[PP - F6] Feeling "Beat"?

Beatbox had woke up from his home looking over to his room, it was bare. No decorations at the moment and Beatbox was too lazy to get to decorating his new home, however he knew this wasn't going to be the main point of today, it had been a bit since Beat had seen Birdie for a while, with a yawn he sent out a message to Birdie:

To: @Birdie

Hey. Its been a minute since we got the dungeon map. Care to venture into the dungeon today?

I'll be in the main town on floor 6, see you soon-ish. If not let me know Aight?

He sent the message and stretched his arms, he got himself out of bed and put his equipment on and headed out to the floor teleporter, he yawned and said with a sleepy voice "Teleport. Floor 6." then was teleported to the main city of floor 6, he stepped out and looked around, not many people were around at the time, nor did he see Birdie at the exact moment. He shrugged and took a seat near the teleporter and waited for Birdie to make her arrival or not. He slowly closed his eyes and took a nap, he was that tired.

To: @Beatbox

I was beginning to think you'd never ask, sure thing! I'll be there soon.

"Took him long enough," she said with a smile, packing away a few things she might need for the trip. Suffice to say, she'd equipped her Scouting Garbs and newly beloved rapier, as well as the Precision Stone which would see to it that her accuracy was increased. Today, she wouldn't be scouting, but instead diving head-first into a dungeon with none other than Beatbox. This meant there'd be a lot of fighting and she wanted to be prepared for anything - despite the fact that she might not need it, the woman packed a damage potion just in case.

~A few minutes later~

Birdie kicked at the ground beneath her, standing with her arms folded. She'd awaited Beatbox's arrival yet he hadn't shown - strange, considering he said he'd be there soon. Growing restless, she decided to explore town a little; they had the messenger to contact each other, after all.

Soon after she started venturing, the woman spotted a familiar head of blonde hair lying down on a bench. 'Is that entirely safe?' she wondered, treading lightly as she carefully made her way over to him.

"Beeeat?" she sung in an attempt to wake him, her voice soft. The last thing she wanted to do was make him mad, after all.

@Beatbox

Beatbox didn't really think or dream about anything, it was one of the last things that he wanted to do in this game. He didn't want to keep his expectations up to anything, nor did he want to keep himself happy over a simple dream. He heard a voice sing over him, he shook his head and groaned "G-give me like five more minutes..." he said as he turned over to the side a bit. He was extremely tired and didn't want to do anything at the current moment, nor did he really think this ahead. Then he realized who he said that two and forcefully woke himself up, "O-oh... good morning then Birdie.." he said with a yawn and looked up at her with a tired expression "So how have you been Birdie? You weren't in a good mood when we both left sides couple days back... you've been alright?" he said with concern mostly with a tired expression though. Emphasis on tired, he was extremely tired.

@Birdie

Birdie rolled her eyes. "I'm feeling way better, thanks for asking. I.. I'm sorry for being mean back there, really. I didn't mean to sound like a total-" She stopped herself from blabbing the curse word, "-.. I'm sorry." She offered him the best smile she could muster; it wouldn't make up for the way she acted a few days prior, but it was at least a start.

"You've been catching up on sleep, huh?" Birdie returned to her usual chipper self, and brought up the menu with a swipe of her fingers. She wanted to let Beatbox take a look at the map, so that they were both at least familiar with the layout. "Here," she said, offering him a trade request. "I trust you with it - take a look at the layout, just in case we get separated or something. We should probably agree on a spot to rendezvous - that is, if you want to play this smart?" With the trade request active, she was able to dismiss her menu.

"I know it's only a low-level dungeon, but.. well.. i-it's kinda my first.." Birdie brought a hand to her neck. Did she need to be so awkward about it? Was it even something to get embarrassed over?

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox smiled warmly and said to her "Nah fam, its alright. I understand you've got some issues with somethin' and its alright to be upset about it, we're all human ya'know?" he patted her shoulder lightly. He chuckled when she had asked when if he was catching up on some sleep, he said to her with a smile and said "Kinda, I've just been working myself off getting EXP and SP that I have had barely enough time to sleep and get back up to do the same things all over again, its been a real grind as of the late." he opened his eyes to see that she had opened a trade to give him the map, he pressed accept and read the map while listening to her speak, he noticed that she was worried that this was her first dungeon and he couldn't really blame her, he was kind of worried for his first dungeon too "Nah, it's alright to be worried about your first dungeon, I was a little when I did too. But this is a beginner dungeon, this should be a piece of cake compared to the dungeons I've been in before. It should be alright. As long as ya stay by me ya should be." he said with a light chuckle.

@Birdie

Birdie found herself smiling, it made her feel better knowing that Beatbox experienced something similar his first time facing a dungeon. "Y-you're right, there's probably nothing to be worried about.."

With that, she took a look around the area, trying to figure out which direction they'd went to find the dungeon previously. A short moment later and she laid eyes on the exact exit they were to go through, and her legs started carrying her forwards. "Sounds like you've been working hard to level up then? At this rate, you'll be eligible for Tier 3 items in a couple of months.." It took for a moment to process that thought - the man she once knew at Level 20 reaching 40 in just a matter of months, and would surely surpass the next 10 levels in a breeze.

"So, what's your plan? Gonna keep levelling up and fighting in floor boss raids?" She realised how loaded (and vague) that question was shortly after asking it, but it was too late to take it back.

@Beatbox

"Hm?" he looked over with a not-listening look and then chuckled "I mean I hadn't been working too too hard, its just long and tedious. I wake up early in the morning and do the same thing which is grind off mobs and thats about it." he shook his head as it sounded rather pathetic grinding exp off of regular mobs but he didn't really care, he found it to be playing it safe. He listened to Birdie's question and he giggled before laughing, he looked up towards her with a smile and patted her shoulder saying "Well.. what else am I supposed to do? I'm gonna grow in levels to fight and defend for my freedom and everyone that I love." he turned around towards the direction where the dungeon is and said "Even if it means me dying in the future. As long as someone can gain ahead... I am perfectly fine with it." he walked towards it signaling her to follow behind him, he placed his hands in his pockets and said "So how about you?" he smiled.

@Birdie

• 2 weeks later...

Birdie's head hung a little lower as Beatbox's brief noble speech drew to an end. His words were so selfless and filled with determination, as if a fire had been lit inside that made him want only the future of others to be guaranteed. It was something she could marvel at, yet wasn't able to say herself.

The focus shifted back to her, and she looked back to him with a faint smile. "Live." Her shoulders lifted and rolled into a miniature shrug. "I can't let myself die in this game, even if there's not much to go back to... my friends are making me realise what's important in life, and that you should never give up. I-I know it probably sounds silly, sorry.." Her eyes drew back to the path, and she veered slightly to the left as they picked up the trail to the dungeon.

"Besides, I've got a lot to go back to now, and there's a lot that I need to fix.. I'm not leaving that on someone else's shoulders." A familiar wall of vines appeared in the distance, and she let out a satisfied sigh. "The dungeon's just up ahead, do you need a moment to sort out your gear?"

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox looked over with a smile as she gave her speech on living and thats what she believes to be important to her, he looked forward on the vines that were in front of them and he chuckled, he didn't know what to do at all he looked over to her and gave her a warm smile "No that's not silly at all Birdie. But look, from my mistakes and from the way I have been fighting and volunteering myself in the frontlines means that I have to accept one thing: death." he said as he looked back forward with a grin "I already know I am going to die at some point in the future, its inevitable. All I can do is delay that, promise me Birdie something." he said as turned over and placed a hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eyes "Keep fighting, see the real world. I made a promise I'd be a better person and I wont stop now, but I know death awaits me, its something I cannot avoid anymore." he said as he looked back towards the dungeon and said "everything I need is equipped, there's nothing I need to equip or use. This is just a beginner dungeon, I know we can beat this." he chuckled.

@Birdie

• 3 weeks later...

Birdie put her palm to a nearby tree, taking a moment to rest as Beatbox spoke. She couldn't look him in the eye at first, his talk about death being an inevitable part of the game proved too depressing for her to face. However, as she felt a hand on her shoulder, she slowly shifted her head sideways and met his green gaze.

She took a breath and nodded, the smallest of smiles pulling her lips apart. "Yeah... I promise." Birdie's tone was heavy, as if she were holding back more heartfelt words. She brought a hand to the one of her shoulder and gently lifted it off. "I.. I better see you on the other side."

The conversation was getting dark - too dark for comfort. Birdie pressed on, feeling the floor change from soft dirt to a rougher, grittier gravel beneath her feet. A gentle breeze blew through the vines that concealed the dungeon's entrance, one of the clues she'd picked up on the first time round. Raising her rapier from its scabbard, she slashed along the top of the hanging vines and watched as they all fell to the floor, revealing a stairwell that would lead down to the labyrinth. "Well.. let's go."

Birdie holstered her blade and began to descend the steps, making sure to take it slow so that Beat might catch up. "For the love of god, please don't let there be giant spiders..."

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox smirked as she had raised her hand to remove his from her shoulder lightly saying that she better see him on the other side, he didn't think it was going to be possible to live from these events that had been passing... people have just been getting more against each other as of the recent, he didn't like any bit of what had been happening one bit. He sighed and said to her "I'll try my best Birdie. However don't be upset if I perish, alright?" he asked her as he turned to walk down the steps of the dungeon carefully looking around, as they we're stepping downwards he had noticed that the area was getting more and more spider webs, hearing a mention about them from Birdie from behind him, he frowned and said "Well Birdie, looks like we're gonna have to fight them." he said as he shook his head as they progressed downward, as they reached the first room, four giant spiders had started to crawl outwards from the four entrances, Beatbox gained an angered look and pulled out his sword with a sigh, these we're going to be simple. He could just feel it.

@Birdie

-----

Beatbox: 855/855 - 84/84

Birdie: ???/??? - ??/??

Giant Spider x4: 450/450

"You say it like it's easy, Beat," she said, her smile evolving into the slightest hint of a smirk. Birdie quickly wiped it away and nodded, "I'll try."

Soon after their descent, Birdie choked on her own words- she hadn't expected to actually run into a nest of spiders! Approaching the first room, she could see their several dozens of red eyes, each moving around in groups of eight. "Well that didn't take long.."

Grabbing the blade she'd holstered only moments ago, Birdie stood attentively and prepared herself to attack. The blue-haired scout stood with her blade pointed forwards and body turned sideways, one hand behind her back and feet spread apart at shoulder length. "I'll go first - wish me luck!"

Dashing forwards, she activated <<Over Radiation>>  and allowed auto-assist system guide to her attack. A flash of light illuminated the cavern walls and she stopped several meters behind the enemy, two of the first spider's eight legs de-materialising from the tip of her sword.

ID# 74585 | BD: 5+3 | CD: 1 | LD: 14 | MB: 9

-----

(H:?) Beatbox: 855/855 - 84/84

(H:1) Birdie: 500/500 - 37/50 | (1+6+5)*14=168 damage

Giant Spider x3: 450/450

Giant Spider x1: 282/450

@Beatbox

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox had felt like something was deeply wrong within her as she said as if it was that easy... Beatbox just wished that she would finally just come up and say it one way or another, but he figured to keep his concerns within him for now as this is probably the worst time to ask about them. He had watched Birdie strike against the Spider and he felt proud, she had grown a bit as a player, however he suddenly felt like he had just surpassed her in levels explosively. He looked over to the group of spiders and his sword glowed an eerie blue as he walked towards them, his sword then turned to a pitch black as he unleashed his sword art "Shadow Explosion" hitting all 6 of them within his range, which was all of them. They all forced to to hit the ground as they were all hit with a incredible amounts of damage, but they stood back up and tried to attack the blonde haired player, however he easily had gotten out their pitiful attacks with ease and with incredible speed.

@Birdie

-----

ID: 74587 - BD: 5+4=9 - MD: 1

Sword Art Used: Shadow Explosion [Damage: 14*9=126]

(H:1 [All]) Beatbox: 855/855 - 84/84 [-18 EN]

(H:1 [#4]) Birdie: 500/500 - 37/50

Giant Spider x3: 334/450 [-126 HP]

Giant Spider #4: 156/450 [-126 HP]

The spiders each sustained heavy damage from Beatbox's attack, something that Birdie picked up on as she readied herself for another attack. 'If I can hit that same spider again..' she allowed her thoughts to trail away, loosing a calm breath. 

The blue-haired woman broke into a sprint and aimed to strike from behind, her sword illuminating a bright neon blue as she drew closer and closer to her enemy. A high-pitched screech escaped the spider's arachnid mouth as Winterthorn struck its abdomen, piercing clean through its body and protruding from out the other side. Only a second later did the mob burst into particles, twinkling with light that illuminated the dingy surroundings.

Being that luck was on their side, Birdie smiled when she spotted some Col in the loot following her small victory. Dismissing it for now, she dashed backwards to avoid a leaping attack and circled the group of enemies, her eyes moving to Beatbox. 

ID# 74693 | BD: 3+3 | CD: 7 | LD: 13 | MD: 4

------

(H:1 [All]) Beatbox: 855/855 - 66/84

(H:2 [#4]) Birdie: 500/500 - 24/50 (1+6+5)*14=168 damage

Giant Spider x3: 334/450 

Giant Spider #4: -8/450 [Dead - 2,250 Col and 1 Mat (T1) acquired]

Loot:

- 2,250 Col
- 1 Material (T1)

@Beatbox

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox had looked over as he had blocked the attacks of three spiders to see that she had struck down one of them with confidence and without error. Beatbox grew a smile onto his face as he whispered out to himself "Good job." he then gained a serious look as he pushed away the three spiders as he charged his next sword art, his sword glowed an eerie blue before it switched to black as he leaped forward to hit all of them with the best area of effect sword art he has in his disposal. Hitting all of them with incredible power, he glanced over to Birdie and gave her a slight smile signalling her to start striking down another spider as they we're all gained to his own attention rather than her. He knew that she was going to be safe, however these spiders can be a little tougher than he expected.

@Birdie

-----

ID: 74709 - BD: 4+4=8 - MD: 7-3=4

Sword Art Used: Shadow Explosion [Damage: 14*9=126]

(H:2 [All]) Beatbox: 855/855 - 49/84 [+1 EN / -18 EN]

(H:0) Birdie: 500/500 - 37/50

Giant Spider x3: 208/450 [-126 HP]

'I'm starting to regret my choice of weapon right about now..' Birdie's eyes dipped to the rapier in her hands; the weapon class no doubt helped her out in countless situations where she would have surely perished without, but to say that no other type would suit her better was a blatant lie at this point.

Still, she had to focus and get her head in the game; literally. Three spiders were still standing, albeit barely given the wounds Beatbox had inflicted upon them. One of the unfortunate souls fell under Birdie's gaze and she pulled her blade backwards again, pursing herself for the safest opportunity to attack. As the spider taunted her blonde friend by presenting its fangs, she sprung forwards like a slingshot and lunged her blade in front, light emerging from the metal tip as <<Over Radiation>> empowered the attack. A myriad of stabs and pierces later and Birdie had safely returned to her prior position, staring down the one spider whose HP fell sharply into the red zone.

@Beatbox

ID: 74803 - BD: 7+3

Sword Art Used: Over Radiation - (1*6*5)*14=168 damage

(H:2 [All]) Beatbox: 855/855 - 49/84

(H:1 [#3)) Birdie: 500/500 - 11/50

Giant Spider x2: 208/450

Giant Spider #3: 40/450

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox had stared right before his eyes a spider try to taunt him by exposing its fangs at him, it didn't phase him at all... but he remained confident in himself that he'll be able to pull this off. Birdie had sprung forward to attack this spider that had exposed its fangs, causing Beatbox to left in awe and wonder in why she did so in the first place, but it was no big deal, he plastered a smile on his face as she was confident enough and could deal an impressive amount of damage. She had the spider occupied so Beatbox decided to ultimately not kill the spider as he didn't want to ruin anything she had going on, he simply charged back up the same sword art he had been using once more and continued to apply the pressure to the existing Spiders, they couldn't touch Beatbox... but he dang sure could strike down them with no issue.

@Birdie

-----

ID: 74812 - BD: 3+4=7 - MD: 3-3=1

(H:2-3 [2: #3 / 3: #1-2]) Beatbox: 855/855 - 32/84 [+1 EN / -18 EN]

(H:1 [#3]) Birdie: 500/500 - 11/50

Giant Spider x2: 82/450 [-126 HP]

• 2 weeks later...

Each spider's health bar trickled into the dangerously low red, the sight of flickering crimson filling out Birdie's smile. Regaining her composure would only take a few seconds more; in the mean time, she witnessed Beatbox's assault on the other two arachnids, who very literally on their last legs.

Despite her delight for the fight going their way, she couldn't help but feel useless among the large pool of enemies; one on one fights were her speciality. Fighting other players brought her discomfort, though, and boss fights were few and far between. Players harbouring area of attack skills outshone the woman when farming for Col, seeing as they could do so four times as fast, so in truth, where did her strengths lie?

The question was laid to rest as a spider lunged at her. Sidestepping, she avoided the damage and began to strafe around her foe, meeting Beat's eye mid-combat. "Finish 'em off!"

ID: 75899 - BD: 2+3=5

(H:2-3 [2: #3 / 3: #1-2]) Beatbox: 855/855 - 32/84 [+1 EN / -18 EN]

Giant Spider x2: 82/450 

@Beatbox

Edited by Birdie

Beatbox had defended himself against the two spiders that had been trying to attack him so desperately and looked over to Birdie's spider that she had brought it down to skim levels of HP. He looked back forward and pushed the two towards the third and without much preparation he had charged his sword up once more to fulfill one more attack upon them. He had let out a battle cry and struck them with the area of effect bringing them down to their bodies as their legs could not support them any further, and eventually... they had exploded into crystals that faded to nothing... the rewards page had shown up rewarding Beatbox for his efforts, then he dropped his sword and fell to the ground leaning against the wall sitting up "Geez, I need to learn to conserve my energy better." he chuckled and placed a hand over his head with a wide smile.

@Birdie

-----

ID: 76325 - BD: 6+4=10 - MD: 3-3=1 - LD: 19

(H:2-3 [2: #3 / 3: #1-2]) Beatbox: 855/855 - 15/84 [+1 EN / -18 EN]

Giant Spider x2: 0/450 [-126 HP]

Giant Spider #3: 0/450 [-126 HP]

Loot: 6750 Col - 6 T1 Materials

Birdie leaned against one of the dungeon's walls, breathing heavily as she guided her weapon into its scabbard. The fight had concluded, and with plentiful rewards no less. "I need to learn to fight properly," she replied to the blonde, sending him a smile as equally bright.

The entrance of the dungeon was still illuminated, light trickling in from the dimly lit staircase beyond. Another room stood in their path, the sealed exit now revealing itself as an open doorway. Peeking in from where she rested, Birdie noted its larger interior compared to the one they stood in now, but not much else could be gained from a single glance into the room.

Groaning as she pushed against the wall, she stretched an arm over her shoulder, releasing a tired sigh. "If what Itzal said about 'beginner dungeons' is correct, we should only have the boss room to go. If I'm honest with you, I thought this would take a little more than just two fights, but.. I guess we'll find out in there." She gestured towards the door, before slumping back into the wall.

"How're you holding up, anyway?"

@Beatbox

---

Out of combat:

1 of 3 posts to recover energy

Edited by Birdie