[F1-NK-PP] A Familiar City, A Familiar Tavern (Vargas, Nixon)

Nixon entered the tavern, it had been almost six months since he last set foot in here. He always liked the first floor tavern, it tended to be peaceful, though if you were lucky you would get a mob of people to join you while you drink. He looked around, it seemed nothing had changed and the tavern was completely empty, except the bartender and himself. He walked up to the bar, and sat down. “Buffalo Trace, on the rocks, full glass” He said to the bartender. It had been so long sense he had tasted the burn of alcohol, he was almost jumping out of his skin. It hit him, suddenly, how much had changed in six months, it seemed that most players had moved on from the first floor. “huh” He said out loud. “What else have I missed?” He was almost scared to find out. But at least he had his whiskey to comfort him.

@Vargas

Vargas yawned as he entered the starting city. It had been a long day of mob hunting for him. Even with his level and the availability to move to a higher floor and rent an inn, he still preferred to call this place home. It's not like it was out of his way anyways, what with the teleport platform being just down the alley from the inn he usually stayed at. He decided while he was at it he'd stop and grab a drink. Seeing a tavern close by he decided to enter. It wasn't really an instance change but the game still recognized the change in area, and with it altered the background music that accompanied the room. It was nice and a little festive, which made for good drinking sometimes. He grabbed a seat at the bar and waited for the bartender to move over to him. "I'll take a double of Firewhiskey if you've got it," he said as he laid his head down on the bar for a moment as he allowed his mind to relax and wander.

A man entered the tavern, sitting at the bar as well. Nixon looked over at him. His brilliant, striking blue eyes seeming to Pierce the soul of anyone who looked into them. They were also very welcoming, accepting, and caring. “Hello, Sir” Nixon said with confidence. “My name is Nixon, though you may call me Nix. Can you do me a favor and tell me what month and day it is?” Nixon’s voice was warm, caring, and soothing. The bartender arrived with Nixon’s whiskey. It was very clear that it was a full 8oz glass of liquor. Nixon took a drink, almost drinking half the glass. “Oh, baby, I’ve missed you” he said to the alcohol. Nixon’s smile was infectious, and he wore it proudly. He loved making others happy and, if he remembered correctly, his smile was able to do that. He had always taken care of his teeth, not to mention his eyes seemed to smile with him. 

@Vargas

Turning to the one who addressed him, Vargas looked at Nix a little strangely. "Last I checked it was late November, the 27th." confused as to why the guy needed the month and day when he could've checked his HUD. Vargas turned back to the bar when his and Nix's drinks arrived. He thanked the NPC for no other reason than to be polite. It didn't matter that they wouldn't respond or care, habits are hard to break. Turning back to Nix, he caught sight of his smile and grinned as he downed the 3oz drink. "Well, I'm Vargas. Nice to meet you Nix," he said while placing his shot glass upside down on the table.

Nixon nodded at the date. “Thank you Vargas, I appreciate it. I haven’t seen a calendar in a while and the one in my nervegear seems to have malfunctioned.” Nixon smiled, His striking blue eyes warm and accepting, as if to invite others to enjoy the happiness that Nixon was showing. “Do you think you could fill me in on the status of Aincrad as of late? I have just gotten back from being lost in the mountains of floor 2. I have been gone for close to six months. Crazy, huh?” He took another large drink of his bourbon and asked the bartender for another. It was amazing how many new faces had come out of hiding recently, and yet somewhat scary how few old faces he saw. “They probably just made it to higher floors” He thought to himself hopefully, “I’m sure they are fine” He looked over at Vargas’ drink smiling at this man’s taste for liquor

@Vargas

"Six months? That's a long time to be lost. Did you get stuck in a dungeon or something?" Vargas asked, curios as to how the guy could've been lost for six months. He stopped though to answer Nix's question first. It took him a moment to think of anything recent he knew, "Well, I guess there's the 18th floor boss being found....or was it the 19th. Hmm," Vargas said unsure. He'd never been very far up the floors. Looking towards where the barkeep had given him another Firewhiskey and nursed it between his hands. He wasn't looking to do a lot of drinking,  it didn't have much else to do at the moment.

Edited by Vargas