[PP-F2] Well nice to meet you too! (Hydra, Evac)

"Thanks!" I liked the idea of going to his shop. When the lightning struck we all were stunned for a moment. The rain. It feels real, looks real and even smells real. Its just so real. I looked up and closed my eyes then took a deep breath. *hhuuuugggghhhh* "we....ake....lter...ere!" I opened my eyes. Hydra was saying something while pointing to the forest. I glanced behind us. Dry grass. Both were just waiting fire storms. "This is getting exciting." I said with a hint of arson dripping from my voice. I started to jog into the forest waving for Him to follow. Nix on the other hand, jumped into my backpack and curled up.

The whole world seemed to be shaking by the time the players and their familiars were under the cover of the forest. "I thought floor 7 was suppose to be the stormy one?" The spearman commented glancing up at the sky with a baffled expression on his face. Shaking his head free of any rain that had already soaked him he glanced around the forest and scratched his cheek. "Now which way was it?"

Eventually picking a direction Hydra started to walk. His heavy armor had trapped a lot of the water beneath making him feel a little damp. Twilight was also in a foul mood, with her lunch being ruined, she had decided to coil up on the spearman's head. Letting out a sigh he supposed at least they weren't dead. The optimistic pessimist is what one might call his attitude. Needless to say the storm certainly was astonishing, the young adventurer wondered if it had a deeper meaning.

"Ha! Not today, now its floor 2!" I said with a small hit on his arm. Seeing his obvious discomfort I was suddenly appreciative of my basic leather armour which seemed to shed water pretty well. Nix was asleep and I was happy about that too because Hydra now had a 'hat'. "Nice hat ya got there by the way!" I said with laugh. He did have an interesting familliar, thats for sure! "But on a more serious note, Ive never heard of this floor to have this kind of storm. Its as though its an omen. Please tell me you feel the same way...." I nervously glanced at him and his snake. I followed him mindlessly wondering about randomness and if this storm was programed in to strike at a random time or if my gut was right. If my gut was right, then cue Jaws music! I hope im wrong, i thought. My stomach was feeling all wonky. "Bleh." I said as we walked deeper into the woods.

"Yeah, there is something definitely strange about this storm. I have lived on floor 2 for a while and not seen anything like it." The rain was so heavy now it was practically ripping through the forests cover and soaking the players anyway. The young adventurer had always liked the rain, he described it as 'peaceful' to be in and around. Well.... this rain certainly wasn't that. Looking down at the ground it appeared the floor was starting to get water clogged. Hydra let out a sigh. Suddenly another large bolt of lightning struck a larger nearby tree splitting it in half completely.

"Errr..." Hydra wondered if his own store would even be good enough shelter. In any case after a few more miles of walking they reached his home. A hidden store buried deep in the forests of the second floor, very few ever found this place. Hydra gestured his friends in first "Make yourself at home. Sorry about the mess."

As I entered his shop I noticed that it wasnt what I considered a mess. "Hydra this is nice man! This isnt messy compared to what my room looked like." Nix popped out of my bag and started wandering around the hidden away shop. I ran my fingers through my hair while looking out a window. It was seriously coming down out there. I eyed my brunette friend. "Call me Liam. Thats my real name. My brother, James, got me into video games. He was 23. My little sister loved anything I did so of course we got this death trap together. She was 11. We lived in the state mississippi. Its in the u.s.. My mom liked it when we played games, my dad on the other hand thought that we did out of laziness. But none of that really matters." I bit my lower lip and continued. "Thats how Im here. What about you?

With nothing to do other than wait for the storm to pass the two players began to tell one another their backgrounds. Evac went first. He had a brother and a sister, his real name was Liam and he was from the U.S, he mentioned something which caught the spearman's attention that he thought he bring up later. "It sounded like you had a loving family." Hydra said with a smile. Upon being asked about his own background, Hydra glanced upwards and briefly hummed to himself as he tried to think about it.

"Well, I am from England my name is Peter. Errr... I also had a brother and sister, although we never got on. I was the forgotten child." Hydra paused and laughed before continuing. "I got on with my family but I was also addicted to gaming, I probably spent more time in as many virtual worlds that I could access, compared to the real one. I never really liked the real one, it seemed dull, boring and it made me anxious. I was a no one really... But here I am someone. Here I might one day have importance." Hydra's voice was wavering between a light hearted and sympathetic tone to a slightly dull and depressed one.

"You mentioned your sister. Did she get trapped here as well?"

I smiled at his story's begining but it soon left my face as it took a dark turn. Then he asked about my sister. "Oh Liam, itll be fine! Link start-"  Flash backs of Kaylas face still haunt me. I hugged myself as I thought of the last time I saw her real face. Little did we three know what was coming. James told us about what it would be like, he said "Its all you could want from a game." "My brother... he bought three Nerve gears and three copies of SAO. We joined as a team of sibilings. We were doing pretty good untill that announcement that is ingrained in evrery player head. James was a heavy grinder and got alot of good stuff. Kayla and I just walked around town making friends and crap like that. She liked those kind of things." I was smiling. "This is where it gets a little sour. After we found out that that we could all die James decided we should go to a park. Out of the safe zone. we went into the woods. Out of nowhere a couple players came up to us." I started to break a little bit here, It felt horribly talking about it. But he asked hes about to get the truth. I looked outside, ha. Still pouring down out there. How fitting. "They demanded everything but our basic equipment. I froze, but james. No. James laughed and said 'nope.' They looked at each other and said 'yes, yes you will. Or youll die!' I didnt know what to do so i obeyed them. I equipped my basic stuff then dropped everything else. Kayla started to inch farther and farther away from the group. James unsheathed his sword and struck at them. He missed. They didnt. Kayla she ran. I was there when he shattered.... That horible sound that no one wants to hear. One of them approached me the other two ran after Kayla. I dont know who died when they caught up to her. The guy said 'Thank you for your kind donation.' That snapped me out of it. He pulled his weapon and I ran. I ran so fast my tears were sideways. When I got into the safe zone I turned around and flipped him off. But Kayla was here. I dont know that she is dead." I was looking down, tears running down my face.

Hydra remained in a dead silence as Evac told the rest of his story. With each word however a hungry darkness seemed to emerge within the spearman's eyes. Once he had finished Hydra looked at Liam for a moment. Then withdrew his spear smoothly and in a non provocative way. "Don't blame yourself..." The young adventurer eventually said looking down at his weapon which he had placed on his lap. The tip of the spear shining brightly.

Twilight's attitude had also changed, her behaviour could be described as sinister as she now coiled around the whole of Hydra, each head resting upon the shoulders of the brunette. "I will help you find out what happened to your sister, I will also help avenge your brother if you so wish it." Lifting his spear gently Hydra ran his finger along the edge of the blade, a small stream of crystals dissipated into the air. "Earlier I told you I helped kill someone. I do regret it, however that person was a traitor. I will say they didn't deserve to die. However other player killers... guilds like the laughing coffin... People who feed on the weaknesses of others. Now that I am one of them myself I may as well do what is in my power to kill as many as I can. Know that if you agree there may be no coming back from it though."

It took me a second to figure out what he meant. Nix came into where we were at and laid down. He must be tired. I looked at Peter and noticed his spear was drawn. Memories were still flooding back to me. James hollering. Kayla running. For some reason my brain was fixated on this. James hollering. Kayla running. Its like my entire body was screaming at me to punch something. James hollering. KAYLA RUNNING. My fists balled themselves up. JAMES HOLLERING. KAYLA RUNNING. Then it stopped. There was the man who had approached me to kill me. "You dont have to do this for me Peter. I dont want you to die. But if you could help me, Id appreciate it. I want to find my sister. I want to make those pkers pay." With rage in my eyes I looked at Hydra. "Thank you." My blood was boiling and it felt as though I was being pricked by a thousand needles all over.

Hydra sensed the suppressed rage in Evac  as he balled up his fists then he mentioned that he wanted to make the player killers pay. A twisted smile formed on Hydra's face. "You will make them pay... Oh and as for your sister." The brunette went silent for a minute and then spoke. His tone of voice had lost it's bloodthirsty ring and once again returned to the casual and cheerful one from before. "I would love to help." Hydra said, a warm smile returning. 

Outside the storm continued to rage on although it did appear to have dipped a little in its ferocity. Dequipping his weapon which he was a little confused as to why he got out, Hydra wandered to the shop's window and peered out into the forest. "I wonder if this does mean something." He mumbled to himself. Shaking his head at his own paranoia he turned back around. "Errrr...." Hydra wasn't the best of hosts, he didn't really have anyway to kill the time other than through story telling, which they had both done their fair bit of sharing on.

As the anger left me, I started to plan it out. Peter seemed quite intrested in helping me find my sister. "You would get along great with her. Shes taller than me despite being younger." As he went to the window, i looked at my fists. They were white with pressure. "Oh crap." I mumbled under my breath. Nix was dead asleep, and I was getting there. I got out a bottle of water and took slow sips. I got up and offered some to Hydra while getting closer to him at the window. Hearing his 'Errr' when he turned around, I continued to stare into the forest. *Grgggrrggrr* I felt my stomach. Still empty. "Still got that stale bread?"

(OOC: Sorry about the late reply, been quite busy)

Hydra simply nodded before withdrawing the bread and passing it to Evac. "Don't worry you and Nix can have it, I was never a fan of bread. Oh and don't worry about the water, save it for later." The spearman paused and contemplated what Liam's sister was like. "In reality im actually smaller than in this one. Not that it matters, I use to hate how I looked as a child. There was always something which got on my nerves." The brunette half sighed and half laughed before he turned back to face the window. The glass panes had been masked in water droplets so it was difficult to make anything out.

"So your sister, what does she look like?" Hydra said continuing the conversation. If he needed to help find her then he would first need to know what he was looking for. "Oh and if there is any other information, where she might have gone. That would also help." The spearman said his voice friendly but slightly out of touch with the world.

(Ooc np man!) 

I graciously accepted the bread. While I put the water away, I started to wonder why he wanted to help, other than pking the pkers, he didnt get anything out of it. I looked at him curious of what could possibly look so bad about him as a child. "Oh come on, it can be that bad Peter. If it helps any, you didnt turn out too bad..." I gave him a consoling smirk and ran my fingers through my blonde hair. I smiled as I split the vread with a groggy red panda. When I turned back to my original position, He had returned to the window and aske about what kayla looked like. It ook me a second to recall her. "She is 13. She has purple hair, she is petite, has one blue eye the other green. Theyre on the opposite side as mine are." I gestured to my left green eye and right blue before continuing, "she was wearing purple armor. Her weapon is a one handed straight sword." I started to feel sad mad again. While tearing up I punched the wall. "I miss them. I miss them so much Peter. You dont know how much this means to me. The fact that I just met you like an hour or two ago and your already helping me alot...." I turned towards him with tears in my eyes and closed tge distance between us to hug him. "Thank you so much." I backed up and wipped my face with my sleeve. "Im sorry I am so emotionall. Ive always been umable to keep it caped inside me." As the tears came out I kep wiping them. I looked up at Peter. "Why are ou doing this? Its a big thing to do for a person you barley know." I looked out the rain covered window, trying to make out what I could. The storm was only getting worse. I yawned while sitting down next to Nix, tears still rolling and myself a sniffling mess.

(Ooc are we gunna try and find her in this one?)

(OOC: It's up to you, I don't mind what we do ^^)

"..." Why was Hydra doing this? Truth be told he didn't know himself. He had always enjoyed helping others, he enjoyed putting smiles onto there faces. "It is okay." he said comforting his friend. Sometimes actions spoke louder than words. Perhaps that was why he liked to help, to find out who he was. "I help because I, well because I can. Hundreds, no, thousands turn away. People in power who can help others. But instead they choose to spend it on themselves, whilst destroying the lives of the poor, decimating the environment to there own benefit. I see them as monsters who feed upon the weak."

Hydra took in a deep breath before continuing. "It is fine to cry and be emotional, I do it all the time." Hydra laughed a little, his own eyes getting a little watery now. "Oh and your eyes are incredibly interesting. I must admit I hadn't noticed until now but that should really help with the search for your sister, she sounds like quite the character." The spearman let out another light laugh. "Problem is whether we go out in the storm or wait for it to pass. Your call?" The young adventurer said.

• 2 weeks later...

(Ooc sorry for the long wait rl got me messed up, and lets not do it in this one. Just want to do some stuff before I go orange.)

I smiled through the tears. "Thanks." I said while whiping them from my cheecks. Contemplating my options, I stole a glance outside. It seemed that the storm had stabilized for the moment. It also looked the worst it had since it started. We, in theory, could make it out to find them. But it wouldnt be that comfortable. It would also make us easy targets of an ambush of creatures. My colthes were still damp. I looked my friend over. Awww, how could I ask him to go out into this rain. "Lets wade this out. At least untill visibillity reaches a few feet away!" I let loose a chuckle. I yawned, and thought more about what couldve possibly made Hydra embarrased in his younger years. I grabbed Nix and huddled up with him as I propped my back against the wall, with my head a few inches past the windows edge across from Hydra.

(no worries, rl comes first ^^)

"Alright. no problem." Hydra said. It could be a while or a minute for the storm to end for all he knew. The brunette didn't mind however, the sound of the rain was soothing to listen to. "Im going to take a look around my shop", it had been a while since it was last opened to the general public. Picking himself up the young spearman moved through his store examining the various trinkets he had crafted since its first opening. Hydra's specialty was making charms which when caught the right lighting, would illuminate and glow boosting the player's stats. Or debuffing the enemies. In fact his very first perfect item was to do just with that, when 'Daydreamer's Light' caught the sun, or any other natural light it would shine brightly allowing Hydra to dodge an enemy's attack, at least that was the idea. Perhaps if his shop was to ever become well known again he could use that skill once more, although he had his doubts being an orange player and all.