various players we met today? That Rain person and the Knights of the Blood Oath?”

Looking up he seemed tired and stressed “Just about Aya, it’s been a long day.” "Oh I'm glad it was the same for you too" she thought “What do you make of all that? The various players we met today? That Rain person and the Knights of the Blood Oath?” "It was the interaction between the hidden orange player, X and his familiar that concerned me the most" "Go on apologise" her internal monologue criticised. "Sorry it caught me off guard completely and I was convinced you had lead me into a trap, I shouldn't have thought so and helped you in combat but I am a bit wary around orange players. Rain and the Knights of the Blood Oath, from what I've heard they are a front line assault guild as for there members or anything else I've got no idea. X annoys me, his singing leaves much to be desired I feel sorry for his familiar and he seems to attract a lot of unwanted attention."

• 2 weeks later...

Inclining my head to Aya, my own eyes meeting hers. “Knights of the Blood Oath…” My fingers drum rapidly on the table in front of me. I stop gently folding my hands amongst each other looking up at the waitress her came nearby. “Could I have a coffee and a green tea please.” I ask her quickly before turning my attention back to more important matters at hand. Chuckling at Aya’s description of X. “You’re right there is much to be desired by the boy’s singing. However, I do believe he is mostly innocent.”

Taking a few breaths, I close my eyes for several seconds before reopening them. “The orange player seemed genuine enough. I’d hazard my guesses he turned orange through the quest on the fifth floor.” I stop talking my mouth feeling dry, “Is it worth risking everything for this? I’ll never know.” Slowly I take a deep breath before continuing to speak. “Aya, what would you do if you were scouted by a guild?” I let my lips fall shut, my ice likes eyes piercing at the woman.

Aya Listened intently to Shinzoku, she wasn't hungry but as soon as the waitress had moved away she wished she had also ordered something to drink. Responding to his comment about the orange player she responded “My opinion of orange players hasn't been helped by the stories, most of them, highly over exaggerated, in places like this” She gestured to their surroundings continuing. “But I completely agree without knowing people, anyone to be fair, you don't know what brought them to the situation they are in today, made them who they are; who is anyone really to judge” she trailed off. The question about a guild had completely thrown her “That's what this was about it was an initiation, and you failed” her internal monologue didn't stay quiet for long.

“Errm, I'm not sure what I would do, if I was scouted by a guild, to be honest.” pausing she gave it some more external thought. “I guess I'd want to know more about the guild, what they stood or, how I could support them .” Looking round she was hoping to spot the waitress her mouth was turning dry. “Why do you ask?” her curiosity couldn't wait any longer she needed to know his purpose, was he stuck in a situation he couldn't get out of?

Listening to Aya’s response, I can feel the twitch of my lips as I nod with approval. “I suppose you’re right, to learn what they are about before committing to anything.” I reply as the purple haired girl finishes speaking. A small chinking comes from the side of me as the coffee and green tea arrive. Bowing my head in thanks to the NPC I take the coffee and slide it over to Aya, “You didn’t think I ordered both for myself now?” I pause as I take a sip of my tea, the steam wafting up my face and over my eyes. My natural instincts take over and I begin to blink rapidly in quick succession before pulling my head out of the steam. Letting out a breath I meet the girl’s gaze once again. “I was curious that was all, there are many guilds out there. The most prominent being the Knights of the Blood Oath it seems.”

Raising the cup to my mouth I blow on the steam for a moment, trying to steer the swirl of thoughts that I was having. “In this game, in order to survive a guild is the best way to do that. A solo player’s life isn’t an easy one from what I understand.” A loud thud comes from the door to the inn, I glance up to see a burly red haired man entering the Hog’s Back Inn, shrugging I return to my conversation. “I am thinking of joining a guild but I wouldn’t know where to start, what about yourself has anyone approached you about membership?”