[PP-F1] A Fresh Start (AgonyKi)

Upon the crisp, pleasant rebirthing of a new day, the sun began to cast it's warming embrace across the vasts of Aincrad. It was at this very time that people would open their shops, and prepare for the torrent of consumers, whereas the less obligated folk would relax, and soak in the quiet for a little while longer. Such was the case for Esper, the tank in training. Sprawled out on a bench that lined up with many others around a fountain, Es snoozed about, absent of any care in the world. It was in fact rather bold to be laying around in the center of the Town of Beginnings. The consequences were for naught, as she cared little. "zZZzzz.....Nn....Nhh?" About an hour later, the streets had begun to fill, and the crowds incited lots of noise, yelling over each other amidst the scrambling players, searching each for their specific needs. As it would be natural, this eventually brought Esper to her senses. The dark skinned girl, still clad in her starter armor, opened her eyes, still horizontally positioned. The world was sideways, and the noise was nauseating. "....Huuuah." Her lazy yawn was accompanied with a drawn out, paced stretch, one arm cupping the elbow on the opposite arm, and once more. After this, being sat up, her eyes surveyed the surroundings with an unobservant glare. A minute or so put her sleepy state away, as she stood up, and crossed her arms, but not before wiping the dried drool from her face with a short sense of embarrassment. "Ah, new day, new day. Or something like that." Failing to put together the term for which her mind searched for, Esper now began to walk amongst towngoers and NPCs, scootching inbetween where she could, up until she dispersed from the crowd, and onto the less busy alleys. The path she took would lead her towards the city gates, but she kept herself entertained by watching her feet, tread left foot, after right, upon the dirtied cobblestone.

Underneath the virtual but yet realistic scorch of the Aincrad sun, AgonyKI wondered through the crowd of many of the other players and NPC'S bartering with other players or NPC's. The strong voices that vibrated through the air and onto her skin filled her with slight enjoyment. It felt enlightening to her that despite the situation, people could still maintain such a proper and brave standing in the virtual realm. She had never once felt a slight bit of public interaction, even if she wasn't talking to anyone. 

The air felt as real as she could feel it. In fact, it was one of the only things she could think about in her time in Aincrad. She always felt under pressure until now. "Haa...." Her voice sprang to life as she felt the slight breeze wind against her skin as she had left the crowd and into the open. "Is this... what it's like?" She looks at the sun almost directly and immediately regrets the decision with the bright light recoil against her pupils. "Nnrrg..." Her hands aided her eyes as she faced down at the cobblestone ground. "Why does somthing so beautiful have to be hurtful..." She mildly sobs to herself as she slowly recovers from the searing light that the sun stormed onto the world. 

The crowd seemed to continue to thicken. So she had headed towards the more center part of town.l to avoid the chaos for the small amount of time she had left before everyone had stormed to the streets. "So many people...." She had whispered to herself in amazement.

Edited by AgonyKI

Along her walk, the girl stared ahead, her ruby tinted eyes glinting in the bright reflection that the light refracted upon the world. While the sun blazed above them, leaving hardly a shadow upon the street, it didn't feel humid. It was just a mere brush of warmth that encased the realm at a moderated ratio. It was perfect, in short. And at last, Esper had met her destination, the towering gates of the capital. She reached out with her left hand, the tips of her fingers touching the threshold with a light slide, her head leaning down. For some reason or another, she still doubted going out on her own. That reason was most likely her level, being so low, thus HP was drastically low. So, after a little convincing, she reared up, instead walking back towards the capital. She knew what she was searching for, too. She wanted a player, or at the very least, just some NPC that she could get to follow her out. "No point in dragging the guards out there, they never listen anyway. But I guess maybe I just don't listen, do I? 'I have to stay within the city walls, ma'am.' They say. Hahh."

The girl's brain started to function more and more as time passed by. Almost like a working machine working faster and faster to finish a fine days work. She has always wondered how they could have created such a beautiful fake reality. It was almost as if it was created by another big bang. A new open universe to explore. She then started to think of the sad reality of the situation that many other players face. REAL death, in a fake reality.

The fact that a sword practically  hung above her head at that moment. She felt some pressure then. Her past, her future, it won't matter if she had died now. Her feelings started to drop into the ocean of despair. In her mind, she didn't care about dying, she only cared about how her help could mean more people's lives saved. But she needed to snap out of it, she needed to be strong. Somthing she was never good at. But it was time for a change.

*Sniff* 

*Sniff*

She lifted her head up as her nostrils withered. No tears fell. Not even a weep.

"It's time I changed. It's time I put myself to use, other then trying to be a verbal heroine...."

As time passed, Esper came upon the city again, the entrances thick with players of all sorts. Tall ones, skinny ones, stocky ones, they're wasn't anything in absence of the mass. Colors frayed in all types, weapons of many imaginable sorts. It was a parade. And it had everything. Tearing her gaze from the occurance, the girl veered off path, into a barren street, commonly compared to an alleyway. It led to the square, so she was hardly sure why it wasn't packed to the rim, but, she let the matter be. It was fortunate for her that she could get through it, anyhow. No need to spoil something useful. Once she parted from the opening, she found herself back in the square again. This time around, it was much less noisy and populated. What? Did something happen in her short time away? It definitely was weird, but again, she accepted that she couldn't possibly know if she wasn't there. Except, one thing did stand out. There was a girl standing alone. She held her own there, so she could have been waiting on someone. But what if she weren't?

Esper found the risk too high to not at least consider, and it took rather little convincing to push her in the girl's direction. As she wasn't the best at approaches, Es walked up to the girl from behind, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Everything alright? You aren't lost, are ya?"

The mind of the white haired girl was absent. Trying to meditate and hopefully build a stronger will based core in her mind. But she was approached by another player. For the first time ever. She seemed even of sort of importance to someone. Not just some 'pretty doll' Who is 'desperate'. 

""Men..."" She thought as that thought arose. 

KI looked at the player who confronted her. "No, I'm not lost. I'm just trying to gather myself so I can be ready for this new world. A-and sorry if I'm being... awkward...." She said with a slight shake in every word. AgonyKI was never good at unprepared conversations. She almost was always ready to help someone but never to be helped.

Awkward? Nah. Esper has seen awkward, and this girl didn't come close. She just seemed a little troubled, was all. It was normal, anyway, she considered. Even she herself was frightened on the first day. "You've got nothing to worry about, I think you're just fine. Ah, welcome to the death game, by the way. If it's your first day, then I'm sure you've already figured that out. But we can spare the details, yeah? C'mon, let's get you familiarized with the game mechanics, alright? I'll show ya everything you need to know for starting out. Keep in mind that I'm also a new player, so my knowledge is rather limited." Esper hooked the girl around her other shoulder, keeping her at her side as they walked. Of course, she acted like a tour guide through the first few minutes, showcasing the shops and main areas of the capital, along with the less inhabited places. She boasted a decent mood, all but a smile resting on her face. "You probably won't make much use of most of the capital, but that's alright. And I can show you again as much as you want, so don't worry about soaking it all in at once, mmkay?"

The fact that someone was actually showing Ares around was quite refreshing to her. Not once has someone came and offered help to her. She has always been the one wanting to help others, and putting herself at stake to make them happy. Whether it was being more emotionally Impaired, Banned in a video game, or she would go as far as to sacrifice herself to have another person live. The thought of death just mortified her. But this 'Death Game', she would have to be stronger. She will see other die. And she still hasn't fully accepted that fate.

While touring the town, the feelings the town gave off where somewhat odd. To Ares, certain parts of the town felt haunted. Like people actually died here already. The though made her want to regurgitate. But the game wouldn't let her for some reason. But the noise she had made while trying to her hard to go unnoticed. She had let out a cough afterwards. "S-sorry..... I just don't feel good..." She let's out an awkward chuckle trying to hide her embaressment for the kind player. Her face slowly built up a red glow as she chuckled. But it was obvious she couldn't hold much of her own stomach due to her small and nimble structure.

Esper paused, moving her hand from her shoulder as she expressed her concern, through a short, but soft chuckle. "Eat something ya shouldn't have? We all do, no biggie. Here, let's sit you down." Since there wasn't exactly a bench in sight, the only viable option was to help her to the floor, she instead recommended just sitting in the grass, just off the road. It wasn't a huge spot, a mere patch the size of an average household yard, but it was plenty of space for only two. "Unfortunately, instead of hurling in the game, it just resorts to a stomach-ache sort of simulation, and even poison if it gets to that point. It's not a good feeling, I'd imagine, so we can stay here as long as you need to. I've got nothing else to do, and you look like you could use a little help."

But this girl, she seemed different. Of course, anything someone wasn't used to seemed different, but this time, the feeling was pushed farther, past the threshold of mere accustom. Esper wasn't sure if she was just imagining things, but this girl seemed a little antsy. And if she was to make early assumptions, fragile.

The grass they had sat on was never felt by Ares. Grass wasn't a thing she had ever sat in, touched or even really seen much of in the real world. She never looked outside her windows. She was never aloud outside. The grass tickled her skin. But relaxed her. It felt like it had touched her soul as it caressed her. It felt inviting. She soon lays back in the grass and let's aan enjoying sigh out with a smile across her face. Even if it was fake grass, it still felt real to her. She had tried not to let out to much emotion, due to the fact that she didn't want to scare off the other player. Or worse to weird them out.

She stopped and looked at the sky for a moment, wondering how long will she last in the virtual world. The image in her head of others dying was still there. She wanted to be stronger for the other players. She wanted to be someone. She couldn't recall the title for the fiction she has seen on television. "Hero...." She had hummed to herself. She had stared at the sky long enough to see herself flying. She smiled. That's who she wanted to become. A heroine. Someone for people to count on. As sissy as it sounded to her, she wanted to become one. For everyone. For their sake.

While Esper's attention had drifted up towards the sky, decorated with clouds of many forms, she did still catch wind of the simple word that the other female emitted. It was soft, and subtle, but clearly audible in the silence. "Hero, that's right. We have heroes here. They fight hard, and relentlessly for our freedom, and safety. It's almost a shame that their lives are so short. But there's hope inside all of that, kiddo. Inspiration is a powerful thing." After she said it, she took her own thought to heart. She's gone over the idea a million times, promising herself, and her father that she'd fight death, so everyone could live. It was pressuring, for sure. Hell, she still hadn't convinced herself that she could do it. Because honestly, unless she did the impossible, there was no way she'd advance her level in time to match up with the highest floor difficulty in time for the front liners. They cleared floors quickly, and as long as that happened, the chances of her withstanding the difficulty was rather low. But that was a thought to consider when she advanced further into the game. She was still nooby at the precise moment. A level 4 had no reason to worry about those things.

The sentence she had listened hum into her ears was quite reassuring. She wanted to put herself on the line for others. But she was to scared to at the same time. The fear of losing her life didn't scare her, it was the feeling others would get after she had died. "I want to be just like them one day.... I want to meet them.... All of them." She said boldly.

"By the way... I don't think we properly introduced ourselves... You can call me... Uh..." She stuttered for a moment. "Agony.... Yeah... Agony. Or you can call me KI..." She still had no idea how the virtual world worked. If she would tell her username or her actual name. It wasn't to clear for her.

True to the girl's words, Esper also wanted to be with the people she lost. Even the those she didn't know directly. It became a comfort to imagine them among the stars, watching her live. She promised to make something of herself, and to live happily for them. And, well, this was just a setback. There wasn't a reason she couldn't be happy here, with new friends. So that's what she'd do. "Agony, huh? I'll call ya whatever you're more comfortable with, but I do like Ki. It's like a cute nickname, yeah? Well, the names Esper. Y'know, kinda sounds like espresso. That's partially the word I used to form Esper, so as you know, I'm not exactly a creative chick. It's alright though, doesn't much smudge my real name. In fact, I kinda like Esper better. It's like getting a new identity, right? Totally cool." Absentmindedly, she had begun to brush the girl's hair with her fingers, only such to provide comfort as they sat. "You've got style. Your hair is super soft. Only, it's not exactly real hair. Still nice though."

The girl felt slight comfort in the sudden feeling her hair being brushed. It came naturally from her stepmother. But then it hit her. The moment she said it wasn't real, she felt as if the virtual world has gotten to her even deeper into Esper before she even knows. "Esper.... I never... changed my hair when I came into SAO.... Not once..." She responds with a guilty sigh in her breath. 

She really liked the name. ""Esper... Esper.... Esper..." She thought in her head over and over. The name was like a warm fire flowing in the air in front of her. Or like the softness of a kittens fur. She loved the name. It suited the other girl.

The dark toned girl's eyes widened a little, realizing the mistake in the way she worded her sentence. She didn't mean that the hair itself as an appearance between video game and reality was different, she merely meant that it was simulated. It was data. Their entire bodies were data, since they weren't physically there. "Ahh, I think you misunderstood. I meant that our hair is simulated data, as in not real. I didn't mean that you changed your hair to look different! I'm sorry, I guess I should've clarified. I'll try to be more specific." Esper rubbed the back of her neck, a meek laugh sprouting due to the circumstances. Misunderstanding occurred around her all the time. While she meant what she says quite literally, she sometimes is blunt to the point of confusion, which sometimes incites meanings completely unintended. Such was the case right now. 

But after this, Esper asked a simple question, that might result in a broad range of meanings. "So, what do you intend to do? Anything on you mind? I'll help ya if I can."

The neck massage left her absent minded. The relaxation left her speechless for a moment. But then the words spoke from the other player, and rumbled her awake. 

"Uhm... I'm not sure... what is there?" KI spoke to the woman with a wincy eyed look. She had never really looked into what there could be to do. She always loved to help people. No matter the cost.

(OOC - Be extra careful of that 150 word min. req!)

Esper sat in silence for a moment, considering the available options, to which they could do at such a low level. She was only a level 4 herself, so mobs would be a terrible idea. Non-Combat material gathering would be the best choice, but the chances of finding items is rather low. Of course, they could also just go about casual things, familiarizing themselves with surrounding areas, maybe acquaint the newcomer to some friends and shopkeepers....or, they could just relax. The day was still young, and Esper had plenty of time to help someone in need. She would hope that someone would do the same for her, in such an occasion. That's why she made most of her efforts. Because she believed that good things come from good actions. Help someone today, and you never know. They might just return the favor. 

"Well, as of the moment, we could gather some materials. I know a few apple trees that we could look at, not far from where we are now. Of course, if you're still not feeling right, we could leave the work aside. But until you level yourself up a bit more, work and work and more hard work'll be needed. Required, actually."

(OOC- Sorry I was in a hurry to post it cause I was about to get yelled at lol)

KI was determined to do whatever it took to increase her strength. The amount of work was irrelevant to her as she'd do anything to be able to assist other people in more ways then one. Her soul burned true. She needed get better. No other option but to get stronger. As she sat back up in the grass with her muscle pushing at full strength, she rocketed up rather quickly. She looks over at the dark skinned player.

"I need to get stronger. I'll do whatever it takes for me to get better." Her voice filled with fire, she rumbles the air with her semi-high pitched voice. Her body hardened by determination and will power. 

Her attitude changed quite quickly. It almost seemed as if she were never even sick stomached a minute ago. It was impressive, to say the least. To observe the fighting spirit in anyone was to see the purest, strong willed soul inside. It was enlightening to Esper. It in fact placed a smile of her own across her cheeks, as she stood up along with her, and took a few steps in the gate's general direction. "Just what I like to hear! Then to start, we'll gather some materials through non combatant strategies. It'll be tough, but hardly lethal. Gathering materials is very important to the necessities it can supply, and the suppliers that can benefit from having it. In order to get good armor and weapons, even items to have at the ready, you'll either need col, or materials. Whichever they agree on, is just what they need. And you need what they have. It's common barter between men and women, y'know? And once you get your level up a bit, we can hunt mobs together, and get some real materials! It's guaranteed from the select beasts, so gathering is much easier. This'll have to suffice for now though. Coming?" The bleach-blonde waved her hand to gesture the girl to follow her, and turned her back to start walking towards the gates, now in view.

• 3 weeks later...

KI had gotten up to follow the dark skinned girl. "H-hey! Wait for me!" She yelled out towards her as shs stumbled to catch up. Moments after she had caught up, she walked along side the girl with a smile kn her face. She didn't talk to people much. But the feeling of hanging out with someone felt better then being alone. Even if it's only been a few moments, she felt like she had made a strkng bond with someome already. It was almost like a best friends against the world feeling. The smile acorss KI's face grew more and more by the moment the more she thought about it.