[PP-F2] This Isn't a Lie

Miaki was on the 2nd floor window shopping for a nice tailor to get himself a tux for the wedding of Cicila and Keith. When he got word that they were in need of a cake. Miaki checked his wallet and if he wanted to get something nice to wear for the wedding then he'd have to find some way to get a good cake.... and for free.

"Maybe there is a quest around here that has a cake for a reward." Miaki skimmed through the beginner's guide and found out that there indeed was a bakery that was the starting point for a quest that rewarded with cake. "PERFECT!" He marked the location on his map, sent a PM to a few guys on the guest list, and sped off.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Freak-en Zelrius, buying up every single speed potion I have in stock, now I need to get the speed root... AGAIN!" I complain as I walk through Floor 2, looking to find some speed root."Okay what shop has it. Not you, not you, not y- AH!" As i'm looking through my map I get bulldozed over by a running player. We go tumbling a few yards and I finally regain my balance on my knees."Watch where the F- Miaki?" I say, recognizing my accidental attacker.

Miaki picked himself up from off the ground. "Clarence? Hey! Long time no see. What are you doing here? I'm trying to get a cake for Keith's wedding." Miaki brushed the dirt off his trench coat. "Are you going to the wedding? I could use the help getting the cake. I found a quest which gives a cake as a reward."

Shanok rushed to the bakery that was mentionned in the pm he had got from a player named Miaki. On the way there, he saw his guild buddy, Clarence, get run over by a player he did not know, suddenly, Clarence got up and talked to the unknown player. I guess they must know each other.... "Hey, Clarence!" he said while waving his hand.

"Yeah I'm going to the wedding, I got the invite yesterday and it took me forever to find a good suit. Also, I will go with you to the bakery. it would give me something to do to pass the time till the wedding."" I look over my shoulder to see one of my friends from my guild, Shanok."Hey Shanok, you get invited to Keith's wedding?"

Miaki extended his hand out toward Shanok in greeting. "Yeah, I was also invited. The name's Miaki." The three men stood together in the middle of an intersecting part of the city. People were walking about trying to get to and fro. Miaki glanced around at the crowds moving around them. "You two mind if we keep moving? I don't know how long this quest will take us." He said while edging in the direction of the bakery.

"Yeah lets get going. I think the bakery is only a couple minutes that way." I say, pointing to the left of me, toward a more shopping like area in the town."So what king of cake are we getting anyways. I realy hope its not some disgusting coconut flavored crap, god I hate the taste of it." I ask Miaki, sticking my tounge out in disgust over coconut.

Miaki laughed as Clarance made his feelings of coconut cake known. "No, no. I'm not too fond of that flavor myself either. I was thinking something like a Boston cream cake or something." He looked between the Clarance and Shanok as they kept walking. "Do you have a suggestion Shanok?"

"Ask me what exactly." I get startled when the NPC Baker responds to what Shanok."Umm, we are looking for a good cake for a wedding. Any suggestions." The NPC ponders this for a moment."I have just the thing, wait here!" He smiles and quickly dashes to the back of the store. While we are waiting I start looking around the bakery, looking at all the wonderful cakes.

The three guys were looking at the various cakes left around on display ranging in various sizes. Some of them looked far too good to eat while others looked so good that it should be a crime to not eat them. Miaki couldn't make up his mind on what they should get. The NPC Baker came back into the room. "Alright, I have this fantastic cake I can make for you. It would be perfect for a wedding. However, I don't have all of the ingredients and I don't have time to go out and get them. If you gentlemen get them, I'll bake the cake free of charge!" A small transparent display appeared in front of Miaki, Clarance, and Shanok. The display read:

'Do you want to begin the 'Baker's Cake Run' quest?'

(O) (x)

Miaki's eyes widened a little as he pressed the accept button causing the [?] floating above the NPC Baker to change to a [!]. "This is perfect! What do we need to get for you?"

I hit the Accept button and I get the quest acceptance alert in my inventory."OK the first ingredient you need is batter. A little bit of Vanilla extract, 1 cup of flour, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk. I've got the icing. Says the NPC."So we are looking for a farm, anyone know where that would be." I ask Miaki and Shanok.

"So we are looking for a farm, anyone know where that would be."

Miaki opened up his GUI and projected a map of the 2nd floor on one of the walls. "So from the list of items we need, there are a few places we'll have to go to. First is the farm; from there we can get the milk and eggs." He glanced around and marked one point on the map that was south and located not far outside of the city. "This spot here looks like it might be a farm. Now flour will have to come from a mill. There must be one around....." He broke off and looked at places close to the farm. "Here we go. Now lastly we need Vanilla extract. THAT will be the hardest one to find. We'll have to look around some of the fields and meadows for the plant." He highlighted some various places before closing it and sending the updated map information to the two of them. Miaki checked the time and started walking towards the door. "We'd better hurry guys." He said while opening the door.

Shanok looked at the map data Miaki had sent him, he had doodled on parts of it. I guess these must indicate the farm, the mill and the field we must go to "So those places are near each other, that's a relief" he told the two guys. "Let's go!" he added as he followed Miaki out the door.

"Alright, lets go!" I say and accept the map data, checking the places. I follow the two out of the door and toward the farm. A couple minutes go by and the farm comes into sight."I think that's the farm. And to the right of it should be the mill am I right map guy." I say to Miaki who is holding the map open as we are walking.

"Right." Miaki looked up from the map display floating in front of him and saw the farm not too far in the distance. He looked back down at the map. "Like Clarence said, the mill should be somewhere over there." He said pointing in the general direction he thought it was. "Our view is a little obstructed from the trees and randomly place NPC houses but it is there." He was still looking at the map, now trying to narrow their search for the Vanilla extract, until they were walking on the farmland. "So... Do we just find what we need and take it? That's how most games I played seemed to work. Screw talking to the farmland owner and just get whatever it is you need."