[PP-F2]<<RGQ-E>> Protect this sweet flower.

He hadn't heard Esther until she was upon him. Her little hands grabbing his, spun him around as she slammed the gem in her hands. Lycan raised a brow. Esther never took such assertive actions. He looked at her as one might look at a stranger. With a pause, he brought the stone into view.

"Looks like it," he replied, looking back to his compatriot and skirting her compliment.

"I'm fine." he replied. "Just cold. It's been a long day. I just want a cup of coffee and a place to warm up."

He pocketed the gem.

"We can talk about how to make a safeguard potion while we relax." He took a deep breath and looked toward Urbus that could be faintly seen between the trees. 

'I think some grinding will clear my head after this,' he mentally noted.

He turned back to Esther with another practiced smile.

"I don't know about you, but I'm freezing my bits off. Let's get going." Lycan began to head toward Urbus, looking back to make sure she followed suit. "Looks like you did all the work again! You've gotten much better at this!"

He directed his attentions to the approaching city and faintly shook his head.

'Still have to make sure she's safe,' he reminded himself. 'Can't have her waltzing around unarmed, especially with Mari. I owe her that much.'

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Lycan looked at Esther, amber eyes thin with suspicion and curiosity. Brows slightly furrowed. His reply to her was short. It didn't make Esther feel too good. She felt as though she had said something wrong, or did something wrong. He'd been acting off ever since their kiss. Lycan assured her that it was ok, but Esther had doubts. If it  really was ok, why was he acting this way? Again. Lycan assured her he was fine, and that he was just cold. As he mentioned the word, Esther realised she felt quite cold herself. She rubbed her arms, feeling the tickle of goosebumps on her skin. 

"Both things sound good, Lycan."

Her voice seemed more reserved, and she had gone back to using his full name rather than the nickname she had given him. If Lycan was going to be more guarded around her, it meant she needed to take a step back right? The same way she had done with Arc. The two headed toward Urbus. Lycan complimented her, stating that she had did all the work again, Esther chanced a smile his way - but he shook his head - turning his focus back toward Urbus. 

"Eheh...yeh, I've been practising."

The two returned to Urbus, promising to meet up soon for a coffee and a dinner, with the promise of another meetup, Esther felt a renewed energy. Feeling a little better. Surely her worries were just that, worries. Nothing more. Nothing less.

See you soon Lye