[F3-NK-PP] An Homage to Theseus <<The Search for Hoya>>

Hakai leaned back, her back to the wall of one of the buildings in the floors main settlements. She was near the outskirts, waiting on someone. She had sent out a notice for players to join her in a quest. She had specified that she was fine doing the quest itself and just wanted some company. She frowned. That was what she believed to be her biggest flaw. She wasnt social or anything, she was far from that. She just happened to get bored easily and needed something to do most of the time. She gripped her katana impatiently. The person she was waiting for wasnt late or anything, but she was impatient to be off and to get this over with. This world revolved around skill points and she wanted o get them with as little hassle as possible. Hopefully this player wouldnt be some sort of show off who'd get in her way. That would be all she needed, someone who over estimated themselves and got killed because of her.

@Obiltus

Obiltus meandered his way through the town, intentionally taking his sweet time, doing so as a sort of ploy to see how quick his new "Quest Buddy" would be to anger. If extremely quick, the young adult would make a quick note to use and abuse that, getting on their nerves as often as possible. If near impossible to anger, than this person would not be worth conversing with, not willing to deal with those who were unwilling to take anything seriously. The goal was to find out of this person was somewhere in between, and perhaps they'd converse again, though in Obiltus' mind, hopefully not. It's not that the man had anything against people overall, it was the fact that he had no intention of forging meaningful friendships in this realm, viewing the great lot of them as nothing more than anti-social nerds and introverts, who wanted nothing more than to be in this game. You know, the kind of people who fantasize about this kind of thing, for whatever reason.

Despite his slow stroll through the streets of the town on this god-forsaken floor that he had already been on twice, Obiltus still managed to show up at a rather punctual time, his calm and cool expression with nothing more than a friendly grin resting upon his face, approaching the girl whom he assumed he would be accompanying, getting straight to the point. "Obiltus, is the user. Means forgotten in Latin, which is about the only skill that I have that transfers into this game. Can't say I follow the whole "train swordfighting" thing, never thought I'd need it..." Those these words were spoken outloud, his tone went from an introduction to sounding more like they were to himself rather than her.

Hakai wondered how 'forgotten' was a skill that could transfer. Did he mean to say that he was easily forgotten? She glanced him over, looking for gear. As usual, telling actual gear from vanity items was a bit of a challenge, so she could only guess that he didnt actually have any. She didnt bother to answer him, seeing as his whole introduction seemed to be aimed more towards himself than her. She sincerely hoped that this wasnt going to be them going on this mission and it being as though she were going on it herself. "I'm Hakai." She stated finally before turning away towards the exit to the settlement. "Maybe you should make more of an effort to connect with the person your talking to. Swords arent the only weapons in this game, sometimes words are just as powerful." She calmly looked back at him, wondering if he would walk off after that. To tell the truth she was kind of hoping for it.

He frowned at her very flat introduction and seeming uninterest in the boy and anything he had to do with. All he could do was stare blankly and somewhat emptily at the to the side of them, unsure of how else to proceed. Follow Hakai out of the city, Obiltus was worried that he already left a bad impression, but quickly shook the thought, remembering he more than likely was never going to see this woman and again, as was the hope. Listening to her statement he nodded a bit too himself, having heard different variations of that same sentence over and over again throughout his life. Though the last bit stuck out to him immensely, holding on to what she said "Words are just as powerful". Sure, he knew that worked in the real world, but never paid any mind to little proverbs like that, or didn't, until he realized that maybe he wasn't exactly on par with everyone else in this world when it came to the use of the sword. However; if there was anything he'd have a shot on equal footing with the masses in this place with, that would be his practice and usage of voice. Keeping that in mind, he slightly thanked the girl, responding to her with his grin that had disappeared during his entire internal spout. "Right, thanks for the advice. Will keep that in mind, but I don't suppose you could tell me about the quest we're on about?"

Hakai managed to return his smile as he thanked her for the advice. At least he seemed to be warming up to her company a bit. She had been worried that he was the shy introverted type who would barely even pay attention to her. She changed her opinion of him pretty quickly. He must have just been deep in thought during his introduction. "Its a pretty simple quest. Basically we head to a forest thats filled with fog and acts as a sort of maze. If you know the story of Theseus, thats what this quest is very loosely based on. We go in, find the center and kill one of the guardian Minotaurs." She explained quickly, not giving much detail. "Its a lower level quest, so the boss wont be very hard, and I can take it by myself. I'd hate to have your death on my shoulders. We'll need everyone we can get for the later floors."

The returned smile kind of confused him at this point. He wasn't sure if she was going for cold and expressionless or just trying to be friendly, given both are so wildly different, Obiltus had no idea which to go for, hoping it was the latter, at the very least. That all being said, He idly traced the hilt of his rapier with his finger unsure of whatelse to do. He was along for the ride and while the man would be able to maybe to get a hit or two in, they'd do minimal damage. That thought actually popped an idea into his head, one for both small talk and to get some information, which Hakai didn't seem extremely keen on giving much, but maybe she could help. "I can only imagine I won't be much help for this quest, which I apologize for in advanced. However; I would like to remedy that. After a few quests on my own, I'd like to invite you back out to a quest, perhaps with a few more people involved, where I can actually do something useful. You know, after I obtain some gear and some levels?"

She looked at him a bit surprised. He sounded as though they were going to part ways after this quest, never to see each other again if he didnt ask to do another quest in the future. "I dont forget people, and i dont leave them behind. I imagine that we'll end up doing many more quests together in the future." She started to walk towards the forest that this quest would be starting in. "And you're going to be a great help in this quest. I wasnt looking for a player to join me to help them, its to help me. I get bored as all hell, your here because i need something to keep me occupied during the less interesting parts of this quest." She explained before looking back at him curiously. "So, what build is it that your talking about? I pride myself in creating interesting and creative builds. My own build is pretty much unique at the moment."

His smile waned a little at her comment regarding them questing again. It wasn't so much that he mined her as a person or quest venturing companion, it was that fact that he had no interest in this world or the people in it. In Obiltus' mind, most of the people here were the typical Stigma you attach to gamers, one he wasn't presently fond of. While he himself played plenty of his games, they were never on the serious level, atleast, not the seriousness of some. His gaming, while the sittings would last long amounts of time, was nothing more than preoccupational Casual Gaming. That being said; once again, it wasn't anything to do with those kinds of people, not usually giving into dogma and grouping people by association, it was more or less the fact that this was all largely unwanted by Obiltus, and the last thing he wanted was to get friendly with people from here, only to more likely than not, never see them again.

He completely ignored her first comment in terms of response, having rather leave it at that and let her think what she will, and maybe they would continue on doing quests together, though it was unlikely. Instead, he tried to divert his inner tension to her question, more than willing to answer that. "Now, not super game savvy, but I understand most of the logistics. I am planning on running two different builds. One that increases my Luck and overall Loot Income, focused mostly around accessories with a plenty powerful enough weapon to compensate. And the other being a Battle Focus, mainly Focusing my ability to hit the enemy, evade their attacks, and make sure they feel the punch. My personal opinion on stats however, largely Damage based, because as many of the games I have played have taught me; Go Big or Go home. Being in the middle is worthless." Taking a quick glance at her items, he couldn't tell what did what, and let his curiosity get the better of him. "Tell me about your 'Unique' build. Maybe I will copy it," Saying the last bit jokingly, but secretly wondering to himself it was true. 

Hakai thought for a moment. "Well, I would recommend picking one of those. Its pretty hard to run one build, let alone two." She said after a moment. "Of course it's up to you." She continued walking until they entered the misty forest. She didnt really even try to keep track of what directions they were taking, having faith in the game to not make this beginners quest that hard. "Well, I run a status effect build. When i get my damage over time effects on an enemy i switch over to my second weapon and add some more." She stated with a smirk. "Or, at least, thats what it would be if the blacksmith could manage to craft me my weapon at a decent speed. Right now i just have this demonic, which is pretty good, but i havent reached my full potential yet, not until I get that second weapon." She turned back to him. "Feel free to copy it if you want, but its not really most peoples style."

"I can imagine running two would be fairly difficult, but at the same time, extremely beneficial. And that's the goal here, climb up and do it quickly with massive rewards and top tiered items." He didn't pay one bit of attention to what they were doing or going, caught completely in the conversation at this moment. It was actually enjoyable to talk to someone for a change, rather than be completely caught in self thoughts and promises. "Status effect? So as it stands you're kind of all around? Bit of Mitigation, Bit of Damage, bit of support in your build? That is rather interesting. Don't think I will be seriously copying it though, Not my taste. The Demonic I am sure helps quite a bit, given that the weapon is better than any craftable, if I am not mistaken. Tell me, how did you get your hands on one of those?"

"I got it by using my words and forging connections with someone. This one came around after one of the boss battles, and it happened to fit my build, so she gave it to me. She was a really nice woman, probably too nice, but she also happened to be one of the strongest players in the game." She explained. "And I dont run a support build. Im damage all the way." She stated, taking a random turn at a crossroads ahead, the mist obscuring the detail on the paths and making everything look exactly the same. "Just a warning, but we could come upon the center of the maze at any point and the guardian contained within. When we do just stay behind me. It shouldnt be too difficult to take out." She warned before unsheathing her katana and holding it in one hand at her side just to be safe. She didnt want to have to waste precious time unsheathing it if they got jumped unexpectedly.

"As with many things in life. Knowing the Right people, at the right place, at the right time, very powerful." He smiled, as a joke popped into his head. "Don't suppose my connection with you would produce in results though." His voice came out jokingly, now regretting that, hoping she would take the joke the right way. Quickly passing over the joke, Obiltus continued to try and stay on topic with the build. "Right, all damage? So the statuses you have on your weapon there, they are damage over time ailments? That is rather weird. I want to see how that works out, and I suppose I will today against the uh, Minotaur, right?"

She smiled at his joke. "Maybe someday. I actually am in possession of an item with a unique enhancement on it, but it wont work for your build. Im planning to give it to someone who can use it well." She explained. "Yes, this katana here has some pretty incredible damage over time. Sadly you more than likely wont get to see them. The Minotaur should be a piece of cake." She said, cracking her neck gently as they approached an entrance to a clearing. "The mob should be in there, as well as the quest reward. Let me know when your ready to head in, and whatever you do, stay behind me and dont get in the way." She said, glancing over at him. She wasnt trying to be rude, but she'd rather come off as rude than have him charge in ahead and die because she had called the Minotaur a piece of cake.

She seemingly took the joke well, which was an okay sign, Obiltus supposed. He was right in the fact that she would lead them in the right direction toward the quest goal, though questioned if it was purely by memory, Information Broker giving her a map guide, or if they honest to god just lucked out and followed the right path. Regardless of all that, Obiltus was more than happy to exactly what she said. "Hang back and let a girl take care of a monster for me, can do Ma'am. Very Knightly of you." He did just that, not so much as grabbing the hilt of his rapier and standing directly behind her, "After you, show me what you've got."

ID# 69630 results:

Battle: 2

MOB: 6-3=3 Miss

Hakai entered the center clearing of the maze, her katana raised. Towards the center of the clearing there was a small podium with a collar like pendant laying on it, and behind that, a large Minotaur, probably three times taller than an average man. She moved in slowly until the Minotaur noticed her and rushed at her. She aimed a slash at it's chest, but missed and was forced to dodge in order to avoid taking damage, although in all likelyhood she wouldn't take that much if she were to be hit by it. In this game levels meant a lot more than size. She glanced back to Obiltus, making sure that he wasnt doing anything dumb like sneaking up behind her to try to get a shot in on the monster. 

Hakai: 500/500 49/50 | Mit: 27 | EVA: 3 | Blight: 2 Envenom: 2 |

Minotaur: 45/45 | DMG: 30

Edited by Hakai