(PP-F1) Oh, the Agony! [AgonyKi]

Jonathan strolled on the first floor. He had not been in this area searching for players in about a week, so he decided he would give it another go. His green eyes scanned the rea for a player, that might need his assistance, or just seemed bored in general. A slight breeze brushed his bright golden blond hair. He did not have his armor or shield equipped, revealing a black handled sword on his back, A White cotton shirt, and a pair of jeans. He sighed and made a left, going down into the town square. He passed the markets and reached the center of town. This was where most players hung around. He should easily find someone down here. Jonathan took a deep breath and headed in to the center.

Ares was always hanging around the town square is she wasn't out buying or collecting goodies. The prices for most of the weapons she had bought were complete blasphemy. Overpriced and underwhelming power riddled weapons. She had never been able to get her hands on a fairly decent weapon. She had always been stuck with the starting gear ever since she has arrived in the database of a virtual world.

Only once time she had partied with another player, but it didn't work out so well. She was never the less useless in the the duo. 

"How am I ever going to reach the top..." She thought to herself as she let out a long and desperate sigh. The breathe she had let go felt like a sandstorm just left her body. But the storm still raged within her bosom. All but the while waiting for somthing to pop up in her head to fill her schedule for the day.

Jonathan searched the square, searching for any players that may looked like they needed help, needed some assistance, or just looked plain old bored. He looked around, thought bit of like twenty players. Then he caught glimpse of a female player. He could not exactly tell if she had white or a light blue hair. She looked a mixture of all three things he had mentioned. She looked bored, she only had starting gear, which would never get her anywhere. He had starting gear once. It sucked. He walked over with a warm smile and said, Hello, Do you possibly need any help with anything. I thought I could possibly be of assistance. Jonathan finished with a smile and hoped the girl would let him help. 

A voice crackled in the air for a moment as Ares had felt somewhat sleepy while day dreaming. The voice became more subtle as she arose from her somewhat cryogenic state. She sees a male player, standing before her. "You want to help me? I... actually could use the help..." Ares had felt somewhat embaressed, not even making eye contact with the stranger because she felt kind of shy against males mostly. It almost never goes well. But in her eyes, or... mind, he seemed rather nice.

"I haven't made any progress since I've been here.... I've had lots of trouble..." She continued on until she felt that the need for more words was inadequate for the standing conversation.

Jonathan watched as the girl jumped slightly, she must have been in some state, where she was staring off into space and she sees what was going on, bu did not make sense of anything she saw, just thinking. He did that occasionally. She finally responded, seemed startled by the fact he wanted to help her. She accepted the help, but kept her head down, not making eye contact with him. She seemed a tad shy,so he backed up a step to give her some space. She said she had not made any progress. Jonathan thought for a second. Well, if you would possibly like to make some progress, I would be more than happy to make sure you survive the day... He smiled but she would not see it if he could not make her comfortable enough to look at him. My name is Jonathan... It is nice to meet you...

Ares had looked up finally after she heard his name. The name was fairly common but she hasn't heard it as much as anyone else. "M-my name is Ares.... Nice to meet you." She was still fairly shy but she looked up at the man and let loose a long heart warming smile. She's not very good with a retaliation approach. But that was her best.

Jonathan listened as the girl introduced herself as Ares. It was a strange name, but he liked names like that. He seemed to have warmed up the girl a tad, and she found the confidence to look up at him and smile. It will ake her all day to just go outside the walls... This is going to be difficult, but nothing I can not manage... Jonathan looked at the girl and said, So, do you want to go and fight some boars or something? Don't worry, I have just the thing to keep you safe. Jonathan slowly reached over and grabbed the girl's hand. It was much colder than his. He slowly pulled the girl up and to her feet. And hoped she would not go back to shy or berserk. 

Ares felt strange as the boy held her hand as she had stood up. It felt so much warmer then hers. The touch felt very strange. But that's because she never early was touched by other hands other then her stepmothers hands. But as she heard the 'Fight' and the 'Boars' part of the sentence, she started to feel sort of cowardly. She didn't enjoy fighting often. She was more of a peaceful soul. But she needed to be stronger. "Y-yeah.... I think I can learn.... fighting.... boars...." She said kind of scared in the gut a slight bit.

Her stance was sort of shaken. But there was a small hint of determination in her soul to become stronger. Not only for herself, but for everyone.

Jonathan smiled as he got the girl to at least go out and train. You could not progress without it. And progress is what all of these players need. He smiled and walked forward and outsidde of the gates. He checked behind him to make sure the girl was still there. She was, but she seemed a bit shaken, but behind Jonathan could see a bit of determination. Jonathan equipped his armor. He would have equipped his shield but It would definenlty kill the boar with its thorns. He seen one of the weak boars in  front of him and Jonathan let out a nerve racking howl. The boars eyes flashed and it began to move towards Jonathan. I have got the attention, you kill it

Spoiler

Jonathan 64/64

Ares ?/?

Boar 3 damage 0 MIT {Jonathan--3} 

Ares was already mortified by the fact she was being charged at. She clinched her sword for her dear life and held it in front of her. She had no idea how sword skills worked or even most of skills worked. But once the board got close enough, she had tried to attack it with basic swings. Ending up with a miss. Punished by a push back from the boar.

"Kuu!" The noise of recoil came from Ares as her body met the ground. Leaving her in disarray.

OOC The boar was not charging you... And you never rolled.... You know how to do that right? Just PM if you dont...

Jonathan watched as the girl seemed terrified... She slashed at it, but did not hit the target. She fell back out of being scared. Jonathan sighed and waited as the boar charged him. You must ready yourself, and learn to not be scared, I can teach you, this thing is as weak as they could possibly come. Just ready yourself, focus, make the right moves, and Cardinal will do the rest for you. Jonathan watched as the boar charged him. His eyes squinted and he struck forward, the blade making its mark. The boar shattered into nothing. We could do something to try to boost your confidence if you want to... trust me, it will get easier. Jonathan sheathed his sword and stared at the girl. This is much harder than it looks, id have more luck with a little kid at the rate this is going...

Spoiler

66281 BD:10

Jonathan 64/64

Agony 4/4???

Boar 0/4

Edited by Morgenstern

Ares felt bad already. It hadn't been but moments before she had made a fool of herself. She gets up and picks up her sword. "I know... I'm terrible... but... I'm sorry!.... I never had the confidence....!" Ares felt terrible for having the male player carry her to her first fight. The fact that she fell over was humiliating in itself alone.

She had let head head hang low in shame as if she had dishonored an entire mafia. "I will get better... I have to!" Already on the verge of crying and it's only been moments into teaching her basic combat. The will in her burned strong but slowly going out.

Jonathan listened to Ares tell him she had no confidence, and that she never has. That was it. Jonathan had struck the base of the problem, the girl had to be much more confident with herself. She then said, that she had to get stronger, but hung her head low in shame. Jonathan put his palm on the bottom of her chin and lifted her head to look at his eyes. You can do it, and you will do it... It must take some time, but you will prevail, we just have to spark the confidence to start the fire... Now first we need a fighting reason... Let us start with... is there anybody in the real world, that you care and you want to seem them again? Jonathan stared at the girl, and removed his hand from her chin. 

Ares looked up at the man. The feeling for someone? She had none... Never really had.... She stayed silent. The fact that he had asked that made her numb on the inside. The lesser feeling of being unloved and unwanted.

Ares looked lost. She knew she did. And she admitted it to the man with no words. Her expression stayed there for a while. Even after she thought it in her head. Over and over again. It's started to drive her nuts. She had always wanted someone to care for. But she wanted to care for someone. At least for a while. But the ringing kept her from keeping that train of thought processing.

Edited by AgonyKI

Jonathan watched as the girl sat in silence. A few minutes paseed and there was still no answer... Well..... This might be  lot harder than he thought it was going to be. Well, then.... Is there anything in the real world that you really need to get back to, any reason. School, an animal? The rest of your life perhaps? Jonathan stared at the girl. He was not absolutely sure he could help her. She seemed to be almost impossible so far, and it was not getting any better... He was completely failing. Jonathan rubbed the back of his head. Could he help? 

She never had anything she had actually liked to do in the real world. Never had anything of importance. Her only goal in life was to help as many people as she could before she met her demise. The only response she had given was a head shake saying No. 

The gap she had felt in her was ever so bigger then anyone else's. Ares then spoke. "I only want to be stronger for everyone.... I want to help others...." Her words spoke in a shaky pattern. The description was basic but no where close to vague or unfinished. She had no goal in life. So there wasn't much to explain.

Jonathan listened as Ares finally spoke. She wanted to only be stronger for everyone else in this game. That was hard to answer. Jonathan had always wanted to get out, to meet his mother and sister. He had never wanted to get stronger for everyone else, he just wanted to protect them. Okay then, we will get stronger together.... Get stronger for me, for everyone else that is stuck here... you might not be able to fight for yours, but fight for everyone elses life outside of this game... That was all Jonathan could manage. it was almost impossible to get to this girl, but he believed he had finally managed it. 

Ares looked up. Gave a warm smile to the man. The inspiration felt inviting. Needing. Refreshing. She nods with a hop. "I'll do that... I'll fight for everyone else. I want everyone to be happy... I don't want anyone to cry..." She had finally set her goal. Enough to finally go on. For enough fire to settle in her soul to get started.

No longer will she cower behind someone. As long as she had people to fight for, she'd fight over and over. Whenever you will be needed.

Jonathan watched as the girl looked up at him with a warm smile, confirming that he had broke through the cold dead and shattered veil that shrouded the girl. She said she would fight for everyone else. Jonathan smiled back at the girl. He had sparked and lit the fire of confidence. Question was, what now? Train, that was the only thing for now. "Now, you are not ever going to be able help anyone unless you become strong enough to. We should train you so you can be able to help people. You could never help as a low level... Jonathan smiled. He had the reason, the inspiration. 

Ares nods her head in excitement. The combat aspect was going to be a tough thing for her to get used to. "I'll do whatever it takes.  Anything needed to help everyone...." She says in strong determination in her voice. She had dreamed of a moment where she could have the chance to build her strength to help as many people as she could. Her will burned like a sun now. Her face lit up with excitement. 

Deep in the back of her mind, she hid her fears  so she could finally mentally progress as well.