[PP-F1] Surprise meeting, unexpected partnership (w/ Raze) COMPLETED!

@Raze

Zulas walked down one of the streets of Starting City. Alas, it was a breathtakingly big city to walk in a day. This time Zulas was particularly interested in the market square, he was startled at how big it was. There's a lot of people walking around the square, but mostly were just passing through. Zulas guessed that they must have had other plans and most likely they were a higher level than he was. the number next to his health bar only said 'Lvl 2' at the moment, but he didn't mind it. One thing he also noticed that most people were not looking inside the stores, but were just chatting with one another. That made him nervous a bit, since he knew that he was they called 'socially awkward', but unfortunately not by choice. This happened after he was in the accident that took his girlfriend's life and almost his. Zulas shook his head and decided to sit on a bench to see the people pass by, one past time he enjoyed doing in the past while she was alive. "Wish you were here"he sighed softly. 

sao-aarun.jpg

The young swordsman scanned the crowd to see if he could spot somebody that would be approachable. He didn't want to have a repeat of the last time he went outside by himself. Fortunate, Zulas learned his lesson although not by choice. It was a painful experience but enlightening at the same time, he found a part of himself that he didn't know existed. The starting warrior stood up from the bench and stretched his arms out, until he saw what he was looking for. In the distance he noticed a tall young man, in his face he could see the serious look of an adventurer. His hair moved in front of his face, but what stood out were his eyes. The tall person looked like he had seen a lot of experiences in this game and it seemed to Zulas that he could be the best candidate to teach him the ways of the game. "But how to do it?", he asked himself. "You know what? I'm just going to go ahead and ask?" And with that he started to approach the tough looking warrior.

Edited by Zulas
Added a picture to display where Zulas is at.

Raze was standing tall, a serious look on his youthful face, with the posture of a soldier at ease, perusing his menu. He noted how his statistics seemed to indicate that he was very weak, only a Level one. Starting from zero then I suppose. He equipped his two-handed sword and gave it a once over, he tested the weight, and gave it a one handed test swing before putting it back into its sheath. Raze glanced up when he noticed a determined looking man approach him, tilted his head slightly and turned to face him. This guy's eyes, Raze thought to himself, he might be just like me. He closed the menu and waited for the black haired man to close the distance. He seems to have similar equipment to me, perhaps he is new to the game as well. Maybe he could help me get started on my way in this world.

Edited by Raze

Zulas looked up at the man when he made his way up close. "Sir, umm... excuse me?", he said in a whisper to the tall warrior. Before he could finish, Zulas's eyes made their way to the other adventurer's weapon. Compared to his, the other adventurer's one looked quite formidable. He coughed and tried to compose himself, "Ahem, sir you seem to look like.. uh quite an adventurer.", he managed to blurt out. It was the first thing that came to his mind and, after he said it, Zulas realized that it came out a lot pitiful than he intended. I believe I have made an impression, though not the one I wanted, he thought as he coughed once again. "Ahem... What I meant to say was, sir my name is Zulas. Nice to meet you. I was wondering if you could ehh... show me the lay of the land so to speak?", he said in a serious tone. Then, he looked intently into the other warrior's eyes and waited for a response, as that's how he had learned from others. 

When Zulas examines Raze, he also looks down at himself mildly puzzled before returning his gaze to the man. Quite an adventurer huh? Yeah well, not yet.

"Zulas, nice to meet you as well, and unfortunately for both of us, I probably know the lay of the land worse than you do."

Raze responded slowly. He knew that first impressions were important so he took his time to think about his answer to minimize the chances of Raze tripping over his own words. It was definitely a common problem of his, being one of the reasons social contact was very awkward and uncomfortable sometimes.

With a slight smile Raze admits, "I actually don't understand the way that fighting works yet," he gives a small sigh before adjusting his hair out of his eyes, "I'd like some help with that, but I wasn't really sure how to go asking someone about that..."

Edited by Raze

Zulas blinked both eyes letting them open and stay wide eyed in confusion. "I-I apologize, sir. I seem to have made a mistake." Then he turns around and starts to walk away with his arms slumped down. He thought that this guy would have been his way of learning about this world. Some distances was already between him and the warrior before Zulas suddenly stopped. He raised his head and turned it around towards the tall warrior and walked back to him. "Sorry, to come back and take more of your time, but I have a proposition for you." 

Zulas mulled over the words that he was going to say next in his mind. In the past, the thought of him asking this question to a total stranger, or to anyone besides his family would have him petrified. But today was not that day, and Zulas got the strength to ask the question that had been forming in his mind, "S-sir, would you like to form a party with me?", he said hurriedly and extended his hand with his eyes towards the ground. Whatever happens, it was all thanks to you.

Raze seems impassive throughout the whole situation, and blinks confusedly when Zulas turns to walk away. Did I say something wrong?, Raze wondered. He mentally berated himself, and lowered his eyes to the ground. When he looks up, Zulas was re approaching and posing a question. Relatively surprised, Raze wasn't sure how to respond to his statement, so instead of speech, he give a sort of grunt. Sometimes I just don't have a reply to things.. Is that bad? He asked himself, ah well, what's done is done.

After Zulas had stuttered through his invitation, Raze gives a look of thought, A party? Does he mean like a.. a squad..? The word making his chest ache. He casts a glance skyward, and grips Zulas's hand in a firm handshake.

"I think, that would be great." Raze answers and for the first time in this world, he offers a real, yet small, smile.

[Zulas has begun to imprint onto Raze]

Edited by Raze

Zulas was caught by surprise by the firm handshake but gladly took it nonetheless. He quickly set upon composing himself and looking around for a store nearby. He motioned his finger in a downward motion to make the menu appear. The first thought was to go over the inventory he had: 10 bread, 15 water. He knew that it wasn't enough to go out adventuring but he knew that with a party of two it would make things easier. Then he set up about making the party and went to add his new party member to the list when he stopped for a second. "Uh... Ahem, sir. I haven't gotten your name.", he asked with an quizzical look. The menu sparked to life with a list of all his buttons and found the one for adding a player. Zulas didn't want to look as he was pressuring the new guy, so he set about looking through all of his menu tabs. The tab of "Log Out" was always there and it taunted him, telling him that as much as he wanted he was never going home. He then waited for his conversation partner's response.

Edited by Zulas

Idiot!, how did I not tell him my name! Raze visibly began to turn a light shade of red, making an interesting contrast with his violet colored eyes, and let out a long sigh.

"I, uhh.. sorry", Raze reached up to scratch his head "My name is F-..". He shook his head and he became a slightly brighter shade of red, Wow. I have reached an all time new low, I nearly told this guy my real name, I guess it wouldn't really bother me that much, but wasn't it proper etiquette or something to keep your real life separate from the game.  he cleared his throat, calmed himself and tried again. "My name is Raze."

Unlike most display names, his was not one inspired by past events, nor was it something that symbolized him in anyway. He picked it because he...well.. because he thought it sounded cool. Just the thought of that brightened his face a little more.

Edited by Raze

Zulas looked at the perturbed adventurer with curious eyes. It couldn't be possible that there was someone same as he, but he shook the thought away. "No problem. Nice to meet you, Raze". Zulas was quiet for a moment and looked at his clock inside of the menu. After a few moments he decided what to do, and invited his new acquaintance to form a party. "It seems that it's afternoon still, do you want to go fight some monsters?" he asked Raze. He awaited to see what the response was of his new soon-to-be party member. Zulas thought that if that wasn't the case they could always go out tomorrow. He looked forward to defeating monsters due to his last run in with them. Last time he went out exploring and looking for a fight with monsters he almost died, but he vowed that it would not be like that this time. Also, he would hopefully have a party member this time around and it made it seem like it would be easier.

Edited by Zulas

Raze averted his eyes after his failure of an introduction, but his internal thrashing was interrupted by Zulas's greeting. I'm surprised this man is still talking to me, most people at this point would have simply decided that the hassle of talking to me wasn't worth whatever they could get out of it. He almost went to go and shake his hand again but stopped the motion part way through once again despising himself for his inability to understand social confrontations, and instead opened his menu to accept the party request. It was a strange feeling, he couldn't yet tell if it was bad or good, but it did remind him of his old squad. To Zulas it would appear as if Raze stiffens, turns slightly pale, and then accepting the invitation. After Zulas offered to go hunting for monsters, Raze shook out of his mild delirious state and said, "It sure is.. Yeah, fighting monsters definitely beats standing around being confused all day, you lead."

Edited by Raze

Zulas saw the hesitation of his new party member at accepting his invitation but didn't notice anything else. He was focused on the map and the area they were going to go hunt for monsters. He knew that if he was going to become better he would have to get better equipment, and for that he needed money. His last outing hadn't garnered him enough money to buy something decent, but he knew that with his new partner it could be done. "We can hunt monsters till about evening time, then we can come back here and rest up.", he said without a problem. The realization came to him later, and he chuckled at his own eagerness to go ahead with this simple plan. "Alright.. let's go." were the last words before Zulas started to head towards the exit of the city and the fields beyond. They both set out with a goal in mind, to be better than how they were now but Zulas guessed that each for their own reason.

Edited by Zulas

With Aincrad's sun slowly sinking farther down into the evening sky, the duo ventured forth into the fields of floor 1. Almost disappointingly, there was no sign of threat or monsters yet so the small party neared the great forest. Raze didn't like the calm, It's merely the calm before the storm, he thought, and clenched his teeth. They took no more than a foot across the edge of the forest before being stopped in their tracks by the frittering of insects. Raze slowly unsheathed his sword and approached, and noticed two fairly large beetle type creatures that Zulas might recognize, upon being disturbed, these bugs summarily pointed their horns in Raze's direction and began the attack. Raze, startled took a step back as one of the beetles attacked him.

ID: 67750 results:

Battle: 2

Craft: 12

Loot: 3

MOB: 5(miss)

Raze: 20/20 HP

Beetle 1: 4/4 HP

Beetle 2: 4/4 HP

The beetle barreled past Raze barely missing him, he drew a quick breath before settling into a more aggressive stance. It had been a while since he had last seen combat and his heart was already pumping furiously.

Edited by Raze
Roll

A weird feeling crept up the back Zulas's neck when there were no monsters around. He believed that they would appear when they least expected it. As soon as they stepped into the forest he heard them, those unbearable screeches that the beetles were so famous for. It brought back bad memories to Zulas, but he didn't feel as defeated this time. This time he brought a companion to put an end to those insufferable creatures. Zulas saw the way Raze jumped into battle and admired the bravery the other warrior showed. At the same time he wished that he would possess that bravery, or that he would've had it that time. Maybe... just maybe

Zulas shook his head to throw away the thought, because he knew that he had to focus. He wouldn't let his new companion fight the beetles by himself, but he saw that Raze was focused on one of them ((Beetle 1)) so he focused on second beetle ((Beetle 2)). Since he had leveled up he had looked at the new Sword Arts he had acquired and decided to give them a try. He readied his weapon low and let the system guide his sword. The blade moved in X pattern, first up and then down and finally up again in an angular fashion. Zulas knew that it was a classic movement of Snake Bite and hoped that it would be enough to do away with the beetle.

ID# 67757 results:

Battle: 7 (DMG = 2x3 = 6)

Craft: 2

Loot: 19

MOB: 7

Zulas: HP 40/40; Energy 1/4

Beetle: HP 0/4

In a flurry of movements that left behind a blue light pattern made the beetle screech in pain until it exploded into a thousand pieces of colorful game data. Zulas gave one last movement of his sword and let it rest by his side. He would let Raze deal with his monster and stand by his side to give aid in case he would need it. It felt kind of awkward standing there, but he had never done such a thing. Hopefully, his new partner would not need his help because he didn't know how to provide it.

Edited by Zulas

Raze threw a glance over his shoulder at his black haired companion, and was silently awestruck by his flashy and efficient execution of the beetle. Wow, that was amazing. Lets see if I can do the same. Raze refocused his attention to the beetle circling him, and followed the insect's path hoping to intercept it with his blade. He readied his sword but it became quite clear that Raze didn't have the help of a sword art, he was relying on his strength and accuracy alone. Gritting his teeth and narrowing his eyes, Raze swung his iron great sword in a sweeping slash.

ID# 67759 results:

Battle: 10(3 base + 2 for crit)

Craft: 1

Loot: 7

MOB: 10

Perhaps out of skill or more likely out of sheer luck the sword edge connected with the bug. There was a brief moment of resistance and then the insect exploded into thousands of pixelated particles, the force of the sword swing kept its momentum and with that momentum, Raze decided to show off a little. He used the momentum gained to sheath his sword so that the attack and the sheathing were done in one fluid motion. Raze froze instantly, his muscles locking instinctively, he clenched his teeth so hard that digital blood flowed from his mouth.. His eyes were no longer their vibrant purple, they had become a much darker and more sinister shade, as Raze stared into where the beetle once was, he visibly trembled.

Raze: 20/20

Beetle: 0/4

Edited by Raze
Roll

Zulas was glad that he didn't have to interfere because he knew that it would've caused more harm than good. The swordsman did see and smiled at the way the two-handed sword wielder took out those his monster. Zulas didn't know if it was because of how good he did or if it was because he really hated the beetles. There was a small silence as they stood in the middle of the forest where the only sound came from their steady breathing. "I believe we did well.", Zulas remarked as he moved deeper into the forest. He didn't get even a couple of meters out when a Little Nepenthes came out from behind some trees ahead. It lunched towards Zulas but he managed to ready his weapon in time. The monster crept closer and Zulas didn't want to let him get the advantage so he rushed forward as well.

45d305ef0124b4ee92349d8490b0a0d8fa3f79f6 ((Best Pic I found))

ID# 67762 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 11

Loot: 19

Zulas: HP 37/40; Energy 4/4

Little Nepenthes: 8/10 (DMG 3)

The monster was prepared for him and managed to dodge Zulas's attack that was headed straight for it. The attack hit the nepenthes in middle of the body, but using the same momentum the monster hit Zulas in the back and made him stumble forward passed the monster. Zulas turned around with a grim determination, he gripped his sword tight until his knuckles became white. "Come on, let's go.", he whispered softly.

Edited by Zulas

Raze stood there his mind in a different time, his hair gently swaying with the artificial wind of this artificial world. Zulas's words snapped him out of his trance, Raze's demeanor returned back to normal, and Raze acknowledged the praise of their strength. We make a pretty good team, thought Raze as the two made their way farther into the forest. When suddenly a strange but surprising fast plant like creature leap out from behind a large tree and rushed Zulas. Raze charged into combat as Zulas entered into the fray, dealing a fair amount of damage but sustaining some himself, and prepared his great-sword for a devastating slash attack. "I can't let you hurt my comrades and live, so die quickly.." Raze rambled out loud as he attacked.

ID# 67765 results:

Battle: 6(3 base + 0)

Craft: 1

Loot: 5

MOB: 5(miss)

The Nepenthes was actually much tougher than it looked, Raze was on target and the strike connected but did not do nearly as much damage as he would have hoped, At least we are at the halfway point, Raze thought as he peeked at the creature's HP bar. He didn't have time to reflect, as the creature lashed out, Raze rolled out of the way and avoided a painful hit.

(1 hate)Raze: 20/20 HP

Little Nepenthes: 5/10 (DMG 3)

Edited by Raze
Roll

Zulas stood a bit wide eyed for a second, the words caught him by surprise. "Comrade", he whispered to himself. I haven't been called that in a long time, he thought for a second. Maybe it was what Raze said or maybe it was the meaning of what he meant, but Zulas smiled. If this is what a comrade is then, he thought as he closed his eyes. "You were right, weren't you? Then again, you were always right when it came to me.", he said to himself and opened his eyes once more. Zulas gripped the sword tight and said, "Raze, thanks for keeping him busy." He moved towards the Nepenthe, and readied his weapon to let the system assist him in his attack. "Now it's my turn.", he said over the monster to Raze.

ID# 67780 results:

Battle: 10 (DMG = 2x3 = 6+2 = 8)

Craft: 2

Loot: 20

Zulas: HP 37/40; Energy 1/4

Little Nepenthes: 0/10 (DMG 3)

The blade moved as if in a trance, dancing from one way to the other. Zulas let the system guide his hand as it cut the monster three times. The last one slashed the monster across the body. The Nepenthe screamed in pain for the last time as he exploded into, which announced that the battle was over. Zulas let them weapon rest in his hand for a second and slowly put it away in its scabbard on his left hip. He gave a big sigh and looked at his comrade. "Ok, co-comrade, what do we do now?", he asked hesitantly.

Edited by Zulas

Raze righted himself just in time to see the Nepenthes fall to Zulas' sword. Sheathing his oversized blade, Raze walked over to Zulas and says "They don't really stand a chance do they? They were destined to lose from the first hit." Raze turned to look at the sunset and let out the breath he has been holding, Maybe life in this world isn't so bad after all. Zulas' words startled him and Raze cast a look over his shoulder at the black haired swordsman, Did he call me Comrade? He began to visibly sweat a small bit. Did I call him comrade? It has been a while since I've used that word. My squad mates thought it was funny so it kind of stuck back then.

"Hey sorry, I was.. It was.." Raze shook his head and made up his mind, with a small smile he said, "Let's turn in for the night, there will still be plenty of monsters still left to hunt tomorrow." 

[Zulas has successfully imprinted onto Raze]

Edited by Raze

Zulas at his new comrade and saw him smile. He was taken aback a bit by this but decided not to show it. "Yes, I believe we should turn back for now.", he said looking at the sky from inside the forest. Rays of light could be seen coming through between the leaves of the trees, but they were dwindling down as time passed. The light was fading with each passing moment, so Zulas also thought it would be a good idea to return back to Starting City. He checked his equipment and his inventory one last time before he finally decided to start heading outside the forest. It shouldn't take us that long to get back I believehe thought as he followed the path they used to go into the forest. "Are you hungry? I'm a bit hungry myself?", Zulas asked back to his companion as way of making conversation.

Raze nodded at the now confirmed decision, and followed Zulas' gaze skywards. The rays of the sun casting orange hued reflections on their armor as they exited the forest. We should be able to make it back to the starting city before night falls, Raze thought to himself, Monster spawns are probably much worse when it's darker. A quick look at his ally told him that they were at an understanding, and they began their trek back to the town.

"Hungry? I haven't really thought about it much, but now that you mention it... I could do for some food." Raze answers,  "But is this hunger from Aincrad or Real life?" He mutters to himself quietly. "Either way, food sounds like a good idea." says to no one in particular, momentarily forgetting that he was traveling with some one. But he was feeling the after effects of adrenaline and was too worn out to bother redirecting his comment. And with that they approached the city.