[PP-F5] Shadow Puppet << Feeding The Enemy >>

Gladiatora_Longsword.jpg

Standing in the grassy fields of the fifth floor, I swing my sword harshly as I am building up my strength that is appropriate enough for a tank. I am already used to the weight of my Zertsalo plate armor, and moving in that full metal suit is already natural to my own body. The clanging sounds of metal isn't as annoying as it would be, but this hinders any attempts to attack silently. Weather is rather...odd today. Even though the clouds are pure white, the atmosphere seems to be in a rainy mood despite not having any sign of rain droplets. 

The swinging of my sword is getting faster as I imagine myself fighting an armored player killer. In my mind, my sword clangs against the gap between the plates on his shoulder, severing the flesh. The thought of ultraviolence becomes apparent, as my sword decapitates the imaginary player, instantly killing him. The memories of the previous battles I had are still prominent, and soon I find my sword swinging my sword violently to the point where it makes a quick slice against a lone, long single grass. Panting in my full helmet, I gaze upon the sky as the feeling of solitude hits me.

Edited by Gotz

A boisterous yawn rumbled in my throat as I stretched my shoulder by pulling on it lightly and tilting to the side. Warming up wasn’t something I actually needed to do anymore but it was something I did anyway. The nostalgic feeling of warming up before a good session of running actually helped remind me of the time before I’d gotten stuck in this place. Granted I entered of my own free will knowing full well the consequences of what lay before me. It was all in hopes of finding our brother that drove my sister and I to dive into this world.

My long red hair was held back by a leather cord to keep it from falling in my eyes. That was a mistake I made once and it nearly cost me greatly. Since it was entirely possible to encounter the wayward monster on this floor I opted to show up fully decked out for combat. My body was concealed within a set of titanium armor that was dyed white in its entirety. Crimson trim highlighted the armor and marked me as being a member of a particular guild, the Knights of the Blood Oath. My joining wasn’t entirely of my own free will and was done at the behest of Mack.

My weapon and shield were readied and could be summoned at a moment’s notice should I have need of them. With one last round of stretches I started off at a light jog. My dark-eyed gaze shifted to and fro as I kept a wary look out for anything that might try to end my life. It never paid to be careless and threats came in more forms than a MOB these days. The threat offered by player killers, or PKers, was all too prevalent lately. In fact it was apparently on the rise.  

As the breeze blows through my plate armor, I hear the sound of shuffling among the grounds. Being wary of the dangers of Floor 5, I turn my head around to see an old, female hag, donned in some sort of demonic mask that would be only useful for traditional Asian dances or storytelling. The old lady approaches me calmly and speak of something that gains my interest.

"Are you seeking for a familiar, swordsman? If you are, there is a unique oasis eastwards inhabited by shadow puppet creatures. They have the ability to use psychic powers including telekinesis, teleportation, and pyrokinesis. Fortunately, swordsman, they can be tamed, and if you are lucky, some of them are even willing to join humans for they are sick of being idle around the oasis. So, are you willing to go?"

Shadow puppets...? Now that is something new...I have seen several of these shows before online, and they originate from the Javanese regions and later being spread to other Asian countries. Or..maybe these shadow puppets in Floor 5 aren't like the ones I know, I hope it is. 

I give the hag a nod as I think to myself about compensating my loneliness with a familiar. It can be my personal company, as long as it doesn't get affected by the Navi Syndrome. She chuckles at my answer and points to the supposed direction, and as I look eastwards, I hear another set of footsteps, and turn around.

....a player..? Who the hell jogs in the middle of the desert?

@Magda

Edited by Gotz