[SP-F1] Quiet Day in the Fields <<EaL>>

Birdie scanned Glacia's body to access the physical damage. From what little she could see, the boar's tusks had done a number on Glacia's poor wings, including a noticeable tear in a small patches of feathers. Everywhere else looked to be fine, causing the girl to loose a thankful sigh. "I promise I'll keep my eye on the enemy at all times from now on.. I'm so sorry..."

The bird seemed to merely blink and nuzzle her arm in response, bringing a warm smile to the girl's lips. As she looked to her enemy it appeared that she could smite it down whenever she felt, seeing as it continued to tumble and trip over itself with every attempt it made to stand up. It was a truly depressing sight, and unlike before, she took minor pleasure in watching it suffer. "You should've aimed for me, sucker.." '.. but it was my fault. Damn it..'

~~~

ID#68479 | BD: 2 | CD: 5 | MB: 3-3=0

BD: 2 Miss

MD: 0 Miss

Birdie: 154/160 HP (5/16 EN) (6 DMG)

Boar: 5/80 HP (10 DMG)

Edited by Birdie

The boar managed to right itself, standing still as it began to recuperate what little strength remained. Birdie found herself observing the sight - the mob posed little danger to her anyway, so it was a great opportunity to learn from the creature.

It seemed to loop the same animation, if the game even operated on animations. Its chest lifted up and down in a heavy pant, gradually decreasing in intensity it would reach a steady rate of breathing. The wounds from her sword didn't seem to last very long, soon closing up to leave not even a single trace behind.

Without any time to react the boar charged for Birdie, the girl barely managing to avoid the attack. She looked to her leg afterwards and noticed a small slash mark, giving a grimace as she realised the boar'd managed to get a hit in on her. She sighed. "Jerk." 

~~~

ID#68480 | BD: 2 | CD: 3 | MB: 9 (+1 damage)

BD: 2 Miss

MD: 9 Hit 10+1=11, 11-9=2 damage

Birdie: 152/160 HP (3/16 EN) (6 DMG)

Edited by Birdie

Their eyes locked once more, the boar believing it really stood a chance against a near-full HP player. She managed to dash away from each of its attacks, less and less energy being expended each time as the mob began to slow down dramatically. "Just give up already, you can't win!" Glacia twisted and turned in Birdie's arms, its rest being disrupted by the girl's dancing around her enemy's attacks.

Why was she playing with it? The thing was good as dead - nearly, anyway. One last hit would surely smite it down. The girl's eyes lowered to the bird in her arms once more and she was reminded of the reason. Glacia wasn't in any ideal state and she needed to ensure the bird's safety - that meant preventing it from selflessly protecting Birdie from further harm. A smile formed, "You know, you remind me of Arc sometimes. That man's got a death wish every time he puts himself in danger instead of me.."

~~~

ID#68481 | CD: 3 | MB: 3-3=0

MD: 0 Miss

Birdie: 152/160 HP (3/16 EN) (6 DMG)

Edited by Birdie

The girl thought back on the first time they'd encountered a dangerous situation. The decision to head out into the storm was her idea, and a dangerous one at that. Despite the real possibility of perishing to the harsh cold, the man insisted they continue the search for the Frostbite Phoenix, a creature she'd eventually know to become Glacia.

After the initial threat of the storm had settled in, a Yeti showed up to terrify the two even further. Their efforts were perilous and they eventually managed to fell the beast, though not without the man sustaining a few bruises on the way. Again, guilt overcame her for not taking at least one or two hits in that fight. She shouldn't have let him come to so much harm.

His riskiest of saves came in at the very end of their first journey, however. She cringed upon remembering how she managed to put herself into the situation Arc had to save her from. "I was pretty careless, huh.."

~~~

ID#68482 | CD: 8 (+2 EN) | MB: 1-3=-2

MD: -2 Miss

Birdie: 152/160 HP (5/16 EN) (6 DMG)

Edited by Birdie

She shook those thoughts away, there would be another time to reminisce on her past failures. Her fingers wrapped around Retaliation's hilt one final time, and after activating <<Quadruple Pain>>, she struck her enemy with four unenthusiastic blows. The system didn't care for the power of the strikes, only that they'd hit.

The boar fell, exploding into a thousand tiny particles as the loot window popped up in front of her. To see her first Col rewards from a mob kill was exciting, though it wouldn't signal the start of her mob hunting days. There was still a ways to go before she was powerful enough to effectively farm the monsters lurking around on the lower floors.

The girl merely sighed, turned away, and started walking. The requirements to hand in her quest had been fulfilled, and she intended fully on claiming the rewards and heading home. Glacia needed to rest, and she needed to get crafting.

~~~

ID#68484 | BD: 7 | CD: 3 | LD: 14 | MB: 1-3=-2

BD: 7 Hit 6x4=24, 24-13=11 damage

MD: -2 Miss

Birdie: 152/160 HP (2/16 EN) (6 DMG)

Boar: 0/80 HP (10 DMG)

Loot: +400 Col, +1 Material

~~~

Thread completed!

Rewards:

Bridie: +1 SP, +800 Col (400 from thread, 400 from mob), +4 Materials

Edited by Birdie