PP/NK - F11 Discussions and Revelations (Opal and Laughing Coffin)

"Tch, and here I thought I had five minutes..."

From what the bluenette could gather from the man in front of him, it didn't seem that he was going to be able to get any information out of him, or at least if the information he had given him was true, then unknowingly Opal may have given herself a leg up on what he was trying. He had suspected that possibly this man could have given him significant information about the group he was in, the Black Panthers, but they were eliminated by the white-haired woman.

However, something else had been given in the man's outburst, something that almost made Calrex want to give a smirk. He had told him about much more than the Ultramarine Knight was expecting, and the spiteful emotions behind that could serve to only solidify his guess. There was much more going on than simply player killing, if this man was correct. In the real world, there was that which went on in plain sight, but there was also businesses and organizations that conducted their operations out of sight of the waking world. The types of businesses the man had spoken about, "Looks like I just might have more work cut out for me than I had initially suspected. Laughing Coffin...and Titan's Hand..."

Opal seemed to jump in and cut off what the man was spouting out, to try and get Calrex back onto the subject she wanted him to make a decision. This act may have also been a cover, to silence the man from speaking further, as it was possible that these things she had wanted to keep hidden from the Ultramarine Knight. However, now it was too late. Calrex now had the thought in his mind.

With a small sigh the bluenette now proceeded with what he was going to do next, "So your guildmates have been eliminated. Alright then, well unfortunately, in terms of usage you are no longer necessary Greg. I will reiterate, these feeling and inhibitions you have would have been fine until the moment you laid a hand on a child, and it wouldn't matter what your background was, or who is waiting for you back home. I'm not sure how your laws work, but from what I know normally you would be put into prison for a long time. However, there is no jail in SAO. Maybe that's why the things you have told me have been allowed to run on for so long."

Glancing over at Opal for a second he reached back, releasing both the Grand Blade II and its sheath from the back of his hip, holding it in front of him before pulling with both arms, releasing his sword from the scabbard. Almost ritualistically he knelt down and set the sheath on the ground before getting to his feet, "She may think that this is me abandoning my ideals, but in fact it changes nothing. As I had said before, I never once said that I was against the idea of taking another person's life for the right reasons. Refraining from killing is not the same as abhorring it. However, I will need to keep this in mind, because repetitive justifications of my actions are just as dangerous."

"Opal, what happens this night is not something I wish to keep secret. You are welcome to speak loudly about it, or even make a public announcement if you so wish. I will not try to hide my acts from the rest of the community in shame."

With that he looked back over at the man below him as he gave a calming breath, "Greg, as I said as well, there was no guarantee that you would survive this night. Unfortunately, it seems there is no way out for you. So will give you a moment to say your last words. Even with the acts you have done, in death I wish to still treat you as the human you once were. So if there is anything you with to say, say it now."

After Calrex made his little speech towards the player, the man looked towards Opal and his face brightened, but it was not her he was smiling at. The words that were left from the player, the Ultramarine Knight fell on deaf ears. The woman's eyes narrowed as she heard a yawn escape from behind her. 

"Ahh. What is going on here?" A hand on her shoulder, the smell of an ocean filled her once more as long chocolate brown hair cascaded as a tall gentleman made his appearance, "Oh? An execution is it? Well then it seems I have just arrived for the show." The man Greg, his cheery expression dulled as he pushed his head down towards the ground, "I-I don't want to die!" 

"Those are some final words there, son." Sensui chuckled. He looked to Purge, "My throne please, if you will." The teen boy Purge accessed his menu and a lofty looking throne adorned with candles all around it. The man Sensui sat down and held his hand out as Purge materialized a crystalline goblet and then poured some wine into it. The scene was rather odd to say in the least, but he sat there with a leg hooked over the other and sipped the contents with a small hum, "Oh please, do go on," the Leader gestured towards the man.

"N-no! Master Sensui, you can't let him do this to me! I did everything you asked me to do! You said if I complied I would live out this night!" he looked at Calrex and stammered, "It was a lie! A lie everything! I did kill a person, but it wasn't the way you thought! In the real world, I am a actor, I act and play out roles for others. I am a useless no body but it is all the skill I have here. Please! Don't kill me! I am not the one you think I am!" 

Opal enraged silenced the individual with a swift kick in the ribs, but her anger was directed towards Sensui, "Is that true? How is that even possible? I tracked down Information Brokers and searched months for this low class piece of [censored]! So how can this all be a lie, even now!?"

"Mmm, no. He is the one who is lying, the number of children he had slain and touched, your friend, Opal. This is all true of course. What he says now is probably a last ditch effort to save himself no doubt. I must applaud him for the efforts though, it was a rather entertaining lie. Hahaha," Sensui laughed in that dark, rich tone of voice he had. He swished the contents of his wine glass as he relaxed in his throne chair and watched the scene continue.

"[censored]! no! Come on, buddy! I was paid to do a job for that man! I killed someone, that much is true! And I will never forgive myself for it, but I never touched any children! I don't know who or what any of this is! I was just asked to do a simple job and I would be released! So long as I stuck to the script!" 

Opal once more narrowed her eyes at Sensui and then at the player. Her mind was racing, she felt her hands becoming heavy and her shoulders weighed with burden. Was he telling the truth now or just attempting to save his ass? Opal's fingers clenched into fists as took hold of her blade from the ground, "No! Don't listen to that trash, Cal. His crimes can't be forgiven. There is no redemption for people like this. As Sensui said, he's just telling you lies now to save himself. Kill the fool!" 

"So the true puppetmaster finally shows his face. Good, I was hoping to get a chance to speak to him. Maybe there's more to this encounter than I had hoped."

As it appeared, their "execution" was interrupted by the appearance of the leader of Laughing Coffin, Sensui. Calrex had initially extended the invitation to the man in his original invitation, although it seemed he was there to throw complications into things than anything else. The bluenette turned his head to face the man as one of the two twins produced what appeared to be a throne, as well as a wine goblet. From what the Ultramarine Knight could tell, this man certainly enjoyed whatever power he had seemed to have gained, sipping some wine as if he was some sort of king. However, in a world where people believed themselves to be gods, what importance was a king?

The information from Greg's mouth was picked up by Calrex's ears he gave a small sigh. He had not raised his weapon yet, but it seemed from Opal's reaction, that even she was having trouble with the situation, "So you really did go to great lengths for this Opal. But I guess not everything went according to plan. However, why now does this man beg for his life, when Sensui appeared."

"Sensui, good to meet you again. I didn't get a chance to speak with you at the floor raid meeting, but I'm sure with my reputation you know more about me than I do about you. However, it does seem that your appearance may have complicated things, just like now new evidence in a court case. So if you may, I request your honest participation in this endeavor."

"This is still just a game for this man, and if things really were how he said, then possibly all of those people in Black Panther were paid off. However, with a new person also comes a new witness testimony..."

With a calming breath the bluenette put his free hand into his pocket, "Greg, let me ask you a question. What do you believe should be the proper punishment for a man who has killed another? What do you believe should be the punishment for a man who has performed the atrocities your scripted persona had done would be? As well..."

Turning to face the man on his throne Calrex posed another question, "Let's say for curiosity's sake Greg here is correct, and you paid him off. What was exactly would have been in the deal?"

Of course, the bluenette was not expecting Sensui to actually give him a straight response, or to even speak at all. He had seen this used before, and now would be as good a time as any to test it. It was hard to gain real hard truths from a single individual, but with two or more, a perceived truth could be gleamed, and with the situation he was in, it would have to be as good a truth as any for passing judgement.

Greg snapped his attention to Calrex, more questions? He gulped, at first his cowardice was a mere act to string the player along but now he was rightly scared for his life. Master Sensui had offered immunity to such a thing, this was not how things were supposed to go for anyone especially when his life hung in the balance. He whimpered to himself as he brought his head off the ground listening to the questions he was asked, "There is not much a person can do in this game to be any sort of fair justice. Justice is what we perceive of it to be and nothing more or less. I know I killed someone, I am truly regretful of that, but I am doing what I can to atone! Its been a constant reminder in my life day in and day out, before I was ugh, asked to do this job, I prayed for the player whose life I took. It was very wrong, I know. But I was a man without any luck, no one would help me, I had to do something. Surviving in this game, makes us do horrible things to others. You can see first hand with all this talk of children touching and killing you will go as far as killing me just to quench their revenge! I understand that, but I beg you! Reconsider! Yes I took a life! Isn't living with that blood on my hands punishment enough?" 

Opal's stomach churned as she listened to this rabble, "Shut it! How did you even meet Sensui in the first place? I had found you with great difficulty several months back, a truth serum was involved to make you talk! I know your crimes! I hunted each and everyone of you bastards down till I found the truth! You hurt those children! And you helped take the life of my friend! Now you will pay for it!" 

"Opal, Opal, Opal...calm down, Girl. You are making quite the loud ruckus, here. Why are you so inthralled over this friend of yours? You are in Laughing Coffin now. Such people are trivial matter. Your past doesn't matter anymore. And who cares if this man touched a little girl or boy at some point in his life, not saying that he did or did not. Why are you so hellbent on finding justice for these children?"

The question rattled her and shook looked to Sensui, he was attempting to play her into his hand. She gulped and her body tensed, she had to come to a decision now. Working under Laughing Coffin gave her strength in numbers to find these player killers and eventually she could snuff out the entire guild, on the other hand...she was no match for Sensui, Purge, Purify and the many others who stalked the floor in this night. Even with Calrex's tanking build, he could not last long against many players. Besides, they were all expendable, before he would lift a finger to fight, everyone else would die by his command. 

The woman fist burned with a hot anger, then she stood with remorse and silence and drew back her question and turned her body, "I'm sorry Master Sensui. You are right, their lives I suppose do not matter nor do the friends of my past. I was only seeking closure, perhaps I was a little over zealous."

"Hmm? Oh, are we speaking in terms of What If? It comes down to a moot point, Sir Calrex. I did not pay this man off nor have I seen him before in my life- however to state, I do know of his...particular tastes. The fact that he is a well established child molester through our network of information is quite spot on though. To be honest I care less if he lives or dies, hahaha. I'm just here simply to observe." 

Opal twisted her attention to Sensui and felt something warm wash over her, did he just help her? Or perhaps this was another weird mind game he was playing. The one thing about Sensui was his intellect and his cleverness to read people and to tell lies and deceit. The woman gave a calming look to Calrex, "You have heard it from Sensui himself. Nothing has changed, his life is forfeit."

"No! No! No! It- Its not true! Look at my eyes, buddy! I. Did. Not. Hurt, ANY CHILD! I would never dream of doing something so heinous! He said it himself, he doesn't care if I die. You are being played here, this is what these people do! Spare me, and you will sleep better knowing you spared a man that does not deserve it. We all do horrible things here, my orange crystal is proof of that, but I am not so long past my humanity I can't be redeemed..." 

Opal felt that burn in her chest again, but her expression unchanged. She would have to let this play out, she was a fool for getting the Twins Involved in this. It would have been better to call for Volcano's help.  

Everything that had ensued around him had been picked up by his senses as Calrex gave a calming breath. Now was not the time to lose focus, nor the time to let any stray emotions get the better of him. The man's testimony, whether true or not, was something he had guessing. If it was an act, then being turned on by the person you had been guaranteed sanctuary under was something to be feared. The man, Sensui, was someone certainly of concern. However, the bluenette also had distinguished that fact: He held concern for the man's actions, but he did not fear them. Fear crippled your better judgement, taking it over with your survival instinct. Survival did not breed civilization. That fact was true. It wasn't strength, but connections, the brought things to order.

"Something I wished I could get through Teayre's damned head, but a few weeks of me speaking is not going to easily overwrite years upon years of being ingrained into it by her father. Nonetheless, I need to stay focused..."

He heard the detected change in Opal's. Initially she was defiant, wanting to exert her ideals and beliefs, but as Sensui appeared to become aware of her actions she immediately retracted it, becoming subservient. It made him want to give a laugh, "It may be a cover, but I would hate to be under the command of a man such as him."

While he didn't personally hate the man sitting on a throne, there was the fact that his efforts was in an attempt to undo what Calrex was trying to do: Bring peace and order to the community. A player-killer guild was not going to accomplish such a thing. "Fear breeds more fear, hate breeds more hate, sadness breeds more sadness. Nothing good can come from welling in negative emotions. While negative reinforcement keeps you from making mistakes, it is only if you learned the correct lesson."

He looked over at Sensui before looking back at Greg, "Seems you are a victim of circumstance Greg. While I wish there was another way out of this, even if I stay my blade, someone else may do the deed."

However, there was one thing he needed to do first, something that he needed to reset before he could do anything. It was nothing threatening, but it was enough for him to at least get a word in edgewise before letting any background conversations continue. With a calming breath the Grand Blade II began to swirl with energy, the blade almost becoming double in size as a result of the <<Howl>> aura. It may have seemed for a second that he was going to attack as he brought the sword in front of himself, but instead os striking he pivoted in a full circle, slashing in a 360 pattern without hitting a single person. Instead, he released the built up energy as a wider circle, the monstrous roar erupting out from the center. The sound wave shot out, with enough force to temporarily snuff out the candles that adorned Sensui's throne.

In an instant he was facing towards Opal, his eyes locked on hers, as if to peer into her deepest thoughts themselves, "Before you quiet yourself down like a dog being disciplined by an owner, let me ask you one thing. If I wasn't here, if the events this night did not fall in line, would you have killed this man yourself? If I had stayed my blade, would you have cut him down?"

Looking over at Sensui as the candles slowly began to relight the bluenette maintained his calm composure. The moment that he lost his cool was the moment he lost the mental battle with Sensui. He needed to remain composed, and that was exactly what he was going to do, "Please, there is no need to give me honorifics. My title may be the Ultramarine Knight, but I am still just a person. Just Calrex is fine. However, while I understand your desire to keep your underlings under control, I, a person outside of your organization, would like to hear what the woman has to say for my question. I merely request you stay your hand, and your influence, for a moment so that Opal can give me a straight answer. Lastly..."

Looking back over at Greg once again he sat down in front of the man once again, giving the exact same stare he had given Opal, "If what you are saying is true, then tell me what happened with this person you killed. Don't spare a detail. Why did you feel it necessary to kill them. Spare me the 'I needed to survive!' talk, because I will merely consider it an excuse at this point. No matter how convoluted, or how petty, your intentions were, I want to know."

Wind rushed like a torrent of power encasing all that were within the blast radius of the skill. Opal's hair fluttered away and behind her as the skill was activated. Sensui as well as the brothers did not stir an inch, whether he was attempting to intimidate them, or just using stored up energy for some other influence was at length to what they imagined he could do. Opal felt the spell of the skill ride over her body giving her goosebumps. Even in her long sweater, the howl of that wind had given her a chill. Purge whistled, "Still think of his as weak?" 

"Don't give me that, it's a useless skill for mob attraction. Clearly he is not a pvp player like we are. He is a frontline fighter after all, someone needs to tank those floor raids. None the less, it was a pretty cool display." 

Their jabber consisted of skill builds in the background talking amongst themselves until Sensui rose a hand to silence them. Calrex had spoken to Opal directly this time. His words cut her heart, thinking she was some obedient slave hound to the master. Unfortunately, she would have to swallow her pride but she gave a rather hateful glare towards the Knight with those words he spoke of. Sensui laughed, rolling the wine in his glass with one hand and simply nodded in turn to Calrex's request, "I shall allow this. But only because you are a Guest. Go on, Opal. You may speak.

The woman turned to both of them and placed her sword arm down as she took on the question moments before, "My intention was to never kill this man, I would have him bleed for a year before I pixelated this carcass. My plot here was to bring you to your senses that not everything in this world can be done with an unstained hand. I wanted to see if you had the resolve to help revenge a mutual friend. Should you have not done so, I would have released this garbage back into the world. Thus it would imply, not only did you save one soul, but you saved one soul over many, many more that would die by this man's hands. So you may not be stained with blood, but you have indirectly killed several more because of your generosity."

Opal then looked to the cowering mule on the ground, her violet eyes rampant with a desire to slay him for all the lies he was spreading even now. Greg could not look anyone in the eye and kept his head lowered, when his name was called from the warrior standing up, his legs shook frantically. He had already relieved himself causing much embarrassment already from the moment that howling skill had passed. Shaking and trembling he forced his mouth open to speak, "It was a year ago. I did not know the man, he was a stranger. He looked like a strong person who was doing pretty well for himself. I on the other hand, I despised violence. I was just not that kind of person. I was an actor in the real world as I said before, I would never hurt another person. I figured he might be nice enough to lend me some col so that I didn't have to sleep outside. He denied me the col, which was fine. But then he called me a Bum and said I was worthless. He said I should be helping the world with clearing the floors or doing something productive with my life instead of asking around for money. I thought he was a well equipped player with all the armor he was toting around, but it came out that he was just showing off some vanity items. My blade went through him and he died instantly. It was never my intention to actually kill him, I was just letting out some aggression. I figured my dagger would just bounce off his armor or something, I was expecting him to kick my ass actually, but he...just disappeared. That day forward, I regret my actions. I didn't want to hurt anyone. I took a life by mistake, and you all have every right to take mine. But it was really a mistake, you gotta believe me Buddy! I was selfish, angry, stupid!"

The woman shook her head, she couldn't believe this guy was feeding him such garbage. The lies made her burn with anger, her fist clearly showed such dismay with her knuckles whitening from the grip of her sword. 

Calrex watched as he knew his "intimidation tactic" seemed to have had a mixed effect on the people present. The twins he could only assume were unaffected, because they never had to work cooperatively against monsters. If Laughing Coffin truly was a player-killer guild, they most likely wouldn't be composed of defenders, merely those that could attack. In terms of build, they were considered strikers, glass cannons, or bruisers. The bluenette himself was initially a bruiser build, before he reached a high enough level to begin spreading out his skills a bit more. It was the inevitable fate of every build that reached a high level: You could only focus for so long before you were forced to diversify.

He watched Opal's eyes as she gave him the look of disgust from the woman, mouthing a simple word, "good..." It was his way of showing that as long as she remained stalwart, not fully giving in to the man she served under, that it was a good thing. In that moment, if the woman had not given any single indicator that she had a will to fight, then it would have brought everything she had previously told him under question. He kept his calm appearance, although he gave a nod, "So you mean to say that you kept him alive, and let him rot in some place you had set aside for him, rather than killing him. The only reason you have thought to end his life is as a test for me."

"Heh, didn't know you thought that much about me..."

With that he gave a calm bow of thanks, "Thank you for answering my question Opal. I apologize for the previous comment."

With that he turned back to Greg, the man in front that in question. At this point, it wasn't a threshold of killing or sparing for the bluenette. He had taken the life of the info broker NPC in the <<Iron Guardian>>, twice. He had fought Volcano into the red zone. He had flaunted his power to prevent fights from breaking out. This was not a significant step, but even though to him it was insignificant, that didn't mean that he should do so thoughtlessly.

He listened to the man, heard the story that he had given. From what he had encountered, it was certainly not the experience that he had received as a low-level player. He had met individuals who cared about those with lower strength, like Celesmeh and Oikawa. He had the fortune of meeting and making friends within the first few moments of starting out, ones that grew and others that strengthened. This man was not so lucky. He had met the wrong person, and it appeared that the arrogant pretender had unintentionally forced his hand. The bluenette listened attentively, letting the thoughts process through his mind as he weighed the man's life, something he had wished he didn't have to do, but in the situation he was in, even if there wasn't a compelling force, there was still that presence, the expectation. 

Again he gave another bow to the man in front of him, kneeling low this time as he calmly tapped his head against the ground in front of him, getting back to his feet, "Greg, I appreciate you taking the time to tell me your story, the story of when you claimed a life. Understanding that what you have done is a good trait to have."

The bluenette's mind was letting all things go through his head, with the massive amount of information he was thinking about nearly getting to the point where it seemed almost silent as a result. With a calming breath he let the thoughts calm, letting his breathing steady his mental processes. As Baldur had instructed him before, he let his emotions and thoughts be brought into the burning fire inside of him, drowning out all other ones that would distract him. He looked at the people around him, then turning back to Greg, "If what you said is true, and you have tried to repent as a result, I commend you. Not many in this world I have seen have learned to do so. Know that I believe you..."

With that he stepped past, as it he was beginning to walk further away from the scene, past Greg with his back to all of the Laughing Coffin members that had gathered.

As he took a step out of Greg's peripheral vision, in a flash the bluenette had pivoted 180 degrees, the Grand Blade II shining golden with the <<Vorpal Strike>> Sword Art, "Make it as quick and painless as possible..."

"but I can't exonerate you with either story..."

His blade pierced into the man's back with little effort, as a result of his already low health. However, even though this was the case, the bluenette wasn't going to take the chance that the man would survive. First of all, it would seem like he was holding back, as if to try and find another way out. The second, was that he needed to prove a point, to himself and to Opal. That even though he had the ideals and stood by them, an act such as this, while difficult, was still in line with that.

"Choose your river of truth to strongly plant yourself beside, right Baldur? If this is another test, another challenge I need to overcome, to become what I need to to save Teayre, then I willingly accept it..."

The man once known as Greg vanished in a burst of crystals, the excess momentum carrying Calrex forward as he slid to a stop, maintaining his composure as he straightened himself. Just as if he had taken down a field creature he flicked the Grand Blade II to the side, retrieving the scabbard as he resheathed it and attached the set to the back of his hip once again. He looked over at Opal, with the same calm composure as he had carried the entire night, "I believe this should serve as your answer Opal. Know that this doesn't change a thing about what I have said. I'm still going to follow the path I have chosen for myself. But whatever thing you were hoping to gleam from this, I hope you now understand. Like I said before, I prefer peace over war, and generally I am a kind person. But don't mistake that kindness for weakness. If there is something threatens to change who I am, or this world I hope to save, I am capable of responding in kind. My military strength is honed with the intent of never being used, but that doesn't mean that it can't be used."

Looking over at Sensui he gave a calm nod, "I believe that was the entertainment you came to see correct? Know that if you wish to publicly announce what has happened tonight, please feel free. As I have told Opal, I will not hide my actions from public light. Should society change their opinion about me as a result, then so be it."

Returning his hands to his jacket pockets he gave a small sigh, looking back at Opal, "Was there anything else that you wanted to speak to me about?"

Greg's lips trembled as he felt the cold wave of energy wash over him. He had cried out a word that was cut off as he was pixelated from Calrex's blade. It was done; it was over. Opal stood there with no expression on her face, "Good riddance," she mumbled to herself, but mostly her eyes shot back at Sensui who was clapping his hands, "Bravo. What a show indeed. I honestly did not think you had the nerve to do something like that. I mean, killing a stranger whom could have been innocent the entire time. Isn't that right, Opal?"

The woman's gaze on Sensui stiffened into a glare, it was clear she was displeased with him and his being here. But that was what she got for involving the Twins. Calrex had then spoke, the calm air around him never seemed to have fluttered away, he was composed as per usual even after playing the judge, jury and executioner. As he spoke, Opal shook her head, "I don't believe that will be necessary. I did not bring you here to drag your name into the mud. This was a personal matter for the both of us. But yes, I did have a question for you." 

Sensui once more took up his goblet filled to the brim with wine and once more situated himself comfortably in his throne. It did not take long for the night to instill more interesting players as Volcano was roused from whatever he was doing, making his way to the top of the foothill and then slamming his burly hand over the decorative throne that Sensui sat on, "Ahh, Volcano. How did that mission go I sent you on?" Sensui had asked, looking upwards at an angle to see the man swinging over and plopping his butt in the grass beside him. 

"Boring! I hate missions like that, but it went without a hitch. Everything is settled on our side. What did I miss here...? Oh! Calrex! Hi!" 

"Ignore the Trog, back to that question. Why did you kill that man? Knowing what you know about Orange Crystals and Player Killers, you were able to remove him from this world with such a calm persona. That is my old question; why did you do it?" The woman folded her arms over her chest, Sensui and Volcano seemed to have engaged in a small bit of conversation during that time, however the question was curious to the Leader of the Coffin as well. He sat there swishing the liquid in his goblet as he looked to Calrex with such a desire to know the answer as well. 

"Of course the second-hand man will show up now. This is almost comedic timing levels of coincidence..."

Calrex listened as Opal responded to his previous statement as he broke his calm gaze for a second to give the usual friendly smile he had always given to those he had met in the past, "I never once suspected that to be an idea, although I'm sure it is something that can be used. Nonetheless, thank you for the gesture. What I meant was that even if should this news gets out, you can expect that I will do nothing to hide from the truth. Just like Oikawa did when he revealed his reasons for killing Zelrius, if it comes down to it I am perfectly comfortable of doing so as well."

Looking over as the self-proclaimed rival the Volcano spoke he merely returned another friendly smile, albeit maintaining the same calm posture he held for the entire night, "Good to see you're doing well."

With Sensui and the giant of a man wrapped up in their own conversation the bluenette looked back over at Opal as she asked him a followup question to his act, "Why kill an orange player, or to extend that query, why even kill at all? Thank you for asking that question Opal, because it questions the very ethics and justification of both of our perspectives. However, such a subject goes deeper than what I can really speak about tonight. I'm sure everyone here is starting to become bored of these interactions, so if you would like to meet again in the future to discuss it in detail, feel free to invite me. However, in relation to the fallen man here, it is slightly more simplified, given the circumstances of this night."

Putting his hands into his jacket pockets he collected his thoughts before continuing, "As I said before Opal, our viewpoints are in some ways in line. I am not against killing, but I wish to minimize the damage of player killing not by killing to save many, but to spare what I can. I am, in some ways, selfish. I wish to protect the people I care about, putting their safety before mine in some cases, but I also wish to protect the people that have been trapped in this world. It is a super-egotistic thing to wish, especially with the limitations of the game's system. However, returning back to the topic of killing, there is a secondary idea behind my thoughts."

Calmly taking another breath he spoke again, "Measure twice, cut once. There are many interpretations and variations of this quote, but it follows a simple idea. If something must be done, it must be done right, with a steady hand and educated reasoning. I'm not against the ends justifying the means, but such executions need to be carried out with a steady, and conservative hand. While crude, the interactions I carried with you, that man Greg, and Sensui this night would be as close as I can get to a judicial trial, one that is carried out by the man's peers, rather than a single person's skewed judgement. I heard both potential sides of his story: The side which you believe to be true, which was a corrupt individual who no longer had control over his twisted inhibitions, and the side which he believed to be true, of an actor in the real world who unfortunately had a string of unfortunate events. Both stories may or may not have had their merits, and their falsifications, but with the evidence that was revealed, I delivered the final judgement."

Taking a single step back to slightly broaden his stance, "So, why did I kill him in the end? Because after what I learned, there was no turning back for him, no evidence that would in the end absolve him. Whether he killed those children out of some sick hobby, or struck down a man as a result of his impulsiveness, there was nothing I could find that would absolve him. So in the end, as you said, I passed judgement on him. So now I carry that sin and the doubt that maybe in the end, he could have redeemed himself. But, there is one thing that I made sure to do at his end. I made sure that he died as a human, not as the player killer he had become. I saw his health bar, and he was brought here already on the brink of death. No person deserves to die like an animal, bleeding out like a pig sent to slaughter. So I made sure his death was quick."

Volcano, using the tip of his finger, scratched the side of his cheek, "I missed something, didn't I?" the man said looking up at Sensui who had merely shrugged. He brought his arms about over his chest and sat there listening in. Opal shook her head and directed her gaze once more at Calrex, "No evidence that would absolve him, that's funny considering how your wi--" 

"Ahh! I believe that is quite enough for one night, Opal. Calrex has given you his answer on the matter, let's leave it at that for now. Thank you, Calrex for an...eye opening evening. We shall not keep you from your beautiful wife any longer, I am sure you would enjoy the rest of the evening being by her side..." Sensui had stood, his goblet being tossed towards the ground as it shattered as he moved towards Opal, lifting her long snow colored hair and breathing in deeply her intoxicating aroma, "Mmm, women. Such delicate creatures with soft, soft skin..." His finger slid over Opal's chin where his hand had wrapped around her waist, "It is difficult to find beauty and carnage in the same soul. But it seems we have the same taste in women, don't we Calrex? Hehehe..."

Opal on the other hand did not move an inch, this was typical of Sensui. He often touched her in ways that made her skin crawl, taking her for himself for whatever reasons. But perhaps it was a sort of trophy for him, but the woman did nothing to churn the man away. She simply stood there allowing him to touch her as he did. The woman's eyes did show something of sadness, but nothing could be done from this. 

"Go, Cal. I won't keep you any longer. We are done here. Lindow can rest easy knowing his death was for not.Sacrifices must be made sometimes. My body is only digital, I feel no pain. But one day, I will rise above it all. Justice will be mine and the world will know my peace." The woman took a step forward clearing her throat and turning around, "Hey, we haven't had a good drink together in a long time. Let's go and do that tonight, I'll buy." Both Purge and Purify got up and shouted in unison in a cheer for Opal. Volcano shrugged, "I'm gonna drink till I can't move!" Sensui rubbed his chin and gave a somewhat disenchanted look at his Beloved Opal, "I suppose a drink or two would not hurt. So long as I am not drinking that swill from last time. Volcano, be sure to let the men know we are wrapping up here." 

"Yeah, I'll send out a mass PM to the members. I am sure they wanna head back to the Guild Hall as well. HEY CALREX!!! Next time I see ya, we can have an arm wrestling match!" Volcano stood with a shout waving his hand to the player. 

Some yards away was a woman who did not engage in the conversation, the woman with the yellow eyes from before. She just stood there watching the events unfold, however, no one didn't even notice. She was too far away to be involved, but she had seen most of everything. She looked empty as a person, but her face was much more mature than many of the other girls, perhaps early to mid thirties. She merely looked at Calrex before she began stepping forward towards the rest of the group, her crystal much like Opal's had remained green. She silently walked by Calrex, and stopped at his side looking straight ahead. She was quiet but her tone was in fact a more mature sounding woman. She said but one word to him and walked away. 

"Create."

Calrex gave a small sigh as he listened to everyone respond. It seemed Volcano was ready to give a contradictory response to his words, as the bluenette was already aware. Even if the man managed to get his words out, he recognized the walking contradiction that was his ideals, and the person he loved. However, that was merely a sense of perspective, as everything in this world. "As I said, before I even start of thinking about judging her, I will do everything I can to save her. Not only do I owe her at least that much, she deserves at least that chance, a chance at a normal life outside of this world."

As Sensui began to spoke the bluenette merely kept his calm, unwavering eyes on the man. The words he used were definitely one of a man of great charisma or delusional arrogance. The man's hand caressed Opal's chin, something the bluenette had kept at the corner of his vision. But speaking of Teayre in such a way took everything within him from making his expression break in defense, "This is likely a man who has had everything go for him in this world, and believes that he has the tools to get whatever it is he wants. In some ways, he and I are the same, only I don't delude myself into thinking that the strength I have makes me deserving of being treated like a king."

"Beauty and carnage exists within all of us Sensui. It is the choices we make that determines which aspect takes precedence. Human beings are complex creatures, which makes them all the more unique. However, the person I have chosen as my wife is more than just those two aspects, a person that I am honored to protect."

It was a simple answer, and one that was a subtle parry to the man's comment. His words were to some level objectifying, so the bluenette broadened and extended his compliment to all of humanity, rather than boiling it down to just the people they "chose."

Looking over as Opal spoke the bluenette gave a nod, "I hope he can."

His answer was once again potentially interpretable in many ways, because it could be one that confirmed Opal's words, or one that expressed doubt. He met Lindow for a short time, so he didn't get to know the depths of the man's personality, but he felt to some level that his own ideals were in line with his, "Lindow, would such an act really make you smile? Or have I committed a betrayal of your beliefs. If it is the latter, then I am sorry."

His thoughts were broken as Opal appeared to lead Laughing Coffin away with the invitation to drink. The man named Volcano even went to far as to give a friendly farewell, which made the bluenette feel an awkward sweatdrop form on the side of his head as he raised his arm partway to give a casual wave, "...Since when did he and I end up on such casual terms?...I feel like our interactions missed a step..."

As the woman that was watching from afar walked by him, uttering a single word the bluenette's eyes shot over to her as she continued walking. He maintained his calm demeanor until the group got out of sight before he gave a small sigh, relaxing his stance a little bit. Pushing the Grand Blade II on the butt end of the hilt the sword lock engaged, securing the weapon in its sheath before he turned back around to face the place where Greg was standing before he was killed.

"Create...what did she mean by that...or maybe what part of the conversation was she referring to..."

"Greg...whether you were innocent or guilty, we are all victims of this world. I only hope that now you can rest..."

Kneeling down Calrex pushed some dirt together, forming a small mound where the man once stood. Going over to the tree he plucked a small branch, setting it into the mound that was formed. Lastly, he found a few hand-sized rocks, arranging them into a makeshift headstone. A final marker for where the man fell, and where the Ultramarine Knight has passed judgement for the first time.

"I just hope, with everything I am doing, that it will be the last time."

Turning back towards the settlement he made his way back into the settlement of Taft, heading towards the teleportation plaza. Swiping on his menu, he summoned the destination selection, setting it to be the thirteenth floor before vanishing in a flash of light. Roc, who was overlooking the whole scenario, vanished a moment after.

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Completed (400 col / 200 per player)