[PP-F1] The Newbie (Beatbox)

Astric was primed and ready to set off on another day of adventuring. After meeting Sey, who helped him gain his want of actually getting out there and fighting, he was determined to level up. His first goal was level 5. Being at Level 2 gave in 40 percent of the way there and he was hoping to get to level 3 pretty soon.'Maybe I could level up today. Don't get ahead of yourself Astric.. Okay lets try for it' He had a lot of mental conversations with himself as of late, he didn't know if that was hidden coping mechanism for being thrown into a death game. He shrugged internally and carried on to the main town area. He sat on a bench like he usually did but this time he looked around instead of taking a nap. He was trying to get out there in the world. He liked making friends and his first Step was going to be making one today.... or scarring everyone off in the process.

@Beatbox

Edited by Astric

Beatbox leaned against a tree looking out in the distance with the sword sheathed on his sword, he thought about his time here and about the things that he have done. Not only he was proud with some of the things that he has done to bring himself upwards in this world, but there was horrible things that he's done... including that dreadful day where he killed out of anger... his one true mistake, he should have remembered the world that he was in before letting his anger get the best of him. However, he has done more good than bad, including for himself as he grew to level 42 after the event boss on Christmas, and he needed to grow higher to level 50 when floor 21 comes out to get the SP to get to tier 3. He took a deep breath and looked around, he saw this place dwindled of players left and right, however this place still blooms with players for whatever reason that he could think... people we're really scared of dying this game so much so that people remain to level 1.

@Astric

Astric slowly stood up and looked over to see a Very high leveled player, well high leveled to him, leaning against a tree out in front of him. He decided within himself that he was going to go up to the player and talk to him, maybe make a new friend and maybe even train, but that wasn't needed but he had hopes for it. He walked over with a warm smile to the man and looked at him with a crocked smile."Hi there, I saw you standing here all by your lonesome and thought that you might like some company. Before I get to ahead of myself in talking, I'm Astric. And who might you be?" He asked and cocked his head. He had a warm and friendly look on his face while he talked to the man. He really wanted to start making new friends and this was a genuine step in the right direction.

Beatbox looked over to see what appeared to be a beginner with the equipment that he had... his weapon seemed to be rather basic enough to be level 1 or vanity, he looked up to the man that had gave him a smile and gave him a introduction, Beatbox looked back forward and said "Beatbox, Sentinel of Celestial Ascendants, Secondary DPS in my group in the front lines." he said as an introduction for the the player as he looked over once more, his familiar Ocarina looked over on his shoulder and sniffed in his direction to see if he was friendly or not "This floor dwindled ever since we've progressed further and further in this game, yet players like me still end up here for some reason... I wonder why is it that players remain to be here if they aren't level 1... is it the safety of knowing that you wont die? Or is it the simplistic life in this game?" he questioned to the player in front of him "Sorry for the dialogue, you've caught me while I was thinking about things and that I have a lot in my head. Sometimes i'll say it without knowing." he chuckled.

@Astric

Astric cocked his head at the introduction. He opened his mouth to speak but another monologue of words came forth and he shut his mouth again. The words he was saying were things that he hadn't really ever given complete thought to."No you are perfectly fine. I think higher level players don't just come back here for the safety. But to reminisce. Its very basic and bland down here. Here is where you can unwind and think about nothing at all. For the higher leveled players that is, the lower leveled ones, such as myself, have to treat this like the highest floor ever." He laughs and rubs the back off his head. "And wow, first guild person I have ever met. And Beatbox, I like it, its cool and simple. Astric is a strange name. I met someone named Sey, also a weird name. Now I'm rambling." He laughed and blushed.

"I see. However I am not here to reminisce, hell I don't want to remember anything I've done here at times. Some of the reasons we come here is because our stores are here, but why others end up here is beyond me." he said as he kept looking forward. "You've got a lot to see out in this world I might add, theres a lot of stuff to see and a lot of things to fight and complete, I'd strive to get out of this floor as soon as you can however you do need to level up as fast as you can. But there is no penalty of staying here at the moment." he said with a smile and he looked back towards him "I do not remember what level I was when I got out of here, but I'd say level... 6 or 7 should be good enough to see the higher floors if you have the necessary equipment. Which costs money sure, but you can get some items from mob drops... but that's a rare chance." he chuckled, "If ya ever need help with getting some equipment, feel free to let me know." he said with a smile and a wink.

@Astric

"And I completely for got about shops, go me." He made a mental note not to talk about this floor as much, seemed it kind of hurt him to think about it."I should really get started on doing that quest for a shop, but lord knows how lazy I am and can be." He blushes and laughs."I do really want to get out of this floor. Its nice and everything, but I am definitely ready to leave and get out of here." He groaned and leaned back on his heels, almost falling. He laughed and steadied himself. "I also need to farm some col. Most of it has been tied up in staying at inns and such. Just hoping I can get a better weapon soon. My +1 Damage from our beginning stats should hopefully help me out in the long run." He blushed deeply from the wink."You will be my first call then."

Beatbox was a little wierded out by the mans reactions to him, he grew a little uncomfortable by it and knowing Hakai if she was here she'd tell him a piece of her mind about it, Beatbox knew what was going up, he shook his head and crossed his arms "I'm taken, don't get any ideas now." he said with a disappointed look, he grew a upset look and said out to him "Fighting these mobs are more easier than you would think, it just takes a bit of dedication and sometimes a kickstart to deal with these mobs. With good enough damage and good enough damage mitigation properties I am sure you'd be able to deal with these mobs fairly simple. But if you need the col without the fight, I'd recommend completing Earning a Living first. At least that way you can try to get the col that you need, however us as players have all the equipment that we have but at a abundance for Potions. Take that information for what you will, but we need all the potions we can get in the frontlines since we tend to overuse them a bit and forget to have some for our actual boss raids." he said giving useful information to him.

@Astric

He cocked his head."Congrats? Umm.." He trailed off and looked around. He had a flirty attitude with everyone, and it kind of got him into trouble or awkward situations, this is one of them."S-sorry. I had a very flirtatious personality And surprise, here it is." He laughed and rubbed the back of his head. "Jesus Astric, you meet this guy and he think you are flirting with him, smooth man, smooth' He came out of his mental barrage of his actions to listen to Beatbox. He heard about the potion stuff and thought to himself. 'Maybe Alchemy, that sounds okay I suppose. I wanted Tailoring but if it isn't going to have a good market, might as well go for Alchemy' He said and smiled."Thanks for the info, and sorry for making you uncomfortable there.... My personality has some getting used to." He groaned mentally at his horrible way with talking to people with out his flirtatious tendincise spilling out.

Edited by Astric

Beatbox looked back forward as Astric was making a huge mess of himself "Calm down, you're acting like a huge mess at the moment. Just be yourself, its the only thing you can really hold dear in this world. Because before you know it, someone that you love could die in an instant, due to floor bosses to certain mobs to heck even other damned players that have the false sense of what they can do in this world without being tracked in the real world." he said with a growl "And I am damned to let myself fall into that category, I fight for what I know is right now, this world isn't safe and free. Death is permanent and is irreversible, and leads to you being labeled as a murderer." he shook his head and went back on topic "Theres other things you can do, I am just informing you on things that are needed for the front liners, however if you wish to be a blacksmith, tailor, or else no one is going to stop you, Heck some will get an item or two depending on the price of your items." he said as he looked outwards into the distance.

@Astric

He blushed again."Sorry, I am a mess. Go me." He laughed and calmed down more. He put his hands in his pockets and looked at the man as he talked.'Dang, this guy definitely knows what he is talking about that is for sure. Wish they made classes on being adventurers, that would be great' He thought to himself and continued to listen to him."Yeah, there are a lot of things that go into fighting and everything. I know my +1 damage wont do much, but I thought that would be the best thing to help me in the future for fighting and what not." He smiled and gripped the handle of his rapier."And for some reason I wanted a rapier that actually works pretty well for fighting.... I think. Haven't fought anything really." He said with a smile and looked around. I really need to go out and kill some mobs...

Edited by Astric

He looked at his blade, thinking at best it would be a Anneal Blade, which is very common and honestly an item that anyone would give a beginner just to get it out their inventories, he chuckled and said "Well... I have fought bosses and things way above the power of mobs. I can easily mow down mobs without trying." he said looking outwards and he placed his hand on his familiars head, "This little fox is my familiar, believe it this little guy gives me the core of my damage. Familiars are pretty much the core of everyones build, may I ask... what build are you going after? DPS, Healer, Tank, or Scout?" he asked him as he looked over to him with a straight face, he's already left a bad vibe and he doesn't know if he can truly trust him to not make a move as he is not attracted to guys at all. He grew a little angered at that thought but shook off the thought, he needed to put a little more trust in others.

@Astric

"I've always wanted to go on the Floor boss fights. I know I'm a pretty low level right now. But I'm hoping to make it up there. And yeah, I've noticed that a lot of people can basically just push the mobs aside on this floor. Little disheartening here but eh, time to train." He laughed and his face lit up when he saw the fox. "Oh my god! I forgot all about familiars, and yours is so adorable!" He laughed and blushed."Sorry, Cats and Foxes are my two favourite animals ever. And I want to be a healer, straight up fighting and tanking damage is for sure not my forte or still of fighting." He said and looked around. He could not wait to see another floor and not see the same sights every single day, he wondered floor 2 looks like but decided that when he hits a higher level maybe he will go up there.

"Right." he said after his familiar comment as he looked over with a grin, "Floor Bosses aren't as exciting as you would think. When you sign up for a boss raid party, its pretty much signing in blood. No one is responsible for you dying except yourself. And when you are in a party and are forced to watch them all suffer its not fun." he growled, "yet there are boss raids that I never participated in that to this day makes me want to hunt down the ones responsible for their damned actions. But I remain to be respectful for their goals, and I will sit back and watch as their stories are being written by sheer power." he shook his head. "Strive to see the higher floors and eventually out of here, because this game feels like a prison after you look past the freedom. You'll find the depression we all fight against as front liners one day. And when that day comes, don't blame anything other than Kayaba for trapping us here, because no one would have put on there Nerve Gear and entered this world if we knew 100% that we were going to be trapped in here." he said looking back forward towards the trees.

@Astric

Astric listened to the slightly depression woe from this man and he frowned in sadness."I'm sorry that you have had to go through all of that. I'm very lucky to not have all that weight just thrusted on to my shoulders like that.." He trailed off and looked around. "I apologize. I have no the slightest idea what to say after that. I think all I can say is that well, I'm trying to make the most of what this world has to offer. I hope other players follow in that thought and go into the world not depressed, but determined. I mean, we are making strides every day to get closer and closer to reaching the end of this death game, so thats kind of what helps me move forward. Knowing that even though slow, advancements are being made in the end." He finished his monologue with a slight shrug.

Beatbox chuckled, he knew we we're making progress within this game, however the fact of other players having the false sense of freedom that they have ticks him off. He thought back to the tales of Opal that Macradon and Seul once said to him, to this day Beatbox lost hope for humanity in here off of that story alone, as one person betrayed an entire guild and went off to Laughing Coffin, he growled, it was probably best he forgot about it for now. He looked back towards Astric and placed a hand on his shoulder as he patted the back of his back after "But don't you worry about us front liners, you're still level 1 and need to grow up in levels, which there is plenty of time to do, as we are only on floor 20." he smiled before looking back forward crossing his arms placing the palm of his foot against the tree. "If you need the col to get equipment feel free to ask me, I have a good amount left after purchasing my home." he chuckled trying not to show off but instead genuinely trying to help the player as best as he could.

@Astric

"I'm glad I have time to level up. I mean I've had enough time.. just been pretty chicken in the whole actually going out and getting experience and col. And I think its pretty hard not to worry about you front liners. You guys are the reason why we might actually get out of this hell hole. So thank you. From newbies everywhere." He bowed his a small laugh. he stood up and listened to him a bit and quickly started to shake is head."I don't want to take your col or anything from you. Its yours and you earned it fair and square. If I want a weapon, I'm going to farm and train for it myself. Thank you, but no thank you. Its a nice gesture for an almost stranger." He smiled and placed his arms back down and stopped shaking his head."Wait, what guild did you say you were apart of? Been always wanting to join a guild, but I need one to actually go for."

"An almost stranger huh...? That's the first time I heard that one." he chuckled, he looked back to Astric and told him with a serious look "In this game we all need to rely on each other, do not forget that, and if one wants to kill you well..." he looked up towards the sun only to see another floor above him "They're no better than the person that trapped you here." he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He didn't like the fact that players we're going out killing each other like this is some slaughter-fest, it wasn't cool and its not fair... we need every player that we can get, and its not going to help if everyone is shoving swords down each others throats. Beatbox shook his head with a chuckle "Celestial Ascendants, they're designed to help beginners like you. However..." he leaned up against the tree "...not all of them are front-liners, nor know how to fight in the first place, but they do know how to get beginners up there. I recommend joining us, however to do that you have to talk to one of four to join. However finding them is easy, well one of them at least... he's always trying to show off." he said looking back away from him.

@Astric

He smiled lightly. He was confused at the serious tone but understood it when he began to talk about Players killing others. He heard about a lot of player deaths from others. A man named Zelrius and Ssendom were killed by players, and a player named Daeron kicked another player off the side of Aincrad. His remembrance drifted off as he came to his senses and listened to Beatbox more. When the name Celestial Ascendants was brought up he perked up. He recognized that name, he couldn't exactly remember where he heard that name from, but he knew he did. "One of Four? Who exactly are these people." He paused."One shows off? There are too many of those people around here on Floor 1 to pick him out." He laughed and yawned lightly. I wonder who shows off. Probably a performer or some top level guy. Everyone has to protect their fragile masculinity in this game..

Edited by Astric

"Simply put go to floor 5 and look for a performer named Itzal or a female named Kasier. There they will share you the information. But for now I bid you adieu. I'll be catching you around." he said with a wave as he sent a friend request and headed off towards the floor teleporter to get back to his home on floor 11, it was nice meeting another player, however all good times must come to an end as it was getting late and he needed to catch up on some shut eye. He yawned and found himself at the floor teleporter without much time passing by, he chuckled and said out "Teleport. Floor 11, Taft!" and was transported to the eleventh floor in which he would check up on his store first before heading home to get to sleep, he had a realization... he hadn't spoke to Hakai in a while... he hopes that she is okay, the last thing he wants is for her to suddenly disappear, who knows what Beatbox would do.

@Astric - End it up! :P