[PP-F4] About as Home for the Holidays as its gonna get.

To: @Birdie

Hey, it's getting on toward Christmas Eve, so I figured I'd do something special for you. I found out they're serving hot cocoa, sugar cookies, and all sorts of fun stuff down on the fourth floor in celebration. Looks like we're going to be able to celebrate something after all- if you're interested, that is. I'll be sticking here for a few hours and having a drink or two, so show up if you want to.

-Tobias

As he finished typing out the message, Tobias glanced up at the work that had been put in decorating the hall for the festivities. Granted it was a bit early, the youth still managed to convince the NPCs that this was a custom where he came from, and it would draw in a crowd. Garland and sugarplums hung overhead, and stockings flecked the staircase that led up to the second floor. The fireplace was lit and warm, and they were offering hot cocoa to passers by for a meager amount of Col.

The tables were decorated with various ornaments and figures that depicted some famous ballet, mice embroiled at war with little wooden men. Holly and white/red tablecloths added to the decor, and just above the door hung mistletoe, which careful eyes would allow one to deftly dodge.

Tobias sat next to the flame in an old rocker, eyes closed. This reminded him of life back when his grandpa was around, when they'd all come together as a family and spend Christmas together. It was definitely a different world, Aincrad. He glanced over to the festive tree that he'd conned them into setting up, nestled in the corner near the stairs. Presents sat beneath it in a seasonable fashion, in hopes that people would feel the spirit when they entered.

"I really went all out," he muttered.

He held the present for Ava in his lap, wondering if she'd decide to join him. "I didn't give her too much warning," he reflected. "I can give it to her later, probably."

"Hot Cocoa and Sugar Cookies? Oh, he's good.." Ava breezed through the message one final time before she thought out a suitable reply.

To: Arc

Those are two of my favourite things at Christmas, you better not be joking. I'm picking up some stuff in Urbus right now, I can get there in about 20 minutes? See you!

-Birdie

Pressing send with a smile, Birdie swiped away her menu and gave a nod of thanks to the NPC merchant, walking away with a bag of accessories to add character to her creations.

Birdie arrived at her shop and set the sack down by the counter, waiting for the items to be absorbed into her crafting inventory. In the mean time, she went about choosing a comfortable outfit - if they were to meet on the 4th floor, a snowstorm was bound to be ever-brewing.

Going more for comfort than style, she selected a woolly white jumper and warm black leggings, with brown ankle boots to keep the cold from freezing her feet. Only minutes had passed and she was ready to go, though something started to nag her. "I forgot something.. what was it?" 'Warm clothes, deposit materials..' Her face appeared blank for only a moment before she uttered the loudest "oh" ever, making quick and brief haste for the backroom. "I'm an idiot, I'm an idiot," she muttered over and over, gathering up everything she'd need before setting out.

~Minutes later~

Knock, knock, knock

'Why did I knock?' The woman was hesitant to head inside without invitation. Regardless of the shop's public status, it felt like the right thing to do - especially since she'd been invited there by Tobias, manners were mandatory. 'I just hope he likes what I got him..' she thought, clutching a small box in both hands.

@Arc