[PP-F2] Well nice to meet you too! (Hydra, Evac)

As i walked outside of the safe zone i realised that i havent met a pker yet. Not that its a good thing, but it isnt a bad thing either. I mean some stories players pass on tell of the player killers like savage beasts. I choose not to beleive those types of stories. Nix was on the ground sniffing and looking at flowers as we exited the last bit of garden there was. "Cmom pal," I said while offering my arm to him. He accepted and gave a little huff of happiness. "Weve got to go explore!" "Yuurhhhh!!" I looked to the left and right before continuing forwards in the plain. He jumped down and darted left into some tall grass. "What was that about Nix?" I said standing still waiting for him to come back. "Nix?" "Hur." I took a couple steps into the grass and soon found him staring at a player who was sitting with his back to a tree. I looked at the guy. "Sorry about him, hes got bad manners. Im Evac, whats your name?" I asked with a smirk crossing my face.

Hydra had recently returned to his store deep in the forests of the second floor when he realized he had no materials. "Hmm, I need to go out and collect some." He mumbled  It had been a while, but the feeling of nostalgia was real as he began to scour the nearby forests. Fresh memories came back to him that he had nearly forgotten, how often he would spend his time daydreaming and staring up at the sky longing for his wishes to be answered.

The thought of it all made him a little drowsy and after having little luck in finding anything so far so far he slung his spear over his shoulder before slumping against a side of a tree and taking in all his surroundings. For a moment he closed his eyes before he felt a shuffling beneath him. "Twilight?" He glanced down to see what his familiar was doing on the floor, only it wasn't his own familiar. Twilight just let out a hiss before coiling around his body and flexing it's wings. So whatever this thing was it certainly wasn't his. "Errr?" There was a brief pause and then suddenly a player came from the nearby grass, apologizing for his friends behavior.

Hydra listened to him for a moment and blinked a few times a little confused by everything. The feeling quickly passed however as the player introduced himself as Evac, he seemed like a friendly guy. Hydra smiled back and then stood up "It is no problem, my own familiar isn't well behaved either." He gestured to Twilight and laughed. Her two heads were now trying to bite at each other, it looked a little odd but it was just her normal behavior. "Are you lost?" The young adventurer asked Evac pondering how he ended up here.

I laughed. "No, im not lost. Just wandering. Nix here is a little adventurous at tiimes. Nice familliar ya got there! She sure is pretty, looks fiesty too." I sat down across from him and looked up. "The clouds look so real. Everything is just so vivid...." I looked back down at Nix who seemed to be sizing my new friend up. "Huuuuurrrrrr" I gave a two finger poke in his ribs and said "Oh you hush." I shifted my glance back to the player before me. "I just dont know what to do here. I keep doing the same old thing and i always end up mad at myself. I come out here to just relax. Its funny how one gets this game to escape yet whe one is in the game they must escape from it to keep from going insane." 

"Ah that is good to hear!" Evac's familiar he called 'Nix' certainly seemed to have quite the character, whilst Hydra's own familiar was weird and wonderful it was equally bewildering to see a red panda these days. The last time Hydra had encountered one was in a zoo. The thought brought a warm feeling back to his heart, although with a tinge of sadness with it, reminding him of his old family and friends. Turning his head back at Evac, Hydra continued speaking in his usual friendly tone. "And Twilight, yes most the time she just sleeps, I found her injured in a forest." 

The conversation moved on from familiar's to philosophy. "Mmm" Hydra nodded, what Evac said made sense. Even if the brunette could cloud watch all day or sit and relax in one of the many glades, it still wouldn't change the fact that they  were all in a virtual prison together. Quickly remembering the player had asked him his name he scratched the back of his head and in a very apologetic voice said. "Oh forgive me, my name is Hydra. I forgot to mention that." There was something else weighing on his mind that he should probably tell this player, although he was scared that this person's attitude would quickly change if he told him. Mustering up the courage Hydra knew it was better to be honest. "Oh I also have an orange cursor... I didn't actually kill anyone if you can believe that. Although I did assist in there murder..." His voice went slightly quieter as he finished the sentence.

Thats impossible. Theres no way this guy could-as I looked up sure enough, bing an orange cursor. I looked down at him. All through him talking, Nix had been inching up closer and closer to him, untill finally Nix was almost in his lap. He gave Hydra a headbutt on his knee then said "hurr!" With a happy panda face. "Frankly, i couldnt care less. Nix here is a pretty good judge of character and well he likes you. I dont see how someone that would care enough about a dragon-snake thing who was injured in the forest and nurse it back to health could be a bad person. Hydra, whoever died, im sure they had it coming. Also im a big beleiver that people can change. My older brother told me when we started this game not to judge a player by their cursor." I stuck my hand out to him "Id like to be your friend." I sent an invitation to him as I gave him a warm smile.

"Ow that hurt." Hydra said in a playful voice to Nix. Most people took his orange the cursor poorly but it really meant a lot to him that Evas still showed him kindness. "Thank you." Hydra said nodding quickly returning to his former self. He opened up the friendship invitation and gladly accepted. Twilight suddenly let out one of her loud wyrmling like cries and began to buzz about the forest circling the players over head.

"What is she up to now?" The spearman pondered, despite having been with his familiar near the start sometimes she was downright crazy. Although he didn't mind it. "This might be a guess but Twilight is possibly signalling incoming danger..." The spearman paused for a moment in thought before continuing. "How are you with your weapon? The creatures on this floor shouldn't be to tough to take on. However they are aggressive."

The spearman seemed to suddenly spring to life from his previous daydreaming like state. Within moments he had equipped Lyrica's fang, it shon a bright silver as the tip refracted the sunlight. "There might actually be nothing coming, truth be told Twilight likes to play games with me sometimes." The spearman looked as far as he could see into the forest. If anything was going to attack it would show up soon.

I equiped my basic sword,"Im pretty okay. Ill have a katana soon." I stood up and faced the opposite direction as he did. Nix went up a tree and ran a perimeter as I had taught him to, atta boy i thought. I looked all around but nothing stood out to me. "Hmmmm. Somethings not right." I thought of Violet and when she almost died. It sent shivers down my spine. Whatever was coming was about to get one hell of a welcome. I felt the adrenaline rush and my senses sharpen my nerves went away and instinct took over. I gripped my curved sword tighter. "Ive been needing some stress releif. What about you?" I said devlishly

Hydra nodded, he didn't like killing but then again this world was mostly virtual and destroying a MOB every now and then wouldn't deem someone a murderer. The players must have stood still and silent waiting for anything to show up for a few minutes. Nothing did. The spearman sighed "Sorry about that looks like Twilight was wro..." Hydra was suddenly cut  off as various webs shot down towards him entangling him in a mess of cobweb. For a moment only the sound of his frantic mumbling could be heard beneath the nest of silk.

At that point eight gargantuan green spiders he had named forests creepers fell from the trees surrounding Hydra and Evac. All eight spiders pounced on the web sack Hydra was entombed in. Their fangs outstretched and dripping with venom. They remained there for a few moments not paying attention to anything else, other than a meal. Luckily for Hydra he wasn't going to become anything's lunch. A bright white light suddenly shone through the silk case and then out burst Hydra, Twirling his spear around him and ripping apart the nearest four spiders into crystals as he activated hurricane.

Afterwards he fell to the floor spluttering out web, and shaking slightly but otherwise fine. The four remaining spiders turned and focused on him once more. "I hate spiders... anything but spiders." He mumbled a distraught look on his face.  

@evac

ID# 71970 results:

Battle: 10 (+2 DMG)

MOB: 9 (+1 DMG)

Damage to Hydra = 21-18 = 3x8 = 24 DMG

Damage to MOB = AOE <Hurricane> (4x1) = 9+2x4 = 44 DMG to Forest Creeper 1-4

[H:2] Hydra 476/500 HP | 42/50 Energy | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 EVA

[H:0] Evac ?/? HP | ?/? Energy 

Forest Creeper (1) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (2) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (3) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (4) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (5) 8/8 HP | 20 DMG

Forest Creeper (6) 8/8 HP | 20 DMG

Forest Creeper (7) 8/8 HP | 20 DMG 

Forest Creeper (8) 8/8 HP | 20 DMG

Edited by Hydra

@Hydra

I was taken off of my adrenalne high when he started his sentence, but I couldnt help but holler a little when the spiders pounced on him. I was then thrown back up to my hightened state when they got on top of him. I was semi afraid still. I mustve looked quite stupid because Nix, looked at me and cocked his head with a lmao kind of look. "Yeah laugh it up furball." I said rolling my eyes at him. Then the white light shone out from underneath the spiders. At first i thought he died but then i realised it was a sword art. "You go Hydra!" I stood there amazed at his ability. I looked at one of the spiders and ran at it. I drew in my sword and readied to slice it but before i got there, I tripped over a random root of a tree and proceded to tumble into the trunk of another."Hrgghhhh!" I growled at the spider as though it did anything. It didnt.

ID# 71971 results:

Battle: 4 (FAIL)

H:2] Hydra 476/500 HP | 42/50 Energy | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 EVA

[H:0] Evac 120/120 HP | 24/24 Energy 

Forest Creeper (1) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (2) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (3) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (4) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (5) 8/8 HP | 20 DMG

Forest Creeper (6) 8/8 HP | 20 DMG

Forest Creeper (7) 8/8 HP | 20 DMG 

Forest Creeper (8) 8/8 HP | 20 DMG

Edited by evac

@evac

Evac's attempt was noble but unfortunately he just missed the target and ended up falling on his face. The familiar's were having a good time at least. Nix was laughing at his owner in his own kind of way, and Twilight disappointed in Hydra's crappy perception had decided to take a nap rather than help the group fight. 

In any case this fight was fortunately coming to a close. The spiders once again reared upwards preparing to pounce. Hydra thrust his armor backwards and once again activated <hurricane>. Whilst it wasn't his most powerful sword art he didn't need it to be. The force was impactful enough to destroy the remaining enemy creatures.

Shortly after the brunette fell to his knees. He was breathing deeply as his energy had gotten a little low although it was nothing serious. "Phew." That fight was solid he said still panting slightly. The spearman then through a scornful look at Twilight who hissed at him in return, probably blowing its tongue out at him.

ID# 71973 results:

Battle: 7+1 (hit)

MOB: 2-3 (miss)

Damage to Hydra = 0

Damage to MOB = AOE <Hurricane> (4x1) = 9x4 = 36 DMG to Forest Creeper 5-8

[H:2] Hydra 476/500 HP | 35/50 Energy | 9 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 EVA

[H:0] Evac 120/120 HP | 22/24 Energy 

Forest Creeper (5) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (6) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (7) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

Forest Creeper (8) 0/8 HP | 20 DMG [DEAD]

TOTAL LOOT:

Loot minimum parametres met - 8x Forest creeper killed

(HP - Floor x 4) (DMG - Floor x 10)

- 8 T1 Mats (Four each) 

Edited by Hydra

As he charged the skill up again, I watched him spin, his spear slicing the remaining spiders into a billion tiny shards of animated glass. Still layimg upside down i again gaped at him. "Your good." I rolled over and righted myself. Then promptly threw a rock at Nix. "Come here ya punk!" I said jokingly. He dodged the rock like it was nothing then bounded down to me. I still sat and looked at the warrior before me. "Hydra, right now ima noob. Just a plain ol noob. One day, ill be lucky if Im half as good as you fam." I laughed at myself,I stood up and walked to him and offered my hand to help him up. I thought back to that day when Violet was getting her familliar and I jumped off the roof just to fall on my face. Then got helped up by a random player. I felt like he did n that situation.

"Thanks." Hydra said reaching out his hand as he was pulled up to his feet once more. He listened to Evac and shook his head slightly. "There are people far stronger than me fighting on the frontlines. Im sure if one trained hard enough they could easily be fighting among them."  His voice was friendly and had a light hearted tone to it. However everything the brunette said he meant. The spearman didn't see himself as anything special and he certainly didn't believe in the principles that his life held a higher value than others simply because of his level. Hydra judged a person's value based on character, and character alone.

Letting out a yawn the spearman patted his mouth before opening up his inventory. "Time for lunch." He laughed as his stomach made a slight growling sound. At the mention of the word lunch, Twilight perked her heads up before flying over as the spearman looked in his inventory. Much to both his dismay and Twilight's as he opened up his inventory all he had was some stale bread. Twilight nipped him on the ear. "Alright, alright we can go and find something." Hydra said trying to wave her off his shoulder. Finally turning to Evac he smiled, "Im going to see what I can find lying about in this forest. You can come with me if you like!"

I thought about what he was saying. He had misunderstood me. "Thats not what i meant. I have the problem of freezing sometimes. Like only if its super important to me or really scary." I frowned and thought back to that horrible day. The day James and Kayla died. I teared up a little then continued "I already have respect for you because you were honest to me about the cursor. You didnt even freeze up when the spiders pounced on you. Had it been me instead of you idve died. And you were nice to my pet so of course I admire you already. If there was more of you in Kabaya Akihibo, Id be able to log out. Those names on the stone wouldnt be there. Hydra I havent know you but for a short period, and already i see much good in you." I wipped my face. Nix put his paw on my cheeck and said "ammroooo! Amroooooo!!!!!" "Seems like twilights not the only one, Ill tag along!" I finished while ruffling my hair back to how I like it and stood up. Nix gave a hmph of approval and climbed to my shoulder.

Hydra saw Evac tearing up a little. It happened to the spearman often as well. "Forgive me and it seems we both value character based on emotion rather than strength... That is good to hear!" The young adventurer laughed a little trying to cheer Evac up. In any case the pair of players and there hungry familiars seemed to ready to do a little exploration. "First things first we need to decide on a list of ingredients." He said stroking his chin slightly. *Nrrraw* Twilight started twisting her body and flapping her wings, indicating her favorite type of food.

"Okay that means mushrooms." Hydra's face went a little pale as he said the word, why on earth Twilight had a fascination with mushrooms he did not know but eating the wrong one would mean certain death. Twilight seeemed happy at least, twilring around in the air and letting out a gleeful cry as Hydra put it on the list. "Errr what goes with mushrooms." He sat down and tapped his head before eventually writing down 'water' and 'tree roots' the plan was some sort of soup so far. Turning his head to Evac with a confused smile he asked "Anything you or Nix likes to eat?"

I smiled when he laughed. I was fascinated by twilights ability to communicate with her owner. "Thats quite amazing Hydra! Nix always just paws for the stuff he wants. Occasianally makes a half hearted attempt to say bamboo, but its hard to understand. He can say hi though..." I thought about what could go with mushrooms. "Ya know bell peppers go good with mushrooms. Ill have to feed Nix some bamboo, but ill pretty much eat anything. Whatever kind of protein hydration pack the hooked us up too irl, it goes down just fine. So im fine with anything really." I rubbed Nix behind the ears. How do we find bell peppers??? Much less bamboo, this is crazy i thought to myself. "Well im ready!"

"Mmm bell peppers and bamboo." Hydra nodded to himself and quickly scribbled them down. The list wasn't to big but the ingredients were a little funny. "No matter." Hydra thought to himself. Looking upwards he just recalled Evac saying Nix could say bamboo. "What, He can talk?!" Hydra said astonished at the red panda. Blinking a few times and coming back to his senses he apologized to everyone for suddenly shouting and recalled the list one more time. "One mushroom, one bamboo, one bell pepper and a tree root... Oh and some water. That'll be the easiest to get."

He glanced up to the sky where dark clouds had begun to gather. "Hmm. oh we will need something to cook it in as well." He mumbled to himself. Now fully standing Hydra glanced around him, he was clueless as to where to start so just waited to see what Evac did. "Is Nix any good at smelling things? Twilight only flickers her tongue every now and then. She doesn't like to co-operate." The spearman said shaking his head.

I laughed at his reaction to me saying Nix can talk. "Yeah, he can say some stuff, but only for treats. Luckily," I materialized a gummi bear pack and shook some into my hand "I have his second favorite food right here. Nix, get down." I pointed down but knowing what i was about to do was already going there. I looked at Hydra-"Check this out! Nix tell Hydra what your favorite food is." He looked at my hand and I flashed the gummi bears at him. He said "Ambooo!!!" I opened my hand and rewarded him with the couple of bears I had. "Good job pal!" I said scratching his ears with my free hand. When he asked if Nix had a good sense of smell I shrugged and replied "I do not know actually. Only one way to find out!" I looked at Nix, who was still chewing on the last of the bears and asked "Buddy, do you think you could go find some mushrooms?" He looked at me with those hyper realistic eyes and cocked his head. As he swallowed the mouthfull he had he looked around and started walking away from us. " Hunh. Apparently he can. But I have never seen him do this before, although it would explain him being able to find players while theyre eating." I shurgged again. "All we can do is hope." I started to follow him.

Nix's ability was impressive. Twilight rarely made any sounds, but if she did it was a demand on Hydra or something else that benefited her. "Haha that is very impressive." Hydra said bursting out into a laugh. The relationship between familiar and owner was truly remarkable at times. What was better was that it seemed to work. Upon hearing the word mushroom, the red panda had already darted off in a random direction. Glancing at Twilight, Hydra raised an eyebrow "You could learn something from our new friends here." She didn't seem to pay attention to Hydra's remark, much to his expectation.

Turning back around the young adventurer began to follow Evac and his familiar. "Mm that would make sense, Nix has a remarkable ability."  A harsh gust of wind suddenly rushed through the forest rustling the tree's along with Hydra's hair. "I think a storm is upon us." He commented looking up once more at the dark clouds gathering above them.

Edited by Hydra

I laughed with him. "Thanks, it took a long time to teach him." Hydra was right though, there did seem to be a storm comimg, I thought as the wind picked up. We were walking alomg with Nix when he just stopped and said "hurrrrghh." while sitting down. Sure enough, right in front of him were a familly of mushrooms. "Huh. Never knew he had it in him." I said with a suprised face. Nix on the other hand was looking up as the dark clouds started to get even darker . A storm was in fact brewing and wheter we liked it or not we were in it now. I was not about to just leave Hydra here and run back to the town, I couldnt do that.  "I dont like the looks of this. What do you think we should do?" I glanced over to Hydra and Twilight, picking Nix up and giving him scratches. 

Edited by evac
Done

"Well done." Hydra said smiling and leaning down to pick up the mushrooms. It seemed the storm had certainly begun to pick up now. "Hmmm...." Hydra pondered for a moment. "My shop is not to far from here, we can take shelter there possibly." Suddenly a bolt of lightning struck a few miles away from them nearly giving both the brunette and Twilight a heart attack. The spearman let out muffled groan on the floor. Twilight too seemed a little dazed by it. After managing to sit back up it looked like everything was in full swing now. Off in the distance more lightning could be seen striking and it had begun to rain harshly. Even in SAO was the weather as unpredictable as it had been in reality. Raising his voice over the thunder and trying to signal to Evac he pointed towards the forest. "We can take shelter there!" The spearman hoped the lightning hadn't been programmed to travel up the fastest possible route in order to reach the sky, because if it did they may as well have entered a forest of lightning rods.