PP-F1) Celestial Ascendant Initiation (Khrysaor)

Jonathan stood on the first floor and waited for his soon to be apprentice. Khrysaor was the only tank any of the guild had seen, that would suit the guild. I have always thought there would be more tanks than anything else, I was wrong though. The blond leaned against the luxurious fountain, wearing his White and gold jacket. He scanned his surroundings. He had already messaged the man and sent his location and told him to come, prepared. Question was, was he going to make the man tank? Or would Jonathan tank? It did not matter at the moment, he just had to get his man in the guild. Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess. We seek it thus, and take to the sky. Ripples form on the water's surface. The wandering soul knows no rest.Jonathan smiled at the poem and waited silently. It had been a long while since he held an initiation, but it had been a while since the guild had a new recruit. They had to keep building though, to be seen as one of the stronger guilds in aincrad. Guilds were falling in Aincrad. Even the Knights of the Blood Oath fell from its former glory, Macradon holding it together by the tips of his fingers. There vice commander had left, leaving them loose and falling apart. 

@Khrysaor

Khrysaor had fun the other day meeting up and talking to some new players who were in the Celestial Ascendants. He was now very interested in joining the guild, but there was one more thing that needed to happen before he could partake in the guild and that was his initiation. He had been patiently waiting for Jonathan's message for when the initiation was going to start and thought, 'I wonder what it is that are done on an initiation, hopefully it wouldn't be too hard.'

He was wandering the streets of the Town of Beginnings when he got a message telling for him to meet up with Jonathan, because the trial for his joing the guild was about to start. He headed to the spot that was indicated for where the meeting was going to take place, and it only took him a few minutes, since the meeting spot was so close to where he was walking. He looked around until he spotted Jonathan and waved out to him in greeting and asked, "Hey, man. How's it going? Its been a while since we last met. Is it going to be just us two or are some of the others planning on joining us?"

@Morgenstern

Jonathan sat with his head down as he waited for his initiate. This should not take long which will be good. Perhaps an hour or two at most. He jerked his head upwards as he seen his initiate. Jonathan stood with a smile. "Great to see you my friend!" Jonathan said with a smile. The man asked a question and Jonathan was quick to answer "No, none of the other paladin's shall be involved. It is believed that too many paladin's training someone at the same time, can cause the initiate to be uncomfortable and harder to work with. Anyway, this is your initiation. I will be Testing your abilities to know where you are at, and where you need to work in." The blond stopped speaking and sent the man a party request. He looked around and then back to his initiate. The man seemed prepared for anything. We will get stared momentarily, I have a few things planned. I believe the best way to go would be some mob fighting since that is Tanks do pretty much. Do you have the Howl Skill yet? If So, I will gladly let you tank. Jonathan stood with his arm crossed waiting for an answer

(OOC: Sorry, it took me so long to reply but I havent been feeling good for a few days and couldn't come on.)

As Khrysaor had listened to what Jonathan talked about , he thought, 'Not bad, it just seems like we are going to do some mob fights. Shouldn't be too hard to do.' He then replied, "Ok, sounds good, lets do it. I do not have the Howl skill just yet. I was thinking to wait a bit longer to get it, and anyways it would be best if I saw how the skill worked from someone better before using it myself. What do you think?"

After he said that, Khrysaor started to slowly walk in the direction that would get them out of the safe zone the quickest, and waved over Jonathan to walk with him. Khrysaor looked at the sky as he walked and saw the sun was already high up indicating it was already mid-afternoon. He said happily, "Come, we should get going. The faster we get this over with the better, and we wouldn't want it to get too late coming back."

Sorry for delay.... Fell asleep last night

Jonathan stood facing his initiate. He was getting a bit more information on the guy since the rest of the paladins were not here to make him nervous. He apparently did not have hate howl skill yet, which was okay for now, but it was essential for a tank. Not having the Howl Skill is okay for now, but it is essential for later in training. Eventually there will be training with you and other members from different roles. Your job will be to ensure that you and all of them will return safety. That is the job of a tank. Jonathan smiled and turned away. Don't worry though, It will be demonstrated today, and I will teach you even though it is not that difficult. Jonathan looked forward, knowing they would be leaving in the next few minutes. He had to ensure that his initiate was all set even though he looked more ready than ever. You ready? There won't really be any risk today, but it always good to ensure the you have everything you need before you go. 

Khrysaor had listened to Jonathan's explanation for why Howl was important, and he nodded along with Jonathan, agreeing wholeheartedly. He was planning on getting the Howl skill soon, since he has finally made it to level 25. He wanted to improve his skills in the support section a bit more now. After Jonathan finished talking, Khrydaor said, "Yup, soon I should be getting Howl, and I see you made some good points. Also, it is true that we should double check the equipment we have  before we travel out of the safe zone, even if there would not be much of a danger. Really, everyone should do that every time, when leaving one of these safe haven. Well, as the saying goes, Better to be safe than sorry." Khrysaor then went to his inventory, and equipped his sword, shield and armor ready for the unknown. As well, he went trough some of the other items he had on hand.

Jonathan turned his back after the man equipped his armor. He knew right where they would go next. The Dead plains. Higher level mobs were there and occasionally dropped a high amount of cash. He unsheathed his weapon, holding at his side as they walked. Here is the game plan, I will not be tanking, and we will be allowing for damage to decide who gets attacked. If it is you that is being damaged and you take too much I will howl and take back control. If things get too out of hand I have crystals. Jonathan stepped into the dead plains. He could tell thats is where they were because its where the lush green grass turned an ugly brown. Dead things and caracasses littered the brown. Don't worry, this area is only accessible by the level of twenty. Jonathan seen a nearby skeleton and pointed his weapon forward. I will attack first my friend. That way I can see its stats. Jonathan advanced on the lone creature. As the creature noticed him, it raised a spear and held its ground. Jonathan snickered and dashed forward. His weapon immediately began to rip through the skeleton upon contact. The blond brought a large amount of life down and then tried to back away unscathed but ended up failing. The spear impaled him in the rib, dealing minimum damage. He laughed and backed away, his wound already completely healed. 

Spoiler

72436 BD:9 MD:8

[H:2] Morgenstern 660/660 <<66/66>> [660-(107-100=1DMG)1+56=FULL HEALTH]

[H:0] @Khrysaor ?/?

[Morgenstern] Skeleton A 253/330 -77(11x7)

Edited by Morgenstern

Khrysaor had listened to Jonathan's plan carefully and replied with a smile, "Sounds like a plan. Let's do it. It certainly would be more fun this way." Khrysaor finished up his last minute inventory check-up and said with a laugh, "Don't worry I also have a few potions on hand if things start seeming like they are getting dicey. Which I most likely think we do not have to worry about too much." Khrysaor started to look around at his new surroundings with vigor, he did not know that some areas on a floor were only accessible to certain levels and was interested in seeing a new part of floor 1, that he had never explored before. He looked at the area, and was quite weary of the new, desolate area. Seemed like the monsters that were teeming there were mostly of the undead.

Khrysaor noticed the prey Jonathan pointed out for them and it was a skeleton. He allowed for his partner to go in for the first strike, and watched as both Jon's attack went through while the skeletons attack also went through, but Jonathan's healing capabilities kicked in leaving him without a scratch.

Now, it was Khrysaor's turn, he got into a battle ready stance and ran straight for his enemy all the while activating his sword art and attacking the skeleton with a few strikes to its chest. After, he was done he moved back to allow for Jonathan a chance to strike at the beast, and said, "Your turn my friend."

Spoiler

72455 BD:6

[H:2] @Morgenstern 660/660 <<66/66>>

[H:1] Khrysaor 500/500 HP | 50/50 NRG | 85 MIT | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 Rank in sword + 1 DMG enhancement)

Lasing Chopper Sword Art Activated (7x1)

[Morgenstern] Skeleton A 218/330 -35(7x5)

Edited by Khrysaor

Jonathan watched closely as his initiate made an attack. Jonathan was glad to see that the man hit him quite a few times in the chest. He was happy to see that the man was good, probably not that far below Jonathan. Sadly, It was much harder to level up as you got to level thirty. Jonathan smiled before turning his attention back to his target and charged. He he reached the skeleton, he began to hack away at its chest. As his attack finished, The tank paladin leapt backwards and moved to a defensive stance where then the skeleton advanced striking wildly at his shield. Its spear did nothing and Jonathan stood, still as strong as ever. He backed away to Khrysaor and gave him an encouraging nod to begin his attack. This skeleton would fall shortly enough, and they would have time for one or two more. This initiation was going much faster than expected which was enticing. 

Spoiler

72468 BD:7 MD:7

[H:3] Morgenstern 660/660 <<54/66>> [660-(107-100=1DMG)1+56=FULL HEALTH]

[H:1] @Khrysaor 500/500 HP | 50/50 NRG | 85 MIT | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 Rank in sword + 1 DMG enhancement)

[Morgenstern] Skeleton A 148/330 -70(7x10)

Edited by Morgenstern

Khrysaor had watched in awe as Jonathan battled the skeleton and defended against it with his shield. He could tell the paladins fighting skills were top notch. He saw as Jonathan gave the nod for the go ahead, and Khrysaor nodded back saying, "Going to take my crack at it now." He went in for a quick run and when he got within striking distance from the skeleton, Khrysaor swung with his sword in a diagonal down strike, but he only his air stumbling forwards a bit. As he watched in slight horror as the skeleton bent its body in such a way that no human could possibly be able to repeat in such a manner and side stepped him. He quickly twirled on the spot trying to catch site of his enemy and went on the defensive by bringing his shield forwards.

Spoiler

ID# 72857 BD:4 (MISS)

[H:3] @Morgenstern 660/660 << 54 /66>>

[H:1] Khrysaor 500/500 HP | 41/50 NRG | 85 MIT | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 Rank in sword + 1 DMG enhancement)

[Morgenstern] Skeleton A 148/330 -35(7x5)

Edited by Khrysaor

Jonathan watched as his initiate charged forward, but stumbled forward a bit, causing him to miss. Jonathan nodded. Unlike most, he understood the man's problem. Striking enemies, was not Jonathan's strong sport either. As a tank's duty was to take damage to protect others, they did not spend time and money to be able to hit enemies. They spent on it for taking hits. Taking charge of the battle, Jonathan charged forward, slamming his shield into his opponents weapon. From there he struck  the creature multiple times battering in its chest. Satisfied with his work, Jonathan backed up  and took a few hits, but was relatively in great shape. It appeared to be getting quite low on health, and Jonathan and Khrysaor would be finishing it rather quickly. "You got it this time Khry!" Were Jonathan's word of encouragement for his apprentice.

Spoiler

72905 BD:8 MD:8

[H:3] Morgenstern 660/660 << 54 /66>>  [660-(107-100=1DMG)1+56=FULL HEALTH]

[H:1] @Khrysaor 500/500 HP | 41/50 NRG | 85 MIT | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 Rank in sword + 1 DMG enhancement)

[Morgenstern] Skeleton A 78/330 -70(7x10)

Edited by Morgenstern

Khrysaor had shook himself out of his daze when he heard the encouraging coming out of his partners mouth. He steeled himsef for next the next attack, and went charging at the skeleton with all his might. He zig-zagged towards the skeleton making sure to trying to confuse his enemy as much as possible while thinking, 'This should hide some of movements and my attack, hopefully this works.' When he noticed a opening Khrysaor went in for the kill shot, making a horizontal cut with his sword. It seemed to be all for naught, as he saw the laughing skeleton duck his strike.

After, the miss Khrysaor made sure he wasn't in the range of the enemies attack, by jumping backwards a good distance. When he brought his sword up to guard, it could be seen that he was panting slightly, and said with a small smile to Jonathan, "Well, guess today is just not my lucky day. It seems to be your turn, partner, go ahead and behead the ugly thing would ya."

Spoiler

ID# 73589 BD: 3 (MISS)

[H:3] @Morgenstern 660/660 << 54 /66>>

[H:1] Khrysaor 500/500 HP | 39/50 NRG | 85 MIT | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 Rank in sword + 1 DMG enhancement)

[Morgenstern] Skeleton A 78/330

Edited by Khrysaor

Jonathan stood watching as his initiate got in good range and struck, but the blade sailed over the creature's head as the skeleton made a well-timed duck. Jonathan then noticed the man also had a curved weapon. His gear is indeed a lot like mine, and soon to be a lot of skills be the same. If I would had chosen better, I would have gone for the one-handed spear though. Jonathan smiled to the man as he indicated the Jonathan was open for an attack. The blond smiled and charged forward, aiming for the skeleton. As he bound forward, he placed his weapon at his waste, ready for an uppercut. As he got in range, he slashed upward, cutting the creature almost all the way in two, its collar bone the only thing keeping it together. Somehow, still the arms were functional though. It fell backwards and Jonathan sighed. "It would have been better, if you would have just died" The blond turned his attention to Khry and gave him a slight nod with the words, "It only has a sliver of health. Finish it off man." 

Spoiler

73619 BD:9 MD:5

[H:4] Morgenstern 660/660 << 48 /66>>

[H:1] @Khrysaor 500/500 HP | 39/50 NRG | 85 MIT | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 Rank in sword + 1 DMG enhancement)

[Morgenstern] Skeleton A 1/330 -77(7x11)

Edited by Morgenstern

Khrysaor had watched as his buddy easily dispatched the remaining skeletons HP, except for a singular HP. "Well damn, and I thought you had it there, it's life is hanging there by only a thread, oh I meant to say collar bone." Said Khrysaor with a small chuckle. Jonathan was giving him the go ahead to finish it off, he slowly went to the enemy that was trying its best to get up with little luck. He thought, 'Now this should be easy, there is going to be almost no resistance.'

As he reached the spot where the skeleton lay, he slowly brought his sword up and brought it back down right upon the bone that seemed to be holding the body up hoping to finish this quickly. As the skeleton made contact with his sword, he stared into the glaring red eyes, which slowly disintegrated into red pixels along with the skeletons body.

Spoiler

ID# 73631 BD: 7 (Wow didn't think the skeleton would be left with 1 HP)

[H:4] @Morgenstern 660/660 << 54 /66>>

[H:2] Khrysaor 500/500 HP | 38/50 NRG | 85 MIT | 5 DMG (1 Base + 3 Rank in sword + 1 DMG enhancement)

[Morgenstern] Skeleton A -4/330 -5

LD: 1 (No LOOT except the +1 T1 Mat)

Edited by Khrysaor

Jonathan smiled as Khrysaor, moved up to the point where the skeleton lay. He lifted his curved blade, and slammed it down into the creature's collarbone, ending its life right there. "Well that concludes the battle. I see you have done well. According to Kasier, and Itzal, you already passed your initiation, so you can consider this a rather short training session." The Tank Paladin smiled at his apprentice. "Soon, I will have you one of the best tanks in Aincrad!" The blond chuckled before realizing that the man was probably already the third best pure tank in Aincrad. "Soon though, I can see you being a Sentinel for the guild. The requirements were recently updated, so it will take longer to get there, but I am positive you will be there soon. " The blond sighed and sat back. He did not believe his Apprentice had reached tier two yet, which meant he was not going to be there for quite a while, but if the man worked hard, it would be quite soon.

• 1 month later...

(OOC: Sorry, for the long wait I should be on more regularly now that my exams are done and over with. @Morgenstern)

Khrysaor enjoyed his time in slaying the skeleton with Jonathan, it was pretty fun teaming up. He watched as his buddy went towards the downed skeleton and slammed his sword killing it. Khrysaor listened as he spoke to him, telling him that it was going to a small training session. He was happy that Jonathan wanted to make him the best tank, and smiled while replied, "Thanks, for the vote of confidence, chief."

He then hefted his blade back into his sheath for the time being and and said, "Yeah, I know I can't wait to become a sentinel either, but...". He frowned a bit but continued, "But, what do you mean it will take a little longer to become one. Sorry, it just I haven't recently been keeping track of the many guild updates that have been happening recently. Could you maybe get me up to date on these new sentinel rules and if any other major event happened within the guild."

Jonathan chuckled as the man called his chief. He was no the chief, or even the master. He had not completed his build even. Not by far. The Tank and Scout builds were the two hardest builds to complete as they had the most skills. Itzal was so much higher of a level than he, and the man still had not finished his build. Jonathan himself still needed about a hundred to two hundred SP to finish his. So many skills and Mods needed. The Tank Apprentice asked another question, one relating to the guld. Jonathan turned with a smile "Oh, yeah that is alright man. The new requirements for Sentinel is Level thirty five, not twenty five. Meaning... " The blond twirled his weapon and sheathed it at his side. "... That only the best and most drived players will be able to take leading positions. You have to work for it." The blond turned his attention to Khrysaor and asked, "That is reasonable right? It means that you have to be a certain strength to do it. Also means those under you won't perish or else you are at blame." Blame was probably the wrong word, but it would get the message through. 

Khrysaor watched as Jonathan was in thought for some time. He had waited for Jonathan's reply and got a while later. After, his buddy was finished explaining, it was Khrysaor's turn to have a thoughtful expression. He was thinking, 'Even though, it would take me a bit longer to become a sentinel. I can certainly see the benefits, and the reasons why the rule has been changed. It certainly makes a lot of sense, and could not faults the guild's decision on the matter.'

He replied to Jonathan, "For sure, it makes sense, and it shows who are truly committed to the guild and beating the game. Those who persevere are the only ones who get the prestige of the title of Sentinel, and its also true with the raise in the level required will make sure that the player is well equipped to take on a apprentice of his own, and make sure they can survive through the hardships of the game as well."

He started to make his way slowly through the bumpy ground for a little walk, and made a small hand gesture for Jonathan to follow.

Jonathan watched as Khry's expression became more thoughtful as he pondered a bit on what he had said. Eventually, he answered, showing that he personally thought it was a good idea. Jonathan smiled and turned, seeing Khrysaor starting head off. The man gave him a follow gesture and he took it. "Would you like to end training here, or would you like to continue. I really have nothing to do so..." The blond smiled and examined his sword. Dying Light had done him well today. So had Khrysaor. He just needed to get the man strong enough soon. He was sure he was eager for a boss fight, he was just quite a bit always and would need to train extensively to get there. He needed to participate in plenty of guild events, along with joining some game events. Perhaps next would be best. 'I wonder if he would be willing to extensively train. I have known people to do it and jump quite a few levels' 

@Khrysaor